*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, XaW said:

No they don't have be treated as anything other than normal human beings. And calling for staff to be sacked or removed is not within the the rules of this forum. In any case, this is not feedback about FM22 and got nothing to do with this thread.

Please read up on the rules before you continue posting.

The original comment was about FM22 BETA and the signs of the awful 2020 ME returning. I thought the idea of a forum was CUSTOMER feedback. Mine was to the point, sorry you don't like it.

1 minute ago, ianmatt15 said:

The original comment was about FM22 BETA and the signs of the awful 2020 ME returning. I thought the idea of a forum was CUSTOMER feedback. Mine was to the point, sorry you don't like it.

The comment doesn't mention a single thing about the Beta. If you have some feedback please post it here, making sure you follow the rules and guidelines to the use of this forum. This is the final post regarding this.

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

@ianmatt15, if you have constructive feedback, please add it. It's very usefull to SI/Devs when review issues. Non-constructive feedback isn't needed.

Thanks I will second that Rashidi says in the video. Which is in a nutshell a return to the tedious cross and head of FM 2020 in the FM 2022 BETA. Sorry your pal rubbed me up with his tone, my original point was making a direct point.

There are serious flaws in the ME at the moment. Example of two home games. My team has created more CCC, but the AI GKs turn into prime David De Gea. Even when the GK has been beaten defenders clear the ball off the line, or it hits the post, which I understand happens now and again. open play goals v me are usually a keeper mistake from a long shot, or a corner.

Screenshot 2021-11-03 194631.png

Screenshot 2021-11-03 194518.png

6 minutes ago, ianmatt15 said:

Thanks I will second that Rashidi says in the video. Which is in a nutshell a return to the tedious cross and head of FM 2020 in the FM 2022 BETA. Sorry your pal rubbed me up with his tone, my original point was making a direct point.

You should watch the video in more detail. He mentions that the IF isn't working as intended, but the IW is doing that. For now, that's worth considering instead.

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You should watch the video in more detail. He mentions that the IF isn't working as intended, but the IW is doing that. For now, that's worth considering instead.

Crossing simulator he said, along with long throws. It was full backs 19 and 20 but the effect is similar with wingers constant wide and cross. I agree with that and my fear is a step back towards 2019 and even worse 2020. That is the impression this customer has. If it turns out my fears were misplaced next week I will be the first to say.

Its the beta, it always has some flaws and as always the key is to feed them back as bugs as this is the best way to get them fixed to improve the game. Raise new ones else add to existing with say PKM / screen shot / game save evidence just before an occurrence of the issue

We are close to final release, fingers crossed the key ones are resolved.

I have reported bugs to do with fullbacks/wingbacks getting very high match ratings because of crossing. (If your wingbacks have low ratings then they must be useless lol) It is very unbalanced. I have holidayed dozens of 1st seasons and Andrew Robertson is essentially the world player of the year averaging close to 8.00 for the season. Excellent left back but no ballon d’or. If the match engine is not re balanced then this version is unplayable (which would be a shame). The passing statistics is also a massive put off (centre backs). It is beta so fingers crossed.

Edited by Dbuk1

I am LOVING the new game!!! Although I’m not putting full attention into the beta (just going to games to get used to the match engine and role) I’m finding the changes really good. 

The only slight concern I have is that the CD stopper role appears to be too passive. 

15 hours ago, Robbe8 said:

I don't think it's about winning every match, it's probably the opposite to be honest, people don't like winning easily (at least older FM players) so this is the reason we are in this topic..

Winning easily? 

7 minutes ago, Platinum said:

I just got a goalkeeper get an injured arm during a match! It was the opposition goalkeeper and it was after the keeper came out for a one on one and collided with my striker. He's out injured for 2 months.

Whats wrong with that? 

Edited by MrGizMo

21 minutes ago, Platinum said:

I just got a goalkeeper get an injured arm during a match! It was the opposition goalkeeper and it was after the keeper came out for a one on one and collided with my striker. He's out injured for 2 months.

