[FM21] [WIP] E20 - England to Level 20 (maybe 21)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@danbhtfc- some more feedback (cosmetic more than anything else) whilst going through the teams & checking logos, etc.

Workington / Workington Development / Workington Reds Juniors Whites / Workington Reds Juniors Blacks - the affiliations aren't working as I think is intended -  if you look in game it shows as Workington Reds Juniors Whites as the senior team able to send players to Workington, rather than the other way around (plus the other affiliations aren't showing up).

Additionally, the main Workington club has inherited the logo of Workington Red Juniors Whites rather than retain its logo - the editor has decided the logo/kits to be used based on the settings made.

jBtOJ2W.jpg

What I think should be ticked under the Current Affiliations tab for each team is as follows:

Workington -> "Is Main Club" ticked for the entries for Workington Red Juniors / Workington Development (& probably Workington Red Juniors B - or is the link only between WRJ & WRJ B?)

Workington Red Juniors Whites -> "Is Main Club" ticked for entry for Workington Reds Juniors B

All other affiliations for W/WD/WRJ/WRJB have "Is Main Club" unticked.

NB - Updating this in the editor is a pain - pick the wrong order & the editor crashes

To sort out the logos, again under the Current Affiliations tab:

Workington -> "Uses Same Kit" unticked for the Workington Reds Juniors & Workington Reds Juniors B entries, ticked for the Workington Development entry

Workington Reds Juniors Whites -> "Uses Same Kit" unticked for the Workington entry, ticked for the Workington Reds Juniors B entry

Workington Development -> "Uses Same Kit" ticked for Workington entry

Workington Reds Juniors Blacks -> "Uses Same Kit" unticked for Workington entry, ticked for Workington Reds Juniors entry

Having tried the amendments out & created a new game, it seems to be in order:

a0n7Swt.jpg

On 11/05/2021 at 20:12, AhMostyn said:

@danbhtfc- some more feedback (cosmetic more than anything else) whilst going through the teams & checking logos, etc.

Workington / Workington Development / Workington Reds Juniors Whites / Workington Reds Juniors Blacks - the affiliations aren't working as I think is intended -  if you look in game it shows as Workington Reds Juniors Whites as the senior team able to send players to Workington, rather than the other way around (plus the other affiliations aren't showing up).

Additionally, the main Workington club has inherited the logo of Workington Red Juniors Whites rather than retain its logo - the editor has decided the logo/kits to be used based on the settings made.

jBtOJ2W.jpg

What I think should be ticked under the Current Affiliations tab for each team is as follows:

Workington -> "Is Main Club" ticked for the entries for Workington Red Juniors / Workington Development (& probably Workington Red Juniors B - or is the link only between WRJ & WRJ B?)

Workington Red Juniors Whites -> "Is Main Club" ticked for entry for Workington Reds Juniors B

NB - Updating this in the editor is a pain - pick the wrong order & the editor crashes

Workington -> "Uses Same Kit" unticked for the Workington Reds Juniors & Workington Reds Juniors B entries, ticked for the Workington Development entry

Workington Reds Juniors Whites -> "Uses Same Kit" unticked for the Workington entry, ticked for the Workington Reds Juniors B entry

Workington Reds Juniors Blacks -> "Uses Same Kit" unticked for Workington entry, ticked for Workington Reds Juniors entry

a0n7Swt.jpg

That's me being an idiot and not checking properly!

On 11/05/2021 at 20:12, AhMostyn said:

jBtOJ2W.jpg

a0n7Swt.jpg

35 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

That's me being an idiot and not checking properly!

Workington AFC and Workington Reds are two completely different clubs and aren’t linked to each other, the latter is a junior club with two open age teams.

Hey Dan, unrelated but I got my Isle of Man database working with your England file! Best thing is, the file doesn't need to be merged to work. My file overwrites FC Isle of Man in your file and bases them in Isle of Man rather than England.

