*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

EDIT: @zyfon5

Mate I cannot explain the lack of a statistic working when I am clearly seeing my strikers score a ton of headed goals. It may not be displaying correctly. What I can show is this, and thats with roughly 50% from my strikers being won

71a27a6d2636925266ef3edde44f87ab.png

Here is analysis versus the league. The other 2 massively high grey blobs? Calvert-Lewin (showing he's wayward) and Carrilo (showing he heads almost everything):

68ed9701e33279e2d6e8a58dc0ef0dec.png

Edited by harrycarrie

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Do you have their minutes played in the League?

Ignore other competitions, too small samples and possible favourable match-ups.

If you know how to get that data without sitting around for 5 minutes as the league stats load, let me know and I'm happy to show.

I jumped straight into 1860 Munich as the team I plan to start my long term save with on release. That maybe means that I'm not best assessing the game as I have 0 transfer or scouting budget and no idea who is supposed to be good in the German 3rd tier. Also, all the players are crap so not much good for evaluating the ME. 

However, thoughts so far 

• I really like the match engine and I'm seeing goal scored in ways I haven't in a while. Lots of headed goals, wingers actually cutting the ball back etc. Only criticisms/bugs I have (and I reported it) was that i've had my highlights setting default to "Full Match" on a couple of games...
  • ... The other one is the freakish amount of times people hit the woodwork in my games. I counted 8 in one early match and i'm averaging 3 (in my head). 
  • I really like the skin
  • I really don't like the face gen. Normally, I play through a whole year without installing logo packs or face packs, but that'll be first on my list before I fire up my real save. 
  • Data center looks like a really useful addition, especially once I get into customising it. Will definitely help with my end of year squad assessment.
  • Finally, I'm not sure if this is subjective but 22 seems to generate a lot less heat on my ancient laptop whilst running than 21. Although that might be because i'm not 16 years into a save. 

Now I've got 2 weeks to finally win the league with Everton in 21 before starting my 22 save.  

question/observation... so the stamina / pressing / fitness has been changed, well some part of one of those im not that informed. but yeah so there has been a nerf to full intensity 90mins gegenpressing, fair enough that will naturally bring tiredness, look at bielsas leeds, liverpools first 2-3 years under klopp, leeds seem to tail off 2nd half of seasons and tire out , liverpool had the same problems and muscle injury issues i think , so yeah , they had to tone it down a bit, how i visualise what they done in TC terms is drop the line of engagement to higher instead of all out, more calculated pressing triggers and keeping more possesion to recover , so in turn they are using less energy per full 90 mins.  i believe something has been worked into the new system regarding better pressing triggers? so SI could be trying to work in more methodic pressing / energy conservation along with the nerf to doing it 90mins 40+ games a season, ok.

my issue is this , even if i have dropped my LoE to higher , higher DL , dropped pressing to more pressing , removed prevent short gk dist, dropped passing intensity to standard. then usually i will droped it all to standard/standard mostly playing on balanced/positive , my players are still getting exhausted!. mostly half amber fitness by 65 mins, utilising recovery sessions etc , no one ever really goes above normal intensity in the rest thing etc. 

i feel like the stamina drop or something has been nerfed a little too far! , i still see top teams liverpool,city, probably couple others round the world who still use a high press, well most top teams at the minute are using a high press , with a high paced passing system! just check liverpool at old trafford yesterday , all over united like a rash , quick football, then utilised keeping the ball 60mins plus.

when trying to use this in current ME , im still getting tiredness as if full pressing all the time! , im even getting players tired using a more pressing from a mid standard/standard block.

p.s , some form of pressing intensity is a must for me , wether that be from a low block 442 or high press 433 , dont like passiveness lol. 

anyways this is not a rant , just my findings and opinions, would like to hear yours too and any tips on what use are doing!.

Edited by dannyrefc

1 minute ago, Warlock1792 said:

I'm unable to get the game to even load since playing the beta on Thursday night. 

Anyone have any ideas? First time I've had this issue in the last 15 years. 

Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 13.48.29.png

What's your configuration?

I have not experienced any crashes on my 27" iMac Late 2015 and 13" MacBook Air 2020 (Intel-based)

My only concern so far is that high tempo, short passing feels like it might be a bit too plug and play? 

I’ve got York City (National League North) playing like early 2010’s Barcelona. Completely dominating possession, chances, playing unreal football.. with what feels like very little input from me and what feels like quite a basic system. 

