Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

I sent my assistant to a press conference and he said he's open to discuss an offer for one of my best players, these doesn't make sense at all to an assman say in a press conference.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The pressing forward role needs to go IMO.

Pressing from the front line is such an important thing in the modern game, we shouldn't have to use a specific role to get it to feel consistent. In my experience no other striker role is as effective defensively as a Defensive Forward on support, regardless of instructions. Can't comment on the defend duty though, never used it. On an attack duty does it really do anything all that different from an advanced forward? Perhaps they are involved a little more, but like any other attack duty striker, they generally stick to the half way line pinned to the center backs.

There's a good opportunity there to replace it with the default role that a number of people have wanted over the years, call it the Center Forward or Central Forward or whatever. Keep "Gets Further Forward" locked on the attack duty if you must(please no "Move Into Channels"!), support duty with no instructions, and a defensive duty with "Hold Position". As long as the other forward roles can press well there's no real loss for me.

On 08/03/2021 at 09:28, Zoolok42 said:

Why is the youth intake preview so cryptic? Why can't it just state we have these players coming soon, and that's it? What is even the point of it, anyway?

Like, it says "We have two good forwards coming through", and then in the next line "We have one good Norwegian striker who has caught the eye". Is that Norwegian guy included in the two forwards? Why is it so vague?

Yeah, it's hilariously specific while still being vague enough to omit names. I like it because it's so ridiculous and yet does exactly what it's intended to do: Make me excited about the fact that we're getting new players. Also, every time they tell me it's a Golden generation I get a good laugh.

1 minute ago, Overmars said:

Yeah, it's hilariously specific while still being vague enough to omit names. I like it because it's so ridiculous and yet does exactly what it's intended to do: Make me excited about the fact that we're getting new players. Also, every time they tell me it's a Golden generation I get a good laugh.

It's essentially a hype-up preview for the game's only loot box, hopefully SI Games won't introduce micro payments to get a golden generation :D 

Also, I think that if you reload the youth intake day, you get different players every time (AI teams surely do), so I'm not even sure how reliable the preview is.

9 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

It's essentially a hype-up preview for the game's only loot box, hopefully SI Games won't introduce micro payments to get a golden generation :D 

Also, I think that if you reload the youth intake day, you get different players every time (AI teams surely do), so I'm not even sure how reliable the preview is.

The preview comes after the intake day date. The generated intake is very early in a season, then the preview, then the actual intake. The the reload date is before the preview

12 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

We should have the option to turn off VAR, what's the point in having it in-game if the outcome of the checking is always the same? No penalty, goal disallowed. 

I've had loads of penalties confirmed, very rarely taken away. So we experience something different then.

On 10/03/2021 at 06:47, LucasBR said:

I sent my assistant to a press conference and he said he's open to discuss an offer for one of my best players, these doesn't make sense at all to an assman say in a press conference.

I always pay attention to the presser preview before sending the assman, if it mentions a specific player or 'transfer policy' I attend it to make sure that scenario doesn't arise. It's a pain, but ya the last thing you want is the assman saying - ya sure I'm good with star midfielder going :idiot:

1 minute ago, CaptCanuck said:

I always pay attention to the presser preview before sending the assman, if it mentions a specific player or 'transfer policy' I attend it to make sure that scenario doesn't arise. It's a pain, but ya the last thing you want is the assman saying - ya sure I'm good with star midfielder going :idiot:

Yeah, I need to pay more attention to that, at least what is said during press conferences regarding transfers doesn't have much impact.

39 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

My favourite thing about this FM is watching my fullback take a throw in to their winger with none of my players within 10 yards of him, for that winger to then run the length of the pitch and square it across the box for a last min winner for the other side. Wouldn't mind if it was a one off, but these throw-ins happen 10 times a game and result in a goal like this every now and then. 

Throw in's on this iteration are an abomination.

50 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

My favourite thing about this FM is watching my fullback take a throw in to their winger with none of my players within 10 yards of him, for that winger to then run the length of the pitch and square it across the box for a last min winner for the other side. Wouldn't mind if it was a one off, but these throw-ins happen 10 times a game and result in a goal like this every now and then. 

I would really like - genuinely like, not taking the **** - to have an option to throw attacking zone throw ins out for a goal kick for the opposition. That would genuinely lead to better results for my team.

Maybe you can do it but I haven't looked hard enough. I'd also like to take short corners all day long the last 15 mins of a match when winning, to stop the 4 on 2 counters the opposition has off of them, regardless of how defensive I set them up.

I've complained about it since early december but average ratings are still my absolute enemy this year. Despite two patches and 3+ months they still seem off to me. My central midfielders can hardly sustain a decent average rating and often drop below 6.5 even in games they win. I found the more direct and quick I pay, the more the ratings go down.

This in turn has affected my player value and transfer interest. In previous years, I've never struggled to sell players and managed to play in an almost moneyball style. Signing players on the cheap, developing them and selling them on for profit but this year I just cant seem to sell my players for a good amount. Even after impressive individual and team performances, my players never seem to attract interest which I cant help but think is to do with the average rating.

We've been told that an above average rating is 6.8 so why cant the game reflect this better? Make it so as soon as players average 6.8 or above the indicator turns green like it does at the moment when it is above 7. Whilst only a small, visual element it would help identify quicker when players are performing above average.

Came back to this game after being completely bored with ebery AI side defaulting to 3-4-3 with a central front three as soon as they went behind, a system that is unbeatable with the ME flaws.

First 5 games back and every single match has gone to the tune of me taking the lead, opponents going with a central front 3, and them coming back to win as no matter what I do, they always have an overload by simply thumping the ball long and I'm outnumbered somehow. Even when I camped 5 defenders at the back and put everything to park the bus, they simply had to knock the ball over my defence to score.

