*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Liquid Cool:

Transfer meetings or staff meeting? The staff ones can be enabled in Staff -> Responsibilities -> Advice and Reports (at the very bottom). 

I haven't noticed any transfer meetings in FM22, other than the ones that occur around the transfer windows.

Ah, i saw only the one right at the start. They occur only around the transdfer windows.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Metal said:

Not enough injuries for me bit too unrealistic to only have a few players out every other fortnight.

Agree with this. I am getting no injuries at all playing with a part time team. My four training sessions a week are taken up by match prep and I'm just breezing through with my preferred 11 constantly fit. Even the stamina issues others are having are hardly impacting me. 

I honestly don't understand why the injury frequency isn't set in line with reality. Seems very strange when SI pride themselves on realism. Once the full game is here, the first thing I will do is download @majesticeternity's injuries file.

1 hour ago, Zemahh said:

Not really, just let us test the latest match engine, like we could during some of the previous betas. But I think SI quickly realized fixing issues on the go is like playing whack-a-mole and since people always keep finding things that could be better, they probably rather not even show it until it's final and locked in for at least a few months or whenever the first big update hits. Beta is not the latest version of the game even when it gets released, so god knows just how different the full game will actually be. Don't you think at least some of the most obnoxious issues such as huge slowdowns when trying to access certain screens, or broken Scouting Centre buttons could be fixed with a beta patch?

Beta's priority is always about the final release. It tales time to get a stable beta release, whereas internal testing (which wont be limited to SI only) you can get more aggressive, and not worry if an update even breaks a save. That doesn't mean Beta won't get an update, or updates mind.

39 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Agree with this. I am getting no injuries at all playing with a part time team. My four training sessions a week are taken up by match prep and I'm just breezing through with my preferred 11 constantly fit. Even the stamina issues others are having are hardly impacting me. 

I honestly don't understand why the injury frequency isn't set in line with reality. Seems very strange when SI pride themselves on realism. Once the full game is here, the first thing I will do is download @majesticeternity's injuries file.

Thank god for the modders.

My only explanation why they toned down the injuries is that SI want to make it easy for the casuals who don't want to miss out on playing their best 11 every game

Edited by Metal

44 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I honestly don't understand why the injury frequency isn't set in line with reality. Seems very strange when SI pride themselves on realism. 

Not even giving users the option to make the injury frequency realistic is very hard to understand. I know the reasoning is that people had complaints when injuries were at a realistic level; but again the issue here is actually education, educate people on how to manage fitness instead of taking the easy option of nerfing injuries.

Also the reasoning given for reducing injury rate doesn't really hold because it was explained that previously the number of long term injuries was too high compared to real life, so this contributed to the complaints. It would be extremely disappointing if SI decide to double down on this decision and not make injuries at a realistic level or at least give us the option. I made a feature request for it to be added to the editor last year so lets see if its in there but its unlikely. I think we should make a new feature request and get everyone interested to upvote/comment on the thread.

You have people in this thread complaining about fitness and injuries because of the changes to stamina but SI haven't given any guidance on how to manage fitness now so of course some people will complain. This is what led to me saying I hope SI don't decide to undo there stamina changes to some of the feedback.

Also if SI don't want to do the required education then please just make the injury level an option for users in the game setup/editor.

Edited by Platinum

4 hours ago, Liquid Cool said:

The processing after hitting continue is absolutely murdering my CPU. It seems to use 100% on every thread, no matter what I set the "Speed to process other teams' matches" setting to. 

Anyone else experiencing this? It makes it a bit tricky to do other things on the computer (like watching actual footy :D ) while things are processing in the background in the game.  

I recall this being an issue in earlier betas and eventually being resolved, though. 

What I used to do when my FM 21 got a little slow 40 years in the future was "dedicating" few threads to other things via Windows Task Manager. Taking even just one thread from FM was helping with streaming and other things. 

4 hours ago, ajw10 said:

I'm getting so bored of conceding the same goals. It's either long rangers or headers. 

Thought I'd cracked it, but I've gone back to conceding headers and long rangers again. Wish I could actually do something about it

11 hours ago, Zemahh said:

wouldn't it be good to test a few of those fixes before the full launch in 10 days? 

