Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still really annoyed with my scouts giving me goalies when I have 6 good goalies at all levels (I seem to get a good one every youth intake)

And them going off message annoys me. In fact, the scouting system annoys me in general

On 18/03/2021 at 18:10, mhaffy said:

I understand that FM definitions will not align exactly with their real world equivalents but they should be at least broadly in line for both the FME and QME. It is important that FME and QME give similar results so that scouting/search comparisons are not rendered useless. I created a new save following the release of 21.4 and ran a full season Premier League using Full Match Engine and again using the Quick Match Engine. I then extracted full season stats for each team and compared the FME results with the QME and 19/20 Premier League "equivalent" stats when available:

image.thumb.jpeg.e4773c7d9980a5c1db06c92cf04b54ad.jpeg

The game is not broken and unplayable but for players who like the immersion and use stats when comparing/scouting players etc there are clearly still issues between the FME and QME; some of which, no doubt, feed in to players ratings too.

So the same issues that have been plaguing the game since 2018 then. Way too many crosses and tackling way overpowered/dribbling way underpowered.

Edited by RocheBag

I hate this year game  just feels like Moral has too much an effect and when u get that high your easily sailing through and massively overachieving I miss FM when it felt my tactics we're most important it doesn't feel like that this year so even when u do overachieve it doesn't feel like a success anymore because it's way too easy to do it

Frustrating interaction today.  A player was concerned that he won't get a work permit, and wanted a loan.  The player has a work permit, and while I would be happy to loan him out if he doesn't get it renewed, that's not an option I have - I can only promise him an immediate loan, immediate sale, immediate termination of contract, or nothing.  He's in my squad!  He plays nearly every game!  But now he's unhappy over something that shouldn't even be a factor right now.

On 08/05/2021 at 23:46, RocheBag said:

So the same issues that have been plaguing the game since 2018 then. Way too many crosses and tackling way overpowered/dribbling way underpowered.

I dont think dribling or to put it better running with ball is underpowered. Players are able to explore space on flanks so easily dribbling down the line seems piece of cake no metter the players quality even for players playing on opposite side of their weaker foot. On the other hand cutting in happens far too rarely. Then there is big problem how fullbacks defend they retreat back to defensive strata and almost never close down on wingers. Also pressing in general hasnt been imoroved much. Players waiting until ball gets to opponent before engaging is still there unfortunatly as well as players retrearing instead of staying close to opponent thing. All this leads play to be chanelled down the flanks so its no wonder how many blocked crosses happen. For the same reasons any team playing short passing can finish games with 90 percent passing rate.

I do not consent to this survey.

A huge update file size for it also, and player nationality flags no longer show. Save games taking ages to load now also. Great, nice one.

How about for surveys you have a link on the forum? Or the steam page? Why are we at a stage where every single update terrifies me and makes me regret not having auto update turned off? Every update prompts more worries for me about what's going to be broken as a result.

12 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I do not consent to this survey.

A huge update file size for it also, and player nationality flags no longer show. Save games taking ages to load now also. Great, nice one.

How about for surveys you have a link on the forum? Or the steam page? Why are we at a stage where every single update terrifies me and makes me regret not having auto update turned off? Every update prompts more worries for me about what's going to be broken as a result.

You haven't answered anything unless you press it. The big update was so that they can update the link from the main menu without having to use updates in the future.

image.png.4229df988d04bfd12e38aa58d1932d89.png

As for save games, they are the same as before for me, so report it as a technical issue, please.

Where are you missing the nationalities? I've had a quick look in the original skin, but I see it fine:

image.png.e2afef195707e9f1b24fef680c369b6f.png

13 minutes ago, XaW said:

You haven't answered anything unless you press it. The big update was so that they can update the link from the main menu without having to use updates in the future.

image.png.4229df988d04bfd12e38aa58d1932d89.png

As for save games, they are the same as before for me, so report it as a technical issue, please.

Where are you missing the nationalities? I've had a quick look in the original skin, but I see it fine:

image.png.e2afef195707e9f1b24fef680c369b6f.png

Will do. Doing a report now.

All aspects of my game seem to be experiencing lag since the update all very visible too. From clicking on player profiles, right through to the ME being very laggy. Was perfect last night!

53 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Will do. Doing a report now.

All aspects of my game seem to be experiencing lag since the update all very visible too. From clicking on player profiles, right through to the ME being very laggy. Was perfect last night!

Sounds like a caching issue then, in which case: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-remove-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder

On 04/05/2021 at 02:41, Nick_CB said:

image.png.3264b4e4980b0d93906cd13b4cfa1b84.png

Haaland is a great player, but he is exaggeratedly OP in FM21, that number of goals is unreal

Robert Lewandowski equalled the German league record today scoring his 40th league goal of the season.

Bayern have one Bundesliga game left where Lewandowski could break the record.

