*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

34 minutes ago, akkm said:

Thats interesting in itself and actually showing its not central play but emanating form the wings which isn't good play either to be fair

Bournemouth just scored two wonderful goals against me with central play wish I knew how to share the goals because they were absolute pearlers.

My tactics are set up so that we get a lot of overloads in those half spaces and I don't expect much central play to be honest with my tactic.

This ME IMO is capable of producing some magnificent football.

Edited by kiwityke1983

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

crosses.png.68edb8fb31cefbeb33853bf09afb1356.png

goals.png.6ad984b912faf93a2a294ff15d50ccaa.png

Most of my goals are from crosses but Like I said previously, I'm playing 2 wingbacks and a winger who are expected to cross so that could be why I'm seeing these numbers. When I look at the types of goals scored only few are from headers

This is the thing I’ve been looking for, can’t remember where it is.

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

On the Tablet or the ones that used to be "in the dugout". I haven't noticed those anymore.

I think it was called latest events update which populated as goals went in? I’m sure it can be skinned in if it is missing

33 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

I just want to follow up on my post I made yesterday with regards to the feedback I gave and more specifically my last paragraph from that post, which was the one you see below:

Since yesterday I have tried different tactics with different teams and I have seen enough to reach a conclusion for the time being or at least until a new patch. There is a lack of central play in the final third and I will also explain why i came to this conclusion. In one of my tactics I went for a patient build up style and noticed that my CB were passig the ball wide but also to the DLP ahead of them depending on where and when the opposition was pressing. So far so good. As soon as the ball reached the DLP being either in the DM or CM position he would then most of the time pass it wide to the FBs or to the wingers if I used any. From there it was a case of either the FB or the winger attacking the flank or recycling posession in the central areas only for the ball to then go straight to the other flank. If you follow these patterns in FM21 I can see that my CMs or AMCs will try and disrupt the oposition through the middle just as much as they will try to do it on the flanks (which makes sense overall). In FM22 there is a huge imbalance between central and wide areas bias. That being said, I have of course noticed beautiful central play and through balls straight down the middle BUT only in situations when the oposition was caught off guard and the space they allowed me in front of their 16 yard box was way too much or in a case when the space between their CBs was too much. That is when my central playmaker(s) were comfortable enough to try a killer through ball. Another occurance when i have consistently seen through balls was when I recovered the ball back around the centre of the pitch and caught the oposition off guard and then my player in control of the ball was just trying a long ball through the middle for my striker. A final occurance of through balls are sometimes from my full backs down the channel between the oposition FB and CB ... but this would happen consistently only if I used a 2 striker system. Everything i've said soo far doesn't mean I literally don't see any other instances of through balls down the middle, because I do from time to time, but these occurances are rather rare and not consistent enough to be identified as a pattern or a staple of my tactics as it should be.

I watch my matches in Extended or sometimes comprehensive mode and this is why I don't really go to the data (stats) screens too often (maybe once every 2 months in game or after a difficult match). I tweak my tactics and try to understand them according to what my eyes see in comprehensive mode until I build the framework of a tactic. All my observations above were made by using a 4-4-2 diamond narrow, 4-3-1-2, 5-2-1-2 and 4-3-3 systems. The patterns I have described above were present in every single one of these systems, to different extents of course. In comparison, in FM21 the same systems / tactics used to work very much differently, as in more balanced between central and wing play. I would go as far as saying it was almost a sweet spot, which is definetely not what I am seeing in FM22 beta so far, unfortunately.

I haven’t got the game yet but I was very vocal/frustrated about lack of central play in FM19/20. However the way you have written this sounds like real football, no? Move the ball out-wide to try and open up the space, and then when there is space in the middle the killer ball is attempted/made.

Again I’ve not played the game yet so may well be going wide too much. But the way you’ve written sounds fine.

4 minutes ago, craiigman said:

I haven’t got the game yet but I was very vocal/frustrated about lack of central play in FM19/20. However the way you have written this sounds like real football, no? Move the ball out-wide to try and open up the space, and then when there is space in the middle the killer ball is attempted/made.

Again I’ve not played the game yet so may well be going wide too much. But the way you’ve written sounds fine.

I personally think the ME looks as close to real football as they've ever gotten.

Games Ebb and flow. That one tackle or mistake now unlocks defences etc. It looks far less scripted and robotic.

I also see plenty of central play and the way teams pass it around looks way more realistic than prior versions. Especially the way the press is broken.

Of course not perfect but it's the closest they've ever been to it IMO.

(I admittedly ain't playing a central heavy tactic, but I see the AI take advantage of me down the centre plenty)

Just came across a weird example of UI lag in the beta.  Added scorers and attendance to the schedule screen - for each column there was a significant delay between choosing to add it and the column appearing.

On the positive side - still enjoying the new version (even though results aren't going my way) and have now got an active data hub which looks great for those who do a lot of stats driven management and pretty interesting even for those of us who don't.

1 minute ago, rp1966 said:

Just came across a weird example of UI lag in the beta.  Added scorers and attendance to the schedule screen - for each column there was a significant delay between choosing to add it and the column appearing.

