Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

Any fix for the various game-breaking (for some) bugs yet? I haven't played this since before Christmas after the update screwed up stats massively. Hoping to play this weekend.

If a 'fix' is released, SI will announce it. They don't tend to do before that. Based on history, we have the xx.3 update coming up after January, but as said, they don't announce fixes before they're released, normally speaking.

9 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

If a 'fix' is released, SI will announce it. They don't tend to do before that. Based on history, we have the xx.3 update coming up after January, but as said, they don't announce fixes before they're released, normally speaking.

Has the issue been acknowledged at all do you know? If nothing is going to be fixed until after January I will probably just get it refunded as for me it isn't playable in current state. Then can look to re-buy when a) cheaper and b) in working condition.

37 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

¿Se ha reconocido el problema? Si no se va a arreglar nada hasta después de enero, probablemente lo reembolsaré, ya que para mí no se puede reproducir en el estado actual. Entonces puede volver a comprar cuando a) sea más barato yb) esté en condiciones de funcionamiento.

Have you played more than two hours? If so, it cannot be refunded, I think. If you know how to refund please tell me. I am very furious with this game

Edited by Costanino Hummels

3 minutes ago, Costanino Hummels said:

Have you played more than two hours? If so, it cannot be reimbursed, I think. If you know how to refund please tell me. I am very furious with this game

Well yeah I have obviously but they've broken the game midway through it's lifespan. Like buying a car that the dealer knows is going to break down after 2 miles with something in the warranty that says you can't complain if you drive more than 2 miles. Ludicrous reasoning, all we want is acknowledgement that it is being dealt with and won't be sorted in a patch months down the line.

4 minutes ago, Costanino Hummels said:

I just took a look at the bug forum and it's honestly a grim picture.

I have been registered in this forum for a year and I notice that the atmosphere is always negative. Consumers complaining about a product they sell as brilliant and when you try it you realize how out of order it is.

We are not talking about a game that you can optimize over the years. We pay year after year for them to sell us a buggy product again.

and honestly i'm tired of this

Try being around here for the last 10!

31 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

¡Intenta estar aquí durante los últimos 10!

Realmente disfruté el fm15 y el fm 16. El fm19 fue bastante fácil para mí. El año pasado, la IA funcionó relativamente bien, pero el motor de partidos fue un desastre (repetitivo y tedioso) a de los múltiples parches.

Solo esperaba que este año el ME se puliera y la IA se dejara como estaba. They have destroyed the immersion, the challenge of having to manage a team all because now I can score more beautiful goals (I also want this but if the AI is broken I AM BORED). The latter has a lot to do with the launch of the game to XBOX

I have always considered this game as an adult.

Es el último año que jugaré este juego. Se lo dejo a los aficionados incondicionales que se contentan con ganar la Champions League con el equipo de su ciudad natal en su cuarta temporada.

Is this normal in a football match? My BPD was the worst of the match and I decided to look at the individual statistics to understand why

He basically did not participate in the game, even using Play Out Of Defense and be one of the best players on the team

image.png.a09554f5da5785b78d006123f0706f3c.png

Same situation, now with a defender from the opposing team

image.png.c4e06042cb0bf79aa29f23c83f24dad4.png

Edited by Nick_CB

29 minutes ago, Guffi182 said:

So yeah, the Board is no happy the transfer of my young norwegian goalmachine. Despite him scoring 36 goals in 36 matches. 

image.thumb.png.4bbab26d6fc85a469600ee52e56ac715.png

I don't know what the transfer Budget of your team is but 5.5M seems hefty if is low, they probably think you could get someone to do the same for a lot less. I personally never paid that kind of money while navigating through the leagues until I get to a Power 5 and I got 20+ Million to spend.

Edited by Sharkn20

On 05/01/2021 at 08:28, Sharkn20 said:

I completely disagree with your assumption.

The game is too easy.

