club takeover??

i am playing Barnet in VNL. only second season and we are playing well this season and will get promoted in the form continues.

i keep getting media rumours about the club being taken over or the chairman denying it from time to time. my question is does this mean there is something going on in the background? also why would anyone want to buy a VNL club?

It's something that can happen in the game, as in real life. Sometimes the owner want to sell, other times someone wants to take over the club for whatever reason. You cannot impact it, though, so just continue as normal and whatever happens happens.

Its a good thing, mate. I played Siena in fm 20. We were poor AF. No money for transfers, and i got stuck in in Serie B. So made "unethical" deals, and after 1 season the club just gone bankrupt. I did this twice, then a rich guy take over the club and i got 25 million euro for transfers. Its a lot in Serie B. I even promoted the next season. 

Sounds like the owner is looking to sell but there isn't anything concrete yet.

Plenty of reasons people would want to buy a VNL club though. They may be looking at it as a business opportunity, wouldn't make millions but if run well could still make some money and would be significantly cheaper to buy than team in a higher division. They may just want it as a hobby or something, again potentially they don't have the money to buy a higher club (I'd definitely buy a football club if I could afford to, what league it was in wouldn't really affect that!). Perhaps they really want to invest and push it up the divisions, Hoffenheim is an example of that in Germany. Or maybe they're just locals so have an affinity for the team (eg. Neville, Giggs etc. buying Salford).

Edited by rusty217