Dan,

Some more club affiliations that may need looking at when you get a chance:

Grimsby Borough <- Grimsby Borough Dev / Grimsby Borough Reserves
St Blazey Reserves -> St Blazey
Torridgeside Reserves -> Torridgeside
Bugbrooke St Michaels A -> Bugbrooke St Michaels
Kettering Nomads Reserves -> Kettering Nomads
Newcastle Blue Star U23 -> Newcastle Blue Star
Totternhoe Reserves -> Totternhoe
Tooting Bec -> FC Tooting Bec (needs creating)
Ripon City -> Ripon City Reserves (needs creating)
Bearsted Reserves -> Bearsted
Blidworth Welfare & Blidworth Welfare Reds (appear to be separate rather than linked to each other)

On 15/05/2021 at 21:20, AhMostyn said:

Dan,

Blidworth Welfare & Blidworth Welfare Reds (appear to be separate rather than linked to each other)

Blidworth Welfare Red is the reserve team of Blidworth Welfare

11 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Blidworth Welfare Red is the reserve team of Blidworth Welfare

Ok - wasn't sure as different logos for the teams & this tweet from Blidworth Welfare seemed to indicate no current reserve team (but one being formed for next year) - here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 15/05/2021 at 21:20, AhMostyn said:

Dan,

All sorted for the Level 14 release

Hi,

First off, amazing work

I'm just wanting to use this down to Level 9 as I wouldn't be interested in playing any lower.

I'm aware I can just keep Level 9 and upwards active and loaded and have the others off, however my concern is would just having the option to turn more on leave the game a bit bloated and possible running slower? In the past I've always created to Level 9, then just put a load of teams in the division below in an inactive division with promotion places to keep a good spread of teams

Edited by Domoboy23

On 14/07/2021 at 17:09, Domoboy23 said:

Hi,

First off, amazing work

I'm just wanting to use this down to Level 9 as I wouldn't be interested in playing any lower.

I'm aware I can just keep Level 9 and upwards active and loaded and have the others off, however my concern is would just having the option to turn more on leave the game a bit bloated and possible running slower? In the past I've always created to Level 9, then just put a load of teams in the division below in an inactive division with promotion places to keep a good spread of teams

As no one has answered for you.

If you use this file, it will load in all the teams within it, regardless of which level you have active.  However, it shouldn't affect the speed as that's determined by the number of leagues active that need processing.  So if you have up to level 9 active, the game should only need to process those 9 levels and any teams below that will not have too much processing needed outside of any Cup matches they might be involved in or transfer activity. 

The more active leagues you have running i.e the lower the level you go, the slower the processing will be, which is the very same as if you were playing the vanilla game.  

Something that might slow the game down over time however is player numbers within those active leagues, as most teams at the lower reaches will not have full squads initially and as the years move on, and Youth intakes happen, the squads fill up and you'll eventually reach a peak threshold where the number of players in those active league level out.  I would guesstimate that the number of players that would increase would be maybe a couple of thousand, so depending on the size of the initial database you load might be between 5-10% increase in size.  As the game progresses it will need to process each player, so as the number of players increases this will slow it down a bit. 

In the vanilla game, this increase in player numbers doesn't happen as greatly, as the game already has the threshold numbers for each nation based on the active leagues and selected database.  So the game might start with 50 San Marino players and as some retire, then the similar number will be replaced.  but in edited databases, where teams start with little to no players, it needs to fill the spaces and so will get youths etc to make more active players so teams are not full of greys. 

Hey guys,

I have a question for you:

I’m managing in League 2 & aiming to get promoted within the next couple of seasons. In your opinion, is it worth me restarting my save but adding these leagues so that I can (potentially) pinch high potential regens from the leagues below? Do you get any regens with the potential to make in League 2 & above? Will these leagues add high value to my experience despite the fact that I won’t be managing lower than League 2 in this save? I’d probably only add a couple of leagues below the Vanarama South/North.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, smeagoltonez said:

Hey guys,

I have a question for you:

I’m managing in League 2 & aiming to get promoted within the next couple of seasons. In your opinion, is it worth me restarting my save but adding these leagues so that I can (potentially) pinch high potential regens from the leagues below? Do you get any regens with the potential to make in League 2 & above? Will these leagues add high value to my experience despite the fact that I won’t be managing lower than League 2 in this save? I’d probably only add a couple of leagues below the Vanarama South/North.

Thanks!

