*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There's already been multiple posts complaining about the amount of injuries people's teams are having, if it mirrored real life, the place would be awash with complaints.  However, I would agree with you that it should be more in life with real life. There's usually a mod comes out which bumps up the percentages to a more realistic level. 

The overall percentage chance of an injury doesn’t change with the mod, it just increases the amount of day to day, short term injuries. Something SI should have done instead of reducing the chance of injury to an unrealistic number. The problem was never the injury frequency (when it was 100%) but the amount of long term injuries.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1635693806281806312512737175438.thumb.jpg.0ddae5a6bbed47d711ed239316d61817.jpg16356937501105106656555497522531.thumb.jpg.6c71e2fd41bde8a61491c13db664f30d.jpg

On 30/10/2021 at 08:48, Reflection86 said:

Way way too many goals from set-pieces, not enough from open play for me. My centre back is Bundesliga top scorer in January with 20 goals from 17 starts! Madness haha. I miss FM21, this match engine needs a lot of work!20211030_084644.thumb.jpg.43a10a68396747764784aece9849afde.jpg20211030_084657.thumb.jpg.e65c6e178a02e06bd027ed3c3d293eee.jpg

Update, he picked up an injury which meant he had to settle for runner up in Bundesliga golden boot! Still 25 goals in 23 starts is crazy for a CB!

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Reflection86 said:

Update, he picked up an injury which meant he had to settle for runner up in Bundesliga golden boot! Still 25 goals in 23 starts is crazy for a CB!

Sure the match team would love to see your setup to see how this is happening, so please raise a thread in our Bug Tracker here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

Would be useful if you provided a save game as well, letting them know the file name. Details on how to upload a save to us can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

Is it me or do wide players who doesn’t play on the side of their stronger foot (inside forwards) never try to switch on their stronger foot when through on goal? Seeing way too much shots with the weaker foot even when having time to switch it onto the stronger foot

25 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Sure the match team would love to see your setup to see how this is happening, so please raise a thread in our Bug Tracker here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

Would be useful if you provided a save game as well, letting them know the file name. Details on how to upload a save to us can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

Will do asap. Never had a cb score more than even 10 before. My set up is very basic, 3 stay back at corners, 3 go forward, cb attack near post, striker attack far post, 1 man lurk outside area. Corners aimed at near post. Never had a cb score more than 10 a season in any FM and used this same corner set up for years!

44 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

I expect its the defender attacking the near post at corners....ah the memories of this ;)

2 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

I expect its the defender attacking the near post at corners....ah the memories of this ;)

Ive been using the same corner set up in FM for years. It makes sense to aim corners at your tallest player. It never usually results in more than 5-10 goals a season. Something is wrong for him to bang 25 in 23.

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

The amount of AI 3-5-2 WB formation in non-league is crazy

I don't really see it much. Mostly 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2. Playing in the VNL now, but had the same in VNN.

fwgEM4D.png

Can you post your statistics of the same?

12 minutes ago, Reflection86 said:

Ive been using the same corner set up in FM for years. It makes sense to aim corners at your tallest player. It never usually results in more than 5-10 goals a season. Something is wrong for him to bang 25 in 23.

There was an exploit in a previous version that eventually got resolved. Im suggesting the exploit is back but this time the effort to do so is minimal

9 minutes ago, XaW said:

I don't really see it much. Mostly 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2. Playing in the VNL now, but had the same in VNN.

fwgEM4D.png

Doesnt this image itself show a bug e.g. a formation of 4-4-1-1 that has been faced 0% is shown with a maxed out pink bar, it should be the opposite e.g. no pink bar at all

4 hours ago, Metal said:

They do get sent off now. Henderson came out of the box and blocked the striker who was through on goal and then got a red card for it.

With the injury mods the goalkeepers do get injured.

Need to see this to believe it. 

Bought the game last night, played a couple of games, so this is my review so far on FM22.