So, so, boring.

9 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

I destroy that formation with a 433DM every single time.

Yup. Flat 5-4-1 is just a more conservative version (in theory anyway) of your 433DM.

As long as you commit a third defender (your DM/my Libero) to their strikers, you're good. I'd never in a million years play a 4-2-3-1 against a 4-4-2, for instance. I imagine some sort of messed up wide 5-2-3 with WBs and attacking wingers could work too, if you're into that sort of thing.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Came back to this game after being completely bored with ebery AI side defaulting to 3-4-3 with a central front three as soon as they went behind, a system that is unbeatable with the ME flaws.

First 5 games back and every single match has gone to the tune of me taking the lead, opponents going with a central front 3, and them coming back to win as no matter what I do, they always have an overload by simply thumping the ball long and I'm outnumbered somehow. Even when I camped 5 defenders at the back and put everything to park the bus, they simply had to knock the ball over my defence to score.

So, so, boring.

The AI has been doing this since FM20. If you are still having trouble against these AI changes, then I suggest you to review your game management and your tactics. Very often I do not need to change anything at all when my tactics are solid enough. And narrow formations like this are incredibly easy to counter in FM.

Faulty match engines? Stats not being recorded? It's frustrating but I can still enjoy the game.

But when I play the game I expect to be able to make substitutions properly, this is literally game-breaking and probably the worst thing i've experienced in any FM game, cmon now lmao.

image.thumb.png.bb8190c56145f339f2d8fbd9a41f7d89.png

image.thumb.png.aeeb90d890c136e0f2225abf6e58e284.png

1 hour ago, matteo.franchini87 said:

what's new about the update release? do additional databases need to be checked again by going from 21.3 to 21.4?

The 21.4 database will include the final transfers from the Chinese and Russian databases that closed after the European one

17 minutes ago, matteo.franchini87 said:

when will it be released?

Si doesn't announce updates, so it will be ready when they think it's ready.

14 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

I would really like - genuinely like, not taking the **** - to have an option to throw attacking zone throw ins out for a goal kick for the opposition. That would genuinely lead to better results for my team.

Maybe you can do it but I haven't looked hard enough. I'd also like to take short corners all day long the last 15 mins of a match when winning, to stop the 4 on 2 counters the opposition has off of them, regardless of how defensive I set them up.

You can set up corner instructions, and you can change them mid-match.  So the option is already there.

35 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Will this update have some ME changes or only transfer updates?

If you listen to the FM podcast from the Athletic, they've mentioned that they've made changes to the long throws. So that's one change to the ME, I suppose.

Barely played since the patch but early indications are that the ME has slid backwards into the tedious and frustrating territory of the previous couple of editions. Finishing seems dreadful again and a staggering amount of my goals now come from set-pieces or long-shots - is this the experience of others? I just seem to score the same boring goals over and over and over and over again. Also seems that every club's set-piece taker is by miles their best and highest rated player; nobody else seems to do much. Early days so will keep going and hope this is just some bizarre early season quirk but struggling with any level of immersion as things are.

2 hours ago, Karl Krammer (KK) said:

Will all the bugs be corrected including those that are from the beginning of time?

No clue, I hope they fix as many as they can, both big and smaller.

1 hour ago, LucasBR said:

Will this update have some ME changes or only transfer updates?

I don't know, but I hope they fix some of the issues with the statistics and the analytical data. At least CCC's from headers and such.

2 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

If you listen to the FM podcast from the Athletic, they've mentioned that they've made changes to the long throws. So that's one change to the ME, I suppose.

I listened to that too. To summarize, the host was saying he was having success with long throws and Jack said that in the upcoming patch SI has made some changes to throw ins although he didn't provide any specific details. We will have to wait and see...

6 часов назад, FrazT сказал:

The 21.4 database will include the final transfers from the Chinese and Russian databases that closed after the European one

Russian transfer window closed 25 february, 3 weeks ago lol

1 hour ago, andu1 said:

I listened to that too. To summarize, the host was saying he was having success with long throws and Jack said that in the upcoming patch SI has made some changes to throw ins although he didn't provide any specific details. We will have to wait and see...

Ah in the next patch to come?

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

Russian transfer window closed 25 february, 3 weeks ago lol

15 days, could be a sign that SI are working on more than just the final DB changes? Just speculations of course.

9 минут назад, zindrinho сказал:

could be a sign that SI are working on more than just the final DB changes?

Who knows, I just answered that Russian league is not a delay of the patch :D 

If you open bugs list - a lot of open issues. Even so small thing like weather in stadium which have a roof not fixed for years.
So it will be great if SI keep working to fix some small things at least

22 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

15 days, could be a sign that SI are working on more than just the final DB changes? Just speculations of course.

They defintely are working on bugs that's been confirmed. Whether they are able to make fixes in time is another question

I've hidden some replies in here that have nothing to do with feedback. Please be nice to each other, we don't want to have to do further things in this regard.

Also, SI have never announced updates, neither dates nor content, and does not seem to do so for the time being. So no need to speculate about that in this thread, or at all for that matter. SI will release the update when they think it's time with the changes they deem fit.

Please keep this thread to actual, constructive feedback of the game and respect that others have a different view.

As a final note, if you think that anyone is stepping out of what is reasonable, don't answer and continue to do the same, use the report function and the mod team will handle it.

Im sorry but I'm sick to death of being unable to get a decent rating out of my central midfielders. No matter what I do, how I play or what player I use, they just seem to constantly underperform and average 6.5 or below, even when winning and the rest of the team are playing well. I just cant figure out how to fix it and its ruining the game for me.

56 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

If you open bugs list - a lot of open issues. Even so small thing like weather in stadium which have a roof not fixed for years.

I cannot be the only person here who has not thought of that? :D