Football Manager 2022 Teaser Trailer

Don't think anyone is opposed to UI and other small improvements but it's not the first time SI shows that as a headline feature or the focus of a teaser trailer. And yes FM is a great game, the best of the genre on the market but there are still so much room for improvement, just check the user suggestions on the forums. Let's wait and see I might buy it after the classic 3 patches wait.

4 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

At least to see some change in the graphic of the 3D

I played CM/FM before even the 2D match engine and I no I don't need "FIFA graphics" but the 3D match engine still looks like a game from 2010.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Slifer said:

Don't think anyone is opposed to UI and other small improvements but it's not the first time SI shows that as a headline feature or the focus of a teaser trailer. And yes FM is a great game, the best of the genre on the market but there are still so much room for improvement, just check the user suggestions on the forums. Let's wait and see I might buy it after the classic 3 patches wait.

I played CM/FM before even the 2D match engine and I no I don't need "FIFA graphics" but the 3D match engine still looks like a game from 2010.

I dont want also FIFA graphics

But im expecting to see some change in the 3D, better grass, lightning, stadiums.. 

Will this be fixed finally:  Board selling a player against my will and then board and fans blaming me for selling that player?

This kept happening for years and years now, and always makes me quit the game until the next one comes out, and then it happens again.

1 minute ago, nimbleshadow said:

Will this be fixed finally:  Board selling a player against my will and then board and fans blaming me for selling that player?

This kept happening for years and years now, and always makes me quit the game until the next one comes out, and then it happens again.

Have you reported this in the Bugs forum before?

Just now, FrazT said:

Have you reported this in the Bugs forum before?

Was reported by multiple other players over the years, but ok, next time when it happens I'll provide the save. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Slifer said:

It's not about graphics, it's the animations that make it look "older". Graphical quality is less significant for the accurate representation of what the simulation is doing. It's harder to add thousands of new animations, and animated transitions between every two possibly consecutive keyframes that represent player decisions on the pitch, to make it look more fluid and realistic. That really is a lot of work, but that's what lacks when you watch 3D simulation. That's what makes it look "blocky" or "janky".

33 minutes ago, nimbleshadow said:

Was reported by multiple other players over the years, but ok, next time when it happens I'll provide the save. Thanks.

It's not about graphics, it's the animations that make it look "older". Graphical quality is less significant for the accurate representation of what the simulation is doing. It's harder to add thousands of new animations, and animated transitions between every two possibly consecutive keyframes that represent player decisions on the pitch, to make it look more fluid and realistic. That really is a lot of work, but that's what lacks when you watch 3D simulation. That's what makes it look "blocky" or "janky".

Thanks- the more that it is reported with relevant saves, the more chance it has of being reviewed

19 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Couldn't you just create the club, add a new manager for the club you want to play as (or unemployed) and then retire the manager from the created club?

I'd like to be able to make multiple teams through there since it's a lot easier and with the current set-up, you can only make one.

Edited by FM21_Scout

Considering the teaser, I think there will be changes to the staff relations & transfers.

Will there be major changes as the community wishes, or just some fluff over bizarre UI changes - like this year's team talks/ interviews ?! We have to wait and see the full new features breakdown.

I personally hope for an improvement of set pieces - I think a complete new logic and a new UI panels are needed for set pieces, but I will be grateful for some improvements and bug fixes in this department.

I am scared by the new WCB position - new additions to tactical aspect of the game will bring more bugs. More bugs means more time to wait for a fix and I'm afraid the game will be kind of bad for a couple of month - like the FB/DM rating issue from last winter, key stats issue at release. I hope it will not be the case, but I am afraid after the FM21 experience.

Edited by BuzzR
spelling

If I remember correctly, last year's teaser was pretty underwhelming too. It wasn't until the blog posts that detailed some of the match engine changes, which later turned out to be one of the best in years, that people actually got excited. I'd suggest waiting until we know for sure what the headline features actually are, before throwing all your toys out. :D

4 hours ago, BuzzR said:

I personally hope for an improvement of set pieces - I think a complete new logic and a new UI panels are needed for set pieces, but I will be grateful for some improvements and bug fixes in this department.

I highly doubt there will be any improvement on set pieces. It's been bad for a long long time and every year upon release there will be exploit set pieces tactics that let's you score unrealistic goals, EVERY YEAR!

On 23/09/2021 at 15:32, Daveincid said:

It doesn't matter what they show, I'm dissapointed anyway...dissapointed that it still takes months (feeling: YEARS) until it's out:D

I think they optimized a lot of existing data to be represented better, which is awesome! 

