*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about AI counter any tactics -most probably not-. But I've seen AI use substitutes more often as I see in match. As far as I remember Miles mentions defenders more aware in some situations in twitch I think it somehow limited central play.

Rashidi mentions in one of his videos inverted wingers now in narrow -central position- than in 2021 but then how come central play is not as good as in 2021. :idiot:

Edited by baris28

The only complaint I have is one that appeared to annoy a lot of people is the lack of attendance information while in the match and on the results screen.  I appreciate it can be found in match reports but since the new UI it's gone missing in other parts where it was in the previous UI.  This was complained about last year and still hasn't been fixed.  I'd appreciate it if this could be looked at to be corrected.

It really is annoying not to be able to see this, and it might not be the most important piece of data but it gives a good indication of how the fans look at your club over the years.

8 minutes ago, Tez01979 said:

The only complaint I have is one that appeared to annoy a lot of people is the lack of attendance information while in the match and on the results screen.  I appreciate it can be found in match reports but since the new UI it's gone missing in other parts where it was in the previous UI.  This was complained about last year and still hasn't been fixed.  I'd appreciate it if this could be looked at to be corrected.

It really is annoying not to be able to see this, and it might not be the most important piece of data but it gives a good indication of how the fans look at your club over the years.

That is in now if you select "Match stats" in the tablet.

image.thumb.png.73273a23293334e2a96486998c3d07f0.png

5 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

@craiigman @Alfredo James

I have raised my "experiment" with regards to the lack of central play in the bugs forum and can be seen Here, by those of you who want to keep an eye on how the situation develops.

6 hours ago, Alfredo James said:

@SebastianRO I just wanna start off by saying that i appreciate sebastian taking the time to actually analyze the game and elaborate/clarify on his issues with the FM22 ME. I would also like to state first that i personally did not feel there was a lack of central play from my own experiences playing FM22 so far. 

Upon reading his analysis, I had some gripes with the fact that he did not instruct his team to specifically 'Focus play through the middle' and 'look for underlaps'. the attacking formation was also not set to 'very narrow'. Thus, i decided to do my own analysis on whether there is a lack of centre play in FM22 relative to FM21.

I used the vertical tiki taka preset tactic which includes instructions to specifically 'Focus play through the middle' and 'look for underlaps'. The attacking formation was also set to 'very narrow'.

1292935146_Screenshot(64).thumb.png.6b36004157578ef49bec50739a0899e8.png

Fm21^
1826666967_Screenshot(66).thumb.png.53dea56b89447c15f0f61e0a2667af1f.png

FM22^

With that, i simulated a few games to see what would happen here are the results. 233311214_Screenshot(63).thumb.png.20666400df54635b3428403f319f61b6.png

Fm21^

1634122886_Screenshot(65).thumb.png.ded9e3983966b8a5147f8ae1615d7bf2.png

Fm22^

With that , we can analyze that with the same tactic, and specific instructions to play narrow and through the middle. Fm22 was only able to make central final third entries 20% of the time, where as in fm21, it was 60% of the time. Thus, from my short analysis, I can conclude that there is indeed a lack of central play in FM22. I will paste this into the bugs forum and i hope @SebastianRO and others could raise this up too so that it will get looked at and possibly fixed. 

Surely there would be no room in the middle of the park for the players to play through, thus going wide to the full backs who are in more space. A narrow formation like that is just easy to defend.

game is really laggy when you go to any screen with a lot of info on it, my PC has 16GB of RAM before you ask so I know it's not an issue on that front.

clicked on schedule and it took like 3 minutes to load, player stats detailed at the end of the season took about 4 minutes to load, it's really sketchy. 

26 minutes ago, XaW said:

Thanks.  I did not notice that:)

Edit - Seems you can't get to it in any matches that have already been played, so say you want to see another teams attendance for a particular game, then you still have to get the match report.

Edited by Tez01979

3 minutes ago, ManicStreetFootballFan said:

game is really laggy when you go to any screen with a lot of info on it, my PC has 16GB of RAM before you ask so I know it's not an issue on that front.

clicked on schedule and it took like 3 minutes to load, player stats detailed at the end of the season took about 4 minutes to load, it's really sketchy. 

This is a known bug Si are working on.

I am finding that starting out with a Sunday player rep and no coaching badges, I am not able to get a job.  I have only applied to lower league coaching jobs.  I am not sure if this is intended or if I have something not set up right.

Suggestions appreciated.

18 minutes ago, hursty2 said:

Surely there would be no room in the middle of the park for the players to play through, thus going wide to the full backs who are in more space. A narrow formation like that is just easy to defend.