It has been reported that some screens have lag issues

15 hours ago, ostkiz said:

I checked some players and still asking for 200M when the value player isnt in this range , so still useless and now i see just more numbers than previusly , but this numbers doesnt give real information about what the team can ask for , so finally is the same ,

I'd log that as a bug, if you're seeing clubs ask for more than max. Transfer Value.

Surely the whole point of it is to give you a somewhat realistic price range right off the bat.

19 minutes ago, craiigman said:

I had a good variant of this just now.

s258JtM.gif

Play centrally to open space outside and then move it back in for a goal.

2 minutes ago, craiigman said:

It would have been real football unless the central players won't ignore the strikers even though there is space, especially for high quality creative players. The problem is the fact that they don't even attempt to try a killer ball most of the times, even players with 17 Vision and Flair. This is a problem no matter how you look at it. Like I said, they try it with consistency only when there is so much space available that people like you and me would try on a real pitch. Once you actually play it, it feels exactly like FM19 and FM20 in this specific regard.

9 minutes ago, XaW said:

I had a good variant of this just now.

s258JtM.gif

Play centrally to open space outside and then move it back in for a goal.

This proves both our points :) For a split second, your player Pippa I believe his name is, had the oportunity to make the killer ball himself, but chose to pass it wider. There is nothing wrong with this, but it is concerning because it seems to me that it's actually a trend. I want my highly creative players to "earn their pay" and separate themselves from the pack. Ultimately, this is why you pay the premium for a player like De Bruyne or Pedri, or their equivalents from other leagues / levels. This is what flair means as far as I know: be the one who does the unexpected even though mathematically there would have been safer options. To me this is what is exciting about football.

2 minutes ago, Matada said:

Why striker on support duty on positive team mentality have very attacking mentality? This is intended? Because on attacking team mentality striker on support have attacking mentality which confused meimage.png.8cd0ebba0e77513493c77f54861ecb5f.pngimage.png.9179113c99c4e1769d87484648243f0d.png

I posted something about this last night too. 

14 hours ago, craigcwwe said:

Are the player mentalities correct? For example, setting up a tactic and I've got a WM-S in a balanced team mentality who has a personal mentality of 'attacking' and then another WM on attack duty which has an 'attacking' mentality. 

Then a AM-S, also on attacking in a balanced team mentality. 

6 minutes ago, Matada said:

Why striker on support duty on positive team mentality have very attacking mentality? This is intended? Because on attacking team mentality striker on support have attacking mentality which confused meimage.png.8cd0ebba0e77513493c77f54861ecb5f.pngimage.png.9179113c99c4e1769d87484648243f0d.png

Report it as a bug. It might just be a UI thing

7 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

This proves both our points :) For a split second, your player Pippa I believe his name is, had the oportunity to make the killer ball himself, but chose to pass it wider. There is nothing wrong with this, but it is concerning because it seems to me that it's actually a trend. I want my highly creative players to "earn their pay" and separate themselves from the pack. Ultimately, this is why you pay the premium for a player like De Bruyne or Pedri, or their equivalents from other leagues / levels. This is what flair means as far as I know: be the one who does the unexpected even though mathematically there would have been safer options. To me this is what is exciting about football.

This is playing in the Vanarama North, so this is exactly what I expect to see. I don't have De Bruyne or Pedri, but I have Eli Phipps with 7 passing and 8 vision. So that pass looks perfectly good for the level I'm at.

So at a higher level, you could well make an argument for another choice, but for my part, this is a good example of what to expect from very good attacking movement (centrally -> wide)  at this level.

9 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

Ultimately, this is why you pay the premium for a player like De Bruyne or Pedri, or their equivalents from other leagues / levels.

I agree with this statement. 

The players' choice was alright but your top players IRL would be looking to slip it through for the striker

8 minutes ago, Matada said:

It will be impacted on your team mentality as well, and it looks like the blurred out part on yours is "Attacking", so based on that he will be attacking on support. If you change the team mentality to balanced, I expect him to be less attacking.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

It will be impacted on your team mentality as well, and it looks like the blurred out part on yours is "Attacking", so based on that he will be attacking on support. If you change the team mentality to balanced, I expect him to be less attacking.

The right hand screenshot shows a lower, Positive mentality, but the player's individual mentality has increased to Very Attacking 

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

This is playing in the Vanarama North, so this is exactly what I expect to see. I don't have De Bruyne or Pedri, but I have Eli Phipps with 7 passing and 8 vision. So that pass looks perfectly good for the level I'm at.

So at a higher level, you could well make an argument for another choice, but for my part, this is a good example of what to expect from very good attacking movement (centrally -> wide)  at this level.

You are absolutely corect, given the league you are playing in, but I saw the same exact thing in top flight teams / leagues and that's why I decided to post about this. I intentionally tried the game, playing as teams with the best (creative) AMCs our there and the result was pretty much what you showed over there in the Vanarama League with very few exceptions.