You can push the random elements towards one side or the other with ease, You just need to know what strings to pull and when. Very rarely pulling those strings takes no effect and you lose regardless.

Then provide evidence of the game being to easy instead of posting one season wonders.

My current League campaign against Celtic, would you say this is easy? Different scenario or situation the league could look all so different in favour of Rangers or Celtic, everything is situational in Football Manager. How about you post some concrete evidence of continued unchallenged success with unfancied teams then i might take you seriously.

Screenshot (8).png

43 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Then provide evidence of the game being to easy instead of posting one season wonders.

My current League campaign against Celtic, would you say this is easy? Different scenario or situation the league could look all so different in favour of Rangers or Celtic, everything is situational in Football Manager. How about you post some concrete evidence of continued unchallenged success with unfancied teams then i might take you seriously.

Screenshot (8).png

I care 0 about how seriously you take me if am honest.

If you tell me winning 23 games, drawing 1 and losing 1 is not easy, then I got nothing else to discuss, with You.

When you become a Champions league champion in 4 more seasons. Then you might fall from your precious horse and realise that the game is too easy.

Take care.

11 minutes ago, ottey_swe said:

Draxler is listed for 2.4m. I agree a pre contract with him for a free in the summer. Now PSG want 4.3m to let him go immediately. Still listed for 2.4m. What's up with that?

20201208070725_1.jpg

20201208070731_1.jpg

His contract expires at the end of the season. If you want to get him a bit early, in January, you have got to pay money because he is still Psg player. And money you agreed the deal with him is probably signing on bonus.

Hace 1 hora, iAlwaysWin dijo:

Luego, proporcione evidencia de que el juego fue demasiado fácil en lugar de publicar maravillas de una temporada.

Mi actual campaña de Liga contra el Celtic, ¿diría que es fácil? Diferente escenario o situación, la liga podría verse tan diferente a favor de Rangers o Celtic, todo es situacional en Football Manager. ¿Qué tal si publica alguna evidencia concreta de un éxito continuo sin oposición con equipos que no le gustan? Entonces podría tomarlo en serio.

Captura de pantalla (8) .png

Creo que la liga escocesa es el peor ejemplo para determinar si el juego es fácil o no. Una liga donde solo hay dos equipos que pueden ganarla y uno de ellos es el que gestionas. have you really enjoyed competing against celtic? Wow what a challenge!!!

Por no hablar de la diferencia de puntos entre el segundo y el tercero. Y bueno si vamos a ver las estadísticas de competencia que se muestran en pantalla, bueno, mejor ni hablar

13 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

Is this normal in a football match? My BPD was the worst of the match and I decided to look at the individual statistics to understand why

He basically did not participate in the game, even using Play Out Of Defense and be one of the best players on the team

image.png.a09554f5da5785b78d006123f0706f3c.png

Same situation, now with a defender from the opposing team

image.png.c4e06042cb0bf79aa29f23c83f24dad4.png

Thats because the flagged goalkeeper ignoring instructions issue has been ignored.

8 minutes ago, ViG1980 said:

SI just loves more clicks - never mind the game, they've added more clicks just to get to this forum apparently.

Maye it easy on yourself and bookmark this page ;) or the one you want to land on, that's what I did.

2 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

I care 0 about how seriously you take me if am honest.

If you tell me winning 23 games, drawing 1 and losing 1 is not easy, then I got nothing else to discuss, with You.

When you become a Champions league champion in 4 more seasons. Then you might fall from your precious horse and realise that the game is too easy.

Take care.

You clearly haven't read my post correctly, as you can see the Ai has matched my form game for game.

Guess real life is easy as well, but quite the opposite for Celtic's form this season in real life, which is why football in FM and real life is completely situational.

Screenshot (9).png

2 hours ago, CM said:

His contract expires at the end of the season. If you want to get him a bit early, in January, you have got to pay money because he is still Psg player. And money you agreed the deal with him is probably signing on bonus.