Is that what you are seeing when watching IRL football ? Teams that never even bother penetrating through the middle ? Creative players not even trying a through ball between the CBs into space for a striker ? Aren't there any succesful teams in past and present who predominantly use centrak midfield overloads ? Are these things you never see in football ? Have you yourself never played a diamond system or something similar ? A narrow formation like that with the right players for it, will absolutely anihilate most of it's oponents as it directly exploits the golden central spaces- i.e Real Madrid who won the UCL in 2016. I have tried this formation with top flight teams like Juventus and Barcelona and the result was the same regardless. It's not that there is no space for my players to try and pass through, it's simply a case of them chosing not to. I saw it in every single match. People have posted videos and Gifs about it on this exact same forum ...

I still see a lot of players slipping when they go sprinting.

The game still happens a lot on the sides of the field even with the instructions to play through the middle, luck that there are goals from long shots. I hope that for the final version this is adjusted, because this ME is very good!

25 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

Is that what you are seeing when watching IRL football ? Teams that never even bother penetrating through the middle ? Creative players not even trying a through ball between the CBs into space for a striker ? Aren't there any succesful teams in past and present who predominantly use centrak midfield overloads ? Are these things you never see in football ? Have you yourself never played a diamond system or something similar ? A narrow formation like that with the right players for it, will absolutely anihilate most of it's oponents as it directly exploits the golden central spaces- i.e Real Madrid who won the UCL in 2016. I have tried this formation with top flight teams like Juventus and Barcelona and the result was the same regardless. It's not that there is no space for my players to try and pass through, it's simply a case of them chosing not to. I saw it in every single match. People have posted videos and Gifs about it on this exact same forum ...

Not saying it's wrong but that's what I would expect to see, even this video of Real Madrid's 15/16 campaign shows a lot of goals from wide areas. 

Obviously it doesn't show the build up but I'd say that their whole plan was to draw players central then move it wide in the last third for their elite finishers to score. 

Couple of little things that need to be changed in the database:

1. Aidy Boothroyd is still England U21 manager, when it should be Lee Carsley with Ashley Cole as his assistant.

2. Jana Lehman (physio at FC Magdeburg) has 1992 set as her birth year when it should be 1982.

Most of my other complaints have been mentioned by others like lag, staff search scrolling back to the top etc. It doesn’t look like we can ask the board to allow more Sports Scientists, which was something that bothered me with FM21 too, so I’d like to see that changed.

28 minutes ago, Smaldini said:

Couple of little things that need to be changed in the database:

1. Aidy Boothroyd is still England U21 manager, when it should be Lee Carsley with Ashley Cole as his assistant.

2. Jana Lehman (physio at FC Magdeburg) has 1992 set as her birth year when it should be 1982.

Most of my other complaints have been mentioned by others like lag, staff search scrolling back to the top etc. It doesn’t look like we can ask the board to allow more Sports Scientists, which was something that bothered me with FM21 too, so I’d like to see that changed.

Please report these in the relevant Data Issues forum as they wont get seen here

I don't think in all levels of football in the world IW intention by going narrow only mean to open space for wide players. It would be very repetitive&robotic in game and real life. Then by going all wide it somehow open space in the middle?. In FM'21 it didn't need very special instructions to see through balls, it was all natural and balanced by AI controlled youth team and player controlled senior squad.

1 saat önce, hursty2 said:

Not saying it's wrong but that's what I would expect to see, even this video of Real Madrid's 15/16 campaign shows a lot of goals from wide areas. 

Obviously it doesn't show the build up but I'd say that their whole plan was to draw players central then move it wide in the last third for their elite finishers to score. 

Edited by baris28

10 hours ago, dkouv said:

Not quite sure what to make of the game so far, some things are nice and smooth (processing / ME animations), but overall the interface seems more cluttered and it takes longer to do things than in FM21, so I'm enjoying it less than the previous version. Here are some annoying things I noticed about the interface, not sure if they are bugs are not so I'm putting them here just in case I just didn't see the option to change it (in which case let me know!!)

