Disable First window transfer activity!

Im just wondering why this feature is implemented in its current form. Basically if you choose to disable the first window when you join the club you will have £0 transfer budget. Let's use Napoli as an example in the current version. With the first window activated you start with £15,900,720 transfer budget and a wage budget of £2,161,375 p/w the clubs overall bank balance is £33,119,896. However if you disable the first transfer window activity you have exactly the same wage budget and exactly the same bank balance but you lose the nearly £16m transfer budget. That money could be used to bump the wage budget up and sign some of your players to longer term deals. So why not give us the option of not signing any players but keeping the money? There has been several times I have started a save but wanted to keep the teams as realistic as possible at the start only to struggle to keep hold of my key players because the wage budget is usually maxed out upon starting a save and the game has removed my transfer budget.

Edited by WilsonJuve

12 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

There has been several times I have started a save but wanted to keep the teams as realistic as possible at the start only to struggle to keep hold of my key players

Free up wages by selling other players. 

hace 18 horas, WilsonJuve dijo:

Im just wondering why this feature is implemented in its current form. Basically if you choose to disable the first window when you join the club you will have £0 transfer budget. Let's use Napoli as an example in the current version. With the first window activated you start with £15,900,720 transfer budget and a wage budget of £2,161,375 p/w the clubs overall bank balance is £33,119,896. However if you disable the first transfer window activity you have exactly the same wage budget and exactly the same bank balance but you lose the nearly £16m transfer budget. That money could be used to bump the wage budget up and sign some of your players to longer term deals. So why not give us the option of not signing any players but keeping the money? There has been several times I have started a save but wanted to keep the teams as realistic as possible at the start only to struggle to keep hold of my key players because the wage budget is usually maxed out upon starting a save and the game has removed my transfer budget.

So basically you want every team to have inflated wage budgets for the first season. Doesn't make sense at all.

If you need more wage budget, ask for the board to increase it. With 33mn in the bank, they may say yes. If they say no, then tough luck. 

2 minutes ago, TokyoWanderer said:

So basically you want every team to have inflated wage budgets for the first season. Doesn't make sense at all.

If you need more wage budget, ask for the board to increase it. With 33mn in the bank, they may say yes. If they say no, then tough luck. 

No not at all what I’m saying is if there is a transfer budget of £15m when I have the transfer window activated I would like the same £15m when I don’t have it activated. For various uses including wages. And as Bayern Munich have shown in real life clubs can still agree deals out of the window. See Upamecano announced after the window had closed. Bernardo Silva was similar on his move to Man City. Also as I stated when you first join a club on football manager 99% of the time the wage budget is maxed out at small/medium clubs. Also a lot of contracts expire first season or young prospects in Spain have low release clauses. With no wage budget to offer them you risk losing them on a free. And you said ask the board. If your a new manager with no experience they never accept that request when you first join. So you will most likely lose them. If you had the transfer funds you otherwise would have you could balance the books. 

1 minute ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Yea I don’t think the game have 100% correct transfer budgets for teams. Not having that money when you select to disable transfers window simulates that money already being spent on the players brought in from the real transfer window.

SI have already said the transfer budgets with it activated are to reflect what clubs may have spent in real life

hace 2 horas, WilsonJuve dijo:

No not at all what I’m saying is if there is a transfer budget of £15m when I have the transfer window activated I would like the same £15m when I don’t have it activated. For various uses including wages. And as Bayern Munich have shown in real life clubs can still agree deals out of the window. See Upamecano announced after the window had closed. Bernardo Silva was similar on his move to Man City. Also as I stated when you first join a club on football manager 99% of the time the wage budget is maxed out at small/medium clubs. Also a lot of contracts expire first season or young prospects in Spain have low release clauses. With no wage budget to offer them you risk losing them on a free. And you said ask the board. If your a new manager with no experience they never accept that request when you first join. So you will most likely lose them. If you had the transfer funds you otherwise would have you could balance the books. 

If every team is given a transfer budget it can't spend, then every team has that money to put into the wage budget, then every team will have an inflated wage budget in the first season. I'm not saying things work perfectly as they are now, but your solution is not a good one. 

If you want to give new contracts to young players, you can still do it even if your budget is used up. You can offer contracts that start the following season, for example. The players you want to let go at the end of the year should be set for release, and that way they won't count towards your future budget. Finally, going a little over the wage budget is possible as well. 

