Match 50: England vs Denmark - 8pm (bst) ITV1 LIVE FROM WEMBLEY !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

Yeah, I don't think we'll give a **** whether the 'ROW' thinks it would be tainted or not.

Maybe you should stop pretending you're as unbiased as you try to make out. The anti-English sentiment seeps out of you.

Quite.

Let the mask slip and embrace the hate. There's enough to dislike about us without building an OTT narrative around the penalty.

2 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Look, I can completely understand people saying it's a bit soft, but the replay shows incredibly clear contact. VAR is never, ever, ever going to overturn that decision. And nor should it. 

I personally don't think it should be a penalty but I think it could go either way by the how the game is currently reffed and would probably be given more often than not.

I definitely agree it's not one for VAR, in cricket I think it would be Umpire's Call.

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The rules themselves still require some sort of subjective though

Yeah but "He was already going down before contact" does not chalk off a penalty. Neither is the wording in the freekick rule. 

It was one of those that if it goes for you, you say nothing, and if it goes against you, you're outraged. Alan Shearer pretty much echoed this sentiment. 

I really think those saying it was a clear penalty should imagine how they'd react if Denmark was awarded that penalty. 

Anyway, will be an interesting final. 

2 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

It was one of those that if it goes for you, you say nothing, and if it goes against you, you're outraged. Alan Shearer pretty much echoed this sentiment. 

I really think those saying it was a clear penalty should imagine how they'd react if Denmark was awarded that penalty. 

Probably Hand of God v2, Danish player falling gets branded as 'cheat' and the English bitter about it 30 years later. 

Edited by Marius_R

2 minutes ago, TM said:

might be a bad idea to boo the Italian anthem on Sunday as I expect that would just pump the Italian players up more

they very much seem to be scared before matches thats why they shout the anthem out so loudly to reassure themselves. I did too that when I was a kid.

Edited by Carambau

1 minute ago, Marius_R said:

Probably Hand of God v2, Danish player falling get branded as 'cheat' and the English bitter about it 30 years later. 

Urs Meier probably, tabloids would find the details of the player and get people to send them death threats

It's wrong, and we should have been charged before now (I've never seen it happen so regularly with any other group of fans) but how can the FA stop England fans booing every opposing teams national anthem? Eventually it will end up in a crowd ban for a qualifying game at Wembley (not the final obviously) but even that won't stop them doing that. Laser pens can be sorted by searching every fan entering Wembley (unless they use kids to smuggle them in?), but its difficult to cut out booing.

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Oh I agree. The fact that he is going down is entirely irrelevant.

He wasn’t even going down he takes another step after the kick then gets taken down by the hip :D

16 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

Yeah, I don't think we'll give a **** whether the 'ROW' thinks it would be tainted or not.

Maybe you should stop pretending you're as unbiased as you try to make out. The anti-English sentiment seeps out of you.

You're making it to easy to be disliked. 

4 minutes ago, Pukey said:

My word, gone on Reddit to have a look and it's a basically a sea of Gunmans crying. 

image.png.abebac29a0b8149c9ebe6b12877c7099.png

RUINED THE TOURNAMENT

Everyone loves Denmark and hates England. It’s not a good combination is it :D 

1 minute ago, Travis Bickle said:

Also I find the act of taking an anti-racism stance but repeatedly booing other teams national anthem a bit hypocritical. 

I know some wont see the equivalence but I do. 

Sure but then there are a number of our fans that aren't happy about that stance either, though the anthem booing seems to be more pronounced than the knee booing.

Just now, Smallen said:

Everyone loves Denmark and hates England. It’s not a good combination is it :D 

I think this really, Denmark were the underdog, and gained even more sympathy after the Eriksen incident during the Euros, plus they played some nice football, so it's understandable why a lot of people were upset at England winning after a soft penalty. Had it been vs Germany, Spain or any other big nation, it'd have been shrugged under the rug and called "karma", "revenge", "redemption" or something along those lines. 

10 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

really think those saying it was a clear penalty should imagine how they'd react if Denmark was awarded that penalty. 

They would have needed to get the ball into our box first :brock:

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

Sure but then there are a number of our fans that aren't happy about that stance either, though the anthem booing seems to be more pronounced than the knee booing.

If fans chant something racist, and it's audible, then it doesn't matter how many do it, the team gets punished/criticised.

I find the booing of national anthems fundamentally disrespectful and could easily be classed as xenophobic. Same thing with that "German Bombers" song, which to be fair, the FA explicitly told fans not to chant.

Still, it's extremely disrespectful and I think England should be punished for it. 

Just now, Travis Bickle said:

If fans chant something racist, and it's audible, then it doesn't matter how many do it, the team gets punished/criticised.

I find the booing of national anthems fundamentally disrespectful and could easily be classed as xenophobic. Same thing with that "German Bombers" song, which to be fair, the FA explicitly told fans not to chant.

Still, it's extremely disrespectful and I think England should be punished for it. 

To be clear, I don't disagree that the anthem booing is appalling.

• Administrators

Don't really get people moaning about decisions that could have gone either way. If the team on the wrong side of it can't score from open play to overturn decisions (or even from open play at all), then that's their own fault. 

There was only one goal last night that wasn't the result of a decision/foul/dead ball, and that was a Kjaer own goal. 

England won, and take those decisions out of the game and they still won. 

Just looking forward to Sunday now.

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

They've managed to get crazy Ivan leaning towards England. That takes some doing

Rugby soon my man:thup:

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Revenge for Kim Milton Nielsen innit

sending off somebody who kicked out? :D lets not forget what people did to Beckham when he came back from France as well and for a decent amount of that season in the PL

Edited by TM

1 minute ago, Travis Bickle said:

Were the turkish "fans" punished for booing and whistling literally the whole game through, beginning with the anthem and every time the opponent had the ball?

16 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

I definitely don't think it could be seen as a "clear" penalty. It's just nowhere being an obviously terrible decision like some are making out.

And once it's given, I think it's "clear" that VAR won't overrule it. Not the VAR at this tournament at least.

The decision itself could have gone either way. I'm also pretty certain that if it had gone the other way, Gunman and Yuko would be in here telling us why it was a penalty and how the rest of the world hates England because we are bad losers.

Edited by Mr Adam

Just now, Mr Adam said:

I definitely don't think it could be seen as a "clear" penalty. It's just nowhere being an obviously terrible decision like some are making out.

And once it's given, I think it's "clear" that VAR won't overrule it. Not the VAR at this tournament at least.

The decision itself could have gone either way. I'm also pretty certain that if it had gone the other way, Gunman and Yuko would be in here telling us why it was a penalty and how the rest of the world hates England because we are bad losers.

Said as much last night about Gunman

Just now, DMaster2 said:

Pretty obvious what we'll face in terms of referee decisions in the final, seeing how the referee pushed england yesterday. A shame, really. Hopefully we'll win vs 12 opponents.

that's it get your excuses in now.

Did Hungary get any punishment for their fans blatant homophobic and xenophobic chants and signs?

But England get hit for a single laser pen....OK it was at a crucial moment...but still. 

1 minute ago, DMaster2 said:

Pretty obvious what we'll face in terms of referee decisions in the final, seeing how the referee pushed england yesterday. A shame, really. Hopefully we'll win vs 12 opponents.

I can see why you’d think he would favour us to try and make up for yesterday’s trying to get Denmark through. I mean the free kick he gave them, not disallowing said free kick for an infringement in the wall and then denying Kane a clear pen was pretty bad tbf.

Just now, DMaster2 said:

Why, are you denying this by any chance?

Is he denying a conspiracy that you have made up in your head?