Ok, so the signing bonus is 4.3m - 2.4m = 1.9m? Why would PSG be demanding that money?

Edited by ottey_swe

3 minutes ago, ottey_swe said:

Ok, so the signing bonus is 4.3m - 2.4m = 1.9m?

They want to sell half of the price in January to you but asking price lower than that. There is something a bit strange in there. Might well be a bug.

Edited by CM

Hace 13 minutos, iAlwaysWin dijo:

Claramente no has leído mi publicación correctamente, como puedes ver que Ai ha emparejado mi forma juego por juego.

Supongo que la vida real también es fácil, pero todo lo contrario para la forma del Celtic esta temporada en la vida real, por lo que el fútbol en FM y la vida real es completamente situacional.

Captura de pantalla (9) .png

I understand what you mean. But the normal thing is that celtic and rangers are fighting for the league just like real madrid and barcelona. Yes, this year it seems that Celtic is weaker as it happens to Barcelona. But the normal thing is that celtic and rangers are at the top fighting for the title. I refer to my previous message.

I don't think talking about a Celtic vs Ranger rivalry is the best example to talk about the difficulty of the game and the challenges it poses.

We are talking about managing very humble teams and reaching the top in a very short time

Hace 1 hora, Costanino Hummels dijo:

Creo que la liga escocesa es el peor ejemplo para determinar si el juego es fácil o no. Una liga donde solo hay dos equipos que pueden ganarla y uno de ellos es el que gestionas. ¿realmente has disfrutado compitiendo contra el celta? ¡¡¡Qué desafío !!!

Por no hablar de la diferencia de puntos entre el segundo y el tercero. Y bueno si vamos a ver las estadísticas de competencia que se muestran en pantalla, bueno, mejor ni hablar

4 minutes ago, CM said:

They want to sell half of the price in January to you but asking price lower than that. There is something a bit strange in there. Might well be a bug.

Yeah, I don't understand why PSG would be demanding the money for the signing on bonus. They should just be demanding what he's listed for; 2.4m. It's not like we're rivals or anything. If we were rivals I'd understand why they'd demand more.. Maybe it's because we beat them in the CL-final 2020.. :lol:

Edited by ottey_swe

Hello fellow Managers. I have a question over general scouting assignment vs player scouting. Atm at lower league with only 3 scouts (7-9 JP attributes :( ) I am doing mainly manual scouting identified players ( player searched/recommended and clicked "get scout report") which are then showing up in the scout priorities. The scouts do not have any general assignments set up (e.g. nation or league) except for one to scout next opposition. If there would be though lets say scouting the league I am in (competition) would they generate the player reports ("watching matches") or they would be overwhelmed with the player assigned scouting? So one scout could do the same two effectively or he would only watch the "get scout report" player for the assignment period (2 week?) and not attend a match during that 2 week?

I would imagine that he does both simultaneously, although I am not sure if I should give him a general assignment if he has a pile of 100 players specifically to scout.

Do you have experience in how this could work? Want my scout setup as effective as I can and I wonder if 1 general+2 player scout or 3 all around would benefit more (faster scouting). Thanks for any advice!

the game is so stable and fast and the ME is very good at this moment in my opinion.

BUT

there is some major specific issues, like the israeli league numbers bug, and the MLS bugs, it take so long (already too long)  to fix this and this is so disappointing. i hope SI will fix this issues soon as possible because this is more important than general update.

5 hours ago, ViG1980 said:

SI just loves more clicks - never mind the game, they've added more clicks just to get to this forum apparently.

Yeah, and the ordering is different on mobile and on desktop...

That said, the UI changes for the Switch version are actually really good, when the few bugs are ironed out, it'll be a really pleasant experience, much better than the desktop one.