Honestly, you most likely won't get too much in terms of better regens coming through from the lower leagues as from a certain point the reputations and youth facilities will be pretty poor. If you are starting at League 2, you are better using the vanilla database down to Vanarama N/S.  But if you want a bit more variations in the clubs that could climb through the ranks, then this file will be a godsend as I love seeing clubs from the non-league appearing many years down the line. Now, those clubs that rise through the ranks, will most probably improve their facilities so they might produce the odd decent player. But that will be years down the line...by which time you might be Premier League and scouring overseas anyway.

2 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Honestly, you most likely won't get too much in terms of better regens coming through from the lower leagues as from a certain point the reputations and youth facilities will be pretty poor. If you are starting at League 2, you are better using the vanilla database down to Vanarama N/S.  But if you want a bit more variations in the clubs that could climb through the ranks, then this file will be a godsend as I love seeing clubs from the non-league appearing many years down the line. Now, those clubs that rise through the ranks, will most probably improve their facilities so they might produce the odd decent player. But that will be years down the line...by which time you might be Premier League and scouring overseas anyway.

Fantastic reply, thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I absolutely love this database and appreciate all the hard work that's gone into it. I've just got one question and it could just be something stupid on my part, but whenever I start a save with this database anywhere below Vanarama Nth/Sth the 'interested in transfer' function doesn't seem to work properly. I can be in level 14 and it tells me that Mbappe is very interested in joining me, which makes it hard to search for any suitable players. Anyone know of a fix for this?

1 hour ago, BILC0712 said:

Hi guys,

I absolutely love this database and appreciate all the hard work that's gone into it. I've just got one question and it could just be something stupid on my part, but whenever I start a save with this database anywhere below Vanarama Nth/Sth the 'interested in transfer' function doesn't seem to work properly. I can be in level 14 and it tells me that Mbappe is very interested in joining me, which makes it hard to search for any suitable players. Anyone know of a fix for this?

do you have an assistant manager?

Hello!

I am trying to edit your file via editor so I can remove brexit but I am coming up against the issue attached and no matter what I do, I cant seem to fix it. Can any one help me?

981793784_Screenshot2021-08-25212443.png.241613fdf751299338f59a406b7f8975.png

There are 2 leagues in Vanarama N/S.

There are 2 leagues in Vanarama N/S.

There are 4 leagues in regional premier divisions.

There are 4 leagues in regional premier divisions. 

216307965_Screenshot2021-08-25213855.png.5b03e3fb0069e78c8d6e3e568a0bcf84.png

Edited by jrmarks

Can some nice person please create a Handsworth GSOB kit and logo please as I want to start a Level 15 save with them but I really want to use their logo and their kits.

Here is a photo of the kits 

Handsworth FC announce Mitre partnership | Mitre Blog

Here is a photo of their logo. 

image.jpeg.e650e64f155c5e94c5b0662c6c744d27.jpeg

I would really appreciate the help with this please. 

Maybe the awesome @AhMostyn could do it wink wink lol.

Awesome work by @Dan BHTFC  for this wonderful file & also @AhMostyn as well for the logos, backgrounds etc.

On 27/08/2021 at 21:26, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Can some nice person please create a Handsworth GSOB kit and logo please as I want to start a Level 15 save with them but I really want to use their logo and their kits.

Here is a photo of the kits 

Handsworth FC announce Mitre partnership | Mitre Blog

Here is a photo of their logo. 

image.jpeg.e650e64f155c5e94c5b0662c6c744d27.jpeg

I would really appreciate the help with this please. 

Maybe the awesome @AhMostyn could do it wink wink lol.

Awesome work by @Dan BHTFC  for this wonderful file & also @AhMostyn as well for the logos, backgrounds etc.

That kit is for Handsworth Parramore FC (which was renamed Handsworth FC in 2019) and those kits can be found in the Northern Counties East folder on another site under the "England - English Leagues 7-10 SS 2020-21" link

If you're after the Handsworth GSOB badge over the top of the actual, then this is my quick attempt of pasting the logo over the existing one (original credit for the kit goes to bolid74 on that website), along with a couple of cuts of the logo found on the GSOB twitter page.

handsworth_gsob_1.png

handsworth_gsob_2.png

hgsobfc_alt_small.png

hgsobfc_normal.png

hgsobfc_small.png

hgsobfc_alt_normal.png

Edited by AhMostyn

4 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

That kit is for Handsworth Parramore FC (which was renamed Handsworth FC in 2019) and those kits can be found in the Northern Counties East folder on another site under the "England - English Leagues 7-10 SS 2020-21" link