3 hours ago, FrazT said:

Just to confirm:

Five or six substitutionsChanges to the number of substitutions which each team can make during a match, which were enforced ahead of the knockout stage during the coronavirus pandemic in July 2020, will remain in place for this edition of the tournament. Up to a maximum of six subs can be used in one match, depending on the stage of the competition. Under Article 41.04 of the regulations, UEFA explain: “Up to five of the substitutes listed on each team’s match sheet may take part in the match. Exceptionally, a sixth substitute listed on the match sheet may take part in knockout matches exclusively during extra time. Each team may use a maximum of three stoppages in play to make substitutions (one additional stoppage in extra-time can be used). Substitutions made before the start of the match, during half-time, between the end of normal playing time and extra time, and at half-time during extra time do not reduce the number of stoppages in play that can be used. A player who has been substituted may take no further part in the match”.

I’m wondering if SI’s implementation of this runs at cross-purposes to its stance that COVID and its effects would not be in the game. 
Those real life substitution rules are not only temporary but were brought in by footballing authorities to aid teams during this period due to their inability to turn out full rosters and usual physical fitness.

If the pandemic is not represented in the game, it follows that the rules devised to combat it shouldn’t be either. 

17 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Where can I see the players average position (with and without the ball) in the data hub? I've had a look but can't find it. Is it somewhere else or has it been removed? Thanks.

From memory,, I think it's in match>stats> average position 

Anyone else feel they are hitting the woodwork far too often?

By going to data hub > team > shots and then clicking %, I get the following:

https://imgur.com/XIOAu54

5% of my shots are hitting the crossbar and 3% hitting the posts.

8% of shots in total are hitting the woodwork. This is from 777 shots total, so not a small sample size.

Edited by SuperRedditch

21 минуту назад, SpitfireFM сказал:

My only concern so far is that high tempo, short passing feels like it might be a bit too plug and play? 

I’ve got York City (National League North) playing like early 2010’s Barcelona. Completely dominating possession, chances, playing unreal football.. with what feels like very little input from me and what feels like quite a basic system. 

Yes, right now it's very easy for footballers in different divisions to successfully pass the ball and receive it without mistake. We want more bad touches and passes, but can we get it in release? 

43 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

What's your configuration?

I have not experienced any crashes on my 27" iMac Late 2015 and 13" MacBook Air 2020 (Intel-based)

Macbook Pro 2015 version

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Just tried uninstalling and re-installing and it shows the same error message when you click play on steam. I was playing the game fine on Thursday & Saturday only today its started showing this. 

48 minutes ago, Warlock1792 said:

I'm unable to get the game to even load since playing the beta on Thursday night. 

Anyone have any ideas? First time I've had this issue in the last 15 years. 

Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 13.48.29.png

Please report your issue in the bugs forum via the bugs tracker. There's a section called crashes/technical issues. SI can assist from there.

28 minutes ago, SpitfireFM said:

It'll be worth noting some periods of prime Barca type play, reporting it & uploading the pkm for SI to have a look at :thup: 

Anybody aware of the issue that beta has bad performance on AMD processors? I've heard there is this issues on some fb groups, and I noticed today that my game lacks even on 2d match, it runs very slow. My cpu is Ryzen 7, brand new laptop

1 minute ago, gggfunk said:

Anybody aware of the issue that beta has bad performance on AMD processors? I've heard there is this issues on some fb groups, and I noticed today that my game lacks even on 2d match, it runs very slow. My cpu is Ryzen 7, brand new laptop

If you're having technical issues, it's best to report it in the bugs forum via the bug tracker so that SI can have a look.

I'm quite enjoying FM22 and look forward to seeing the acknowledged bugs and issues bring sorted. I agree with feedback questioning how some of the issues have been carried over from alpha to beta. I would have not bought the game if it weren't available at around £25.

I'm not particularly excited with the new features and wish SI would just take the plunge and invest in a new graphics engine. I know a lot of people are concerned with PC specs, but the game has to advance. If you were to show images of profile pictures, grounds and crowds to someone with no knowledge of FM they'd probably think it's from a game of 20 years ago. I suspect it's the 3D match engine that's holding back a much requested custom set-piece creator too.

The glaringly obvious overpowered attacking headers from crosses, set pieces and corners (particularly annoying when players at 5'8" outjump my 6'3" CB) and the long ball over the top are the things that are spoiling it for me right now. 

Upon the full game being released and played I'll happily leave more detailed feedback and a review on Steam. Until then I hope SI crack on with bugs and deliver a game us long-standing customers deserve because this could be the best version since 2017.