That;s a nice touch,

Got to say I'm really impressed with the AI transfers. Now top - mid clubs go for the best young talents available and really strengthen their squads. Didn't find that happen too often on fm21, if you were a big club you could easily poach the best young talent without much competition. Now it's different

Edited by Metal

5 hours ago, autohoratio said:

Would be interested to know your corner routine. Not sure if it's the overpowered lack of tactical familiarity but when I'm attempting short corners, it often results in the corner taker playing a 1-2 with the Come Short player but failing to get onside before the return pass, or the Come Short player trying to play a long ball to a player on the edge of the area which is often cut out by the opposition.

Sure. I get that sometimes, it isn't a foolproof, every corner = chance thing, but it leads to 3/4 chances a game. I have only tested it in this formation though (1CB, 3MCs, 3SCs). I've played one match tonight, 2 corner goals:

https://streamable.com/gvlqhh

https://streamable.com/fsur7v

9127ecc10b6e56977b577012f1cd2d1e.png

Edited by harrycarrie

Anyone know why I never get job offers from other clubs? Does it even happen in the game? I remember in old fms I would get offers to manage the national team, now never even last fm21

Edited by Metal

50 minutes ago, Metal said:

That;s a nice touch,

Got to say I'm really impressed with the AI transfers. Now top - mid clubs go for the best young talents available and really strengthen their squads. Didn't find that happen too often on fm21, if you were a big club you could easily poach the best young talent without much competition. Now it's different

Yeah I really liking transfers this year. The changes could have easily been featured but I guess its one of those discover as you play, But some clearing up about some inflations could stop the confusion that's going on.

1 hour ago, Platinum said:

I actually just had a GK injured in training lol Ive never seen that in the vanilla game.

23 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

You guys must be experiencing very different transfers from what I've seen in my saves. For me, other than the English clubs (and PSG I guess) that have so much money that they simply buy whatever they want, AI transfers have been atrocious. Dutch clubs that are famed for developing youngsters just blow all their cash on ageing superstars, with Ajax buying the likes of Cavani, Kolarov and Elneny in season 1 and continuing this trend, making typical Ajax transfers such as Gündogan, Sarabia, Rabiot, Nacho, Wijnaldum, NEYMAR, yes they got in bloody 35 year old Neymar for one season before he retired and more. PSV does the exact same thing, just without the money, so they get ageing not really superstars.

The Spanish clubs are basically gone from the European scene (1 final for Atletico in 18 years), despite spending a lot of money (yes even Barcelona does ok again after a while). They just buy way too many players, with none of those players really being good enough (what'd you expect when you buy 5 not great players for 30m each instead of just splashing that cash where needed). They have the financial resources, but waste them. Bayern is exactly the same early on, they buy a lot of players and then offload these players in 1-2 seasons for a fraction of the price they paid because most of them barely play due to not being good enough and simply having too many players. Dortmund I guess plays it somewhat smart, by picking up all the cheap scraps Bayern feeds them. They had absolutely no interest in developing youngsters though, at one point like 6-7 years in, teams like Ajax and Bayern didn't have a single U23 player in their first team (not even as bench warmers!) with the youngest players being the youth products that are at the club from the beginning.

Interestingly enough, once newgens start kicking in Bayern (and Hertha thanks to their weird sugar daddy status) suddenly woke up and actually started making top transfers (the Bundesliga, despite Bayern and Hertha having that financial power had 1 top transfer in my first 14 or something seasons) and are now competing again in the CL, which was for a long time completely dominated (and now is again) by City. Difference is though that Bayern now has a superstar team that can rival City (Heck they have the 2 most expensive transfers right now actually, with one of those being a former City star player), but this massive splashing didn't happen until newgens kicked in.

That last part does have me somewhat curious whether this is pure coincidence, or if this is some reputation shenanigans going on again. I've always felt that real players often have much higher reputation than equally skilled newgens have (resulting in massively overpaid transfers for real players, while you have 5 newgens floating around that are just as good, half the price and way younger), so I wouldn't be surprised if newgen reputation does matter quite a bit in regards to Bayern suddenly splashing on these kind of players. Then again, I've seen Bayern manage to sign Mbappé on other saves (admittedly as free agent and we all know wage demands in FM are nowhere near as crazy as real life), so who knows why Bayern refused to pay properly (despite frequently spending 100m+ total on transfers in a year) until newgens started kicking (and no, it wasn't something obvious like a tycoon takeover).

