A light-hearted rant

Sometimes it's nice to just get a little light-hearted rant off your chest. Feel free to add your own. No heavy complaining please!

My contribution:

3rd season at Newcastle, finding out that motivation can be a tricky thing :lol:

Last 3 games in CL:
R. Madrid - Newcastle: 0-1 win
Newcastle - RB Leipzig: 5-1 win
Newcastle - Paris SG: 3-2 win

Last 3 games in EPL:
Newcastle - Sheffield Utd: 2-2 draw
Fulham - Newcastle: 2-0 loss
Newcastle - Chelsea: 2-5 loss

I'm sure it'll work out in the end.

Not to be that "it's your tactics"-guy, but that could be your tactics, sorry. The CL matches seems like places you get loads of space and teams attack you, while I except Sheffield Utd and Fulham to be much more defensive minded and counter attacking against you. Of course, motivation also is a potential killer if the players get complacent! Never underestimate how well a thrown bottle works even if you win a scrappy win against a poor side! ;)

As for light-hearted rant? I'm still having issues with Jack Joyce and his TNS in the Welsh leagues. Jack has scored 121 league goals in 4 seasons and have started the new one with 5 in 5! :mad:

My current issue in my second season with Deportivo is smashing the best teams in the league before drawing or losing to relegation fodder. So I am sitting in first place, undefeated against the top half of the table, never beaten the bottom half. I am expected to get a midtable finish. I'm SO hard done by. Apparently I also have a motivation issue. 

On an even more light hearted note, a winger I do not rate came in to play a game due to injuries elsewhere... and absolutely smashed the game, scoring 2, setting up 1. Now I feel bad dropping him, because he earned a run in the team. Silly fool, why could he not have just sucked so I could go back to not playing him!

15 hours ago, XaW said:

Never underestimate how well a thrown bottle works even if you win a scrappy win against a poor side! ;)

Onto light-hearted rant nr2; Did that once after a pre-season friendly against a Portuguese 2nd division team which we drew 2-2. The team was very upset and called a team meeting saying I should not have been upset about their performance. Didn't sit well with me, so I kicked a chair and told them to shut it.

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, XaW said:

As for light-hearted rant? I'm still having issues with Jack Joyce and his TNS in the Welsh leagues. Jack has scored 121 league goals in 4 seasons and have started the new one with 5 in 5! :mad:

FM clearly hasn't seen him play FIFA Pro Clubs.