Football Manager 2021 Official Feedback Thread

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Player ratings fixed 👍

No mention of newgen issue though?

There have been no further changes to youth and newgen intakes. 

As stated here the issue has largely been addressed - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/539021-youth-intake-broken-just-like-beta/?do=findComment&comment=12857682

There are a couple of outstanding smaller issues as noted by Andrew James which are still being investigated for a future update - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/539021-youth-intake-broken-just-like-beta/?do=findComment&comment=12858627

Thanks. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

There have been no further changes to youth and newgen intakes. 

As stated here the issue has largely been addressed - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/539021-youth-intake-broken-just-like-beta/?do=findComment&comment=12857682

There are a couple of outstanding smaller issues as noted by Andrew James which are still being investigated for a future update - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/539021-youth-intake-broken-just-like-beta/?do=findComment&comment=12858627

Thanks. 

Thanks for trying to address the ratings issue before the major update next month. Hopefully see a marked improvement now :thup:

Minor Update 21.2.2 (includes but not limited to):
----------------------------------------------------------
Stability and Technical
- Performance improvements related to upscaling on high resolution displays

It would seem this fix has made my match engine go blurry? (Apologies, I opened a post on this before I saw this thread)

Comparison screen still not showing attributes except for the average. I get this wil remain like this as "intentional quality of life improvement"? 

My long-term saved just crashed right before updating the game and now it will not load. Reverting back to a backup, altough it is only from yesterday, but I've wasted my whole afternoon of scouting/trialing, etc on 1st Jun :D "fo foksaik"

5 minutos atrás, mhaffy disse:

Hopefully the recent minor update is save game compatible....SI post re update did not mention whether it was/wasnt....

All updates are compatible with the current save, except changes to competitions

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, ThinkCreateSee said:

Minor Update 21.2.2 (includes but not limited to):
----------------------------------------------------------
Stability and Technical
- Performance improvements related to upscaling on high resolution displays

It would seem this fix has made my match engine go blurry? (Apologies, I opened a post on this before I saw this thread)

Possibly but it's strange that it has. Essentially on super high-resolution systems the game will upscale so not to place huge demands on systems and potentially cause fps drops/lag etc. 

May be worth removing your cache/preferences and trying again, as it shouldn't be blurry at high settings - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-Delete-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

All updates are compatible with the current save, except changes to competitions

Some of the competition fixes (Israel squad numbers and Premier Division fixtures) are retroactive so will be save game compatible. All others will be save game compatible. 

1 minute ago, Nick_CB said:

Thanks, thats good. Hopefully Key tackles will start being registered now....Premier League  detailed stats after 24 games when I stopped playing showed that no key tackle had been made in any Premier League game........

1 minute ago, mhaffy said:

Thanks, thats good. Hopefully Key tackles will start being registered now....Premier League  detailed stats after 24 games when I stopped playing showed that no key tackle had been made in any Premier League game........

Not fixed.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

3 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

Not fixed.

The reading of key tackles has been as it is currently throughout every match engine for FM21 and hasn't changed at any point since even before the Early Access Beta. It's something which was recently flagged to our QA team and is being investigated. Was unrelated to what was happening with player ratings. 

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

The reading of key tackles has been as it is currently throughout every match engine for FM21 and hasn't changed at any point since even before the Early Access Beta. It's something which was recently flagged to our QA team and is being investigated. Was unrelated to what was happening with player ratings. 

Thanks. 

thanks for confirmation that its being investigated...I only came across no key tackles being shown in detailed player stats following ratings issue...Looks like I will not be resuming my long term career save for a while yet...

33 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Possibly but it's strange that it has. Essentially on super high-resolution systems the game will upscale so not to place huge demands on systems and potentially cause fps drops/lag etc. 

May be worth removing your cache/preferences and trying again, as it shouldn't be blurry at high settings - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-Delete-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder

Thanks for the help. I have followed the instruction but the match engine is still blurry on the highest graphic settings. It was perfectly crisp earlier (This is on a 27inch retina display Mac)

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 22.47.24.png

Edited by ThinkCreateSee
Typo

• Administrators
On 06/01/2021 at 13:27, ViG1980 said:

SI just loves more clicks - never mind the game, they've added more clicks just to get to this forum apparently.