Edit: Oh, and add to that how clubs are still way too willing to let players go as always. Especially early on where you can pick up a whole bunch of stuff for bargain prices. AI really should say no a lot more often.

Interesting. I guess different setups will get different results. It is still beta though. For context, I have all league loaded as playable and turned the first window off.

The game has a very responsive Me. But I see some things that I dislike: The players go a lot to the sides of the field even with the strategy of playing through the center, I realize that there have been many penalty goals, I still see shots from the goalkeeper towards the attacker who always wins at the speed of the defender.
The VAR is perfect, totally unpredictable, I'm enjoying the ball disputes and especially the corner goals.

I believe that the amount of shots has to decrease during the statistics but the point that should improve is mainly the variations of shots: cuts by the defense, shots that go crooked, and goalkeepers' defenses (which by the way is very good!)

I hope that for the official release of the game Sigames doesn't spoil the game, you have to be very punctual with the changes because we have the best ME ever!

58 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I understand, but my point being if I have an AP with passing and vision of 5 compared to one with 15 and 15... I honestly can't tell the difference in quality, quantity and amount of balls in 22 whereas in 21 I could.

Being able to visually see the difference between poor, average, good and world class players and poor non league teams and league teams is essential. And combined with the passing completion issue at all levels of the game and tika taka I'm seeing non league sides attempt (and succeed with) rather than hoofball I'm not sure this target is currently being met.

Whether or not you can succeed with tiki taka is not about which league you're in, it's about whether your training sessions are geared toward that play style, and it's about how good your players are compared to the other team.

I've just watched my right IW shoot, beat the keeper and the ball hit the left post, falls to the left IW who is about 3 yards out and has any empty goal to shoot into......

And he turned away and started running wide before attempting to cross out back into the box.

Might be time for me to put the game away until the 9th :lol:

On 02/11/2021 at 22:55, Martini said:

As a lower league manager I'm still waiting for realistic lower league stadiums, it has nothing do to do with rights or anything, it is as easy as removing some stands and tv's to make a 500 capacity won't look like a 15.000 capacity stadium

It is super simple and has never been fixed for years, I love this game but this keep ruining the fun of LLM

20211103235742_1.thumb.jpg.bb62e08630b2d120206e9b26336d6a34.jpg20211103235755_1.thumb.jpg.c5d5eb4adcb6a2fa46f9f860e88c2309.jpg

Found a stadium where stands are removed and no tv, so credit to SI for this stadium that looks like it's at the back of a prison/council estate

Edited by Metal

6 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Great video by Rashidi summarizing the current match engine flaws.

I'd only add AI being able to keep possession endlessly to the list, but that's been an issue for a while now.

Its a Beta version and he is playing key moments? The key moments of a movie isn't the whole movie . The video is flawed 

2 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

I've just watched my right IW shoot, beat the keeper and the ball hit the left post, falls to the left IW who is about 3 yards out and has any empty goal to shoot into......

And he turned away and started running wide before attempting to cross out back into the box.

Might be time for me to put the game away until the 9th :lol:

I had similar but was on the goal line then passed backwards to a player who was surrounded by the opposition.  He managed to score though 

1 hour ago, Metal said:

20211103235742_1.thumb.jpg.bb62e08630b2d120206e9b26336d6a34.jpg20211103235755_1.thumb.jpg.c5d5eb4adcb6a2fa46f9f860e88c2309.jpg

Found a stadium where stands are removed and no tv, so credit to SI for this stadium that looks like it's at the back of a prison/council estate

Im sure this was in FM21 as well . In the pre editor when it comes out you can select training ground with no stands or crowds at all

31 minutes ago, WizbaII said:

Whether or not you can succeed with tiki taka is not about which league you're in, it's about whether your training sessions are geared toward that play style, and it's about how good your players are compared to the other team.