Wow, there were so many positives when the game launched, so I came here to see what's up and If I should consider buying the in the next month or two. I'm shocked to see how things have changed. I guess I'll pass this year as well. Tbf, I still enjoy FM 18 and I can always boot up 2020 that I got for free if I want to quit FM so I can focus on other things :D

I've been crying about the game being too easy for a long time. No one cares. Some people like to win every match with no effort and some people complain that the game is hard for them. What can I do? Nothing. Just don't buy and play the game I guess. I don't think this will change, it seems like this is what the SI team wants. An easy game that anyone can play. After all, the bulk of the money comes from the casual player. 

It's all good though. FM is not everything in life and there's always the older versions to get my fix and move on. One day things might improve, until then I'm focusing on other stuff. :) 

1 hour ago, Impacto said:

Vaya, hubo tantos aspectos positivos cuando se lanzó el juego, así que vine aquí para ver qué pasa y si debería considerar comprar el en el próximo mes o dos. Me sorprende ver cómo han cambiado las cosas. Supongo que pasaré este año también. Tbf, todavía disfruto FM 18 y siempre puedo arrancar 2020 que obtuve gratis si quiero salir de FM para poder concentrarme en otras cosas:RE

He estado llorando porque el juego es demasiado fácil durante mucho tiempo. A nadie le importa. A algunas personas les gusta ganar todos los partidos sin esfuerzo y otras se quejan de que el juego es difícil para ellos. ¿Que puedo hacer? Nada. Simplemente no compre y juegue el juego, supongo. No creo que esto cambie, parece que esto es lo que quiere el equipo de SI. Un juego fácil que cualquiera puede jugar. Después de todo, la mayor parte del dinero proviene del jugador ocasional. 

Aunque todo está bien. FM no lo es todo en la vida y siempre están las versiones anteriores para arreglarme y seguir adelante. Algún día las cosas podrían mejorar, hasta entonces me centraré en otras cosas.:) 

GREAT COMMENT <3

This is more of a general question and didn’t want to make a thread for it so I thought I would post in here.... my general question is when loading up a save... when u load up databases and then u go to select the countries... would the lower leagues in tha database still be in the game if u did not select them at the additional setup screen.. the reason why I ask is because I like to play lots of countries so I have their database selected at the database screen but I only tend to have 25-30 countries loaded but a lot of teams as view only.. so my question is if I say have a bunch of databases selected but not adding the country at the additional setup screen will those depth say level 8 Austria still be in the save if I don’t add them as a playable or as view only?

There are so many 32-33+ year old players, even transferred to new teams doing great. One great example is Ibra. In my POV, football changed a lot in this sense in comparison to 90s. However I feel like, in the game 32 and over fade so quickly. I feel like adapting this in the game can make it feel more realistic. 

Thank you for creating this masterpiece game for us.

Best

35 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

This is more of a general question and didn’t want to make a thread for it so I thought I would post in here.... my general question is when loading up a save... when u load up databases and then u go to select the countries... would the lower leagues in tha database still be in the game if u did not select them at the additional setup screen.. the reason why I ask is because I like to play lots of countries so I have their database selected at the database screen but I only tend to have 25-30 countries loaded but a lot of teams as view only.. so my question is if I say have a bunch of databases selected but not adding the country at the additional setup screen will those depth say level 8 Austria still be in the save if I don’t add them as a playable or as view only?

No

On 05/01/2021 at 17:57, Pav_Makarov said:

What's the point of even having dribble less TI if every player either runs to the byline to have another corner via blocked cross or just circles with the ball, waiting for oposition to come back and take their positions? What's the point of having "play out of defence" and GK instructions if those are ditched in favor of thumping the ball upfield? Let's just face it, since 19 (new tactic builder) ME has been inconsistently bad. What's the point of even having tactics builder if engine anyway plays out the same way?

That's rhetorical question

My players play out of defence and don't thump the ball upfield.

It must be your tactics.

33 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

My players play out of defence and don't thump the ball upfield.

It must be your tactics.