Who says fixes aren't being tested? Plus, as @themadsheep2001 said, Beta's point is to assist with getting the game ready for full launch, and historically, people have absolutely raged on here, social media, etc, when SI used to roll out lots of public beta patches, some of which ended up breaking some people's saves. 

3 hours ago, Metal said:

My only explanation why they toned down the injuries is that SI want to make it easy for the casuals who don't want to miss out on playing their best 11 every game

It's really not that toned down, it's set to 80% of real life. Of course you can avoid injuries if you don't train people too hard and let them rest, but that will also impact player's ability to develop.

3 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

It's really not that toned down, it's set to 80% of real life.

Yes, but why? Suspensions happen after 5 yellow cards in the game, as per real life. International breaks happen in line with real life. 

The third steam achievement I got after winning a game and keeping a clean sheet was the "no injuries for 2 months" one. I am coming up to December and I have had ONE injury in five months. 

Granted, I am doing light-ish training focused on match prep, but I get four sessions a week as a semi-pro team, so of course I am going to focus those on match prep. Even with the altered stamina - which is evident - I haven't had any injuries in match and only seen one or two for the opposition 20 games in.

Toning injuries down in a simulation when everything else is focussed on realism - to the point where important stats were taken away from the match screen on the last version on the basis that "managers can't see it in real-time during a match" just seems a really, really strange direction to go in, IMO.

image.png.fdc25ed4589c09750049fbbce29d7dd5.png

Edited by Junkhead

I'm playing as MTK and not had one of these fancy Deadline days they talked about. Gone through 3 deadline days just as normal. Am I doing something wrong? Not that I think the feature adds anything. Just wondered if it's a bug or you have to click "take part" lol 

5 minutes ago, styluz05 said:

I'm playing as MTK and not had one of these fancy Deadline days they talked about. Gone through 3 deadline days just as normal. Am I doing something wrong? Not that I think the feature adds anything. Just wondered if it's a bug or you have to click "take part" lol 

You have to take part in it to be a part of it

8 hours ago, Metal said:

This forum is in meltdown over injuries when they do leave them at a realistic level, with people claiming they are totally unrealistic etc and the games unplayable.

Hence they tone them down to 80% of real life.

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Yes, but why? Suspensions happen after 5 yellow cards in the game, as per real life. International breaks happen in line with real life. 

The third steam achievement I got after winning a game and keeping a clean sheet was the "no injuries for 2 months" one. I am coming up to December and I have had ONE injury in five months. 

Granted, I am doing light-ish training focused on match prep, but I get four sessions a week as a semi-pro team, so of course I am going to focus those on match prep. Even with the altered stamina - which is evident - I haven't had any injuries in match and only seen one or two for the opposition 20 games in.

Toning injuries down in a simulation when everything else is focussed on realism - to the point where important stats were taken away from the match screen on the last version on the basis that "managers can't see it in real-time during a match" just seems a really, really strange direction to go in, IMO.

image.png.fdc25ed4589c09750049fbbce29d7dd5.png

There's already been multiple posts complaining about the amount of injuries people's teams are having, if it mirrored real life, the place would be awash with complaints.  However, I would agree with you that it should be more in life with real life. There's usually a mod comes out which bumps up the percentages to a more realistic level. 

14 hours ago, john1 said:

Does anyone know how to get player performance request via data hub? As I am trying to find out stats from my players but yet nothing comes up :( Instead of comparing to the other clubs?

Like this?

28a7e905f35bd7cc400c0f688c8da4f9.jpg 

The date is the 24th June, which is usually the date the new season ticks over, this could be why there's no data, as much of the previous season's data is wiped at that point. 

8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There's already been multiple posts complaining about the amount of injuries people's teams are having, if it mirrored real life, the place would be awash with complaints.  However, I would agree with you that it should be more in life with real life. There's usually a mod comes out which bumps up the percentages to a more realistic level. 