This is not entirely the case, at least in any given match. A lot of factors that don't include normal (or at least visible) player stats, or their familiarity with a particular tactic, can have a significant impact. This includes things like player expectations for the season. If you are exceeding expectations, your players will just not work as hard, and there is little you can do to remediate this performance hit until you hold a team meeting and raise expectations (and it's helpful if they more or less agree to this). If you've been praising their performance at every opportunity, raising morale, they will lose focus, and play poorly as a result of complacency. Even if you've handled your team with a good balanced approach, there's going to be a performance penalty applied if you've been on a long winning streak.

There are a number of these factors, and they can lead to your players being useless lumps on the field. Conversely, it can lead to teams of abhorrent ability to demolish a Premier team or two. I haven't looked at the code to see how it's precisely applied, but these concerns seem to be more or less THE determining factor in lower leagues. Perhaps it's because players don't have high professionalism, consistency, determination, or whatever, but the effect is far more dramatic. Performance will go in waves, which you can see in your match reports, which does take into account your opponents ratings. You might get a B+, then an A+, then a C-, then an F, then a C, then a B+.. and the cycle goes on.

You can certainly influence this wave of performance with your management, set of tactics and whatnot, but the external effects are always there, and if you know what you're doing some of it can be manipulated to your advantage. The problem is that the way it's applied can create pretty silly scenarios. You might play the worst team in the league, with no wins and stats similar to most youth candidates, and they'll all of a sudden be playing like they're superstars. Players with 4 long shot skill will nearly blast a hole in the back of your net on a corner. They'll dominate possession, and there's no tackling them. Things like that. It's because their stats have temporarily been inflated to those superstar levels. Perhaps they're getting +3 or +4, maybe more, to all their stats. This kind of thing can be overcome at the top tier, but in the lower reaches of the game it's essentially boosting them up a league or two, and it strains believability when amateur hour people are pulling off heroic feats they should have no reasonable expectation of doing.

This has all been the case for a while in FM, but I am noticing that I'm at the mercy of these outside forces a bit more in this FM for some reason. I too am seeing my players do a lot of things my players shouldn't be able to do on occasion. In other instances I'm seeing them play so horrendously that this too is not very believable, where they make zero shots on inferior opposition. I can yell at them till I'm blue in the face and get no response but blank expressions until the end of the match where they agree that it was bad. It just seems broken. It's frustrating and a bit disappointing playing in the super low leagues now. At least to me. I did play a lower tier pro team with a budget of around 400k, and it was a more reasonable experience.

Good morning guys and gals- A quick update for you all

The feedback thread is opened after every major game or update launch to enable the developers to quickly gauge the user's reactions and note the god, the not so good and the bad, which helps in their development cycle.  What they don't really want in this thread ( as highlighted in the opening post ) is users having discussions, particularly about the ME and tactics during which new feedback can sometimes get swamped.  It is appreciated that the users are trying to help and answer questions but the top 5 users in this thread already have over 225 posts between them and as this happens every time it does cause some issues for SI.

So a quick general request to the regular users in here to have a think before posting to ensure that this thread and the full game feedback thread when it comes out will be used for the purpose for which it was opened and not as a discussion platform.

12 minutes ago, hursty2 said:

Is anyone else noticing a great deal of crosses being hit into the defender then going out for a corner? It seems to be excessive.

I’ve heard literally the opposite from the majority of feedback so far

1 hour ago, Renyy said:

My scouting budget is locked at max despite having 20 million left in my transfer budget, 40 million in balance and only 20k in scouting budget. Should I report this as a bug? Never seen this before, so figure it has to be yeah? 

You should be able to approach the board and either ask for a larger scouting  budget or to reassign some of the transfer budget.

6 hours ago, Freakiie said:

You guys must be experiencing very different transfers from what I've seen in my saves. For me, other than the English clubs (and PSG I guess) that have so much money that they simply buy whatever they want, AI transfers have been atrocious. Dutch clubs that are famed for developing youngsters just blow all their cash on ageing superstars, with Ajax buying the likes of Cavani, Kolarov and Elneny in season 1 and continuing this trend, making typical Ajax transfers such as Gündogan, Sarabia, Rabiot, Nacho, Wijnaldum, NEYMAR, yes they got in bloody 35 year old Neymar for one season before he retired and more. PSV does the exact same thing, just without the money, so they get ageing not really superstars.