I'm just disappointed that I can't play FM22 with your patches right out of the box! :lol:

vor 9 Minuten schrieb DarJ:

How long do you think it would take roughly since you have data from fm20 and FM21?

1. This isn't the thread for my files^^
2. As soon as I open the FM22-Editor I have a rough idea, everything else is pure speculation.

On 24/09/2021 at 18:37, mintchip said:

Just curious, what did you see in the ME that made it look 'MUCH better'?

It's hard to ascertain anything concrete from such a short teaser but the movement looks better for a start. It just felt smoother. Obviously, I'm going to be a lone voice on this by thinking the ME has improved. It certainly needs more work to bring it up to modern standards. That engine was developed around a decade ago (see screenshot from 2010). Today, most systems have a lot more processing power in the trunk and also we have the emergence of cloud gaming. SI could conceivably take this engine up a few notches. 

Another area of the game I feel needs an overhaul is injuries. Currently, I can't start a new game until I've got Dave's or Majestic's injury modifiers editor data loaded. This increases the frequency and adds modern injuries based on real life data. Where are the warm-up injuries? Where are the players breaking down 10 minutes after suffering a "minor" injury in a game? (Reece James today vs Man City for example). This actually may be programmed in but I've never seen it in my current save. Why don't goalkeepers EVER get injured? 

Edited by mightypvfc

Il y a 21 heures, GOODNAME a dit :

I dont want also FIFA graphics

But im expecting to see some change in the 3D, better grass, lightning, stadiums.. 

I expected something better than mobile Game Like Dream Soccer League or Score Héros and Score Match before thinking of reducing the GAP on Fifa or Pes They have a lot to learn from this two Mobile game (à lot of détails on them ) 

Edited by destmez

2 hours ago, mightypvfc said:

It's hard to ascertain anything concrete from such a short teaser but the movement looks better for a start. It just felt smoother.

Agreed.  I feel that the movement in FM21 was so much better than FM20 that I really have a hard time going backwards.

For all the complaints I read here about the graphic engine, my experience is that things are actually getting a lot better.  If you want to compare, go watch random Lollujo videos from the last 5 editions.  SI should receive credit for improvements that they have made, in my opinion.

The same goes for the match engine itself.  I'll never get tired of those lob goals.

il y a 14 minutes, Daniel Evensen a dit :

Agreed.  I feel that the movement in FM21 was so much better than FM20 that I really have a hard time going backwards.

For all the complaints I read here about the graphic engine, my experience is that things are actually getting a lot better.  If you want to compare, go watch random Lollujo videos from the last 5 editions.  SI should receive credit for improvements that they have made, in my opinion.

The same goes for the match engine itself.  I'll never get tired of those lob goals.

FM17 has better graphic from my perspective

3 hours ago, mightypvfc said:

Today, most systems have a lot more processing power

you do realize that most people play on cheap laptops right? that's why the game is accessible to a lot of people. So if they were to make massive improvement to it they'll be losing a lot of customers 

I play in 2D so I don't care about graphic improvements but I do agree that at the least they should add more animations so the graphic engine can display what's going on in the match engine properly

il y a 1 minute, janrzm a dit :

I think for now we need to hope there's more to it than that. 😂 I'm sure there will be. 

i hope too ! but why they will change their way of promoting the game ? last couple of years all news features we're into the trailer

The lack of development around the graphical depiction of the ME is now becoming extremely disappointing.

An improvement in this area would be transformational in terms of player experience. 

I would love to better understand why progress here is slower than you might expect for a best-selling game.

Btw - I get that the underlying processing of the ME is complex. Even if all else failed, surely you could just add an additional graphical layer on top as a render? …heck, you could probably even license some existing code and sit it on top? What am I missing here? Why is the graphical representation so far short of what you’d expect from a game (Even a strategy game) in 2021?

As an extension of the above, is there not something to be said for total focus/prioritisation around one aspect of the game that needs most attention? 

The game has now suffered 5 years of feature creep, minor steps forward (and back!) around UI/training/naming taxonomies/transfer systems/brexit/the list goes on…

…it’s a dance I have danced too many times!

Instead, FM is overdue a meaningful, transformational step forward around what matters most: the 90 minutes of action around which your entire world as a manager revolves!

If you ask what I mean tangibly, if I were Miles I would have spent the last 12 months building a partnership with a best-in-class graphics studio. Today I would have unveiled a step change in how the underlying ME is represented to your eyes and ears. 

4 hours ago, Chesters86 said:

Nothing in there really got me excited for this version of FM, maybe it's because I solely play FM Touch.

