FM22 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

3 hours ago, jmarchand said:

Thanks. Keep on churning, the Swedish league system really looks like a tough nut to crack! 

I won the league 3 times in a row but could not get past the CL quarter-finals on FM21 in Sweden.

Seems to be tough to find decent players or at least convince them to join the club in FM22, the lack of improvement in players at clubs with poor training facilities also makes it harder. There is no swedish club with decent facilities eligible and no money until the top 2 leagues to improve them.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heartbreak

image.png.4baf7a1a6b8eff0246ac9a0d0c19e6cc.png

90+2 minute goal conceded to see us relegated to the Europa League - we put on a great showing considering our Group contained Juventus and PSG (PSG had the better head to head to us hence us missing out).

Every cloud though, I feel we should have a good chance of putting on a good showing in the Europa League so I'll be aiming for the latter rounds - hopefully draw luck is with us also.

15 hours ago, _JHTB_ said:

Heartbreak

image.png.4baf7a1a6b8eff0246ac9a0d0c19e6cc.png

90+2 minute goal conceded to see us relegated to the Europa League - we put on a great showing considering our Group contained Juventus and PSG (PSG had the better head to head to us hence us missing out).

Every cloud though, I feel we should have a good chance of putting on a good showing in the Europa League so I'll be aiming for the latter rounds - hopefully draw luck is with us also.

Looks like you had more shots and a slightly better xG as well, loses like that hurt.

Good luck in the Europa League, I think you can go far.

6 hours ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

Looks like you had more shots and a slightly better xG as well, loses like that hurt.

Good luck in the Europa League, I think you can go far.

Yeah, I feel like we'd have been value for at least a draw and then gone through to the next round - a 5-2 loss at Parc des Princes was the main undoing though, we can't be losing heavily like that if we are hoping to compete past the group stages.

I feel we have a good shot of doing well in the Europa, however, Real Madrid also came 3rd in their Champions League group so they could be a tricky opposition further into the competition

5 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

Yeah, I feel like we'd have been value for at least a draw and then gone through to the next round - a 5-2 loss at Parc des Princes was the main undoing though, we can't be losing heavily like that if we are hoping to compete past the group stages.

I feel we have a good shot of doing well in the Europa, however, Real Madrid also came 3rd in their Champions League group so they could be a tricky opposition further into the competition

Hopefully you can avoid Real Madrid, that would be bad luck to get them in the Europa league.

spacer.png 

Donegal Celtic

Season 19 – Danske Bank Premier League – 1st

TransfersBest XISquadKey PlayerHot Prospect

Overview

Transfer Window:

Incomings: I once again said I was going to finally spend big this summer, and I lived up to my words this time out with us breaking our transfer record as soon as the window opened securing Rocha from Tottenham for £20m. Unfortunately, due to me promising him I’d improve goalkeepers and not he fell out with me and we sold him for a profit not 3 months later. Following on the same day was Shaqiri to bolster our strikers joining for £10.5m. Cinar was next through the door, I overpaid a lot on his wages but I was happy with the £11.25m transfer fee to get him in. The spending continued in the summer as I broke my transfer record for the second time spending £24m on Segovia from Arsenal.

The spending did also continue in January as yet again I broke the transfer record on a England based midfielder as £25.5m was splashed out on Hinshelwood-North, Forsythe did follow not long after in transfer that I most overpaid for, I don’t think he’s as good as I anticipated him to be, but adds depth nonetheless.

Outgoings: We didn’t actually have that many outgoings. The main one the aforementioned Rocha for a club record sale of £30.5m. Long term servant Paulo Jose did leave the club this January as he was slipping down the pecking order in what was his 10th season with the club. The other notable out was Kavanagh one of our home grown youngsters who never really lived up to his early promise so was time to let him leave for the good of his career.

Europe: We of course managed to comfortably secure passage to the Champions League Group stages where we were drawn in a group with PSG, Juventus and Chivas. It ultimately proved too difficult for us to qualify from the group but we put up a very strong showing beating PSG at home and coming ever so close to holding Juventus in the final group game. Alas it wasn’t enough with PSG progressing due to them beating us 5-2 to our 2-1 over them.  

Going into the Europa League I was pretty confident we could put on a good showing against most the teams left in, the major scary team (or what I thought would be) was Real Madrid everyone else I felt I could maybe better. The first knockout saw us actually only scrape past Zenit, I was quite frustrated as they ought to be a team we’d beat comfortably. Next up was Atletico Madrid, one of the tougher draws we could have got but a Shaqiri double saw us win the first leg 2-1 before the second leg was won in Extra time with a winner 10 minutes from time.

