FM Wonderkids of the past

9 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

julius aghahowa Was unreal in a couple of editions 

Thanks, I'm doing my own legends database and I'm including legends of football manager, so if you or anyone else can think of anymore, that would be great :D

11 hours ago, Chesters86 said:

One of my personal favourites was Kennedy Bakircioglü. I think it waa on CM 01/02 when all the Swedes were amazing,

There was a whole raft of them, Jonas Lunden too. Was it Sindre Loe Bing who could play everywhere? Alexander Farenaud too. Tommy Svindal Larsen and Lasee Olsen we’re amazing as were Pavel Brozek and Fernando Cavenaghi 

Off the top of my head, from CM99/00:

Javier Saviola

Tonton Zola Moukoko

Kennedy Bakircioglu

Zlatan Muslimovic

Andri Sigporsson

Simon Davies

Matthew Etherington

Sharbel Touma

There were many more, but these were my 'go to' players that I would try and sign every time I started a new save.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/08/2021 at 17:41, Geordieboy52 said:

There was a whole raft of them, Jonas Lunden too. Was it Sindre Loe Bing who could play everywhere? Alexander Farenaud too. Tommy Svindal Larsen and Lasee Olsen we’re amazing as were Pavel Brozek and Fernando Cavenaghi 

You left off Kim Kallstrom. He was my go to for every save back then.

kerlon and cesar delgado come to mind. Actually saw Delgado play irl (for Cruz Azul), seemed very good but was a flop when he moved to Europe from what I remember. John Fleck was another go-to name, though he turned out alright. Oskarsson was the best though.

10 hours ago, SergeiG said:

carlos fierro was a beast in FM12

Amusingly, FM keeps falling for Carlos Fierro. In both of my FM20 San Jose Earthquakes saves, he ended up developing into a beast, at least by MLS standards, and I ended up selling him to Premier League teams. As an aside, I may be the only person out there to do multiple San Jose Earthquakes saves in FM20.

On 13/09/2021 at 21:42, kentonizking said:

Oh yeah. Not sure where that came from.

I remembered the Greek researcher got into trouble, it must have been over how good he was! 

At some point during the pandemic lockdown, I had been playing so much FM20 I forgot that Phil Foden was a real person. It just sounds like such a newgen name.

I don't know if t really counts but I've had a save in 2008 with sheffield united where Billy Sharpe got a golden booth. I can't remember if his attributes where that good or he simply over achieved. But he was a lethal combo with the ageing Wayne Rooney, won a couple of CL's with them

On 19/09/2021 at 13:45, Harper said:

But the Legendary Billy Sharp is only 3-4 months younger than Rooney. So they were both aged?

Apparently they where 😂 It's almost 13 years ago, so I don't have everything so sharp 😉 anymore.