[FM21] Full Team Name Scoreboard & Faces on the Bench

giglet13

I'm really new to this but trying to ease in with tweaks on existing skins for my own use, to learn how! Any help would be great! I've searched forum for some keywords but not found anything yet for the two below...

Full Team Name Scoreboard

It's part of the Material Skin available, but just wondered if anyone could share the 'how' of making it happen? I've had a look through some of the configs in the skin but I'm very new to this so not sure where to start! 

image.thumb.png.c7ea451c7eb9f12a218397b1953c66fb.png

Player Faces on the Bottom of Match Screen Line Up/Subs

Separately I saw this shared on Twitter for a work in progress, and would also love any help more experienced Skinners can share on making this tweak too;

image.thumb.png.f46ae7f3bfaa05a6546abddb71be992c.png

Edited by giglet13

• giglet13 changed the title to [FM21] Full Team Name Scoreboard & Faces on the Bench
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've managed to decode and use panels from two other skins to get Scoreboard and Player Faces on bench - One thing I've got left though, and hopefully very basic, is the team name colours in the Scoreboard. I've got the background and base colour sorted - but for my team it changes the team name to highlight in a light blue - I just want this removed/switched off so where would I be looking in the Config for the line governing this?

I can see most items (where i've switched colour names to white) and that works for all teams except my own which still have the highlight!

So far, no one has been able to answer how we can have the long names in the scoreboard while having the team background primary color and the team text the secondary color.

The best I've seen or came up with myself after fiddling with the FLUT skin "match score area panel" is to get the long team name with the text being the secondary color of the competition.  If I resort to using the 6-letter name for the team, then the it will work properly........for some reason the code that gives us the long team name does not allow for the text to be the secondary color of the team.

What I did last night while playing my first friendly with Sevilla, is change the text color to "red" instead of "secondary" and it worked....so it will accept specific color commands....so I had the white background and the red text rather than white on white (since Friendly Competitions secondary color is white).....but I don't want to have to do that for both teams every game I play !!!

One of the mysteries of FM21....

1 hour ago, Onyewu said:

So far, no one has been able to answer how we can have the long names in the scoreboard while having the team background primary color and the team text the secondary color.

The best I've seen or came up with myself after fiddling with the FLUT skin "match score area panel" is to get the long team name with the text being the secondary color of the competition.  If I resort to using the 6-letter name for the team, then the it will work properly........for some reason the code that gives us the long team name does not allow for the text to be the secondary color of the team.

What I did last night while playing my first friendly with Sevilla, is change the text color to "red" instead of "secondary" and it worked....so it will accept specific color commands....so I had the white background and the red text rather than white on white (since Friendly Competitions secondary color is white).....but I don't want to have to do that for both teams every game I play !!!

One of the mysteries of FM21....

I've done this to set text colour as white - but it still leaves user controlled team as a light blue highlight.

I'm using the Match Scoreboard Panel from Material Skin and the remaining Match Panels form the Kojuro Skin to get the set up I'd like. The rest is the TCS Skin. My knowledge only goes as far as blending and tweaking elements others have built really so anyone who knows more that can guide would be awesome!

2 hours ago, giglet13 said:

I've done this to set text colour as white - but it still leaves user controlled team as a light blue highlight.

I'm using the Match Scoreboard Panel from Material Skin and the remaining Match Panels form the Kojuro Skin to get the set up I'd like. The rest is the TCS Skin. My knowledge only goes as far as blending and tweaking elements others have built really so anyone who knows more that can guide would be awesome!

Same here....which is why I'm sort of at a dead end after a lot of trial and error.....hopefully one of the masters will crack the code.

9 hours ago, giglet13 said:

So I've managed to decode and use panels from two other skins to get Scoreboard and Player Faces on bench - One thing I've got left though, and hopefully very basic, is the team name colours in the Scoreboard. I've got the background and base colour sorted - but for my team it changes the team name to highlight in a light blue - I just want this removed/switched off so where would I be looking in the Config for the line governing this?