Just now, GIMN said:

The right hand screenshot shows a lower, Positive mentality, but the player's individual mentality has increased to Very Attacking 

Ah, right, didn't spot that. In that case, please report it as a bug.

Just now, SebastianRO said:

You are absolutely corect, given the league you are playing in, but I saw the same exact thing in top flight teams / leagues and that's why I decided to post about this. I intentionally tried the game, playing as teams with the best (creative) AMCs our there and the result was pretty much what you showed over there in the Vanarama League with very few exceptions.

Well, then i hope you have reported it in the bugs section with the examples you have. I haven't played in the top leagues, but if I do I will report if I don't think the central play is good enough.

23 minutes ago, Matada said:

Team Mentality and Individual mentality are two distinct things. As a manager you can choose the team mentality, Every role and duty can be different, some come hard coded with their own mentalities, duties too adjust individual mentalities. A player on an attacking duty will have a higher mentality than a player on support mentality. So assuming you set the team to balanced mentality. The team is set to 10, then when you choose individual roles, each role works from that value and can be higher or lower. So if that role is an attacking duty he might be 13 and that could take him to a positive mentality. So it will be reflected in his individual instructions as a positive mentality, but like the others have said it does look a big strange...positive to very attacking is a big leap. It is most likely a UI bug

29 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

That would be some pass through two players. Or first time no look pass only the very top players would even attempt.

A quick check suggest both Benjamin Mendy and Gylfi Sigurdsson are removed from the game? Is this correct or am I being blind?

EDIT: may have ticked the ‘hide unavailable players’ option, so happy to be corrected…

Edited by _Ben_

10 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Team Mentality and Individual mentality are two distinct things. As a manager you can choose the team mentality, Every role and duty can be different, some come hard coded with their own mentalities, duties too adjust individual mentalities. A player on an attacking duty will have a higher mentality than a player on support mentality. So assuming you set the team to balanced mentality. The team is set to 10, then when you choose individual roles, each role works from that value and can be higher or lower. So if that role is an attacking duty he might be 13 and that could take him to a positive mentality. So it will be reflected in his individual instructions as a positive mentality, but like the others have said it does look a big strange...positive to very attacking is a big leap. It is most likely a UI bug

First screen:

team: attacking

player: support

player mentality: attacking

second screen:

team: positive

player mentality: very attacking

It doesnt' have any sens to me. In fm 18, where this representation from 0 to 20 as a bar was used last time, on positive team mentality, player mentality on the same role and same team fluidity was always slighlty lower than on attacking team mentality. Removing team fluidity in fm 19 messad upt this things

Edited by Matada

1 minute ago, Matada said:

First screen:

team: attacking

player mentality: attacking

second screen:

team: positive

player mentality: very attacking

It doesnt' have any sens to me. In fm 18, where this representation from 0 to 20 as a bar was used last time, on positive player mentality on the same role and same team fluidity was always slighlty lower. Removing team fluidity in fm 19 messad upt this things

You could be right it would be worth reporting, could be a UI bug cos its easy to replicate

5 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

A quick check suggest both Benjamin Mendy and Gylfi Sigurdsson are removed from the game? Is this correct or am I being blind?

EDIT: may have ticked the ‘hide unavailable players’ option, so happy to be corrected…

Pretty sure they're removed due to their legal troubles.

4 minutes ago, TooTall said:

In my 2nd team (Borussia Dortmund II) in the 3rd division at Germany, players older than 23 can't play. This is a difficult to the  real rules at the german 3rd division

If you think that this is a bug then please report it in the relevant bugs forum

5 minutes ago, TooTall said:

In my 2nd team (Borussia Dortmund II) in the 3rd division at Germany, players older than 23 can't play. This is a difficult to the  real rules at the german 3rd division

Report it if you think they got it wrong 

6 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Pretty sure they're removed due to their legal troubles.

I guessed as much but I didn’t think Gylffi has ever been named by Everton as the player they’ve suspended.

I checked for Mendy (as Man City had just signed Ferland Mendy) and couldn’t see him - although, to be expected as this legal trouble is in the public eye - but then couldn’t find Sigurdsson, even with a player search.

I think it is Theo Hernandez who is also in trouble right now, but haven’t checked him. 

1 minute ago, _Ben_ said:

I guessed as much but I didn’t think Gylffi has ever been named by Everton as the player they’ve suspended.

I checked for Mendy (as Man City had just signed Ferland Mendy) and couldn’t see him - although, to be expected as this legal trouble is in the public eye - but then couldn’t find Sigurdsson, even with a player search.

I think it is Theo Hernandez who is also in trouble right now, but haven’t checked him. 

I think you mean Lucas? He is in the game, although that could be a different story as he plays in Germany, not England and his legal case is a Spanish one, not UK and it's specifically UK lawsuits that are troublesome for SI (see pinned thread in the off topic secton).

57 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

I see what you are saying now. Hopefully some tweaking can be done as FM 19/20 were my least favourite in the end due to this.

27 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

11 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Just a point on this. The policy SI have on this is that they don't include players or staff who are currently under criminal investigation and are not active for their club.