The Quarters and Semi-Final was drawn at the same time with us getting Basel in the former and avoiding Real Madrid in the latter. I was so confident we’d beat Basel and well, we beat them pretty comfortably even if we drew the second leg to see us in the Europa League semi-final for the second time. Tottenham were our opponents, and they were having a pretty awful season outside of Europe really so I was pretty sure if we played well we could beat them. After an early goal for them in the first leg I was a little worried, but as soon as we scored they capitulated with us winning the first leg 5-1, if that wasn’t a good enough drubbing we then proceeded to beat them 4-0 at their own ground securing a place in the Final where we’d face Sevilla.

Honestly, the final was a drab affair, the first half consisted of 1 shot from either side off target with an xG of 0.06, but early in the second half we found ourselves in the lead and one hand on the trophy. Our lead lasted 5 minutes as they grabbed an equaliser, and that was it for the goals with not many chances between then and the end of extra time (our striker arguably had 2 great chances to win it for us but it wasn’t to be in regular time). Penalties, not good for the nerves, especially when the usually dependable Rhys Guppy has the opening penalty saved. Not good for the nerves when the next 9 penalties are all scored either leaving them only needing to score to win the cup, poor penalty straight at the keeper. Pure elation however, when they miss the 7th penalty and Donegal Celtic secure some European glory. It’s not the Champions League, but it will hopefully give us a good platform to try for that next time round.

League: Back to the norm in the league winning every game and winning the league in style. There were a few closer games and we conceded more than Id like but it was never in doubt.

Cup: League Cup, Antrim Shield and Irish Cup all found their way to our trophy cabinet however, in the All Ireland Champions League despite a 2-0 opening leg victory we lost it to Shamrock Rovers (in fairness the scheduling for this means we had greyed our players in central defense due to pretty much all our team being on international duty)

Next Season/General

I don’t think I need a lot of signings in the summer but there are a few areas I want to bolster our options, namely wing backs at both side and likely another central midfielder as long term loanee and probably our best player in McCall is likely to be leaving after 6 seasons on loan with the club.

The board also are not entertaining the idea of a new stadium which is disappointing as we sell out every game no issues and it’s already maxed out. Maybe the reputation boost gained from our European glory will persuade them otherwise as I feel that especially is holding us back.

Players of note

Rhys GuppyHis worst season in some time, however, he does have an excuse. He missed 3 months of the season with injury when he started the season in great form. Getting him back to fitness took a while to achieve but he plays so well 32 goals in all competitions is not even a bad tally even if you don’t account for the game time he missed.

Veysal CinarCinar joined this season as our highest paid player but he was really brought in to be Guppy’s back up. Guppy’s injury gave Cinar a chance to shine and he did just that 12 goals and 21 assists is a good return and it’s the first time in a while we’ve had a dependable backup to Guppy allowing Guppy to fill in in other positions also when needed.

Remi McCallI’m going to miss McCall, he’s only ever played well for us and I would not be surprised to see him playing regularly for Manchester United next season. In fairness this was one of his worst performing seasons in terms of output but it’s going to be a big hole to fill.

Sebastian Shaqiri I usually only have the top 3 here but Shaqiri deserves a mention for sure after annihilating the goalscoring records, 47 in the league and 70 in all competitions a monster. (Even though I’m not actually fully convinced by him in Europe)

Youth Watch

Barry O’ConnorI was thinking of replacing him this year, but he’s just a consistent performer for us. His was ultimately the winning penalty in the Europa League too so he’s got that going for him too.

Matt HarbinsonHarbinson continued to provide us depth at defensive midfield and central defense though didn’t get as much gametime as perhaps I had predicted at the start of the season.

Ryan BlackVery little football for Black this season, but I felt Central Midfield was the area I strengthened the most. Maybe with McCall leaving he may be able to force his way into the reckoning but I think next season may well be much of the same. (Ideally I’d loan him out but nobody bit)

Overview

image.thumb.png.f533fb5ba393a2cd5f4025a43d7f93e4.png

amazing @_JHTB_tremendous season.