- Data hub is a nice feature and will be very useful 

- Deadline day is something new and something I never really used before but on this version, I am gonna use it every deadline day. You can get a lot of bargain players on that day.

- Chats with player agents are also a great feature

- Regarding ME, I love the cutbacks goals so far. Set pieces are again a little OP. There is central play but not enough imo, but think the lack of central play is because wingers who are playing as IFs or IWs, they are not cutting inside enough, they are usually going wide and that is the problem of lack of central play. You can see through passes from centre and I had a decent number of that.  % pass completion is too high, a known bug, and I see that lower teams have also more % possession than bigger teams.

- I also see a lot of injuries, but they are mostly for short period and I think they are realistic imo.

So summary is if they fix the wingers who are playing as IFs and Iws on sides where they have weaker foot, central play will be much better and % passing completion, this ME will be excellent.

Heading is just all around way too strong. The guy almost doubled his xG, that's absurd. My own CD is also massively outperforming his xG (8 goals out of 4.85 in the league so far) and other than having very good jumping reach he isn't a great header of the ball at all.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

fwgEM4D.png

That's interesting and good to hear. I'm presuming you're managing in that league? Maybe it's because non league is running on the quick sim engine on mine as I'm managing outside of it?

5 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

That's interesting and good to hear. I'm presuming you're managing in that league? Maybe it's because non league is running on the quick sim engine on mine as I'm managing outside of it?

Yeah, I'm managing Merthyr and are in 2027 currently and I've not faced much 3 at the back at this level.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Bakiano:

Bought the game last night, played a couple of games, so this is my review so far on FM22.

- Data hub is a nice feature and will be very useful 

- Deadline day is something new and something I never really used before but on this version, I am gonna use it every deadline day. You can get a lot of bargain players on that day.

- Chats with player agents are also a great feature

- Regarding ME, I love the cutbacks goals so far. Set pieces are again a little OP. There is central play but not enough imo, but think the lack of central play is because wingers who are playing as IFs or IWs, they are not cutting inside enough, they are usually going wide and that is the problem of lack of central play. You can see through passes from centre and I had a decent number of that.  % pass completion is too high, a known bug, and I see that lower teams have also more % possession than bigger teams.

- I also see a lot of injuries, but they are mostly for short period and I think they are realistic imo.

So summary is if they fix the wingers who are playing as IFs and Iws on sides where they have weaker foot, central play will be much better and % passing completion, this ME will be excellent.

That's a good point, i think players tend to go wide most of the time instead of beating their man 1o1 and cutting inside or utilizing half spaces effectively. When it comes to combination play in front or in the box i do see plenty of central play, but IW/IF barely cut inside and tend to stretch the game.

6 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The overall percentage chance of an injury doesn’t change with the mod, it just increases the amount of day to day, short term injuries. Something SI should have done instead of reducing the chance of injury to an unrealistic number. The problem was never the injury frequency (when it was 100%) but the amount of long term injuries.

I would actually like this cleared up a bit because I dont think this is how it works based on Seb Wassels posts in this thread :

So if you read all of Sebs posts he says that the editor has no option to increase the number of injuries, so the best mods can hope for is to force a way of making it happen by exploiting loopholes.

My understanding is that the change that is applied in the editor ONLY increases the ratio that an individual injury type occurs, which would then of course make other injuries occur less often to make up for it. But because this option is applied to all injury types in the MOD it has an unknown effect. Based on what Seb says the most likely options are that it either somehow increases the number of injuries due to a loophole or it's making longer term injuries occur more often than shorter term ones which can give the illusion that there are more injuries because at any one time more people will be injured.

Interested to get your thoughts on what I said though @Mars_Blackmon and anyone else who's interested. Would be particularly keen on getting @Seb Wassell thoughts as well as anyone else from SI if possible. And as always great work from @majesticeternity for making the MOD available and would be keen to hear your thoughts too.