9 minutes ago, TokyoWanderer said:

If every team is given a transfer budget it can't spend, then every team has that money to put into the wage budget, then every team will have an inflated wage budget in the first season. I'm not saying things work perfectly as they are now, but your solution is not a good one. 

If you want to give new contracts to young players, you can still do it even if your budget is used up. You can offer contracts that start the following season, for example. The players you want to let go at the end of the year should be set for release, and that way they won't count towards your future budget. Finally, going a little over the wage budget is possible as well. 

Again I don't think your quite getting it this scenario only happens at the start of a save, You finish the first season with Man City for example win the lot. The board throw £150m in the transfer budget due to the sugar daddy owner. All summer you decide not to spend a penny. Does the board take it all and leave you with £0 until January? No it stays in your account exactly like I believe it should in my situation. Every other team who does not spend all there budget also keeps this money in the transfer budget and these teams do not end up with inflated wage budgets like you said.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb WilsonJuve:

Again I don't think your quite getting it this scenario only happens at the start of a save, You finish the first season with Man City for example win the lot. The board throw £150m in the transfer budget due to the sugar daddy owner. All summer you decide not to spend a penny. Does the board take it all and leave you with £0 until January? No it stays in your account exactly like I believe it should in my situation. Every other team who does not spend all there budget also keeps this money in the transfer budget and these teams do not end up with inflated wage budgets like you said.

Transfer budget is not linked to your bank account. You can have 0 on your balance, but 50m transfer budget. There is the same amount of money in the game, no matter if you play with first transfer-window enabled or not.

Cheers

22 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

I understand what you are saying - if we turn the window off, the game acts as if budgets have been spent when they haven't but overall balance is the same regardless. So if there is no budget, the budget amount should no longer be in the balance. 

2 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

Transfer budget is not linked to your bank account. You can have 0 on your balance, but 50m transfer budget. There is the same amount of money in the game, no matter if you play with first transfer-window enabled or not.

Cheers

So if I have a balance of £2m and spend £1m on a player, my balance doesn't change?

Can't remember the last time I spent a transfer fee so genuinely can't recall - but surely the balance decreases?

vor 1 Minute schrieb Junkhead:

So if I have a balance of £2m and spend £1m on a player, my balance doesn't change?

Can't remember the last time I spent a transfer fee so genuinely can't recall - but surely the balance decreases?

of course it does change^^ 

@Daveincid Yeah I think this is the point the OP is making. If the money isn't in the budget then it shouldn't be in the balance either if the game is acting as if the budget has been spent.

My confusion was genuine by the way, I so rarely have a budget at all. Like that time I didn't have an analyst and couldn't find a screen you were directing me too :lol:

10 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Yeah, what Dave said is correct, but you can go into negative balance. And that could be perfectly fine if the board allows it because it expect to get in money soon enough. Sort of like debt is not bad in the real world, as long as you can manage it.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Yeah, what Dave said is correct, but you can go into negative balance. And that could be perfectly fine if the board allows it because it expect to get in money soon enough. Sort of like debt is not bad in the real world, as long as you can manage it.

Yeah, I get that - me and negative balance know each other well. I think I misunderstood what Dave was saying.

@WilsonJuve is saying (I think) that either the budget should be gone from balance as if spent, or that it should still be in budget just with the window shut to be used to balance with wages or plan the next window. I don't disagree. 

@JunkheadYeah that’s what I’m saying. Like I said it’s like the season after if yourself or AI don’t spend your budget for the new season in the transfer window it doesn’t immediately go to £0 it’s only at the start. 

Edited by WilsonJuve

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Junkhead:

me and negative balance know each other well.

lol

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Junkhead:

@WilsonJuve is saying (I think) that either the budget should be gone from balance as if spent, or that it should still be in budget just with the window shut to be used to balance with wages or plan the next window. I don't disagree. 

It's like making a photo at the start of the game. At this moment, in reality, all transfers are made, all salarys are paid, so it does make sense that both should be zero. Even after a couple months in your save, you will mostly have a budget again, especially for big teams, the board is pretty generous in this regard. So you are able to look for players even before the winter-transfer-window.

Edited by Daveincid