I'm struggling with my save. cannot find a shape or tactic to suit us. Had 3 seasons of this, squad loaded with incredible looking players, and just cannot get a tune out of them. Rarely have over 10 efforts a game on goal, xg usually always around 1, despite some insane looking attacking talent. Tried wingers, tried diamond, tried everything! And this season is same as the previous few, I feel like it's a different game from when i was coming up through the leagues, 1-1 and 0-0 draws every week. Already 8 points outside the champions league places after 10 games when board want to qualify i could be fired if this keeps up!

Edited to add: proof if u need it!

image.thumb.png.435f1afc1a250d63bf33cfe9afbc5f7c.png

Edited by aldojags

Some great progress here, congrats on the title @jmarchand and the first European silverware is always good @_JHTB_. Here's to many more in your future. Keep plugging away @aldojags, there's a good formation in there somewhere.

I've struggled to find time to play recently, so my save isn't going anywhere fast (much like my team!). We're still in Ligue 2, I just can't find the players yet that will help take us to that next level. I can finally get players to come on loan which I've tried to take advantage of, but they're still much the same level as my current guys.

Edited by Britrock

So I've managed to keep the wolves from the door for now, got the gap back to 4th to 3 points, I'm back on a "C" rating, satisfied, I'm in good form, and have signed some good players in Jan window, hoping I could sneak into 4th, but hoping 5/6th doesnt mean I get fired!

Few signings in January - spent £17m on Mamadou Diallo from Freiburg - I've been needing more cover at centre half, he's a great age, a beast physically, and home grown. Spent £35m on Bernardino Aires from Benfica, great versatility and I just wanted more talent defensively, I had too many pretenders as back up options, Diallo and Aires means I'm stacked.

Also, brought back Miguel Angel Lamonaco from Real Madrid, whom I sold to them for £100m like 2 years ago, he's barely kicked a ball for them, we've got him back on a 6 month loan and only costing us £40k a week. My strikers playing well but having this guy as back up option is a luxury!

And finally...PSG offered silly money for my keeper - who strangely "has no interest in speaking to them", so I rejected it, he's one of my team leaders, and saves tons of penalties, I love him so I'd rather have him than the money!

I am having the craziest season I think I've ever had in FM.

As you'll see a few posts up, I got threatened with the sack after run of poor form, which led to a board meeting, and I had to promise to turn things around, which I did, and the board were happy again.

Well...it happened again! Another run of poor form saw us drop to 8th, I got another board meeting, and again was told I had to improve in a month or I was gone, and again we rallied. With 1 game in left in season, we have blown Champions league qualification, we are 5th, but 7 points behind Hoffenheim (really strange season, Bayern have won league as usual, but the other CL spaces last season were Leipzig, Dortmund, and us, well this season its 3 new teams all who were midtable this time last year, Hertha Berlin, Bayer Leverkusen, and Hoffenheim, bit strange!!

But in the final twist in the tale, I could still qualify for next seasons champions league...I have somehow got to the final of the champions league!!! Playing Liverpool in final, been beating everyone, beat Real Madrid, Man City, Man Utd in the knockouts, I honestly think if we click like we have been we'll beat anyone.

I've been nearly sacked twice in a season where I might end up winning the european cup, mental! Even if i dont win it, been an amazing run. Back to back seasons in european finals after winning the conference last season. A win would be great to get us into next years competition and may keep the board happy!!

image.thumb.png.805328d655cdc55681f54de6dd8f110e.png

image.thumb.png.05f0a530d43ac86f295b8258712a9b32.png

6 hours ago, aldojags said:

Not a completion though until I win the Bundesliga, which I am still absolutely miles away from, but I'll take a Champions League whenever I can get one!

A real roller-coaster of a season for your emotions I'm sure, especially when the ball went in for that 90+3 disallowed goal. Bet you were fed up drawing English sides every round though! Great for you to win it though, hopefully will make the board a bit more lenient on you going forward (though ideally the reputation boost will allow you to be frequently challenging therefore never in risk anyway)

Edited by _JHTB_

I actually fancied it every time as they are all still packed with the old men that were good at start of game, trent alexander arnold phil foden mason greenwood etc they were all household names but quite old, when i saw their line ups i just went full on counter press and thought my young guns would get the better of them eventually!

Le 10/03/2022 à 07:09, aldojags a dit :

Bloody hell, we did it!!!

Not a completion though until I win the Bundesliga, which I am still absolutely miles away from, but I'll take a Champions League whenever I can get one!

image.thumb.png.28937b9a66b29117f7c88ded89d19ab0.png

This is awesome, @aldojags!! 

I am sure that the disallowed goal at 90+3 must have given you quite a bit of a heart attack...! 