I can see most items (where i've switched colour names to white) and that works for all teams except my own which still have the highlight!

have a look at flut scoreboard in his skin over on fm scout  don't know if it will help

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

I'm gonna say its not possible

Very odd........as one that watches the game in full, the scoreboard was always an important part of the experience. Skin Masters have come up with some good ones over the years, so it's a shame this is constricted. So I'll either manipulate the color in the "match score area panel" before each game I play or see if I can stomach the disjointed 6 letter team names for the sake of proper team colors {How do I cut Borussia Monchengladbach down to 6 letters :-) }

Thanks for confirming bluestillidie00 

After many attempts, this is the code for full names in match scoreboard (match score area panel.xml):

<!--home team name-->
<widget class="team_button" id="homN" icon_enabled="false" auto_size="none" font="title" size="10" alignment="right,centre_y,can_scale" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black" mode="1">
  <record id="object_property" get_property="home" set_property="valu" />
</widget>

<!--away team name--> 
<widget class="team_button" id="awaN" icon_enabled="false" auto_size="none" font="title" size="10" alignment="left,centre_y,can_scale" click_event="atac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black" mode="1">
  <record id="object_property" get_property="away" set_property="valu" />
</widget>

Replace this code with the original one.

It's a mix of Material Skin and FLUT Skin codes.

Edited by Jas80

9 hours ago, Jas80 said:

After many attempts, this is the code for full names in match scoreboard (match score area panel.xml):

<!--home team name-->
<widget class="team_button" id="homN" icon_enabled="false" auto_size="none" font="title" size="10" alignment="right,centre_y,can_scale" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black" mode="1">
</widget>

<!--away team name--> 
<widget class="team_button" id="awaN" icon_enabled="false" auto_size="none" font="title" size="10" alignment="left,centre_y,can_scale" click_event="atac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black" mode="1">
</widget>

Sorry for off topic, but how to download panels for base skin? I want this mod on a base skin and to keep everything as it is.

I have managed to get the background colour for the home and away teams to display their team colours but I can't seem to get the text to display the team secondary colour. When you use the secondary option for the team name it changes it to the secondary colour for the competition instead of the team. This is how its looking so far.

958467776_Screenshot2020-12-09at09_38_57.thumb.png.c19cb3df5192f20160baa81dab87f95f.png

3 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

I have managed to get the background colour for the home and away teams to display their team colours but I can't seem to get the text to display the team secondary colour. When you use the secondary option for the team name it changes it to the secondary colour for the competition instead of the team. This is how its looking so far.

958467776_Screenshot2020-12-09at09_38_57.thumb.png.c19cb3df5192f20160baa81dab87f95f.png

We have been fighting to get a fix for this for over a week, but no one can figure it out....very frustrating......some of the great skinners have given up on it......I can't believe there isn't a way to fix this.........you have to decide if you want the the correct team colors with the 6-letter name (which looks like an eye chart in most cases) or the full team name with the wrong text color.

5 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

how do u get the background colour for the home and away teams to display their team colours

1 hour ago, Jeffs72 said:

how do u get the background colour for the home and away teams to display their team colours

You have to edit the paper files in graphics/boxes/custom/match/tv captions/si tv/score/home team to be all blue and then that will display the team colours. Also you need to edit the same files in the away team folder too

16 minutes ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

You have to edit the paper files in graphics/boxes/custom/match/tv captions/si tv/score/home team to be all blue and then that will display the team colours. Also you need to edit the same files in the away team folder too

...and Jeffs72....to help a little more, here's a screen shot of where you can find it in your skins graphics folder.......I found a blue wallpaper online and matched the size of it to the red paper already in this folder.....voila !....actually just added a copy of blue paper below

But we still need to resolve the colored text with the long team name issue

paper for scoreboard boxes.png

blue paper.png

Edited by Onyewu

40 minutes ago, Onyewu said:

...and Jeffs72....to help a little more, here's a screen shot of where you can find it in your skins graphics folder.......I found a blue wallpaper online and matched the size of it to the red paper already in this folder.....voila !....actually just added a copy of blue paper below

But we still need to resolve the colored text with the long team name issue

blue paper.png

ok thanks ill take a look 2moz

On 08/12/2020 at 15:22, Onyewu said:

If that's not possible, is there a way to have a white backdrop with dark team text colour?