The mod you're talking about is excellent, I think I just find it strange that the Developer goes down this route.  There were God knows how many complaints on the boards about Brexit over the last 5-6 years, yet they stuck to their guns on that - rightly - as it was realistic.  Whilst I understand that they need casual players to buy the game and want to keep complaints to  a minimum, there are a number of examples where they have done what is realistic regardless.  In fact, aside from the injury frequencies, I can't think of any other part of the game which doesn't mirror real life, regardless of what casuals or forum posters think.  Just seems a bit of a strange hill to die on, that's all.

11 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

The mod you're talking about is excellent, I think I just find it strange that the Developer goes down this route.  There were God knows how many complaints on the boards about Brexit over the last 5-6 years, yet they stuck to their guns on that - rightly - as it was realistic.  Whilst I understand that they need casual players to buy the game and want to keep complaints to  a minimum, there are a number of examples where they have done what is realistic regardless.  In fact, aside from the injury frequencies, I can't think of any other part of the game which doesn't mirror real life, regardless of what casuals or forum posters think.  Just seems a bit of a strange hill to die on, that's all.

Goalkeepers not being able to be sent off or get injured in a match doesn’t mirror real life. 

4 minutes ago, DP said:

Goalkeepers not being able to be sent off or get injured in a match doesn’t mirror real life. 

I've had keepers injured in matches before.  Not sent off though.  But is this not a programming issue of some sort rather than a choice? Genuine question.

Why is a confirmation message for "Clear cache" and there isn't one for "Reset to defaults" ? 

When building a skin and clear the cache 20 times in 5 minutes sometimes you slip the mouse to reset to defaults and bam! Go again setting up stuff.. :seagull:

47 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

Why is a confirmation message for "Clear cache" and there isn't one for "Reset to defaults" ? 

When building a skin and clear the cache 20 times in 5 minutes sometimes you slip the mouse to reset to defaults and bam! Go again setting up stuff.. :seagull:

I feel your pain! 

12 hours ago, Platinum said:

Not even giving users the option to make the injury frequency realistic is very hard to understand

It's not hard to understand and I'll tell you why.

First of all, the game comes out every year so they have limited time to work in the game and test.

Secondly, it's not as easy as turning a switch on and off, it's way complicated than that. It's basically like making 2 different games because the kind of issues and bugs you'd have in one could be very different so you need to split your already small team in 2 to test and make sure both versions are still comparable.

That's why we're never going to have a game where the user can decide what to turn in and off. It's a nightmare for developers 

5 hours ago, styluz05 said:

SI have said the new Deadline Day feature is only for leagues where it has significant media coverage, so the Hungarian league might not be considered to have enough media interest. If you think that it should have the DD feature you can raise it as a feature request (or possibly in the bugs forum? Not sure which would be better)

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

I've had keepers injured in matches before.  Not sent off though.  But is this not a programming issue of some sort rather than a choice? Genuine question.

Never ever seen it myself

Once had a keeper sent off who was out on loan, got all excited & went to have a look how & it wasn't a loaded league :lol:

I don't know why but I can't ask for analysis for my strikers. I checked in other clubs, by adding a manager and this issue also appear, even in psg i can;t see goalkeepers analysis lol. image.png.35a8bc33a44e184ae9ed4141d7c7ef8e.png

Anyone have this type of issue in data hub? I post thread for interested

3 hours ago, DP said:

They do get sent off now. Henderson came out of the box and blocked the striker who was through on goal and then got a red card for it.

With the injury mods the goalkeepers do get injured.

Need to fix the issue where a player asks for a new contract, you say "ok, I'll make you an offer", you don't agree terms, then they crack it. It then compounds when players stop trusting your promises in general even though you've kept them. 

40 minutes ago, DarJ said:

First of all, the game comes out every year so they have limited time to work in the game and test.

Secondly, it's not as easy as turning a switch on and off, it's way complicated than that. It's basically like making 2 different games because the kind of issues and bugs you'd have in one could be very different so you need to split your already small team in 2 to test and make sure both versions are still comparable.

That's why we're never going to have a game where the user can decide what to turn in and off. It's a nightmare for developers 

That's why the pre game editor is available, where you can do all sorts of things that could potentially break the game but the developers don't need to worry about how it might have knock on effects.

The main worry with increasing injuries would be how it affects player development, but once its an editor option it doesn't matter so much. This is precisely why I made a feature request for it to be an editor option.

