MacBook Air M1 2020 with FM21

1 hour ago, ClaudiuS said:

Hello,

Is there someone who can help me understand why my game won't open on Mac M1 2020? For example, fm20 is opening and working. fm21 after I click play (steam) load for 5sec with message running and that's all.

Try to follow these steps and if it doesn't help, then report a ticket as it says in the link:

https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015206897-I-ve-encountered-a-crash-dump-nothing-happening-or-an-error-message-when-launching-the-game#text

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, sagill said:

Hello, may I check if FM 2021/FM 2022 is playable on the new Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro chip? I want to check before I  purchase Macbook pro. Thanks!

It will be fine. 

Just to advise that it's very expensive and you could go to the Mac book air for about half the price albeit a 13 inch screen.

Or you could go for a 14 or 15inch PC laptop for about half the price and a similar performance.

Macs are nice but at starting at £1.8k is a lot to spend to play fm when you can get the same experience or similar for half that.

Best of luck if you do get it - it's a beast of machine, with a price that matches.

1 minute ago, Smurf said:

It will be fine. 

Just to advise that it's very expensive and you could go to the Mac book air for about half the price albeit a 13 inch screen.

Or you could go for a 14 or 15inch PC laptop for about half the price and a similar performance.

Macs are nice but at starting at £1.8k is a lot to spend to play fm when you can get the same experience or similar for half that.

Best of luck if you do get it - it's a beast of machine, with a price that matches.

Thanks @Smurf . Do you think Razer: https://www.razer.com/sg-en/gaming-laptops/Razer-Blade-Stealth-13/RZ09-03272E12-R341 is good for FM performance?

6 minutes ago, sagill said:

Thanks @Smurf . Do you think Razer: https://www.razer.com/sg-en/gaming-laptops/Razer-Blade-Stealth-13/RZ09-03272E12-R341 is good for FM performance?

Horrendous price. 

Are you buying in the US?

As I've often said - the Macbook Air 13 inch (like the Razer is 13inch) - the Macbook Air is best performance vs price on the market the moment.

I've rechecked the price of the 14 inch M1 Macbook Pro. - the 8 Core version is good value for money - and it would be better than the Razer.

I've looked at similar 14 inch models - and Mac are killing it in 13inch and 14 inch.

However, I think that breaks around the 14 inch 10 core version.

Interesting.

23 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Horrendous price. 

Are you buying in the US?

As I've often said - the Macbook Air 13 inch (like the Razer is 13inch) - the Macbook Air is best performance vs price on the market the moment.

I've rechecked the price of the 14 inch M1 Macbook Pro. - the 8 Core version is good value for money - and it would be better than the Razer.

I've looked at similar 14 inch models - and Mac are killing it in 13inch and 14 inch.

However, I think that breaks around the 14 inch 10 core version.

Interesting.

I have been using Macbook all the while cause I do other video editing stuff on it as well. The only game I play is Football Manager series and it worked well on my old Macbook Pro. Just that, the new MBP got M1 chip, just want to be sure if FM 2022 works.  

3 minutes ago, sagill said:

I have been using Macbook all the while cause I do other video editing stuff on it as well. The only game I play is Football Manager series and it worked well on my old Macbook Pro. Just that, the new MBP got M1 chip, just want to be sure if FM 2022 works.  

Yes, it works fine. 

If that's what you do - the 14 inch is a great machine - albeit the other version of the 14 inch is a crazy price. But if that's what you need then go for it.

On 03/11/2021 at 05:44, sagill said:

Hello, may I check if FM 2021/FM 2022 is playable on the new Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro chip? I want to check before I  purchase Macbook pro. Thanks!

FM22 Beta Runs extremely quick. Match 3D engine hits 85minimum - 120FPS on ‘Very High’ settings. Average 110

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GIBXO said:

Hi, new here. 

Was just wondering if anybody knows how many leagues can you run on the basic MacBook Air M1 2020? & can it withstand a large database?. 

looking at purchasing one.

Ta

You can run all the leagues on pretty much every machine, just that the CPU power dictates how fast it'll do it.

The M1 based Macbook Air is a very capable machine and will be able to handle an intensive setup as well as other higher end laptops.  It's up to you how acceptable you find the speed.