On 26/10/2021 at 17:16, WelshMourinho said:

The second person to miss the point. My issue isn't that teams win at home, my issue is in the disparity of the performance between the home and away games. Teams don't just get slapped because they dare to play football away from home against an evenly matched team.

Right. As I said if you have some numbers to back that up I'm sure they will look at it. Saying "home teams are too good" is the same as just saying nothing.

13 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

It was based in part of the recommendations of researchers from each nation but as said, if there's evidence to suggest something should or shouldn't be in game then please do raise it via our Bug Tracker via the transfer section.

Thanks.

No I think the transfer deadline day feature is one of the best new features we've had in years so certainly not complaining its available in the league I'm managing in.

8 hours ago, Platinum said:

I would actually like this cleared up a bit because I dont think this is how it works based on Seb Wassels posts in this thread :

So if you read all of Sebs posts he says that the editor has no option to increase the number of injuries, so the best mods can hope for is to force a way of making it happen by exploiting loopholes.

My understanding is that the change that is applied in the editor ONLY increases the ratio that an individual injury type occurs, which would then of course make other injuries occur less often to make up for it. But because this option is applied to all injury types in the MOD it has an unknown effect. Based on what Seb says the most likely options are that it either somehow increases the number of injuries due to a loophole or it's making longer term injuries occur more often than shorter term ones which can give the illusion that there are more injuries because at any one time more people will be injured.

Interested to get your thoughts on what I said though @Mars_Blackmon and anyone else who's interested. Would be particularly keen on getting @Seb Wassell thoughts as well as anyone else from SI if possible. And as always great work from @majesticeternity for making the MOD available and would be keen to hear your thoughts too.

The mod 100% increases injury frequency, I have no doubts about that at all.  How it works, I don't know, but I honestly don't think there is any illusion because of injury type.  I am really enjoying my Beta save but the single thing which will likely make me not continue with it is the fact that I am going months on end without ANY injuries, even small 1-2 day ones.  

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

The mod 100% increases injury frequency, I have no doubts about that at all.  How it works, I don't know, but I honestly don't think there is any illusion because of injury type.  I am really enjoying my Beta save but the single thing which will likely make me not continue with it is the fact that I am going months on end without ANY injuries, even small 1-2 day ones.  

Great to hear. Btw lack of injuries in non professional leagues was a known issue back in 2019 and I dont know if they ever solved it.

Transfer value inflation is absolutely out of control. 

It's bad in all leagues, but especially in the EPL. A player signs from abroad for an EPL club and has transfer value range will double over night. 

Even in my rangers save the creep up in the value of my players is insane to the point half the starting squad could be sold for Scottish transfer record fees.

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

I was going to wait on FM22, but after watching a few Daljit streams and seeing his enthusiasm, I caved.  Give the man some commission!!  I'd certainly love to see him given the green light by SI to give us a couple of alpha videos next year.

I've tried 3 saves - one was very brief with FC Andorra as I encountered the same bug I raised in FM21 (bug report again raised) which popped the immersion bubble - hopefully this gets cleared for the start of the San Marino Challenge with Victor San Marino, which will be pretty popular this year I would imagine!  Then did a bit in the National League South with Farnborough in a Dafuge type challenge and played 10 games with Schalke to look at a higher level of play.

Overall impression is good.  I have a pretty poor PC, but loading/saving times are fast and it feels slick.  Certainly going back into FM19 shows just how much faster the game is now.  Having said that, I find when I'm watching a match when the screen has to scroll, that's a little bit jerky and it makes it a little harder to follow, particularly with the added known issue about the ball not being clear.  Outside of that performance is excellent.  Outside of my allbeit rather specific player registration bug with FC Andorra, I would say overall the game feels less bugged than FM21 - and this is still the beta - so well done to SI.