Currently I have Solkskjaer, Pirlo, Pochettino, Conte, Zidane and Flick still at their places after 12 seasons ingame. Pep was sacked and replaced by Brandon Rogers for 10 years, Klopp was sacked after spending 11 seasons in Liverpool, Koeman was sacked and replaced by some Spanish manager who is on his job for 10 seasons as well.

Chelsea is the only top team which is regularly sacking managers.

Huge thanks to SI for once again not failing to deliver a last patch which will just break the game. So amusing.

At this point I'm really ready to skip that "amazing" game in Autumn. Hope I won't be the only one so SI will at least something to think about instead of finding other way to make the game unplayable and broken.

Edited by Outrospective

On 12/05/2021 at 19:35, ben carter said:

Just to add a +1. My load/save times have absolutely tanked after this update. 

Same here. Game processing speed has dropped considerably after the update.

Player: I need a new challenge

Me: Okay, I'll sell you

*Five clubs make a bid, including club X*

Player: Club X is my preferred destination

*Player rejects all contracts*

Me: *offers player out, no interest*

Me: Mutual termination?

Player: No

Player: You broke your promise to sell me.

1 hour ago, CityAndColour said:

I personally haven't seen this in the game but it's the type of thing I wouldnt be suprised about if it happened. Player interaction needs a serious improvement as currently it literally takes no context into account. It's quite amazing that it's like that considering most other areas of the game are clearly well thought out. 

The loan clauses attached to players you want to loan are still ridiculous. It's completely unrealistic for a parent club to be so particular about a loan that they demand he be played in a poacher role. How would they even know he has such a role in my tactic? It's such a meta requirement that it doesn't make sense in a simulation.

The only clauses that should be applied to loans are minimum minutes per available match or anything else with respect to playing time. Roles within a tactic should be off the table because there is no objective way to measure that in real life.

29 minutes ago, Overmars said:

The loan clauses attached to players you want to loan are still ridiculous. It's completely unrealistic for a parent club to be so particular about a loan that they demand he be played in a poacher role. How would they even know he has such a role in my tactic? It's such a meta requirement that it doesn't make sense in a simulation.

The only clauses that should be applied to loans are minimum minutes per available match or anything else with respect to playing time. Roles within a tactic should be off the table because there is no objective way to measure that in real life.

This is a very valid point- Maybe suggest this in the Features Request thread?

Please tell me, a guy who bailed out of 21 to play FM 18 and be happy, are wingers still mindlessly hitting the ball into fullbacks to get the corner or sometimes they manage to pull a cross or even roll the ball back?

54 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

Please tell me, a guy who bailed out of 21 to play FM 18 and be happy, are wingers still mindlessly hitting the ball into fullbacks to get the corner or sometimes they manage to pull a cross or even roll the ball back?

Its better than it was initially, but it is not right yet.

On 04/05/2021 at 02:41, Nick_CB said:

image.png.3264b4e4980b0d93906cd13b4cfa1b84.png

Haaland is a great player, but he is exaggeratedly OP in FM21, that number of goals is unreal

I mean lewandowski has 40 goals in just 28 games this season in that league this season

14 hours ago, paddypower said:

I have a couple of bosman signings lined up in January. I can't see the "buy now" option anywhere. Has that been removed?

Some clubs will allow you to do this for a fee, others want to hold onto the player until the last possible moment. It’s random, as far as I’m aware.

On 20/05/2021 at 10:09, Pav_Makarov said:

It's much more improved especially on lower mentalities interplay on the flanks is quite good. On higher mentalities blocking happens more. I don't know why. 

On 16/05/2021 at 10:21, CityAndColour said:

Player interaction and their internal logic is by far the most broken and annoying thing about this game.

4 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Some clubs will allow you to do this for a fee, others want to hold onto the player until the last possible moment. It’s random, as far as I’m aware.

I think it may be a bug. One of my players agreed a deal with a club and I didn't have the "sell now" option either. Usually it lets you offer a price and the club can accept or reject.

On 20/05/2021 at 11:09, Pav_Makarov said:

There are soooo many crossing attempts in a match, player & AI teams. Sometimes there are more than 1 cross/minute combined !! 