@Metal, you're relatively new here, but I'd suggest you take a look at the forum rules. Criticism is fine, but saying that SI are lazy, that they just use modders to finish the game without credit, etc, isn't cool.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/34-house-rules-forum-guidelines/

59 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

SI have said the new Deadline Day feature is only for leagues where it has significant media coverage, so the Hungarian league might not be considered to have enough media interest. If you think that it should have the DD feature you can raise it as a feature request (or possibly in the bugs forum? Not sure which would be better)

Well that's pretty useless "New Feature" if it's only for the "top leagues" 

But then I'd probably only get bored of it after first go around. Bit of a gimmick feature. 

7 minutes ago, MASTER W11 said:

Sorry if this is a repost but would be appreciated if there was a more clear way to understand who is red and who is blue in this analysis.

whoiswho.png

The colours are based on club colour, so red is Arsenal and blue is Leicester.

22 minutos atrás, JordanMillward_1 disse:

The colours are based on club colour, so red is Arsenal and blue is Leicester.

I understand that, but is that enough?

What if we are talking about the last match from your obscure opponent in the Conference League? Would you be 100% certain of the colours?

What about when the teams play with away kits?

Wouldn't hurt to have a small indicator somewhere, so it's quick and neat.

1 hour ago, autohoratio said:

I'm in Latvia we have the transfer deadline day feature and I'm pretty sure the media interest in Latvian football is even lower than it is in Hungarian.

On 30/10/2021 at 08:20, kiwityke1983 said:

So just me who is loving this version of the game then?

I'm honestly having one of the most enjoyable and immersive saves I've had since FM17 or FM18.

The ME is fine to me, the only really major issue is the amount of passes teams do at the back and the massively over inflated pass percentages that leads to.

We've finally gotten rid of loads of legacy problems. Crosses being next to useless, cutbacks being none existent, teams just being able to charge about for 90 minutes never breaking sweat, your own throw ins being the most dangerous thing imaginable (this has driven me insane for years)!

As for central play I see quite a bit of it and build up looks to me fairly realistic. With the ball being passed around and played in and through the centre if a ball is on, if not it goes wide or sideways or backwards even.

Transfer deadline is honestly one of the best features we've gotten in years. It genuinely has me excited for deadline day.

Yet people are out here saying this is unplayable, then they wonder why game companies increasingly don't engage with their fanbases.

My minds blown its like people have genuinely forgotten how rancid the ME was in FM19 and FM20, it didn't even look remotely like a game of football.

I'm definitely enjoying it, and agree 100% with all your points. For me its worth it just for the crosses as FM21 match engine was a tedious experience in this regard, haven't seen them being OP'd myself but sure if its an issue in certain scenarios then its something that can be tweaked.

There's also a lot of little things that really add this year such as the transfer fee ranges, and agents getting involved more with how the club values the player and this potentially upsetting players.

On 28/10/2021 at 21:30, keon said:

Had the beta for a few days now, I was reluctant after reading reviews and was going to wait until the full release but I caved.

I'm Spurs and about 2/3 months in, just wanted to share my overall thoughts, not limited to FM22 but FM in general. I'll be honest, the ME to me is 100% of what I really care about in the whole game so most of my feedback is on that.

I've read a lot about central play in FM22, or lack of it when it comes to opening up a defence. So far, I've seen quite a bit actually, but, still feels like there isn't enough. Now, as numerous people have said and very naturally, teams won't just open up through the middle and a well drilled defence normally wants you to play it wide, there's where the space is and where is furthest away from goal. But as someone has mentioned (apologies, can't find the post), it's the way the ball goes wide and the winger always tries something or just lumps it in to the back post, but for a possession based team, they don't want that, they just want to move it quickly side to side for a midfielder or false nine to drop into the space when the centre backs move across to build in the box. This point has been discussed hugely in this discussion and I understand the developers are looking at it so I will move onto my next point.

Small sample size so far but I have noticed long range shooting has been overpowered... I've seen Winks score two 20+ yarders and anyone who has watched this man play football, I don't think he's ever shown he's capable of smashing shots in from outside the area! Ndombele has done the same too, feels a bit odd.

