Who do you honestly think will win the final?

decapitated

Who wins the final?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

1 minute ago, Bootador said:

We've been outclassed every game in midfield, we can win this in spite of that.

It's gonna be close, but why shouldn't we believe?

yeah this.

England and Italy are the two best international sides in Europe currently. Italy have a better midfield, England have a better attack.

ITV pundits were obsessing about Chiellini and Bonucci, but Keane was right. They could be a weakness, especially with Saka and Sterling's ability to run in behind and dribble

19 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

pundits were obsessing about Chiellini and Bonucci, but Keane was right. They could be a weakness, especially with Saka and Sterling's ability to run in behind and dribble

Full-backs are a bigger weakness. Both starters got injured and there are no rotation options now.

Early yellow and they're on thin ice with noone quick enough to sub on.

Italy will need Immobile to show up in this game. He hasn't done anything the entire tournment, it's about time. 

Donnarumma-Pickford would be the biggest difference I'd be worried about if I was English.

39 minutes ago, Bootador said:

We've been outclassed every game in midfield, we can win this in spite of that.

It's gonna be close, but why shouldn't we believe?

:confused: Croatia's midfield didn't touch us at all. Germany started far better but after 10/15 minutes were shut down. Czech Republic and Ukraine certainly didn't control the midfield either. Feel like people are going mad about the midfield after a poor first half and just completely ignoring how useful it's been for the majority of the time. You don't concede just 1 goal, limit the opposition to such low quality chances, and reach a final by getting outclassed in midfield every game.

Not really sure why the Italian midfield is getting so hyped here. Obviously better on paper but been a bit of a mixed bag (like ours) in terms of performance and what's got them through is crisp penalty area play, a lot of threat in the channels, a good defence and Spinazzola on the rampage

Ultimately I think it'll be more down to whether we exploit the channels effectively or whether they exploit (probably more) space in our penalty area better than they do. Or complete bottling, obviously.

Edited by enigmatic

Insigne and Chiesa have been the only consistent Italian threats this tournament.

I am sure Southgate will change system to match them up (numbers wise, not technique) in midfield or we could struggle to get the ball.

I'd take England's attack against the Italian defence rather than the other way round. All day long too. Not even close in my opinion.

I think it'll be the most stressful game I've ever seen and we'll lose by the odd goal.

It's quite a fascinating match-up of two comparable teams. Both very talented and both attacking minded. Both with questionable managers who don't seem to understand how substitutions are supposed to work.

I think England are probably gonna win it in extra time after Italy subbed their entire creative force to protect a lead that didn't last while England still has four subs left.

Edited by The Amazing Dale Watkins

My heart says England, but my head says Italy.  I think both teams will probably score, but I just think Italy are the bigger threat in front of goal.  I think that will pay off in the end.  But I think it'll be a great game regardless of who wins.  Both teams are deserving champions.

Italy defend better than England and score that little bit more easily. They also ooze team spirit and have a history of adapting to whatever it takes to win. Italy will win this  7 out of 10 times. But it is just one game. 

Just now, Tikka Mezzala said:

England have only conceded once. Credit where it's due, they're the tournament's best defence so far. 

Scoreboard journalism. They have had several situations where the opponent didn't score due to the opponent's fault (Müller for example). I think, overall, Italy have the better defense. It's close of course. 

Just now, Tikka Mezzala said:

Anyway, I thought you Dutch/Ajax lot considered defence to be a cardinal sin? Unless you concede three and score at least four, there's more booing in the Amsterdam ArenA than there is at Wembley when someone bends down to tie their shoelace! :D

What does that have to do with anything? :D 

11 minutes ago, DJ said:

Scoreboard journalism. They have had several situations where the opponent didn't score due to the opponent's fault (Müller for example). I think, overall, Italy have the better defense. It's close of course. 

Can't agree with that "scoreboard" journalism comment. I was worried about the England defence prior to the tournament, but they've barely conceded any great chances let alone goals. Even the Muller example you reference was self inflicted rather than being carved open.