1. Scouting meetings

- I can't get to see the scouted player's attributes in the report window, only the A/B/C rating and the star rating. Pretty sure I could do this before, but now I need to click on the player and back every time, which is a lot of clicking around

- All the scouting messages are coming straight to my inbox one by one, instead of waiting for a scouting meeting - even if I select them to come into the meeting or not come up at all in the meeting options

2. Staff meetings

Just really tiresome and boring, it would be great to have the FM21 option where these just come up as a long list on one page so that you can quickly scroll and see if there is anything interesting. Otherwise it feels like I'm literally in a boring office job sitting in a boring meeting, I don't need any of this in my free time! :D I will probably just set them to never eventually, which is also not ideal as you miss some useful information this way

3. Monthly financial update - is that gone? Don't think I've received one yet in FM22, and it was a useful feature.

4. ME. It's nice to see more wide play and headers being scored, but it feels a bit unbalanced at the moment, in the following ways:

- Not seeing as many "nice" goals from through balls as in FM21

- Seeing too many goals from corners, and too many from long shots

So, in a nutshell, feels like a bit of a downgrade from FM21 at the moment, but then FM21 was the best version for ages, so 22 is still good and will hopefully eclipse its predecessor after a few updates ))

There is definitely monthly updates . I've had them . It could tie in with meetings or an option in the finance section 

4 hours ago, Tez01979 said:

Thanks.  I did not notice that:)

Edit - Seems you can't get to it in any matches that have already been played, so say you want to see another teams attendance for a particular game, then you still have to get the match report.

Schedules 

On 23/10/2021 at 04:38, Peter G said:

Anyone able to help with installing Logo Pack.

I've copied it into a graphics file in my documents > FM22 > Graphics > Graphics > Logos

But it's not loading when I refresh in preferences?

Make sure all folders are in lower case 

35 minutes ago, d879moore said:

What??!! How did you get so much info on the tablet? I've only got 2 columns that I can change.

16350447113081512874350935402225.jpg

Its due to the screen resolution settings. My laptop only ever has very few bits and bobs on the tablet because I can't set the screen resolution to anything higher or lower (which ever I need to).

For a game that has no central play I wish someone would tell my defence because we seem to concede a whole lot straight down the middle from through balls.

I just had a really strange bug happen unrelated to the ME.

I have a player on loan who has a future optional fee arranged IRL and in game. He got injured close to the end of the season and his club recalled him.

The loan can't be terminated according to the loan contract...is this a bug or because he got injured and that allows them to do that?

Also meant my future transfer was cancelled too...I had to save scum.

54 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

For a game that has no central play I wish someone would tell my defence because we seem to concede a whole lot straight down the middle from through balls.

I just had a really strange bug happen unrelated to the ME.

I have a player on loan who has a future optional fee arranged IRL and in game. He got injured close to the end of the season and his club recalled him.

The loan can't be terminated according to the loan contract...is this a bug or because he got injured and that allows them to do that?

Also meant my future transfer was cancelled too...I had to save scum.

Can be recalled / Loan cannot be terminated are two seperate options when the load is negotiated.  The "loan can't be terminated" clause means that the loaning club (you) cannot terminate the loan.  Unless "cannot be recalled" was set when the loan was agreed, the parent club can still recall him.

8 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Can be recalled / Loan cannot be terminated are two seperate options when the load is negotiated.  The "loan can't be terminated" clause means that the loaning club (you) cannot terminate the loan.  Unless "cannot be recalled" was set when the loan was agreed, the parent club can still recall him.

This makes sense thanks.

Really not enjoying it. The same issues have been in the game for years. AI clinical while our Haaland or Reus miss 1v1 and easy goals, injuries, interactions are the same as 20, you're too often cornered during interactions, between a bad answer and a stupid promise (or even only promises...) and we all know how promises go in that game,...

Regretting going back to that game after skipping 21. I see not much has changed outside of some visuals.

Still can't watch replays in full and you can only choose comprehensive etc. Attempting to do so will just make the replay skip ahead so you have to rewind.

I don't understand - why is watching full replays discouraged? Are there people complaining about watching a full replay? It boggles my mind that it's been disabled since FM 21.

I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but the confirm button on the scouting centre card page is back to jumping around when you click them, just as it was a couple a years ago. IE you can't just keep the pointer still and click several times to confirm the reports, but you have to move the pointer to the left or right. It's a minor thing, but an annoying one.

fritz.png

Edited by Viking
my hovercraft is full of eels

8 hours ago, XaW said:

Hi @XaW are that custom match panels you are already using to have 6 panels (instead of default three i have) or do you just run a very large resolution?

If case 1... Could you Point me to the mod you are using?

6 minutes ago, Viking said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but the confirm button on the scouting centre card page is back to jumping around when you click them, just as it was a couple a years ago. IE you can't just keep the pointer still and click several times to confirm the reports, but you have to move the pointer to the left or right. It's a minor thing, but an annoying one.

fritz.png

I think this is annoying enough to report in the bug tracker 

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

8 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

I've even seen a lot of central players run wide when it's not necessary just to put in a cross

45 minutes ago, Viking said:

fritz.png

To add to this, when I look at my scouting cards in ''list'' the acknowledge box disappears.

Absolutely buzzing with this beta. I'm struggling to find any bugs at all minus some of the player loading times that have previously been mentioned. 