On the flip side, I was very disappointed to see the match UI is the same.  I know SI will have sunk development time and money into creating it, but I personally really don't like it - and would love the option to be able to choose between this UI and the "classic" one.  I know that would potentially be double the bugs, but I think the majority of people seem to prefer the old version.

Also on the negative is the grass colour.  It looks bleached and I think is part of the problem with the ball not showing up that clearly as it's almost white on white.

The new animations are really nice.  Couple that with how teams are more likely to pass back when nothing is on - and the improvements to crossing, I think this is a more accurate reflection on real life.  I personally wouldn't want to see SI rush out any nerfs to crossing.  I do think it might need to be tweaked down a little - but I'd rather wait to late November/early December to make sure SI get it right than rush something out for release date.

In the ME, I am seeing central play and I've scored some nice goals from quick passing interplay as well as through balls.  I think @Bakiano might have captured the issue with central play being IF/IW not always cutting in.  I find my IF(Su) in a 4-2-3-1 is in position to get on the end of crosses from my winger on attack on the other wing, although I've seen a similar animation of a tame far post header from 8-12 yards which the keeper saves easily too often.  However, when he has the ball, he is staying pretty wide.  I'm going to watch him exclusively when I play a game tonight and will raise a bug report with a pkm if he's not acting as I would expect.  If someone is playing right now and has time to do this and raise something if it's a thing, I can certainly add to that.

I would say my main concern with the ME is that counter attacking systems are ineffective.  I used the same basic 4-2-2-2 formation I used in FM21 with Farnborough (2 DM's - AF/TF combo up front - direct counter attack) and outside of counters from corners, I have not seen enough when I'm using a formation to invite people on to me and counter directly and quickly.  For me personally (and I know we all see the ME differently), this should be the focus of the ME team between now and full release.

Some people have said long shots are OP - interestingly, I found this more the case with a 2 DM system than in a 4-2-3-1 where I would expect there to be more space between back 4 and the midfield.  I think tactics are key for this issue, although I did feel too many National League South players with poor numbers for long shots were going top bin.

Injuries wise, I certainly saw more injuries with Schalke than with Farnborough - although I was really struggling with condition in the last 10 minutes with Farnborough, likely as I had 2 less subs.  However, I certainly don't have a problem with the change in direction related to condition - and indeed anything that prevents the gegenpress from being OP is very welcome.  Perhaps a little tweak might be needed as I would guess leagues with 3 subs it's going to be tough sledding.

I've had a little play with the Data Hub, but I think I'll need to read or watch some guides as I didn't really know what are the key things to look at.  I have to admit my brain doesn't see anything when I look at most charts, but I can pick things out from a bunch of numbers in a table - so atm I'm still using Daljit's "BTN Performance View" and finding that computes in my head!

I've gone through one transfer deadline with Schalke.  As the transfer budget is £0, there wasn't much excitement there - so I'll withhold judgement - but not sure it will give me much.

One thing I liked is when setting an asking price for a player, you get the agent feedback as to whether they would accept that.  Perhaps I'll try a save with a team that has some cash to spend to see how bids are looking - I would expect agents of AI players to act the same and therefore not have to bid crazy amounts of money to get a player.  If you have to bid miles higher than the upper end of the transfer value range, this would need to be looked at.

I tried press conferences - some different answers - but they seem longer this year and they very quickly got repetitive and I delegated them.  Perhaps the answer would be 3 or 4 questions max - and maybe even a couple.  I know it's not matching real life, but given the restrictions in game, I think this would keep it fresher.

The staff meeting was OK, but have set to once a month.

One really important thing that is a "wait for release" is the Editor.  I really hope SI have given it some love and people who add so, so much to FM by creating leagues have a much easier time of it this year.  I'm hoping Claassen feels good enough about the editor that he returns to make his outstanding league packs.