That doesn't mean Italy don't have a better defence (for one they get exposed more as the team is more expansive), but the amount of chances created by England's opponents in this tournament has been very low.

Edited by martynlcfc

9 minutes ago, DJ said:

Literally every team has given opportunities. Spain had god knows how many chances against Italy ffs, but yeah it's just "scoreboard journalism" 

Edited by Pukey

13 minuti fa, martynlcfc ha scritto:

That doesn't mean Italy don't have a better defence (for one they get exposed more as the team is more expansive), but the amount of chances created by England's opponents in this tournament has been very low.

True. And it's also true the only top side you played against in this tournament is what remains of the great Germany.

I think in 2018 it wasn't much different. You played Belgium twice, correct?

Luck Goddess is looking at England since some time...

6 minutes ago, Federico said:

True. And it's also true the only top side you played against in this tournament is what remaining of the great Germany.

I think in 2018 it wasn't much different. You just played Belgium twice, correct?

Not sure what your point is, unless you're trying to detract from England's run because you don't like them?

There are no "top sides" in this tournament. There are faded names of once top sides and a few very good, but not elite sides.

England will not be undercooked, they have played plenty of "good enough" opposition to be battle hardened. Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany and Denmark are all decent opposition.

Edited by martynlcfc

4 minutes ago, Federico said:

True. And it's also true the only top side you played against in this tournament is what remains of the great Germany.

I think in 2018 it wasn't much different. You played Belgium twice, correct?

Luck Goddess is looking at England since some time...

Only truly top side you played is what remains of the great Spain.

It's how tournaments tend to work...

1 minuto fa, martynlcfc ha scritto:

Not sure what your point is, unless you're trying to detract from England's run because you don't like them?

There are no top sides in this tournament. There are faded names of once top sides.

England will not be undercooked, they have played plenty of "good enough" opposition to be battle hardened. Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany and Denmark are all decent opposition.

I was talking about how well England played defensively in this tournament. I think England hasn't played against teams that could put'em under pressure. All the sides you mentioned are surely decent opposition.

Just like you said: decent. But England will make a fantastic performance this next Sunday too, I'm sure :thup:

The point I made seemed quite clear, I hope this explains it better.

3 minutes ago, Federico said:

I was talking about how well England played defensively in this tournament. I think England hasn't played against teams that could put'em under pressure. All the sides you mentioned are surely decent opposition.

Just like you said: decent. But England will make a fantastic performance this next Sunday too, I'm sure :thup:

The point I made seemed quite clear, I hope this explains it better.

Fair enough.

My view is, I don't think any side will create loads of chances against England given how England set up, but there is a chance Italy's tempo can sustain waves of pressure more than the other side's England have faced.

It should be a close game 

In questo momento, enigmatic ha scritto:

Only truly top side you played is what remains of the great Spain.

It's how tournaments tend to work...

And Belgium. At least this is what the ranking says.

What remains of Spain would likely annihilate England. We luckily, and undeservedly, gained the final on penalties.

14 minutes ago, Federico said:

And Belgium. At least this is what the ranking says.

What remains of Spain would likely annihilate England. We luckily, and undeservedly, gained the final on penalties.

FIFA Ranking has Denmark and Croatia right up there too. The Croatia team that put three past Spain but didn't lay a glove on us and the Danish side that had more shots than anyone else before the semi finals 

Ultimately we've both beaten and lost to all these teams in recent years, but we won the games that mattered this time, which is a welcome change

I think Italy will win. They've been the best team in the tournament for me. We definitely deserve to be in the final against them, and we have home advantage and obviously we are expert divers and have the referees and UEFA on our side, but despite that I think Italy will have too much.

9 minutes ago, ryan045 said:

Add DJ to the England hater list. If he wasn’t already on it!

Because I think Italy have the bigger chance to win it, I'm a hater? :D