I also want to say thanks to the developers for finally sorting out the smoothness of the match engine graphics. The past 3 FM's have struggled with lag and stuttering for a lot of users (mainly with Nvidia GPU's), but it seems they have been completely ironed out. This match engine is completely polished! Great work! 

2 minutes ago, bakersdozen22 said:

Absolutely buzzing with this beta. I'm struggling to find any bugs at all minus some of the player loading times that have previously been mentioned. 

I also want to say thanks to the developers for finally sorting out the smoothness of the match engine graphics. The past 3 FM's have struggled with lag and stuttering for a lot of users (mainly with Nvidia GPU's), but it seems they have been completely ironed out. This match engine is completely polished! Great work! 

:thup: Good to know, it's for this reason I was waiting until full release so could try the demo before deciding to buy or not. 

10 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

Maybe a silly question, but how do you not notice how  clunky and slow clicking from menu to menu  is within the game, before release?

I've played a whole season and it's only noticeable on two screens a third has issues that are barely noticeable and a fourth only became apparent late into the season. Not like it's every menu screen.

Plus Miles said on the stream there were known bugs that they would fix for full release but wouldnt get chance before beta, this I only have to assume is one of them as the stats pages for players and teams make the game hang for 30 seconds to a minute at times.

10 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I've played a whole season and it's only noticeable on two screens a third has issues that are barely noticeable and a fourth only became apparent late into the season. Not like it's every menu screen.

Plus Miles said on the stream there were known bugs that they would fix for full release but wouldnt get chance before beta, this I only have to assume is one of them as the stats pages for players and teams make the game hang for 30 seconds to a minute at times.

I find it alot slowly than fm21. Delay after every click to load the next screen.

I have just finished one season in the VNN in England.

Really enjoying the game, it seems well polished and I have not noticed any real problems, a couple of very minor things.

The ME is very good although perhaps the passing and long shots seem a bit too good what is a very poor level of football

23 minutes ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Is anybody else noticing extremely disjointed individual mentalities for players in the AM/ST strata in the FM 2022 BETA?

Likely just an UI bug, as mentioned here by Rashidi. Also reported here and here, perhaps it's worth adding your examples as well.

6 hours ago, d879moore said:

What??!! How did you get so much info on the tablet? I've only got 2 columns that I can change.

16350447113081512874350935402225.jpg

2 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Hi @XaW are that custom match panels you are already using to have 6 panels (instead of default three i have) or do you just run a very large resolution?

If case 1... Could you Point me to the mod you are using?

This is how it looks on default for me. I run my screen on 2560x1440 and I have 100% zoom in game. So that's just how it looks for me. No custom panels or anything else. Just a high resolution screen.

1 hour ago, BamBamBam said:

Maybe a silly question, but how do you not notice how  clunky and slow clicking from menu to menu  is within the game, before release?

Well, how do any bugs appear? For me this happens just every now and then, and on a few screens. I only get it on league stats, but I've seen others have it on other screens. So it might be linked to database setup vs computer setups, etc. Who knows really?

I'm puzzled by all the talk about lack of central play. I can see loads of play going through the center. It ends up out wide a lot just as it does in real life, as that's often where the most space is. But it still often lands back around the center where I'm seeing plenty of attempts at through balls. Not saying there isn't any issue, just that if there is it's certainly not glaringly obvious to me. Admittedly I'm a casual player and don't delve too deep in to things, but I have been watching football for over 30 years and in every single version prior to this I've noticed obvious issues. But this year the ME plays out the most realistic simulation of football I've seen in any football game so far. It really is quite satisfying to sit back and watch the matches unfold. 

5 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

I'm puzzled by all the talk about lack of central play. I can see loads of play going through the center. It ends up out wide a lot just as it does in real life, as that's often where the most space is. But it still often lands back around the center where I'm seeing plenty of attempts at through balls. Not saying there isn't any issue, just that if there is it's certainly not glaringly obvious to me. Admittedly I'm a casual player and don't delve too deep in to things, but I have been watching football for over 30 years and in every single version prior to this I've noticed obvious issues. But this year the ME plays out the most realistic simulation of football I've seen in any football game so far. It really is quite satisfying to sit back and watch the matches unfold. 

I think it depends on how your tactic is setup.

I adjusted my tactics a bit during a game and I saw more through balls through the middle 

3 hours ago, backpocket said:

Still can't watch replays in full and you can only choose comprehensive etc. Attempting to do so will just make the replay skip ahead so you have to rewind.

I don't understand - why is watching full replays discouraged? Are there people complaining about watching a full replay? It boggles my mind that it's been disabled since FM 21.

This is annoying I agree, have you posted it as a bug?