5 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

I'm quite enjoying FM22 and look forward to seeing the acknowledged bugs and issues bring sorted. I agree with feedback questioning how some of the issues have been carried over from alpha to beta. I would have not bought the game if it weren't available at around £25.

Beta is open to more players than the Alpha, so if things seem buggy as a Beta player, please do report them on the tracker as now is the time before full release because I imagine the players on full release will thinking the same about the beta players :thup:

1 hour ago, pdmalcolm said:
  • I really like the match engine and I'm seeing goal scored in ways I haven't in a while. Lots of headed goals, wingers actually cutting the ball back etc. Only criticisms/bugs I have (and I reported it) was that i've had my highlights setting default to "Full Match" on a couple of games...
  • I really like the skin
  • Data center looks like a really useful addition, especially once I get into customising it. Will definitely help with my end of year squad assessment.
  • Finally, I'm not sure if this is subjective but 22 seems to generate a lot less heat on my ancient laptop whilst running than 21. Although that might be because i'm not 16 years into a save. 

This is basically what I logged in to say, though have only watched 6 preseason matches so far. Think this will be first year I won't bother with any skins, I like the look. The reason I bolded the last part is I'm on a 2yr PC but the efficiency seems so much better than 21 overall which was a whole lot quicker than anything before.

Still early days but so far I'm a very happy bunny.

20 minutes ago, JPChenet said:

The glaringly obvious overpowered attacking headers from crosses, set pieces and corners (particularly annoying when players at 5'8" outjump my 6'3" CB) and the long ball over the top are the things that are spoiling it for me right now. 

I thought it was just my amazing tactics that was making Giroud the best player in the world :lol: Being serious though, I have scored close to 20 goals from near post corner headers in Serie A in first season. Tonali near post corner to Giroud attacking near post... goal! I mean... it makes sense it would work :lol:

Edited by BrightLad5

1 hour ago, samuelawachie said:

I’m wondering if SI’s implementation of this runs at cross-purposes to its stance that COVID and its effects would not be in the game. 
Those real life substitution rules are not only temporary but were brought in by footballing authorities to aid teams during this period due to their inability to turn out full rosters and usual physical fitness.

If the pandemic is not represented in the game, it follows that the rules devised to combat it shouldn’t be either. 

Given that the EFL is licensed, SI are obligated to replicate the rules as they exist.

25 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

This is basically what I logged in to say, though have only watched 6 preseason matches so far. Think this will be first year I won't bother with any skins, I like the look. The reason I bolded the last part is I'm on a 2yr PC but the efficiency seems so much better than 21 overall which was a whole lot quicker than anything before.

Still early days but so far I'm a very happy bunny.

Yea I love the skin this year. FM 21 was the first year I played with the original skin but mainly do to the attributes stars mod. Some of the skins I’ve tried last year just made things cluttered (playing on a laptop didn’t help) with too much info. I like the simple look especially this year.

58 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Seriously wondering who thought up some of these UI changes this year:

image.png.0f8d4e945975c2f55153ffa90b0c0541.png

See that Acknowledge button? Yeah, I don't really see it either. It was even better at 20+ players, it basically was nothing but a small purple stripe for me to click on. Also no idea why the tabs from the scout report, yes I know I can skill hover over that icon at the top to see a player's attributes, but going through a large number of reports still feels way more tedious now. What need was there to change any of this?! Now we basically just have a whole bunch of wasted space.

Can you Imagine this on a low res monitor? Yeah, not good at all!

Edited by LucasBR

8 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Can you Imagine this on a low res monitor? Yeah, not good at all!

ahh , no wonder i cannot see it then on my laptop zoom110 , guess ill never be acknowledging players scout reports then, for the sake of being able to read the text cos i have bad eyes. 

is there anything going to be done about this or just bad luck for being visually impaired and not having a giant monitor lol. 

If you find bugs, please report them in the bug tracker. This is a beta after all, so some errors here and there is to be expected. Your best chance of getting this fixed is to report it, if no one does it's less likely to get on SI's radar to be fixed.

1 hour ago, Freakiie said:

Seriously wondering who thought up some of these UI changes this year:

image.png.0f8d4e945975c2f55153ffa90b0c0541.png

See that Acknowledge button? Yeah, I don't really see it either. It was even better at 20+ players, it basically was nothing but a small purple stripe for me to click on. Also no idea why the tabs from the scout report, yes I know I can skill hover over that icon at the top to see a player's attributes, but going through a large number of reports still feels way more tedious now. What need was there to change any of this?! Now we basically just have a whole bunch of wasted space.