I would agree with you if I haven't played with same team before and after the update and if that wasn't the set-up I've been using for couple years already, difference is quite obvious to me. There is a disbalance in ME, not as big as in 20 but still it's there

On 05/01/2021 at 18:27, Obaaa said:

Has the issue been acknowledged at all do you know? If nothing is going to be fixed until after January I will probably just get it refunded as for me it isn't playable in current state. Then can look to re-buy when a) cheaper and b) in working condition.

Yo, can you elaborate on the issue. I was finally going to jump in but if the game is broken???

8 minutes ago, Samurai Cake said:

Yo, can you elaborate on the issue. I was finally going to jump in but if the game is broken???

Following some discussion in a different thread, I appreciate now that "broken" isn't the same for all and you might not feel it to be true. But if you are big on diving into the details of statistics and things like dynamics bother you then it might not be worth it. The issue isn't exactly one problem from what I have been lead to believe but essentially stats aren't registering in playable full detail leagues, low ratings are present across the board and seem to particularly affect defenders. This has a knock-on effect across the whole ecosystem of the game including morale, player value, press conference questions and more.

I am not going to sit here and tell you to buy, or not to buy, the game though. I am a sucker and I end up buying it every year. Never once been so put off starting a new save though due to the existing issues.

And just to add to this, I think the worst part, particularly for potential new buyers of the game, is we are just left guessing when a fix may or may not be on the horizon.

Edited by Obaaa

1 minute ago, Obaaa said:

Following some discussion in a different thread, I appreciate now that "broken" isn't the same for all and you might not feel it to be true. But if you are big on diving into the details of statistics and things like dynamics bother you then it might not be worth it. The issue isn't exactly one problem from what I have been lead to believe but essentially stats aren't registering in playable full detail leagues, low ratings are present across the board and seem to particularly affect defenders. This has a knock-on effect across the whole ecosystem of the game including morale, player value, press conference questions and more.

I am not going to sit here and tell you to buy, or not to buy, the game though. I am a sucker and I end up buying it every year. Never once been so put off starting a new save though due to the existing issues.

Thanks mate, I found another thread discussing this. I'll wait, or likely miss out this year again. As someone who had played on and off since champ man 3 and then really stopping after FM17. It's obvious and ever present that the game just goes through the same cycle and we're mostly mugs. Beta - Release (bugs/broken) >>Patch (Still bugs/broken) >XMAS Breaks and no one is around to fix it > Jan Patch, some fixes but still broken and then resources off to the next iteration to do the same thing again. 

4 hours ago, Obaaa said:

Después de una discusión en un hilo diferente, ahora aprecio que "roto" no es lo mismo para todos y es posible que no sienta que sea cierto. Pero si le gusta sumergirse en los detalles de las estadísticas y cosas como la dinámica le molestan, es posible que no valga la pena. El problema no es exactamente un problema de lo que me han hecho creer, pero esencialmente las estadísticas no se registran en ligas jugables con todos los detalles, las calificaciones bajas están presentes en todos los ámbitos y parecen afectar particularmente a los defensores. Esto tiene un efecto en cadena en todo el ecosistema del juego, incluida la moral, el valor del jugador, las preguntas de la conferencia de prensa y más.

Sin embargo, no me voy a sentar aquí y decirles que compren o no compren el juego. Soy un tonto y termino comprándolo todos los años. Sin embargo, nunca había sido tan desanimado comenzar un nuevo guardado debido a los problemas existentes.

Y solo para agregar a esto, creo que la peor parte, particularmente para los posibles nuevos compradores del juego, es que nos quedamos adivinando cuándo una solución puede o no estar en el horizonte.

I personally have decided not to get carried away by my emotions and next year I will not buy.

Either we stop getting excited about the release trailers and stop shopping in November or nothing will change here

This is sadly the first FM in many, many years that I just can't get into. The UI for me isn't good and intuitive. Also, I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they'd "trim" the game some and remove unneccessary features. "Gestures" is for me a low point in FM history.