dafuge's FM22 challenge

1 hour ago, superdad said:

Wow, that's a lot of reloading! I was so bored after 7 hours lol. Hopefully I don't get sacked now... 😅

Eh... I started during the beta so to get as many as possible for hosting on the front page.  Ended up with somewhere around 60 over the course of that 2 week period (and on and off for the next 2 weeks as well while I decided on my own team to run the challenge with)

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've taken over a Walton Casual with barely any staff, no  keeper, and no outfield players for a couple of other positions. This is going to be a very busy pre-season. I'm only a few days in, and I've already brought in about 20 players on trial for the club. I've set up plenty of friendlies, to test these lads out. Hopefully I can sign a few decent players from this ragtag bunch.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a quick look at this for FM23.  Holidaying to 28th May and then to 25th June (on 24th June there's no "Season Summary" for England).

Definite issue on one of the saves in that the 8 promoted teams were made up of 3 from the Southern Premier Central (Hednesford, Mickleover and Tamworth) and there was only 1 from the Isthmian.  Obviously there should be 2 teams from each of the step 7 leagues.  There may have been issues on previous saves but I was looking for Hornchurch and noticed only 1 Isthmian side on this particular save.

I've submitted a bug report.

image.png.55835e2afae2a6dabf77f69f25eb5ab6.png

Edited by andydick

I've been doing a ton of reloads and holidays trying to get an instance of Winchester coming up, with this being their first ever season in tier 7 and them being just down the road from me.  Must be at least 30 times and nothing yet.  I know they'll be at the lower end of the reputation scale, but I'm also wondering if the fact their stadium only has a 2,500 capacity makes promotion impossible?

49 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I've been doing a ton of reloads and holidays trying to get an instance of Winchester coming up, with this being their first ever season in tier 7 and them being just down the road from me.  Must be at least 30 times and nothing yet.  I know they'll be at the lower end of the reputation scale, but I'm also wondering if the fact their stadium only has a 2,500 capacity makes promotion impossible?

It shouldn't do, there's definitely grounds with a capacity lower than that in the national league north/south in real life this season

6 hours ago, oohlala111 said:

It shouldn't do, there's definitely grounds with a capacity lower than that in the national league north/south in real life this season

Ah cool.  I just noticed that the league rules states minimum capacity of 3,000!

20 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Ah cool.  I just noticed that the league rules states minimum capacity of 3,000!

I wonder if in game they would just increase the stadium capacity if they got promoted. I know this happened in past FMs "Due to league rules we are expanding the stadium, installing undersoil heating etc"

1 hour ago, glennuk said:

I wonder if in game they would just increase the stadium capacity if they got promoted. I know this happened in past FMs "Due to league rules we are expanding the stadium, installing undersoil heating etc"

Yeah. I'm thinking it's likely just the club reputation working against this one.  It'd kind of be tempting to increase their reputation in line with the league average once the editor is available just to make promotion more likely, as I wouldn't be doing the challenge in the purest sense anyway, just something broadly similar to it.

I have raised a data issue with Winchester as the listed capacity is too small (it should be at least 3,000 and is on the Southern League website as such)

I am hoping to get them as it's my home town but might have to holiday a year or two further I'd expect, once some other large rep teams have gone

Apparently there is also an issue that's been flagged as teams are not coming up from the feeder leagues in the right proportions 

19 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

I have raised a data issue with Winchester as the listed capacity is too small (it should be at least 3,000 and is on the Southern League website as such)

I am hoping to get them as it's my home town but might have to holiday a year or two further I'd expect, once some other large rep teams have gone

Apparently there is also an issue that's been flagged as teams are not coming up from the feeder leagues in the right proportions 

Good point actually, according to Wikipedia the City Ground's capacity is actually 4,500.

Let me know if you want a hand with getting Winchester there as I intend to manage them too.  Currently based in Eastleigh but I lived in Winchester for 15 years and was born there. 

I've done MANY runs (I lost count, but it's in excess of 50) from 25/05/23 to 26/06/23 and Winchester have not appeared a single time.

What I'm going to do is as follows, and this may be frowned upon but I think it's the only way as I know they have a low reputation even for tier 7, so the likelihood of them being promoted into the National League South is virtually zero.

I'm going to holiday to 25/05/23.  Then I'm going to increase their reputation in the in-game editor to the higher end of that level, then once they appear, I will re-edit their reputation to the previous level.

Edited by kevhamster

10 hours ago, darius9 said:

No new thread this year?

I wasn't planning on starting another thread, I think it's probably run its course for me.

I've not bought FM23, and if I do, I can't see myself playing the challenge.

By all means keep playing it, but the careers forum is probably a better place to write about your games now. Either that or someone else can start the thread.

1 hour ago, dafuge said:

I wasn't planning on starting another thread, I think it's probably run its course for me.

I've not bought FM23, and if I do, I can't see myself playing the challenge.

By all means keep playing it, but the careers forum is probably a better place to write about your games now. Either that or someone else can start the thread.

But but but! This challenge is.. well you! I can't imagine not having a Dafuge Challenge thread anymore. :(

1 hour ago, Crispypaul said:

I don't mind starting a new thread although that won't be until tomorrow

If anyone has tried this yet are the league reset dates the same?

Not sure what they were last year, but the safe date to holiday to is 25/05/2023.  New teams show from 26/06/2023.

5 hours ago, MikaelS said:

But but but! This challenge is.. well you! I can't imagine not having a Dafuge Challenge thread anymore. :(

I've barely had any input for years where I've been on and off with FM, I'm sure it can survive without me!