This is how I have mine on FM17..  Its clear and concise, which is the most important thing imo.

image.png.46947e4cef2b754a1c2f4386bbbd47d7.png

I haven't bought FM21 yet, so can't test it.

On 09/12/2020 at 01:20, Jas80 said:

<!--home team name-->
</widget>

<!--away team name--> 
</widget>

On 09/12/2020 at 11:19, Jas80 said:

Copy these files from the installation directory of FM21 to another location, then extract with Resource Archiver:

fmf.png.dda55708bd5d3a1ca5333ed8b38d48e0.png

Thanks mate. I've extracted the original match score area panel.xml, but there's nowhere inside a widget class "team_button" or anything similar to replace the code with... 

24 minuti fa, Haiku ha scritto:

Thanks mate. I've extracted the original match score area panel.xml, but there's nowhere inside a widget class "team_button" or anything similar to replace the code with... 

Line 91:

Replace
<widget class="text_button" id="T1nm" font="title" size="9.5" alignment="centre" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black"/>

with

</widget>

Line 132:

Replace
<widget class="text_button" id="T2nm" font="title" size="9.5" alignment="centre" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black" multiline="true"/>

with

</widget>

3 hours ago, Jas80 said:

Line 91:

Replace
<widget class="text_button" id="T1nm" font="title" size="9.5" alignment="centre" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black"/>

with

</widget>

Line 132:

Replace
<widget class="text_button" id="T2nm" font="title" size="9.5" alignment="centre" click_event="htac" navigation_focus_target="false" colour="black" multiline="true"/>

with

<record id="object_property" get_property="away" set_property="valu" />is
</widget>

Thanks for this. I think it looks a lot better with the full names.

Untitled2.png.1a030879179f2de9c98237cea5d34035.png

Untitled.png.ace1f1407f7db6800acf61b2b1891d10.png

I had to adjust the width of the panels otherwise I had the full names squished into the 6 letter boxes (below). Also went with just centre alignment for team names.

Untitled3.png.9f7d6301d2e25ff9a0e0a3ce84241478.png

Edited by Mikal

8 minutos atrás, keysi disse:

I only adjusted the width of the bar/widgets, allowed logos and made the result background black to not have purple bg accent here. Maybe I will adjust it somehow in the future but this is already much better. @Jas80 deserves all the credit :applause:

match score area panel.xml 6 kB · 2 downloads

That scorebar looks great, thanks for sharing it! Already using it.

Would you mind teaching how to play around with the logos to make them a bit bigger?

Edited by lugui

1 hour ago, lugui said:

That scorebar looks great, thanks for sharing it! Already using it.

Would you mind teaching how to play around with the logos to make them a bit bigger?

I allowed the icons (logos) just with true/false in the code shared above.

obrazek.thumb.png.0ee795100d0a7a2e10c96c383c91a7b4.png

You would probably have to insert the whole widget for the home/away logo to be able to adjust the logo size.

5 minutos atrás, keysi disse:

I allowed the icons (logos) just with true/false in the code shared above.

obrazek.thumb.png.0ee795100d0a7a2e10c96c383c91a7b4.png

You would probably have to insert the whole widget for the home/away logo to be able to adjust the logo size.

Thank you, I will try to mess around and see what comes out.

5 hours ago, keysi said:

I only adjusted the width of the bar/widgets, allowed logos and made the result background black to not have purple bg accent here. Maybe I will adjust it somehow in the future but this is already much better. @Jas80 deserves all the credit :applause:

match score area panel.xml 6.57 kB · 19 downloads

That looks fantastic. What graphic changes did you have to make? Is it as simple as changing the blue background image a few posts up, to black and then just put your panel in the right place and it will work, or do I need to do anything else?

