New Stadium/Stadium Expansion

Hi, I couldn't find FAQ style thread on the general discussion so I thought I'd ask here,

How do you know when to propose a stadium expansion or a new stadium to the board? What factors should be looked at with either option? Should I always try propose a new stadium before requesting an expansion?

I read someone on the forums saying that usually your average attendance need to reach 90% of your stadium capacity for the board to consider it.

Sometimes they might do it themselves, like at my current club:

image.png.edb47d654301825c7964d1caad285a01.png

Hope that helps.

IIRC they will only build a new stadium if the old one is atleast 25 years old. Need confirmation if this is true still.

Perhaps expansion is possible no matter of stadium age. Depends if the stadium is expandable tho I think. Can be checked in the editor.

Edited by Dreambuilder

8 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

IIRC they will only build a new stadium if the old one is atleast 25 years old. Need confirmation if this is true still.

Perhaps expansion is possible no matter of stadium age. Depends if the stadium is expandable tho I think. Can be checked in the editor.

I don't think this is true as @XaWposted somewhere that on his save they built 2 new stadiums in 5 years

8 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

As @Tig212 wrote, I had two stadiums built in FM19(or FM20, can't quite remember) in the span of 5-7 years. Posted the images a while back, so if you want confirmation, then just have a search through my post history here.

As for expansions or building a new stadium, I'm certain there is no clear cut line to cross. In general, there are two keys, interest and financial (plus the "max expansion" set in the data files, viewable in the editor). If you regularly sell out the stadium and have continued success, then that will push it as more likely. The other part is how well of the club is, since both expansions, and especially, a new stadium costs a lot. Things can also depend on the attributes of the chairman/owner and how ambitious they are. Since there is a risk/reward in doing these things, the board might have reservations. Some times, all you need is a takeover before it's approved.

Building a stadium can also take a long time. Even after the board accepts, it can take several years before the paperwork and location is set, and even then it might take more years.

33 minutes ago, XaW said:

As @Tig212 wrote, I had two stadiums built in FM19(or FM20, can't quite remember) in the span of 5-7 years. Posted the images a while back, so if you want confirmation, then just have a search through my post history here.

As for expansions or building a new stadium, I'm certain there is no clear cut line to cross. In general, there are two keys, interest and financial (plus the "max expansion" set in the data files, viewable in the editor). If you regularly sell out the stadium and have continued success, then that will push it as more likely. The other part is how well of the club is, since both expansions, and especially, a new stadium costs a lot. Things can also depend on the attributes of the chairman/owner and how ambitious they are. Since there is a risk/reward in doing these things, the board might have reservations. Some times, all you need is a takeover before it's approved.

Building a stadium can also take a long time. Even after the board accepts, it can take several years before the paperwork and location is set, and even then it might take more years.

Only the 8,769 posts to check then! :P