Finally, I saw the "too easy" thread is busy again this year.  With Schalke, I've won all 10 games.  That wasn't the case with Farnborough.  I guess if all you want to do is manage your favourite team - and in reality most players probably do and that will be a big club as they have more fans - then I think it might be considered too easy.  However, go no coaching badges, Sunday League footballer and start unemployed or do the Dafuge Challenge and it's much tougher.  So, the difficulty is there in game, but you have to seek it out.  This one is a tough balance for SI as you know full well that if it was harder to win with top sides, this thread would explode with negative posts.  Do I think it should be tougher if you start with no badges?  No.  Do I think it should be tougher if you start with all the badges/international footballer experience?  Yes.  How to do that - no clue!

Overall, I've only had to raise one bug report and the game doesn't feel like a beta.  I liked FM21 far more than FM20, although even after the final patch, it still felt like there were too many bugs.  I would say FM22 is looking like it's going to be much cleaner than FM21.  The ME is very good - I make tactical changes and see that reflected on screen.  With a couple of tweaks, I think this will be much better than FM21.  I've certainly really clicked with Schalke and trying to repair the finances and am sat here at work really looking foward to getting home and being able to play, which says it all really.

37 minutes ago, duesouth said:

One thing I liked is when setting an asking price for a player, you get the agent feedback as to whether they would accept that. 

I think that's a bit bugged at the moment. Either that or it's by design, but I've had numerous times where I've set the asking price and it comes up saying the player would be happy with it, only to get an almost instant email saying the player wants a chat as he's annoyed you're asking for too much money for him. It may be the agent thinking one thing and the player another, but I'm more inclined to believe it's not quite working properly given it's a brand new feature. 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I think that's a bit bugged at the moment. Either that or it's by design, but I've had numerous times where I've set the asking price and it comes up saying the player would be happy with it, only to get an almost instant email saying the player wants a chat as he's annoyed you're asking for too much money for him. It may be the agent thinking one thing and the player another, but I'm more inclined to believe it's not quite working properly given it's a brand new feature. 

I've not played around with it much but the first time I did was exactly that, a player was happy with the set asking price then next day came & said it was too high, agreed the price with him again & it was fine :onmehead:

Second case was setting a player's asking price to 350K, he was happy & fine, kept getting bids of 83 to 150k, transfer window closes & he comes to me & says "he's happy with my attempts to sell him & he'll give me the next window to sell him" :confused: It's not really down to me, it's down to the bidding team if they can't meet his asking price so I guess he'll be kicking off next window if teams keep low balling   

Just adding to peoples posts about corners, I feel they are a tad over powered at the moment.

You'll see in the video below that I'm in January and Van Dijk has 12 goals and his centre back partner Matip has 7. (The game in this episode also shows 3 goals from corners in one game) - not sure if its because we have good corner takers and strong CBs who are tall and can header or if its a flaw in the current match engine. 

My CBs and their goals is at 2.10 if you don't want to hear me blathering on about other stuff. 

I'm a quarter of the way through the 2nd season with MIlan and I think my team have scored one goal from a corner in all the time I've been playing. My centre half pairing have scored one goal between them this season. 

Mind you, I've left the set pieces on default, because I can't stand how fiddly that screen is, so that's maybe why. 

Some people think that some players should be a bit harder to get? Maybe it's just because it's Newcastle (to be fair I've seen it mostly done with them), but it seems just too easy to get Süle, Lodi, Musiala, Fati, Isak (on loan!), Coman,...

Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe it's mostly first season too and then it stabilizes and gets more "realistic". Kind of like with the world cup, which the first one is always kind of broken in FM (with Ivory Coast, Nigeria or Turkey winning), but the next ones go back to something more realistic.

I don't know, what's your opinion?

Literally watching Lollujo's Newcastle video & he's getting some ridiculous bargains

Coman £23 mill, Sule £5.25 mill , Martinez £39 mill, Belotti £6.75 mill ....... Even Declan Rice for £95 mill is ridiculous, no way West Ham would sell him 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I haven't pushed it too high, trying to dangle a couple of carrots out there to get players off the Schalke wage bill - not quite Barcelona in terms of debt, but still enough of it!  I'll push it higher tonight as a test and see what happens!