8 hours ago, Watson156 said:

That looks fantastic. What graphic changes did you have to make? Is it as simple as changing the blue background image a few posts up, to black and then just put your panel in the right place and it will work, or do I need to do anything else?

Nothing has to be edited in terms of graphic, at least the basic stuff like this.

just find the line 99 in the 'match score are panel.xml' and change the red_replacement="bg". Black instead of "bg", or you can insert other colour or "bg accent" to have it back purple. If you would insert white colour, you would have to change the scoreline text colour to black or some darker than white.

obrazek.png.dceb7cba093725d4db8144d931497fae.png

I went with "bg" in the end as it fits better with the rest (mainly is the same as the box with the time) after I turned the recoloured match title bar off. So it looks like this.

obrazek.png.44287fd23b1f1b9ef918caba25ca63c3.png

21 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

Could you tell us how you managed to put the kit-colour signs next to the result? Or maybe someone else knows which part of the xml-file is responsible for the position of these kit-colour-indicators?

There's no need to change xml to position the colour-indicators next to the result. What I did is to simply swap the content of away team and home team folders. But of course you can use photoshop to change paper and paper@2x images to your liking.

On 09/12/2020 at 18:39, Onyewu said:

blue paper.png

2 hours ago, Pointless said:

ss.thumb.png.f6078797ccc3996d07825fd6d7d81e2b.png

How do I change the color of the background?

Take a look at my post above from a few days ago......you'll need to change the paper file to blue from red as instructed.

Then, in the "match title bar" panel, make the following change in the very first line:  FROM: <panel colour_team_names="false" colour_team_scores="false">.....................TO THIS: <panel colour_team_names="true" colour_team_scores="false">

Basically change the colour_team_names from false to true

The problem that has not been solved is the text color when using the full team name........I'm not going to get into this again as it's ridiculous there's no way to make it the team secondary color.........I've made my statements in posts above. Presently I manually change the color of the text in the file before each game (although only about 10 basic colours are available).

39 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

@Haiku @Jas80 or @keysi could you share your .xml to have something like:

2114e714f3c1b0f1dd4a7bdcd207086f.png basically this with either only logo or only name

Sure here it is mine. Don't forget to swap the graphics folders if you want the color stripes on the side of the score (explained in my previous post).

match score area panel.xml

9 saat önce, Haiku said:

Sure here it is mine. Don't forget to swap the graphics folders if you want the color stripes on the side of the score (explained in my previous post).

match score area panel.xml 6 kB · 9 downloads

Did you make the files in the graphics transparent for the background of this place?

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.71a5c87389effb8baa2674e9ee509b6f.png

As an extra, there is a slight gap to the left of the away team, how can I get it to the left

9 minuti fa, Wells ha scritto:

Messed around with the match score area panel today, first thing I noticed is we can't somehow use secondary colour for the team name, not sure why.

But in the end I came up with this plus using the full team names, much better than abbreviated names :)

t650Yv8.png

RRq3D3j.png

k6iPYMa.png

Xaluo0P.png

Excuse me @Wells, what kind of font do you use for the match score area?

16 minutes ago, Wells said:

Messed around with the match score area panel today, first thing I noticed is we can't somehow use secondary colour for the team name, not sure why.

But in the end I came up with this plus using the full team names, much better than abbreviated names :)

t650Yv8.png

RRq3D3j.png

k6iPYMa.png

Xaluo0P.png

@WellsCould you share the files you made for those?  They look great!

1 hour ago, Wells said:

t650Yv8.png

RRq3D3j.png

k6iPYMa.png

Xaluo0P.png

Lovely!

2 hours ago, Wells said:

t650Yv8.png

RRq3D3j.png

k6iPYMa.png

Xaluo0P.png

any chance of a share please