If it is like recent previous years it would be like the editor, only learn what of the new enhancements are in the full FM will be in FMT/classic, on launch day. Last year they did release before hand, because several users here pressure SI do so. Let’s hope they do release information without the need of pressure of the community, this year.

Il y a 23 heures, nimbleshadow a dit :

It happn IRL too 

On 24/09/2021 at 13:18, HUNT3R said:

Remember, it's teaser - as stated in the title. It's not a feature reveal. The "Headline Features" videos/blogs are the videos/blogs that announce the main new features.

Don't post it as some great new arrival, showing amazing things then if will get upset at the 0 new features.

I must agree with the people who were expecting some major improvements in graphics/animations.

For more than 20 years of playing this game I use my imagination when watching games. 3D graphics are just bad looking.

I can't use my imagination anymore that much. I am not kid anymore, my imagination attribute dropped from 20 to 10.

There are always levels of details low/medium/high if the game is too demanding for some PC.

Edited by Marko1989

2 hours ago, Tonton_Zola said:

what matters most: the 90 minutes of action around which your entire world as a manager revolves!

It depends on the point of view. In reality, these 90 minutes are very important for that people who watch a match in the stadium or those who watch a match at TV. For a manager those 90 minutes are important but as much as important are also many other aspects, including a lot of "minutes" before the game, a lot of "minutes" after the game and, generally speaking, almost all 365 days of the year. To be honest, it's not important to see "better" stadiums or grass color or shadows or anything like that. It's important to see what effect have various configurations of positions, roles, duties, traits, instructions, shouts and so on. If I can't see that then I don't give a dime for an useless superextragalatical graphical view. From this point of view FM21 was better than FM20, and FM20 was better than FM19. I hope FM22 will be better than FM21.

Edited by GreenTriangle

il y a 50 minutes, GreenTriangle a dit :

It depends on the point of view. In reality, these 90 minutes are very important for that people who watch a match in the stadium or those who watch a match at TV. For a manager those 90 minutes are important but as much as important are also many other aspects, including a lot of "minutes" before the game, a lot of "minutes" after the game and, generally speaking, almost all 365 days of the year. To be honest, it's not important to see "better" stadiums or grass color or shadows or anything like that. It's important to see what effect have various configurations of positions, roles, duties, traits, instructions, shouts and so on. If I can't see that then I don't give a dime for an useless superextragalatical graphical view. From this point of view FM21 was better than FM20, and FM20 was better than FM19. I hope FM22 will be better than FM21.

" To be honest, it's not important to see "better" stadiums or grass color or shadows or anything like that." 

I would agree but there is downgrade from FM-17 how we can explain this ? 

10 hours ago, GreenTriangle said:

I understand the sentiment, but wonder if it risks being a slightly obtuse point.

Very simply, the 90 min football match is where all your work as manager is shown, measured and (hopefully) enjoyed! I can’t think of many things more important than that to a football manager simulation game!

All frustrations aside, I would genuinely love somebody to explain to me why this hasn’t moved on. Is it because they don’t have enough resources around graphics? Is it because the AI means there are limitations to what they can output? Is it because SI feels that adding a new positional preset (wide cb) or a reworked UI layer (data hub) is….more significant?!

I am not a dev so may be wildly off beam, but what I find confusing is this:

even if this is a limitation ‘under the hood’, at a superficial level a talented group of coders could surely build a graphical render that would take the existing 3D output as an input and deliver something far prettier + more immersive to our eyes? It might be a fraction of a second ‘behind’ the processed depiction, but to the end user it is imperceptible…

thoughts?

Edited by Tonton_Zola

On 24/09/2021 at 19:40, Slifer said:

Yeah - I mean…

If, after a year of development, one of the very few things you choose to ‘tease’ is the addition of a highly nuanced positional preset then - well - you’re either got a badly misfiring marketing department or you don’t have a great deal to show.

11 hours ago, destmez said:

If a mobile can run that ! We could do better with FM 

Just look at the détails Cutscene ’ intro ’ players présentation etc... fm had a lot of potential 

Totally. SI could acquire any number of small footie game publishers and take the graphical IP/talent etc. 

il y a 1 minute, Tonton_Zola a dit :

Totally. SI could acquire any number of small footie game publishers and take the graphical IP/talent etc. 

1 .the vision of the bosses is very important for the development of one I learned that he had recruited two important people that is why I am waiting for FM23

2. I am not understand where is the " insult " 

3. He should ask where are these talent in order to hire them maybe .

4. He should use à community manager ( Miles )Screenshot_20210926-025438_Twitter.thumb.jpg.5e7bbe482e89cd84a8fafc85b35d3754.jpg

11 hours ago, GreenTriangle said:

Simply not true. To create a true simulation experience the immersion has to be much better. 

