[FM21] Intro Panel

Alexpuk2002

8 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

I am editing the intro panel to show a background instead of the 3D dressing room. I was wondering though if there is an easy way to move the main menu over to the right a bit more so that the trophy in my background is more visible.

1365436763_Screenshot2020-12-07at11_14_23.thumb.png.6c672f8bca9f4c97cd5ce0f25243f8f0.png

Look for this piece of coding in your intro panel, as you can see I have it on the left:

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="main menu/intro">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />

<container id="mIco">
      <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left" offset="0" gap="0" />
      <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="left" offset="0" gap="0" />
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="60" />

<!-- Content -->
      <container id="mnla" height="950" width="1200">
        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="top" offset="0" gap="0" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

214560343_Screenshot(270).thumb.png.dd8dd7e30a1dbb99b6a893ef379345ad.png

1 hora atrás, Alexpuk2002 disse:

Here is the Intro Panel that I use in my skin. A few people have requested it so thought I would share. Just move the files into the relevant areas of your skin.

Intro Panel.zip 169 kB · 3 downloads

Thank you so much for this suggestion, such a nice idea. Definitely got me nostalgic with those early FM vibes!

xzxdsd.PNG

Edited by lugui

• 1 month later...
On 08/12/2020 at 02:34, a31632 said:

Look for this piece of coding in your intro panel, as you can see I have it on the left:

<container id="mIco">
      <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left" offset="0" gap="0" />
      <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="left" offset="0" gap="0" />

<!-- Content -->
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

May I request your intro panel, that's very nice

On 12/12/2020 at 15:19, lugui said:

Thank you so much for this suggestion, such a nice idea. Definitely got me nostalgic with those early FM vibes!

xzxdsd.PNG

How did you get the actual menu itself to be black instead of purple? 

On 12/12/2020 at 20:15, Alexpuk2002 said:

Here is the Intro Panel that I use in my skin. A few people have requested it so thought I would share. Just move the files into the relevant areas of your skin.

Intro Panel.zip 169.92 kB · 74 downloads

So do you overwrite these? and can I use a custom made skin?

Edited by TheStockportHatter86

Em 31/01/2021 em 13:38, JoséNEO disse:

Long story short: at the time of that screenshot, I was playing around with files from other (dark) skins and managed to get the black menu. Although, I messed up something and had to restore the original .xml, and I am not sure what exact code simply changes the colours from purple to dark. (if anyone knows it, I'd like to learn as well).

Anyway, I found a workaround, and managed to have it solid black, in case you're interested:

1- Download and extract the zip "IntroPanel". Put the contents on the respective foldas of your skin.

2-  Download and extract the contents of my zip attached, place them on the path in the title. If you dont have it, just create the folders manually.

You can change the background image by replacing the file under  \yourskin\graphics\main menu\background.

You can try different shades and colous for the menu by using a paper and paper@2x files under yourskin\graphics\boxes\custom\main menu.

3- Run the game or clear cache and restart the skin, should work.

This is how my menu looks like with after all that:

Intro.PNG

Extract thise files to yourskin-graphics-boxes-custom-main menu.rar IntroPanel.zip

On 31/01/2021 at 16:38, JoséNEO said:

If you look on line 132 of the intro panel.xml then you should see the following code

<!-- Menu -->
<container class="main_contrast_box" id="mPic" width="500" appearance="boxes/custom/main menu/paper" navigation_container="true" default_focus="true">

Replace that code with the following

<!-- Menu -->
            <container class="main_contrast_box" id="mPic" width="500" appearance="boxes/custom/main menu/paper" red_replacement="bg" blue_replacement="fg" navigation_container="true" default_focus="true">

Just replace the parts that are highlighted red with whatever colour you want to be shown. The red_replacement will change the main background colour of the box and the blue_replacement will change the colour of the lines at the top of the box

3 horas atrás, Alexpuk2002 disse:

If you look on line 132 of the intro panel.xml then you should see the following code

<!-- Menu -->
<container class="main_contrast_box" id="mPic" width="500" appearance="boxes/custom/main menu/paper" navigation_container="true" default_focus="true">

Replace that code with the following

<!-- Menu -->
            <container class="main_contrast_box" id="mPic" width="500" appearance="boxes/custom/main menu/paper" red_replacement="bg" blue_replacement="fg" navigation_container="true" default_focus="true">

Just replace the parts that are highlighted red with whatever colour you want to be shown. The red_replacement will change the main background colour of the box and the blue_replacement will change the colour of the lines at the top of the box

Thanks for the explanation, @Alexpuk2002. Does seem a lot easier to work with.

A skinning question: what range of values do the red_replacement and blue_replacement codes accept in general? In other words, is there a list of values that can go there, such RGB, etc?

Edited by lugui

49 minutes ago, lugui said:

A skinning question: what range of values do the red_replacement and blue_replacement codes accept in general? In other words, is there a list of values that can go there, such RGB, etc?

It’ll call the code from the skin settings. Not sure if it accepts numbers, but it will accept whatever colour you have assigned to a name. “Dark_blue” = (rgb,rgb,rgb) for example.

It’ll accept the name.

Edited by Tyburn

49 minutes ago, lugui said:

You can use anything in the Material Design colour system. As well as this it also reads from the settings.xml. See here.