I gave up on roles that have "Cross more often" hardcoded because I just can't watch the endless action of "let me wait for the defender to close down so I can attempt a cross into his foot" .

acc_2.png

Acc_1.png

acc_4.png

hull_1.png

In april 10 I did quit FM.. lasted 1.5 month. Just loaded up my good old Cork City FC save again. Downloaded all the faces and what not.. Kicked Waterford butt with 3-0. Good times. Sold a defender for 1.5. Some dude of 17 in my youth has lots of potential.. Promoted him and hopefully he gonna make some kilometers for me. 21 million in the bank.. Life is good. :brock:

But still heavily annoyed the game won't be patched anymore and all patches will be in FM2022. Stupid.... because SI Games can fixes all the patches for FM2021 as well because they include them in 2022... Ahh well. Lets see if I can make Cork City a regular winter-CL club. :D

Edited by RinusFM

On 29/03/2021 at 09:14, kevgaleuk said:

Promises

Is there any chance in the next game more emphasis can be placed on to the player's agent and less on the manager. Two examples:

1. Player unhappy at playing time wants to go out on loan. Why does the manager have to promise to actively get them a loan? Why is the option to simply promise to sanction a loan under certain circumstances (e.g. wage contribution, playing time etc) available with either the explicit or implicit indication that the player's agent needs to encourage teams who might be interested in them to approach the club
  2. Player wants to leave and one option is the manager has to promise to get them a move as soon as possible. Again, why can't the manager simply promise to sanction a move under certain circumstances e.g. move abroad, offer over a specific amount and behind the scenes the agent is then free to encourage interested clubs to approach my team

Just as an update to this; player unhappy that a loan promise has not been met

I have offered the player out and had no interest in him (admittedly I wanted 100% of his wages) and he accused me of lying about the lack of interest. First I should have the option to tell him to wind his neck in but secondly there should be an answer that calls that out - not one offer for him and his agent has done nothing to help him. As it is I have transfer listed and demoted the t*** for his attitude but it does feel like this area does need some work

So my striker had a wonder season, breaking the Messi record on the last day with a few minutes left  ala Lewandowski IRL this season.

hmm.png

Then i saw this striker for Celta(Hugo) WOW.

hmmm1.png

How can only Sochaux be interested ?

my scouts dont reccomend him at all... his record is amazing

surely this would secure a big move IRL

???

Edited by Showerman

Does anyone find they get a lot of those annoying games in this years version where you dominate the game miss all your 20+ chances and then the other team has 2 shots and wins 1-0. Or gets a lucky 1-1 draw from 1 shot on goal etc.

Its like the game is trying too hard to prove that this stuff happens in real life. Yeah i get it, it happens in real life too... but nowhere near as regularly as it does in this game.

It just feels like forced bad luck. 

Anyway rant over :D

35 minutes ago, El Capitan said:

Does anyone find they get a lot of those annoying games in this years version where you dominate the game miss all your 20+ chances and then the other team has 2 shots and wins 1-0. Or gets a lucky 1-1 draw from 1 shot on goal etc.

Its like the game is trying too hard to prove that this stuff happens in real life. Yeah i get it, it happens in real life too... but nowhere near as regularly as it does in this game.

It just feels like forced bad luck. 

Anyway rant over :D

This does happen to me but it's rare for me, its likely due to an issue with your teams tactics, id recommend having a  look in the tactics forum if you're interested in getting suggestions/help on it

40 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

This does happen to me but it's rare for me, its likely due to an issue with your teams tactics, id recommend having a  look in the tactics forum if you're interested in getting suggestions/help on it

I am not having issues with my tactics i am currently having a dominant season. My only complaint is the game has too much of a luck element to it, i get it teams get lucky sometimes but it doesn't happen in real life on the scale it does in game. Why shouldn't i go unbeaten in a season or smash everyone just because the game decides, not today son your going to balloon every easy chance you get while the striker on the opposite team with 10 finishing turns into prime Ronaldo slots home his 1 chance or the amc with 6 long shots turns into Messi and curls in a 35 yard shot with the teams only chance of the game.

In real life this kind of stuff happens once or twice a season if that... in my game its like 4-8 games a season.

I am just saying it would be cool to tone down the luck element. More than likely i am just talking bollocks and i am just salty it happened to me 2 games in a row after smashing everyone. 

Edited by El Capitan

45 minutes ago, El Capitan said:

In real life this kind of stuff happens once or twice a season if that... in my game its like 4-8 games a season.

lel. 

Manchester City 2-2 Tottenham - Premier League 2019/2020 - Match Report (whoscored.com)
Manchester City 0-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers - Premier League 2019/2020 - Match Report (whoscored.com)
Norwich 3-2 Manchester City - Premier League 2019/2020 - Match Report (whoscored.com)
Newcastle United 2-2 Manchester City - Premier League 2019/2020 - Match Report (whoscored.com)
Tottenham 2-0 Manchester City - Premier League 2020/2021 - Match Report (whoscored.com)
Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United - Premier League 2019/2020 - Match Report (whoscored.com)

The game has a few better stats than shots now, speaking of which.. Just how unlucky are Brighton? Expected goals analysis of Graham Potter's side (sportinglife.com)

There's also in-game expected Point tables, which can give somewhat of a clue as to how much luck or bad luck is at work for any given season (AI managers can underperform this by as much as 15 points, e.g. they dropped 15 points in matches where they had the better xG value). 

13 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Ok well i did say i was probably talking bollocks. :D

I let the frustration get the better of me and went off on a stupid rant, apologies.