There is no difference in managing in different leagues or countries, everything feels and looks the same. Whether you are managing in the Premier League or managing a game in the Copa Libatadores....you see or feel no difference. Every stadium is the same, every match day build up feels the same. There is no difference between a league match or a cup final...

The immersion is a huge part of a game and it just fails badly in FM. As someone else said, if you experienced the first match engine 10 years or so ago, you would be licking your lips as to thinking how good it would of been by now...but 10 years later and it’s arguably worse than when it was introduced. How is that possible??

On 26/09/2021 at 00:40, destmez said:

" To be honest, it's not important to see "better" stadiums or grass color or shadows or anything like that." 

I would agree but there is downgrade from FM-17 how we can explain this ? 

This is the crux of the matter for me.  FM17's matchday experience was extremely well done, graphically.  We had many different options to tweak the visuals, and 16 different camera angles to choose from when watching our matches.

Then FM18 comes along and those options were removed and the matchday graphics went horribly backwards.  It seems FM19, 20, and 21 have had very few updates to those retrograded graphics that occurred between FM17 and FM18.  I'm not talking about the ME logic or animations here, which have indeed improved, but purely speaking from a visual PoV.  I'd love to hear a reason why SI did what they did between FM17 & FM18 because the match day aesthetics are very important part of the whole football manager experience for a lot of players.

No one expects FIFA graphics.  But a return to where they left off in FM17 would be welcome, I'm sure.

hace 3 horas, Erimus1876 dijo:

This is the crux of the matter for me.  FM17's matchday experience was extremely well done, graphically.  We had many different options to tweak the visuals, and 16 different camera angles to choose from when watching our matches.

Then FM18 comes along and those options were removed and the matchday graphics went horribly backwards.  It seems FM19, 20, and 21 have had very few updates to those retrograded graphics that occurred between FM17 and FM18.  I'm not talking about the ME logic or animations here, which have indeed improved, but purely speaking from a visual PoV.  I'd love to hear a reason why SI did what they did between FM17 & FM18 because the match day aesthetics are very important part of the whole football manager experience for a lot of players.

No one expects FIFA graphics.  But a return to where they left off in FM17 would be welcome, I'm sure.

LMA Manager 2007 may have a low resolution and bad textures but the quality of the graphics and animation are way better

В 25.09.2021 в 10:29, BuzzR сказал:

Considering the teaser, I think there will be changes to the staff relations & transfers.

Will there be major changes as the community wishes, or just some fluff over bizarre UI changes - like this year's team talks/ interviews ?! We have to wait and see the full new features breakdown.

I am scared by the new WCB position - new additions to tactical aspect of the game will bring more bugs. More bugs means more time to wait for a fix and I'm afraid the game will be kind of bad for a couple of month - like the FB/DM rating issue from last winter, key stats issue at release. I hope it will not be the case, but I am afraid after the FM21 experience.

oh man, I hope for set pieces changes for last 6-7 years))
I remember CM10 which had outstanding set pieces editor where you can set instructions for all your players step be step - where to run, what to do with the ball etc, and after this you can view how this instructions work in 3d mode, so it's not general instructions like here, where you have to watch tens of games to understand how it works, but you could prepare and watch how it works before you apply it in the match.
I had some great set pieces routines which allowed me to score some important goals at that time.

6 hours ago, Tonton_Zola said:

Very simply, the 90 min football match is where all your work as manager is shown, measured and (hopefully) enjoyed!

Indeed, I'm truly convinced that I would feel much better after a defeat if this defeat would be graphically represented in an improved way. I imagine I would think, "eh, what does it matter we lost as long as I was able to see this defeat so clearly and realistically ?"

6 minutes ago, GreenTriangle said:

Indeed, I'm truly convinced that I would feel much better after a defeat if this defeat would be graphically represented in an improved way. I imagine I would think, "eh, what does it matter we lost as long as I was able to see this defeat so clearly and realistically ?"

I wanna see my PF sweat!

I would like to see more realism.  More realistic injuries and manager sackings, I don't want them to be "turned down" to something like 70-80% of what they are in real life. 

I would also like to feel like there is a real difference between managing teams in different leagues and countries, more sackings in certain countries (Italy?) for example.

And for the match sounds to be overhauled, at the moment there is no difference between a non-league game and a Premier League game.  I know most people play with music on and sounds is not a priority for many but maybe more would play with the match day sounds on if they were better?