*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

I would guess that the valuation is meant to indicate a "market value" rather than an actual value. The value of the player to you and your squad is different. If he is performing well then you would likely want more than the market value, and vice versa if he is poor.

I'm sure it fluctuates as well with performance, contract length, age and so on. I like it. I know my own player TO ME is worth say 50 million, but to a higher placed buying team he won't be worth that if he's only going to go there to be a squad player.

I like the valuation range thing.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, duesouth said:

I had a player who was out for 6 months with a ligament injury.  The second he was back in full training - condition still wasn't 100%, let alone sharpness - he wanted to talk to me as he'd been left out of the team recently and was worried about losing his international place.  Now, the game did respond OK when I told him he'd just come back from injury and be patient - but that side of things really needs to be toned down for full release as it's a real drag.

Please report things like this, if you haven't already. :thup:

Really liking the game so far but my god are crosses/headers broken at the moment.

My 23 year old striker has just scored a total of 14 goals in just 3 games, that's just insane lol.

So hopefully that's balanced a little better in the official release.

lucca.png

24 minutes ago, duesouth said:

I had a player who was out for 6 months with a ligament injury.  The second he was back in full training - condition still wasn't 100%, let alone sharpness - he wanted to talk to me as he'd been left out of the team recently and was worried about losing his international place.  Now, the game did respond OK when I told him he'd just come back from injury and be patient - but that side of things really needs to be toned down for full release as it's a real drag.

This has been reported and will be reviewed for the full release.

Loving the game so far (but I do every year really).

Not fussed about how goals are scored as long as I’m winning! Same 4-2-3-1 i use every year seems to be going okay at spurs.

Play on commentary only so never affected by how games look.

Love the new deadline day. 

Only real gripes is the player search screens resetting to top of the page and the press conference questions/team talks wordings have gone backwards. Some of the things you would just never say and there’s not always an appropriate answer.

Edited by woodsy1983

On 03/11/2021 at 06:52, Zemahh said:

There's clearly plenty to see, at least I'd hope so. Don't think being creative with tools the game provides you should be seen as "trying to break the game". Or should we all stick to a Standard 4-4-2 w/ no instructions or custom set pieces, so that the world's most realistic football simulation doesn't break?

@harrycarrie please raise this in the Bug Tracker, that match looks like something devs would be interested in.

A proper response, well played. Imagine thinking someone is flexing 'breaking' the engine lul.

1 hour ago, X-Necrosis said:

Really liking the game so far but my god are crosses/headers broken at the moment.

My 23 year old striker has just scored a total of 14 goals in just 3 games, that's just insane lol.

So hopefully that's balanced a little better in the official release.

lucca.png

Lucca has 17-18 heading so he should be scoring headers like there's no tomorrow.

I don't think heading is broken, rather there is an over tendency for the teams to go wide and whip in crosses rather than probing through the middle more, but I think this has been addressed

I'm really enjoying watching moves breakdown. Playing in the Conference North, it's really refreshing to see a nice 5 pass move, totally scuppered by an overhit through ball - a shanked cross.

It's seeing things like this that gives me hope for the ME. If SI can tone down the exessive crosses and breath a bit of life into the IFs - I'll be happy come release day.

Edited by Lempicka
typo

9 hours ago, Jonthedon26 said:

Sorry to cover old ground with the transfer value talk again, but does anyone else feel like some of the values are way too low?

I understand with covid and what not that the market has stagnated a little bit and clubs arent spending as much, and that the value system is a mere guide and clubs could sell for more or less, but in my current Birmingham City save I have managed to purchase several decent players for less than £100k so far, and also some of my players values seem extremely low to what I would expect in real life.

Just one example...Gary Gardner. Not a great player, not a bad player. He has decent attributes and 18 months left on his contract. In real life now if we sold him I would expect about a million for him, £500k as a minimum as he is in and around the first team and proven at this level. On FM he is valued at £20k - £50k. That seems crazy low to me for a proven championship player who is only 29 years old. 

I think the transfer values and transfer activity are brilliant this year.

I've sold fringe players for around 40-50 million. I've seen big clubs now go for promising young players whether they free or for their transfer valuation

In my save

City bought

• Haaland for 111million
  • Signed wonderkid Musiala for 112million
  • Lautaro Martine for 82 million

Liverpool signed

• Kessie for 79 million
  • wonderkid Yeremy Pino 89 million
  • Wonderkid Adeyemi Free transfer

Chelsea signed

• Promising Wonderkid lllya Zabarnyl for 34 million
  • wonderkid Jullian Rijkhoff 8 millioon
  • Ward Prowse 16 million
  • wonderkid Benjamin Sesko 47.5 million

Arsenal bought

• wonerkid Yunus Musah 33 million
  • Duvan Zapata 18 million

PSG Signed

• Greizzman for free
  • Merih Demiral 34 million
  • wonderkid Dominik Szoboszial 86 million
  • wondderkid Nuno Mendes 34 million

Last year hardly any transfer activity happened, the community devs had to release a realistic transfer mod because clubs were never after young players and as a big club you would have free reign to poach all the best wonderkids without any competition

But English clubs (and PSG) always did that. They always had a ton of cash and splashed it like no tomorrow. Why do people seem to think this is new in FM22?