For so many iterations of FM, what I find is really unrealistic are players reactions when the ball is going out for a throw. First of all, it happens too often when all the players are just static, waiting for the ball to go out. In real life, teams chasing the game will chase after the ball for a quick throw in even if they know it's going out of play and they won't catch it. On this, the players all freeze until it goes out of play it feels like. Making the players move when the ball is going out of play and reacting just in case it's taken quickly would make the game much more realistic in my view, you barely ever see any quick throw ins/goal kicks. Related to this, not that I've seen it yet but it used to drive me mad when your player chases the ball going out of play off the opposition, gets there and then mis-controls the ball to gift the opposition a throw when he could have let it go.

Another thing which has happened over the last few FMs (including this one) is headers cleared from corners/free kicks which clears the player on the edge of the area, and then before you know it, their attacking player has reacted quicker and he's running at the players you left back. It's really frustrating and it happens too much, for and against my teams. It's like there should be another 'go back' option for attacking set pieces, something in between edge of area and being on the half way line! And that is a very simple instruction also, nothing unrealistic.

What I have seen so far which does look improved in FM22 is finishing, mainly 1 v 1. Players aiming for corners, some smashing it right in the corner or side netting, didn't really see that in FM21 it didn't feel like. Also, heading seems to be a bit more accurate and realistic because surely I wasn't alone in hating FM21 and players missing headers from about 4 yards out far too often.

This player value system is confusing me a little but it's about getting used to it, it makes more sense than just having one value and I'm sure the dynamics work well so I'm hoping this is a nice rework. Players fitness too having more variation is good too.

Disabled first TW so haven't been able to experience much, but one thing which does annoy me is when you aren't given a budget for January... could just be typical Levy though! But surely you should have the starting budget you would have had in summer and it carries over to Jan, no? Finance depending of course but not really possible to get into debt without transfers/4 months of football.

For some reason, after some of the EC qualifying games, I didn't have a league game on the weekend which is odd, I'm a few games behind the rest of the league at the end of October.

Overall, I think the ME is showing promise based on what I've seen, but there are areas to work on to improve, some subjective, some have been recognised.

Playing as Spurs in FM22 certainly takes the edge off our real results though!!

Quick question: the Colombian league seems to begin from the second phase, and in the Primera B division, the league only runs between July and October. Is this because of covid? Does the game begin by finishing the season that was abandoned during the pandemic?

2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

@Metal, you're relatively new here, but I'd suggest you take a look at the forum rules. Criticism is fine, but saying that SI are lazy, that they just use modders to finish the game without credit, etc, isn't cool.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/34-house-rules-forum-guidelines/

I don't get what I'm suppose to say if there are long standing issues which get constantly overlooked and us loyal buyers each year shell out £30 to what looks like a copy and paste job on the graphical forefront of the ME and other things.

How long have we been asking for better grass, more diverse weather conditions(how hard is it to make it snow or make frosty pitches), more realistic crowds better chants, better differential size difference between big and small stadiums etc and then the same exact graphical content gets churned out which then needs enhancing by modders.

Maybe lazy is the wrong word and I apologise for that but it's very frustrating seeing these issues overlooked and having to wait for someone in the community to sort stuff out to make the game more immersive.

Edited by Metal

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I'm in Latvia we have the transfer deadline day feature and I'm pretty sure the media interest in Latvian football is even lower than it is in Hungarian.

It was based in part of the recommendations of researchers from each nation but as said, if there's evidence to suggest something should or shouldn't be in game then please do raise it via our Bug Tracker via the transfer section.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, DarJ said:

Not sure this right. Its currently set to around 80% of real life so this suggests a setting that can be adjusted, at least currently by SI. There is a mod I believe that allows this to be adjusted, it wont be SI supported

My understanding of why this is set is because

1) so many people complained about the number injuries, generally a lot of these people who moaned didnt check real life injuries

2) when at 100% real life injuries there were more in game long term injuries which also resulted in a large number of moans

3) if injuries are based on averages then you will expect some clubs to get more and some less than the overall injury averages and this resulted in a large number of moans

Some people like vanilla, some like strawberry and who ever doesnt get what they want generally moans so it becomes hard to please everyone hence why its set at around 80% (and people still moan there are too many injuries)