It's really a redesign for new users and people directed to the forums for support. Not sure if you'd been to that page logged out recently but really was quite confusing and intimidating. 

If there's a specific forum you always come to over others, may be worth bookmarking it. Or even just bookmark the index page here - https://community.sigames.com/forums

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

Would you say that this hotfix's ME edits changes how tactics work just a bit, a lot, or not at all?

Is just how the player ratings are calculated, no ME changes other than that. So no, tactics won't be affected. 

• Administrators
Just now, Mcfc1894 said:

What about all the other stats aswell which are off 

Would suggest anything which you believe isn't being recorded correctly is raised via the bugs forum and if it's not already known, it'll be picked up by our QA team. Believe there are some which are already being investigating. 

Thanks. 

hey SI team and Neil, thanks for update for israeli league numbers bug  - just in time ! (lockdown starts today in israel - more time to play) ! 

is there any update to the major league soccer in the 12.2.2 update ? 

28 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

Thanks for stopping by, just a quick question, by your statement seems that key tackles don't affect player ratings, is that correct?

Thanks!

When i play a match the dressing room is in the background, is that something new since the update 12.2.2?

On 19/12/2020 at 00:47, Zoolok42 said:

Or if your laptop needs cleaning.

If it was permanently on i would get that, but its not on all the time. When i play 20 its well quite.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

Thanks for stopping by, just a quick question, by your statement seems that key tackles don't affect player ratings, is that correct?

Thanks!

The match engine uses a huge number of factors to calculate player ratings and whilst key tackles are part of that calculation, them not being registered within the analysis is not having a noticeable detrimental effect to overall average ratings. 

Perhaps this is the wrong place, but ... after the new patch my def midfielder loose the ability to play a deep 6 - can this be happen (he is part of my main 11, so he plays this pos regulare)?

So if this is the wrong place,  I apologize.

Forget it - for some reason he lost this ability before and i didnt notice it .... bad coach :(

Edited by Conardo

11 minutes ago, paddypower said:

What was the issue with player ratings?

Some users noted that player ratings, particularly for fullbacks appeared to be low-other users reported that they noticed no difference so it probably wasn't a universal  issue and maybe only affected fullbacks in one specific role.  In my own game, my 4 fullbacks in the squad are all in the top 10 player ratings, so I didn't notice anything amiss 

Just now, FrazT said:

Some users noted that player ratings, particularly for fullbacks appeared to be low-other users reported that they noticed no difference so it probably wasn't a universal  issue and maybe only affected fullbacks in one specific role.  In my own game, my 4 fullbacks in the squad are all in the top 10 player ratings, so I didn't notice anything amiss 

Ohh, I thought I just had bad fullbacks. Been fining them a lot :D

6 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Ohh, I thought I just had bad fullbacks. Been fining them a lot :D

This was me too.....I’ve been doing well, I watch the games in full, they were playing well. And yet I’ve still been giving them hell..!! :lol:

Really glad that the player ratings bug has been fixed! Kudos to SI for their prompt action in doing so. But one thing that makes me really disappointed is the match engine. I would like to praise SI for making it way better than last year's, great striker movement, perfectly measured through balls to play them in, culminating in composed 1 on 1 finishing was a dream and all of these were lacking in last years edition.

However, since the patch, this seems to have dissolved. This is most stark in the below 2 situations:

1. Prior to the patch, when the opponents have a deep defence line and the strikers are in line with them (to avoid being caught offside), through balls are played through the defence line for the strikers to run onto and finish.

2. On counter attacks, the striker would make a clever diagonal run to allow the advancing midfield to play the through ball and then execute the finish.

Since the previous patch, this has disappeared and strikers have reverted to their immobile self. In scenario 1, the current lack of movement would lead to the ball being played wide and result in crosses being blocked. And just to add on, it seems like the ability of forwards to lose the defender seems to be severely nerfed too, as shots are blocked so often nowadays as marking seems so tight.

Sigh, looks like the previous match engine was just a dream...

Edited by barbecuepit

5 minutes ago, barbecuepit said:

Really glad that the player ratings bug has been fixed! Kudos to SI for their prompt action in doing so. But one thing that makes me really disappointed is the match engine. I would like to praise SI for making it way better than last year's, great striker movement, perfectly measured through balls to play them in, culminating in composed 1 on 1 finishing was a dream and all of these were lacking in last years edition.

However, since the patch, this seems to have dissolved. This is most stark in the below 2 situations:

1. Prior to the patch, when the opponents have a deep defence line and the strikers are in line with them (to avoid being caught offside), through balls are played through the defence line for the strikers to run onto and finish.

2. On counter attacks, the striker would make a clever diagonal run to allow the advancing midfield to play the through ball and then execute the finish.

Since the previous patch, this has disappeared and strikers have reverted to their immobile self. In scenario 1, the current lack of movement would lead to the ball being played wide and result in crosses being blocked. And just to add on, it seems like the ability of forwards to lose the defender seems to be severely nerfed too, as shots are blocked so often nowadays as marking seems so tight.

Please see the full change notes for the match engine in the latest update:

Match Engine 21.5.0
- Tweaks to address player ratings being too low

2 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Please see the full change notes for the match engine in the latest update:

Match Engine 21.5.0
- Tweaks to address player ratings being too low

Hi FrazT, i did notice the improvement in player ratings but also a sharp decline in the match engine. Thanks!

Vuelvo a jugar un partido después de dos semanas después de ver que se han actualizado ... He usado jugadores del equipo b ... Please consider implementing levels of difficulty because this is very boring.

image_67205889.thumb.JPG.31d503e29123dfa0858998841bc81ab1.JPGimage_67183105.thumb.JPG.25a6fa66714236ff2d237f95c5407b4c.JPGsssssssss

Edited by Costanino Hummels

12 minutes ago, barbecuepit said:

Hi FrazT, i did notice the improvement in player ratings but also a sharp decline in the match engine. Thanks!

The match engine have not been changed in any other term than changing how much value the game gives to ratings, not something in the match engine itself. So there are nothing that should change in how the engine works. What are your issues? What, in your view, changed before after the update last night?

1 hora atrás, DavyDepuydt1 disse:

Looks like half of my players are suddenly wanted by Wuhan or another chinese club... (maybe after yesterday's update?)

Do you have the Chineese league loaded? And other (rich) leagues? I notice when I have it loaded they are very aggressive in the transfer market.

1 hour ago, barbecuepit said:

This was already the case with the regular 21.2 patch, so it's not something that happened due to the hotfix.

36 minutes ago, afailed10 said:

Do you have the Chineese league loaded? And other (rich) leagues? I notice when I have it loaded they are very aggressive in the transfer market.

No i only have my domestic league loaded and nothing else

1 hour ago, pejocho said:

Regarding the test i have done with the new update, wingers and strikers (attackers in general) ratings are not fixed:

Not had that issue since the patch, my wingers and strikers have been my highest rated players.

hace 2 minutos, JordanMillward_1 dijo:

Not had that issue since the patch, my wingers and strikers have been my highest rated players.

Are you speaking about your specific players of your specific tactic that can be well adjusted to the ME mechanics and give good ratings, or are you speaking about all the players of the 4 top leagues (ALL AI PLAYERS) as me?  Because there is a huge difference in the concept 

Edited by pejocho

13 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

The match engine uses a huge number of factors to calculate player ratings and whilst key tackles are part of that calculation, them not being registered within the analysis is not having a noticeable detrimental effect to overall average ratings. 

Whilst key tackles are one of numerous factors used to calculate player ratings, this response seems to indicate that they are not being registered. Whilst being excluded from the analysis may not have a "noticeable detrimental effect" to overall ratings its inclusion, when the issue is fixed, can only help to improve ratings. I will continue to delay resuming until issues like this are fixed. Spent less time on this FM at this stage than on any other version in last 20 years....

il y a 29 minutes, Iakovenko a dit :

I hadn't noticed poor full back ratings, my lb is 4th highest average this season never getting lower than a 7.2 ... until it was fixed and first game he gets a 6.4, typical. 

Back to his old self next game tho

Does he take set pieces?

First impressions after the hotfix:

1. The player ratings seem fixed.

2. The match engine improved in a few key areas like players crosses and ability to create space and shoot. These are my first impression and nice done for this. Now I can play the game again.