In a random FM21 save I booted up Liverpool bought Haaland, Ruben Neves, Kamara and a bunch of other highly rated Brazilian talent. City bought Lemar, Fekir, Gosens, Felix, Tapsoba, Florentino Luis, Mbappé and a bunch of bargain talents from South America. Chelsea splashed on the likes of Odegaard, Boadu, Pino and some other youngsters. Only United was rather quiet in that save, but generally they splash like crazy too.

Checking another FM21 save, United grabbed Bissouma and Boadu in the second season and then in the third spent 303m on Hakimi, Asensio, Sabitzer, Papetti, Carvalho and Fabián. Oh and Milik on a free. English clubs have always been fine (because they have all the money in the world), the issue has always been with anything not English. City in that save spent 300m season 2, bringing in Koopmeiners, Veerman (Ok AI got a bit drunk there I guess), Nuno Santos, Max and Frenkie de Jong. Then third season they spent another 243m bringing in Rice, Camavinga and Ibanez.

Quite frankly, I'd call this anything other than fine, because it's nothing but English clubs hovering up all the talent and all the other major players (again except PSG), letting their players go on a cheap and all these players are just rushing to play in England. Clubs like Real, Barcelona and Bayern often get plucked apart by the English clubs and then throw their money at replacements that are almost as expensive as what they sold their star players for, but like 3 steps down in actual ability.

41 minutes ago, Metal said:

I think the transfer values and transfer activity are brilliant this year.

I've sold fringe players for around 40-50 million. I've seen big clubs now go for promising young players whether they free or for their transfer valuation

In my save

City bought

• Haaland for 111million
  • Signed wonderkid Musiala for 112million
  • Lautaro Martine for 82 million

Liverpool signed

• Kessie for 79 million
  • wonderkid Yeremy Pino 89 million
  • Wonderkid Adeyemi Free transfer

Chelsea signed

• Promising Wonderkid lllya Zabarnyl for 34 million
  • wonderkid Jullian Rijkhoff 8 millioon
  • Ward Prowse 16 million
  • wonderkid Benjamin Sesko 47.5 million

Arsenal bought

• wonerkid Yunus Musah 33 million
  • Duvan Zapata 18 million

PSG Signed

• Greizzman for free
  • Merih Demiral 34 million
  • wonderkid Dominik Szoboszial 86 million
  • wondderkid Nuno Mendes 34 million

Last year hardly any transfer activity happened, the community devs had to release a realistic transfer mod because clubs were never after young players and as a big club you would have free reign to poach all the best wonderkids without any competition

Don't get me wrong I most certainly am enjoying the transfer activity, as per your examples. Really good seeing clubs picking up young talent as well, I am just moreso referring to the player values. Maybe it is something I have noticed more predominantly as I am playing in the championship.

People talking about pressing, I mean - it's never actually "worked" in the game, has it? Like, you can set pressing intensity to as high as possible and that will mean your players will work harder to close down the ball carrier, but the game has never been able to replicate a "full" press as it - e.g. pressing 2-3 players at once? Or in a way that you can press to cut off passing options?

Same with defending, granted it works both ways so I'm never that bothered, but because defensive players can only "see" the ball carrier, it means that runners (e.g. wingers) never get tracked properly until they're on the ball. Probably one reason why wing play is some dominant. 

I do think, until they can work out a way of having the ME know where opposition players are when they *don't* have the ball, this is going to be an ongoing issue. At least that's how I see things.

(Haven't played FM22 yet, I should clarify, just a general 2-3 year trend).

Edited by bobbyb12345

Can someone check this please: when VAR is called to make a decision, if the assistant referee is standing still (presumably raising the flag), the goal is never given. On the other hand, if the assistant referee is going back to the half line, the goal is given.

In other words, by looking if the assistant referee is standing still or moving, you can know what VAR will decide. Can anyone confirm this or am I seeing things? 😁

2 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

Can someone check this please: when VAR is called to make a decision, if the assistant referee is standing still (presumably raising the flag), the goal is never given. On the other hand, if the assistant referee is going back to the half line, the goal is given.

In other words, by looking if the assistant referee is standing still or moving, you can know what VAR will decide. Can anyone confirm this or am I seeing things? 😁

It's even easier to spot actually, you just need to look at the left widget. If the goal is there straight away, it will be given, if it's not it will be disallowed. 

