cant get u-23 team in fm 21 pls help

hi i have a save with York i m in 2030 and i ve already been promoted to premier league but i still dont have a u-23 team.in fm 20 there is an option to ask board for u-23(reserve) team but in fm 21 there is no option to ask for it.i already upgraded my facilities i have excellent youth facilities and my team is youth level 1.Promoting youth players is what i play this game for can u pls help me ?

• 2 weeks later...

The option should be there if the board thinks it's remotely possible. I've had one created before, but not before I reached the PL with my team.

2 hours ago, shevigol said:

You should be glad about this since we currently have a bug that causes players to be stuck in b-teams forever once moved there.

There is a known work-around for that currently. Just put the player into the U18s/U19s/or any other squad and then you can move him to the main squad without issue.

11 hours ago, XaW said:

The option should be there if the board thinks it's remotely possible. I've had one created before, but not before I reached the PL with my team.

There is a known work-around for that currently. Just put the player into the U18s/U19s/or any other squad and then you can move him to the main squad without issue.

Still a very serious issue if you don’t have a u18/u19 team. Like for instance in the MLS

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, rickygfc said:

Has this been fixed, started a new game with Man Utd and there in no Under 23 or Under 18 in the sidebar?

Check under development centre, Man Utd definitely have both on a new start unless you are using some custom database 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how long this feature has been there, but.... Go to Finances screen, then to Make Board Request, Under Networking this option appeared to 'request an U23/Reserve team'. Tried in League 1 and was refused, got promoted to the Championship and had been forced to sell some top players, so had good finances and request was accepted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/02/2021 at 03:51, Wade_F said:

I don't know how long this feature has been there, but.... Go to Finances screen, then to Make Board Request, Under Networking this option appeared to 'request an U23/Reserve team'. Tried in League 1 and was refused, got promoted to the Championship and had been forced to sell some top players, so had good finances and request was accepted.

Unfortuntely this is simply another screen that has the "make board request" button, this same button is also on the club vision page. This does not however fix the issue if the option for request an U23/reserve team is not there =[. Good to know that it should be under the Networking requests though, but yeah still not there... 

Im currently in League 2 and am doing a home grown/youth development save with AFC Telford, just got promoted with plenty of cash £1.5M in the bank and they have just given me a £1M in transfer funds so it would be nice to have an u23 team for the players i have got in that are not quite first team but over 18 now.

If there has been any developments in regards to what is needed to request a u23 team, whether its a certain youth level, promotion to a certain league, if professional/semi pro status has any relevance etc i would love to know thanks.

If it’s anything like fm20 I wouldn’t even bother, I got an u23 team created on 2 or 3 saves and they never got an invite to play in the league, just played friendlies every season and awful for player development with 0 competitive matches. Hoping it’s fixed for 21 when I start my Hartlepool save with the last update.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Is it neccesary to start a new game to be able to ask for U23 team? 

I'm in 2028 in my current game and I can't even ask for the reserve team. Are there any requirements needed to met to unlock this request?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2020 at 08:16, allofyourtears said:

hi i have a save with York i m in 2030 and i ve already been promoted to premier league but i still dont have a u-23 team.in fm 20 there is an option to ask board for u-23(reserve) team but in fm 21 there is no option to ask for it.i already upgraded my facilities i have excellent youth facilities and my team is youth level 1.Promoting youth players is what i play this game for can u pls help me ?

Same Issue ...currently managing a team I created from non league to premier league .I have an under 18 team still in the same league 3 south east division . All the facilities are excellent . But I have yet to have an invitation for my under 23s to play in the league format . I keep players fit by loaning or friendlies . Have you had any updates ? We invest a lot of hours for realism !!!

12 minutes ago, Drew72 said:

Same Issue ...currently managing a team I created from non league to premier league .I have an under 18 team still in the same league 3 south east division . All the facilities are excellent . But I have yet to have an invitation for my under 23s to play in the league format . I keep players fit by loaning or friendlies . Have you had any updates ? We invest a lot of hours for realism !!!

What youth level do you have? The invites are based on youth level where 1 is the highest. Current teams are also prioritised, so you need to wait for someone else to withdraw as well. In FM20 I had level 1 for 5 or 6 season in the PL before my U23s got invited to the league.

16 hours ago, XaW said:

What youth level do you have? The invites are based on youth level where 1 is the highest. Current teams are also prioritised, so you need to wait for someone else to withdraw as well. In FM20 I had level 1 for 5 or 6 season in the PL before my U23s got invited to the league.

Currently Youth level 4

6 minutes ago, Drew72 said:

Currently Youth level 4

Then you are very unlikely to get them into a league. If you improve it to 1 it will give you the best chance for them to join.

4 hours ago, XaW said:

Then you are very unlikely to get them into a league. If you improve it to 1 it will give you the best chance for them to join.

How do i get my under 18s promoted from Division 3 South-East ? The continually win the league 

1 minute ago, Drew72 said:

How do i get my under 18s promoted from Division 3 South-East ? The continually win the league 

The same way, ie increasing youth level. The youth leagues are based on youth level in England.