5 horas atrás, Tyburn disse:

It’ll call the code from the skin settings. Not sure if it accepts numbers, but it will accept whatever colour you have assigned to a name. “Dark_blue” = (rgb,rgb,rgb) for example.

It’ll accept the name.

Thank you very much!

5 horas atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

You can use anything in the Material Design colour system. As well as this it also reads from the settings.xml. See here.

Thanks! I will definitely study that.

On 02/02/2021 at 02:02, lugui said:

Long story short: at the time of that screenshot, I was playing around with files from other (dark) skins and managed to get the black menu. Although, I messed up something and had to restore the original .xml, and I am not sure what exact code simply changes the colours from purple to dark. (if anyone knows it, I'd like to learn as well).

Anyway, I found a workaround, and managed to have it solid black, in case you're interested:

1- Download and extract the zip "IntroPanel". Put the contents on the respective foldas of your skin.

2-  Download and extract the contents of my zip attached, place them on the path in the title. If you dont have it, just create the folders manually.

You can change the background image by replacing the file under  \yourskin\graphics\main menu\background.

You can try different shades and colous for the menu by using a paper and paper@2x files under yourskin\graphics\boxes\custom\main menu.

3- Run the game or clear cache and restart the skin, should work.

This is how my menu looks like with after all that:

Intro.PNG

Extract thise files to yourskin-graphics-boxes-custom-main menu.rar 41.97 kB · 8 downloads IntroPanel.zip 167.75 kB · 5 downloads

can you share the crespo picture :D

12 horas atrás, bkeaton disse:

can you share the crespo picture :D

Glad you got it from @begoodpam! Love this pic.

I have this feeling that the ones aligned to the left with some sort of empty space on the right makes the game look more nostalgic :lol:

Im in love with this one, poetry in motion...

manager.jpg.44e9d3ddd59baa84e04db0e7befef7b9.jpg

Edited by lugui

The line of code you need is just above line 142.

If you look there will be a bit that has alignment right and just under that there should be a bit something like inset -175. 

If you want to move it over a bit then make the number like -220

Edited by el-chambo

On 07/12/2020 at 19:34, a31632 said:

<container id="mIco">

<!-- Content -->

This looks really good!

How did you get the box to show transparent?

I've got mine over to the left but I'd like to move it down and reduce the size.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Just starting to fiddle around with this, some help please if anyone can.....

1. How do I remove the "What's New in FM" button and also the FM FC advert, as some have done? Deleting the relevant containers in the Intro Panel just seems to corrupt booting up the game, whilst removing the Intro Promo Banner xml and picture file hasn't had any effect.

2. Think I should be able to adjust the colour and size of the start menu/columns, thanks to what is already mentioned in previous posts, but how do I adjust the transparency to show more of my background pic? Made my own Paper transparency file but it went very wrong!

Ta in advance.

(Deleted Pic in case of copyright problems, my background has the PL logo plus Club Badges)

Edited by mp_87

On 07/12/2020 at 16:34, a31632 said:

Procure esta parte da codificação em seu painel de introdução, como você pode ver, eu a tenho à esquerda:

<container class = "bordered_box"
    appear = "main menu / intro"> <layout class = "stick_to_sides_attachment" align = "all" inset = "0" />

<container id = "mIco">
      <layout class = "organization_horizontal_attachment" direction = "left" offset = "0" gap = "0" />
      <layout class = "organization_vertical_attachment" direction = "left" offset = gap "0" = "0" />
      <layout class = "stick_to_sides_attachment" alinhamento = "all" inset = "60" />

<! - Conteúdo ->
      <container id = "mnla" height = "950" width = "1200">
        <layout class = "organization_vertical_attachment" layout = "top" offset = "0" gap = "0" />
        <layout class = "stick_to_sides_attachment" alinhamento = "left" apply_to_children = "true" inset = "0" />

214560343_Screenshot (270) .thumb.png.dd8dd7e30a1dbb99b6a893ef379345ad.png

Teach us how to do the same as yours or share the file with us, please

• 7 months later...
Em 18/11/2021 em 10:13, Liki_boom_boom_down disse:

Hello,

did somebody already make it work for FM22?

Would love to be able to replace the 3D manager and locker room background with either a generic FM or club specific background.

Thanks!

Hello!

Tried it now with OPZ but didn't work :(

The code for the intro panel still works fine in FM 2022, so if you got it working last year it should still work.

The only change I needed to make with my panel, in the menu buttons sections. was changing  widget class="button" to widget class="subtle_button" to make the button "clickable".

815419093_Screenshot(35).thumb.png.5a787dd440dbc671fa39810bdc44e6cd.png

Edited by a31632
Updated screenshot with new background

1 hour ago, a31632 said:

The code for the intro panel still works fine in FM 2022, so if you got it working last year it should still work.

The only change I needed to make with my panel, in the menu buttons sections. was changing  widget class="button" to widget class="subtle_button" to make the button "clickable".

815419093_Screenshot(35).thumb.png.5a787dd440dbc671fa39810bdc44e6cd.png

So I can pull my FM21 intro over and all I have to do is change that small bit of code? 

• 6 months later...
On 07/12/2020 at 19:34, a31632 said:

<container id="mIco">

<!-- Content -->

i cant find the line for the code to move the panel to the left is it possible you can point me in the right direction thanks