2 minutes ago, Nacaw said:

It's even easier to spot actually, you just need to look at the left widget. If the goal is there straight away, it will be given, if it's not it will be disallowed. 

My disappointment is immeasurable and my FM save is ruined.

16 hours ago, Deloma said:

This thread started so promising with many people praising the ME now 40 pages later it's quite the opposite and a clear trend on very specific issues with ME. Troubling to say the least, I was really looking forward to start a new save but now I'll just have to wait and see how things develop. 

People who are enjoying the game are just out there playing then you get the massive over reaction crowd who tend to be incredibly loud.

I can't believe anyone thinks this version of the ME is even comparable to FM20 (which was woeful) but that is seemingly the narrative this thread has gone with.

After 6 seasons I have issues with this ME but it's also solved lots of issues I had with prior ME's. A bit of tweaking and it could be great. So I'm hopeful it will get there on release. Unlike Fm20 which was a catastrophic mess that didn't even resemble football, and never did.

6 minutes ago, Metal said:

20211105132457_1.thumb.jpg.c136be3c201b67ea58baaf5b0a5eeb65.jpg

Think this is meant to be a frozen pitch, very poor as I said before the textures are ridiculously amateurish even sensible soccer does a better job

Those massive tunnels as well! Surely it's just a minor tweak to tone them down a bit. Excuse the the quick photoshop job, but something like this would look much better.

image.png.75534eabb4b99573d678f0bd668c7f8d.png

17 minutes ago, Metal said:

Think this is meant to be a frozen pitch, very poor as I said before the textures are ridiculously amateurish even sensible soccer does a better job

Surely they have undersoil heating at Old Trafford?

2 hours ago, bobbyb12345 said:

People talking about pressing, I mean - it's never actually "worked" in the game, has it? Like, you can set pressing intensity to as high as possible and that will mean your players will work harder to close down the ball carrier, but the game has never been able to replicate a "full" press as it - e.g. pressing 2-3 players at once? Or in a way that you can press to cut off passing options?

Same with defending, granted it works both ways so I'm never that bothered, but because defensive players can only "see" the ball carrier, it means that runners (e.g. wingers) never get tracked properly until they're on the ball. Probably one reason why wing play is some dominant. 

I do think, until they can work out a way of having the ME know where opposition players are when they *don't* have the ball, this is going to be an ongoing issue. At least that's how I see things.

(Haven't played FM22 yet, I should clarify, just a general 2-3 year trend).

I'm not an FM tactical genius, but from what I understand, the changes to pressing still don't mean this is an accurate replication of real life pressing.  I'm a Southampton fan, so have read bits and pieces about Ralph Hassenhuttl's high press.  For each oppo, he drills the players on various pressing triggers.  That might be basic when x player receives the ball in y area of the pitch we press with player a and b.  Or a little more complex like when a defender looks to play a medium-long range pass to another defender - the recipient gets pressed.  This differs from game to game - and is quite complex, which is why we are always a better team when we've had a week to prepare for a game!

The pressing triggers in FM22 are the first step towards something like the above - but you can't specify scenarios as Ralph would send out his Southampton team.  All you can do is set your line of engagement and select which oppo players you want to apply pressing triggers to.

It doesn't actually look any different in terms of the tactic and OI screen (outside of the change in wording) - but the pressing trigger in the ME is different and will only happen if there's a bad touch, hesitation etc. etc.

What you can't do is specify "I want you to press x player when he takes a bad first touch - but not when he's on his weaker foot".

I would assume future releases will add to this - throwing it all at us in one hit might be overload as much as it will take time to develop, as I'm sure it's pretty difficult to code.

52 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Surely they have undersoil heating at Old Trafford?

Even if there is we have audi racing car heated seats in the dugout doesn't mean they don't get wet irl.  The pitch should show some bits of snow/frost we're in 2021 not 1999 the pitch graphics should be higher than what I've shown

The textures are **** poor, just hope the modders can upgrade the textures like last year

Edited by Metal

20211105004639_1.thumb.jpg.ceb286534ade45a7528e8a1414595541.jpg

5 months into new season and only  had 1 injury which happened to be minor. I'm told that it's 80% to real life injuries, im sure any club in the real world would love to have it so easy that they'd get one player injured every 5th month of the season 

I'm playing as Ajax and AI is really strange with transfer offers for my players. Gravenberch is valued between 30-36mil, I set up an asking price of 70mil and I got a loan offer with mandatory future fee of 21mil?

Like,the guy is a 5 star potential, first 11 for my team,playing great ..in what world is that transfer offer realistic?

I got also some more offers of that kind for other players which are tbh pretty offensive offers. The players the game values over 20mil, and I recieve some nonsense loan offees with mandatory fee half the value of the player. 