That was also going on in FM21. Both Ajax and PSV where buying old players and not going for youth 

6 hours ago, prot651 said:

Its a Beta version and he is playing key moments? The key moments of a movie isn't the whole movie . The video is flawed 

There are likely few folks outside of SI staff that understand the ME better than Rashidi (hence why they've given him so many sticky posts in the tactics forum).

That he's got highlights on key for this video is irrelevant. Any conclusion he's come to about the game is almost certainly from playing full matches.

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

14 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

The whole UI both in match and out has been a shambles since last year.

Its like they get paid per extra click they make the user do. The match UI is absolutley horrific and takes all immersion and the actual details managers need away from them.

But hey... At least we look trendy with our useless Touchline Tablets in our hands eh :rolleyes:

Then there's the whol removing player condition numbers as "it's a simulation and in real life you don't get to see a % of a players condition"...

That's the point. It's a simulation. We aren't physically there in the stadium at the touchline seeing a player wince, struggle and be blowing air. Which is why we need things like that to help us! 

Completely agree.  Last night, with work, family and walking the dog etc. etc., I only had time to get in 2 matches.  Some nights I might only manage 1.  As I don't have much time, I never watch on Comprehensive highlights.  Without being able to see the stats/average positions etc. etc. until half time, I feel disconnected from the match.  One game last night, I got few highlights in the first half (0-0) and had no clue what was happening.  Saw the stats/details at the half, made a tactical change and won 2-0.  With access to the stats in FM19/20 I would have been able to have a look at 20 minutes if there had been few highlights.

So, please, please SI for full release - can we give users the choice of the old UI, which would include being able to access the stats, average positions etc. at any time - or the new UI?  Not all of us have time to watch on Comprehensive highlights - but we do still want to play the game and feel immersed.  Not knowing what is happening bursts that immersion bubble.

Of course, all this was said last year - and I do understand time, money and effort has gone into the new UI - but surely with all the feedback on here regarding the UI for FM21 and 22, change is needed?  At least let us access the stats at any time and not have to wait until the half.

10 hours ago, Platinum said:

It's a good thing. In match injuries to goalkeepers have historically been extremely rare.

Icing on the cake would have been he got a red card also for the late challenge in a goal scoring opportunity :D

6 hours ago, prot651 said:

It's point out some flaws within ME. Doesn't matter if it's key or full match; and yes Rashidi watch matches in full. These flaws is known issue to SI and try to nail it down.

9 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Interesting. I guess different setups will get different results. It is still beta though. For context, I have all league loaded as playable and turned the first window off.

I have all the bigger leagues loaded, so it's definitely not a case of not loaded leagues resulting in the clubs doing silly things.

2 hours ago, MrGizMo said:

That was also going on in FM21. Both Ajax and PSV where buying old players and not going for youth 

They did, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad in my experience. Looks to me that players are far more willing to play in the Eredivisie, a lot of the names Ajax got I doubt would make the step towards the Eredivisie in past FMs. Of course realistically there's also no way Ajax should be able to pay their overpriced salaries, but in FM their demands are generally far lower and finances are way easier.

I've just had an 18 question press conference for the arrival of a loanee. Left back cover for my depleted York City squad.

Does anyone think 18 questions is a bit excessive for a Conference North loan signing? There was only one journalist in attendance.

Edited by Lempicka
Typo

14 hours ago, Zemahh said:

Great video by Rashidi summarizing the current match engine flaws.

I'd only add AI being able to keep possession endlessly to the list, but that's been an issue for a while now.

So he's saying a game that isn't finished and still in beta is broken? Okay.

3 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

I've just had an 18 question press conference for the arrival of a loanee. Left back cover for my depleted York City squad.

Does anyone think 18 questions is a bit excessive for a Conference North loan signing? There was only one journalist in attendance.

Yep. I live in York and trust me there's not that much interest in York City!