The AI is far too willing to sell players unfortunately and with the massive rep Newcastle have from playing in the PL + Sugar Daddy boost I doubt you'll find a lot of players that say no. Even though realistically, the majority of those players would hold off the boat to see where Newcastle goes before hopping over for big cash. Considering they won't play in Europe and probably won't be playing CL any time soon you'd think players would be far more hesitant to make the move. But in FM everyone wants to play in the PL because it's a big league, so if you got money there's almost nobody you can't buy...

Do you think we can expect a patch during the beta? Or is it just going to be at release?

I feel there are quite a few major issues in both the ME and way transfers are happening that a patch during the beta would be optimal to test the outcomes.

Edited by diLLa88

26 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Literally watching Lollujo's Newcastle video & he's getting some ridiculous bargains

Coman £23 mill, Sule £5.25 mill , Martinez £39 mill, Belotti £6.75 mill ....... Even Declan Rice for £95 mill is ridiculous, no way West Ham would sell him 

I don't get why Coman or Sule would leave. Bayern are a world class team and one of the favorites for the CL, while Newcastle are only getting started. Does player ambition/ club prestige not matter a lot?

26 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I signed Coman, Sule, and Belotti for my Milan side, who were all available for roughly those prices. Sule has been the only one that's been a success, however. Coman is made of glass, and Belotti is not the goal machine he was on previous FMs, at least not for me. 

I took the photo on my phone and I can't compress it below 10mb... but last night I got an Alan Partridge quote in my post match interview. I elected to reply to a question about our performance by saying "They say the proof of the pudding is in the eating and tonight the pudding was a football. We played some liquid football and at times looked unstoppable"

Lovely stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I signed Coman, Sule, and Belotti for my Milan side, who were all available for roughly those prices. Sule has been the only one that's been a success, however. Coman is made of glass, and Belotti is not the goal machine he was on previous FMs, at least not for me. 

He got 30 in 32 for Kev for less than £7 mill & they all go to Newcastle, a non CL team 

3 minutes ago, anindyarajan19 said:

I don't get why Coman or Sule would leave. Bayern are a world class team and one of the favorites for the CL, while Newcastle are only getting started. Does player ambition/ club prestige not matter a lot?

No idea what it is but I'm sure it'll get sorted 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yes but Kev uses every exploit the game throws at him for views. I don't. 

PF on a the gengen template by the looks of it, a tactic available & encouraged to be used by the new comers so nothing crazy out there 

And the Bayern pair, for less than £30 mil, first teamers for the German champions, just barmy   

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

PF on a the gengen template by the looks of it, a tactic available & encouraged to be used by the new comers so nothing crazy out there 

And the Bayern pair, for less than £30 mil, first teamers for the German champions, just barmy   

If I know Kev, he'll be spamming long throws and setting up corners and free kicks to take advantage of the issues around that at the moment. 

From memory, I think both Coman and Sule were transfer listed? Prices are lower than you'd expect maybe, but then the first transfer window on FM is usually a bit wonky. 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

If I know Kev, he'll be spamming long throws and setting up corners and free kicks to take advantage of the issues around that at the moment. 

From memory, I think both Coman and Sule were transfer listed? Prices are lower than you'd expect maybe, but then the first transfer window on FM is usually a bit wonky. 

:lol: Yeah, probably, knowing him

I think Bayern do try & ditch Coman, he always seems to leave but not Sule & for so cheap, to Newcastle too 

49 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

Do you think we can expect a patch during the beta? Or is it just going to be at release?

I feel there are quite a few major issues in both the ME and way transfers are happening that a patch during the beta would be optimal to test the outcomes.

I wouldn't hold my breath. No doubt changes are being tested, but by those who have alpha access.