Very strange and other than that, pretty awesome game this year.

18 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

I'm playing as Ajax and AI is really strange with transfer offers for my players. Gravenberch is valued between 30-36mil, I set up an asking price of 70mil and I got a loan offer with mandatory future fee of 21mil?

Like,the guy is a 5 star potential, first 11 for my team,playing great ..in what world is that transfer offer realistic?

I got also some more offers of that kind for other players which are tbh pretty offensive offers. The players the game values over 20mil, and I recieve some nonsense loan offees with mandatory fee half the value of the player. 

Very strange and other than that, pretty awesome game this year.

The more experience and more games they get the more valuable they become. I could have picked him up between 35-45 million at the beginning of my save now look how much he's worth after a few seasons

20211105151210_1.jpg

35 minutes ago, Metal said:

5 months into new season and only  had 1 injury which happened to be minor. I'm told that it's 80% to real life injuries, im sure any club in the real world would love to have it so easy that they'd get one player injured every 5th month of the season 

I mean, in part it's likely influenced by us being more likely to rotate players and to tone down training to ensure players are always match ready, where as IRL training is likely much harder, with less time spent sending players to the sauna and physios for massages (Recovery) than we give them.

44 minutes ago, Metal said:

To be honest, all that screenshot shows is that you've got one injury right now. It DOESN'T show that you've only had one single injury in the first half of the entire season.

Let's have a look at your medical centre. That'll have a list of all the injuries your players have suffered this season.

To be clear, I'm NOT saying there isn't an issue here (I've found it quite easy to avoid injury crises in previous FMs too). I just think we need to see the full picture.

4 hours ago, Jack722 said:

• Cons
    • Super high possession for teams parking the bus
      • I can live with this, since I watch most games on extended, and doesn't seem to affect any results (eg. a defensive team can't just draw every game 0-0 by playing keep ball). But it's obviously not very realistic and ruins a bit of the immersion, while also damaging the credibility of the otherwise brilliant data hub, as you can draw false conclusions.

My question here is, how much will this affect the ME once patched though as well as the results? Will we see sides win more emphatically or will be it be a case of the teams parking the bus have a greater chance as the counter then becomes a bit more of an option? 

1 hour ago, spiritdonkey said:

Have to refund my beta, game feels too easy right now with SO MANY headers goals,  passive AI and pass accuracy around 90-95%.  Will try to load my pkms to Bug Tracker.

You know this is the better Beta as you quote it as such :) Its standard for issues to be in beta. There are many issues under review so I'd wait for the Full Release next week

Yes, do log bugs / add extra info to existing bugs to help get them fixed

As an aside I do wonder how many people would be aware of the issues if they played the game and never read these forums ;)

1 hour ago, autohoratio said:

Yeah, the facial hair looks like it belongs in a game from 2008 (and in general the faces are still very out-dated graphically). The anti-aliasing is very ineffectual and the texture of the facial hair and eyebrows looks like steel wool glued to the face... You can't even say that it's an improvement over FM21 either, it's one step forward and two steps back.

image.png.ed4b87e5515a08852f0c12c759b82bbb.png

haha it actually looks like a hat! I much prefer the make a 3D image from a photo. Looked a lot better

24 minutes ago, RPM_01 said:

My question here is, how much will this affect the ME once patched though as well as the results? Will we see sides win more emphatically or will be it be a case of the teams parking the bus have a greater chance as the counter then becomes a bit more of an option? 

Sides are already winning emphatically to be honest, this is what quite a lot of these matches against bottom teams look like:

image.png.ad0dbc94471c346c86bedd1779c4e12a.png

Complete dominance in every aspect except for possession...

If they would actually attempt to counter things might not even look this terrible. Then again, player movement on counters needs to be fixed for that as well.

Edited by Freakiie

22 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

haha it actually looks like a hat! I much prefer the make a 3D image from a photo. Looked a lot better

And if you can make an acceptable model from a photo, you could also use AI generated photos for everyone who doesn't have one, and make a more immersive game experience. For example, the following photo is of someone who doesn't exist, from thispersondoesnotexist.com - generated in very little time. These could be generated to wear particular jerseys, or you could even have AI-generated live action photos of the game you just managed in an in-game news clip. I do imagine such things might be challenging for many desktops, however, in large scale.

doesnotexist.jpg

Edited by Prepper_Jack

36 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

@Prepper_Jack @rp1966 - This is deffo the way to go, much more realistic and immersive. I do like it better when FM Manager Man looks like me rather than some dork who looks alien

Yea I don’t think I will ever go back to FaceGen even if they improve it 100x times better.  The face pack improved immersion. I was shocked at the amount of newgens I’ve grown attached to in my long term non league save after I realized that they weren’t real people when I switched my graphic files to FM22.