If you're after the Handsworth GSOB badge over the top of the actual, then this is my quick attempt of pasting the logo over the existing one (original credit for the kit goes to bolid74 on that website), along with a couple of cuts of the logo found on the GSOB twitter page.

handsworth_gsob_1.png

handsworth_gsob_2.png

hgsobfc_alt_small.png

hgsobfc_normal.png

hgsobfc_small.png

hgsobfc_alt_normal.png

Oh wow that is awesome. Thank you buddy. I appreciate your hard work.

• 1 month later...

Dunno if anyone is still reading this thread. My last campaign was with Dan's file in FM19 (although through last winter into this spring) where I took a team from L13 into the Premier League, for the first time ever. However, after incremental improvements of one league place per season, I got bored and packed it in.

Now I'm back, with FM21, with a Cornish village in L14. Here's my problem - I only have a first team squad. I've put all my players outside my regular starting XI in the U23 squad for them to play friendlies and get fit/match fit, but I can't find any way to arrange matches. The schedule tab doesn't have a tab for U23 or U18. I've tried assigning my assman, but that doesn't produce any fixtures either. Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Hold up  - I found it in the Development Centre. Sheesh.

Edited by phnompenhandy
found it

On 26/10/2021 at 03:46, phnompenhandy said:

Dunno if anyone is still reading this thread. My last campaign was with Dan's file in FM19 (although through last winter into this spring) where I took a team from L13 into the Premier League, for the first time ever. However, after incremental improvements of one league place per season, I got bored and packed it in.

Now I'm back, with FM21, with a Cornish village in L14. Here's my problem - I only have a first team squad. I've put all my players outside my regular starting XI in the U23 squad for them to play friendlies and get fit/match fit, but I can't find any way to arrange matches. The schedule tab doesn't have a tab for U23 or U18. I've tried assigning my assman, but that doesn't produce any fixtures either. Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Hold up  - I found it in the Development Centre. Sheesh.

Sounds like you may have found it but if you don't have the normal U23 and U18 buttons on the menu bar to the left it's because of the delegation settings. There's one of the items that when you take responsibility for it, the menu bar icon pops up on the left. Maybe training?

This was confusing for everyone so you're not alone. 

10 hours ago, davenumber40 said:

Sounds like you may have found it but if you don't have the normal U23 and U18 buttons on the menu bar to the left it's because of the delegation settings. There's one of the items that when you take responsibility for it, the menu bar icon pops up on the left. Maybe training?

This was confusing for everyone so you're not alone. 

Cheers, that's just what happened! My assman was playing greys instead of my players who need match fitness. I couldn't find where to ask him to start my choices and use my tactics, so I took control and IR the games. Then U23 appeared on my sidebar. We lose every game this way but it's a decent compromise.

I missed out on the whole 'look at these stunning new features' articles a year ago (and FW20) so there's a few mysteries here. Thank goodness for the pop-ups as the gestures would be utterly unknowable without them.

Edited by phnompenhandy

I might be a bit late in this but you have the Crook & District League at the wrong level.  The Crook top division is a feeder to the Wearside League Division 2, not the same level.  For completeness, the North East Combination League Division 1 and the North Northumberland League are the same level as the Crook League and are a feeder to the Northern Football Alliance League Division 3.

On 01/11/2021 at 12:48, slycottoncat said:

I might be a bit late in this but you have the Crook & District League at the wrong level.  The Crook top division is a feeder to the Wearside League Division 2, not the same level.  For completeness, the North East Combination League Division 1 and the North Northumberland League are the same level as the Crook League and are a feeder to the Northern Football Alliance League Division 3.

The Crook & District League is at Levels 12-13 and feeds Wearside League Division One at Level 11. The North Northumberland League feeds the North East Combination League Division Three at Level 17.

Now then, my old PC was struggling with the graphics for FW21 so I've gone more retro.

FM18, Dan's old Level 22 file. Simpler days.

Club rep 1, 20 quid in the coffers, signing up my grays on non-contract non-payment deals...

LET'S DO THE FAIRWARP AGAIN!!!

:hammer: