Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Icondacarver said:

Sterling picks an injury and this team does not leave the group stages. I love how he keeps seeking the ball and the chances regardless of misses or errors while all the other players go and hide to preserve their 7/10 pundits rating. His presence there forces that goal.

People really need to start putting some respect on his name. Know the Liverpool fans won't but everyone else should by now realise just how good he is. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

This, he constantly keeps defences on edge. Saka is starting to do the same and that goal was the result

Saka definitely been learning from Sterling in training and it's going to help him a lot next season.

1 minute ago, pearcey_90 said:

How can there be no time added on when there’s been two goals? Seen it happen loads this tournament first half :D 

UEFA ask the refs to reduce first half stoppage time to allow more certainty around when the adverts will be shown.

Genuinely wish I was making that up. 

3 minutes ago, pearcey_90 said:

How can there be no time added on when there’s been two goals? Seen it happen loads this tournament first half :D 

It's ridiculous. Fourth official's only real decision making responsibility and he can't be bothered to do it

Always been too little in first halves in football, but no time at all with two VAR approved goals is just silly.

Just now, enigmatic said:

It's ridiculous. Fourth official's only real decision making responsibility and he can't be bothered to do it

Always been too little in first halves in football, but no time at all with two VAR approved goals is just silly.

It’s a uefa directive to get more certainty on advert spots.

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

We **** the bed after that stupid Phillips and Pickford double error. We just went into our shells. Soon as we equalised we're back to how we were to start the half. 

Yep, it was like that incident made everyone panic for some reason. Still level and a chance to reset now thankfully. 

2 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Wonder if Southgate starts thinking about bringing on Henderson for Phillips. Could do with a bit of experience against Hojbjerg and Delaney.

Doubt he'll do it at HT but this might be the best thing we could do atm. Cant have another 45 of being beat to every 50/50 in midfield.

Just now, CFuller said:

Half-time. It's been a real battle.

This is where Gareth Southgate must really prove his worth.

One concern I've always had with Southgate is I've never been convinced by his ability to make changes at the right time during a game. Often does too little too late, as if playing for extra time. If he's going to change things up he needs to act fast.

England on top at the start and end of the half, Denmark better in the middle. Think Denmark kinda invited the pressure at the end, trying to make it to halftime 1-0. Can't blame em, but obviously it didn't work out. 

Pickford looks shaky at best. England outmatched in midfield. Both sides have looked a bit lost tracking runs. 

Edited by XuluBak

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

This, he constantly keeps defences on edge. Saka is starting to do the same and that goal was the result

His flaws as a player are there to see because he is constantly involved. Yeah his finishing isn't always great, and he gives the ball away and runs down blind alleys at times but he keeps going and keeps running. Hes like the terminator, just doesn't stop.

This team would go up a level with a midfield pivot who was press resistant. Kane in this mood would be picking it up and slide ruling it all day if we could get the ball into him enough.

Agree with the Henderson for Phillips shout, game has passed him by 

I don't think Southgate is a particularly reactionary manager, he'll leave it as it is for at least the first 10 minutes of second half. If it stays the same Henderson will definitely be coming on.

3 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

UEFA ask the refs to reduce first half stoppage time to allow more certainty around when the adverts will be shown.

Genuinely wish I was making that up. 

That literally sums up modern day football :D 

Weird half. England were poor but created more than Denmark. 

Phillips should go off I think. Pickford should save that free kick too

The front three of Kane, Saka and Sterling are dangerous, however Mount isn't getting in the game at all

2 minutes ago, Marc Albrighton said:

Doubt he'll do it at HT but this might be the best thing we could do atm. Cant have another 45 of being beat to every 50/50 in midfield.

I'm not sure what's happened to Phillips. Maybe he'll settle down at half time but maybe he's overawed by the occasion? 

Oh I loved that goal. Danish were looking really smug, especially Schmeichel. Then the roar of the crowd, they looked mousey. Denmark are dangerous though,  second half could easily go either way. Pleased England have shown they also are dangerous. 

4 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

Weird half. England were poor but created more than Denmark. 

Phillips should go off I think. Pickford should save that free kick too

The front three of Kane, Saka and Sterling are dangerous, however Mount isn't getting in the game at all

Tbf Mount was all over them at the start. Think he needs to come deeper and get the ball (and win 5050s or do niggly fouls) though