Well it's a beta. It's not going to be perfect, just report it so it can get fixed before release

My first impressions of the game are good. I'm still tooling about in pre-season with Newcastle while I wait for the full release. I haven't noticed anything that needs reporting that hasn't already been. The ball not being very visible at the feet of players in 2D is my biggest gripe at the moment, I recently invested in a very decent laptop, but I think I'm a 2D guy for life. 

Very much looking forward to the already reported stuff being ironed out and starting my usual Peterborough United save on release day. 

Expectations for some squads are really terrible... Started playing with Dortmund to see Haaland and Moukoko, told the players that I expected to win the German Cup and they thought I was being extremely ambitious... Really??? I told them that I expected to fight for the Bundesliga and they were happy about it but they thought fighting for the Cup is too much....

Pre-season team chat seems a bit off. Playing in the conference north with York, most of the team were 'insulted' when I told them we could go up as champions.

We're 3rd favorites and the only professional outfit in the league. Surely the players would be expecting us to be there or thereabouts.

I don't really understand this question, I have never lost the dressing room nor whatever so I don't get it? Worst that the morale was at was at "Okay" and that was very early into my Górnik Zabrze job, as they were bottom with like 2 wins and that was the morale after a draw, but overall the morale was Super High, only one unhappy player who later dropped the issue and that's that, at Maribor despite being sacked the atmosphere was still great, not one unhappy player so I don't get it?

image.thumb.png.d163b88868ecd4a2b189624971a5cc26.png

3 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

Yep, these team meetings are still terrible as ever. They lack any sort of context whatsoever, way too rigid and unforgiving.

What I found works best, is to just go with whatever board expects from you. Even if I know I can achieve more, I always align my team meetings with board expectations and it at least doesn't blow up in my face.

+1

6 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

Explain the lack of key headers then. That one definitely look super weird to me. 

This is what it normally will look like: (granted this is FM20 but the stats should apply the same regardless unless there are errors with registering key headers in the ME part)

There is a good chance to get some key headers when your strikers are playing close to the goal.

header1.jpg

header2.jpg

From what I remember during my testing on FM21, key headers were only attributed to a player for a defensive header in their own box (e.g. a striker clearing a ball from a defensive corner would count as a key header), not for winning a header in the opposition box.

8 hours ago, CharlieTZR said:

Frankly I am struggling with 442 and I still make experiments. It might be my players not really suited for this 

These are some basic stuff but just in case I'll say them anyway: For me I make sure my player roles aren't all roles that have players going wide (obvs having some is fine, i play with one winger and one wingback). Also think about the width you've set for your team, if they are set to have positions that are extremely very wide then your players will receive the ball in wide positions and might not have central players close to them. When your playing with two strikers make sure at least one of them is dropping back  to get involved in the buildup, otherwise there will be no options in the centre of the pitch and the players will be forced to pass wide. Lastly make sure your creative central players have roles that will enable them to make use of their creativity and arent playing something like a Ball Winning Midfielder.

Had a good central play here. The striker (FP-A) drops down, turns, and sees and the winger (W-A) runs into the channel. The pass is nice and the winger slots it home.

xzvkt6i.gif

I'm guessing this is the central play I'm talking about that other doesn't see. Not saying there isn't any issues, but it doesn't look bad to me.

4-2-3-1 is still OP and overutilized by AI managers. 

And I see a lot of AI managers who have a 3 back system change their pref formation to 4-2-3-1 when they get a new job. Hopefully its tweaked a bit for release. Also the AI teams that use 3 back systems dont use the new wide center back role that often.

9 minutes ago, andu1 said:

4-2-3-1 is still OP and overutilized by AI managers. 

And I see a lot of AI managers who have a 3 back system change their pref formation to 4-2-3-1 when they get a new job. Hopefully its tweaked a bit for release. Also the AI teams that use 3 back systems dont use the new wide center back role that often.

I'd disagree. I've seen a lot of AI systems with the WCB role

2 hours ago, kertiek said:

Automatic subs still happen when I use match plans and uncheck allow substitutions, I reported this  bug 4 years ago, I been reporting it on every release, in beta stage and after full release, they just refuse to fix it and frankly at this point I give up.

This happened to me in FM21, but i haven`t tried it out for the beta of FM22. If this problem still exist i find it hard to understand why the feature of match plans is even in the game.