5 hours ago, jmarchand said:

This is awesome, @aldojags!! 

I am sure that the disallowed goal at 90+3 must have given you quite a bit of a heart attack...! 

From the goal in match engine I was certain it was offside - it was a backpost header but i was fairly certain it'd be ruled out, but yeh there was a second or 2 of panic!

image.png.9e668f6c651c0e8c703fd971f44e51dd.png

Season 11 | 2032-2033 | We're a Group Stage club now

After winning the SuperLeague on the last day last year, that got us automatically qualified for the Champions League Group Stage. Funny when this happens as we get a boost in reputation, but also a crazy jump in the wage demands, even for guys which were only on the fringe of the team. That 

Transfers

Compared to the action of the last transfer window, things were very calm this year. Coming in to the club in the winter were notably two Turkish options that will be rotation options and which will ease the pressure on the foreign quotas and it turns out that Alp Yildiz was one of the prime options in defence. At this point, I am willing to pay a premium on Turkish players even if they're just rotational options as this will enable less rotations on my foreign spots. 

In the out column, some notables in the form of Gerson Salazar, who never really settled at the club and really had a better idea of his ability that it was in real life, so he was out to Lazio for 11M€. Wilmar Galeano was a nice left winger for who I could not renegotiate the contract and remove his release clause. 

You will also recognize John Rivera, which was my keeper for a few seasons, but he was getting injured more often that I would have liked (which means never). I am learning from when he got injured in the last stages of the EURO Cup II two years ago. Harold Junior Traoré, despite being a good presence in the first team, was commanding high wages and I was not thinking of renewing his contract, so I cashed in a bit. 

Overall, quite happy with the transfers, even if there was nothing major in there. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.dc7e73dc5ead072a2c8faa69a2323966.png

Champions League

AAs seen above, I was a bit lucky in the group stage, having been seeded first and dodging most of the big guys. With Atalanta, Anderlecht and AS Monaco, I was confident that we'd be able to get out of the group. 

In the end, it was very even, the highlight being the 5-1 win at home against AS Monaco, in which they almost didn't touch the ball (and we got 2 goals called back for offsides...). 

In the first knockout round, we got drawn against a very strong Arsenal side, and we didn't totally make fools of ourselves. The first leg was a rather even even affair, but the return was a bit crazy. We lost the match after at the beginning of the second half, but fought back and scored loads when pushing forward. Arsenal would proceed to lose to Chelsea in the Final. 

image.thumb.png.8e77bb598fefa48cc917f90b66728fd6.png

Révélation

image.thumb.png.c32166f97eef8315bd1c8159af24c4b9.png

League

We started the league, firing on all cylinders, with big wins all around. There was the odd counter performance here and there, but nothing too worrying. However, in the second half of the season, it was a bit more concerning and there were a couple of bad results, which in hindsight, cost us the title. 

Besiktas was very strong this year. Looking back at the past seasons, it's only the first time since the beginning of the save that there are two teams above 80 points in the season, so continuing like that would get us a pretty good result most years, we won with 78 points last year. 

The offensive production was stellar. 102 goals for is actually just one shy of the all-time Turkish SuperLeague record, held by Fenerbahçe in 1988/89. That's a nice target to have by the end of the save too...! Despite all of this, I don't have a player in the top 10 scorers in the league, which I find a good sign that the goals were coming from everywhere and were very well distributed. 4 of our players ended with more than 10 league goals

image.thumb.png.7a16b7916b5cdeb3bebbbd9f34042bd9.png

Turkish Cup

We were never in danger in the Turkish Cup, thanks to a string of somewhat lucky draws. The final saw us against Galatasaray and it was not close, our guys playing great and finishing with a solid 4-1 win. 

First Turkish Cup win, we get silverware this year again! 

image.thumb.png.90d1de3265df6bfabeab3b98a69b1547.png

The Team

Everyone in an average rating above 7, goals and assists everywhere... it's hard to ask for more! 

image.thumb.png.717aa25bb0a2081e6e13cb662ff08eef.png

image.thumb.png.b940b72a1f12b6db6fd5948d05bc15ce.png

Awards

As shown earlier, Harun Açil is a top talent, winning the World U21 footballer of the year, the European Golden Boy and the NxGN award, all while only aged 19. We also see that I had to use a 15 year old goalkeeper and that Luis Antonio is an great player. 

image.thumb.png.291c7b46e4b6c7e5b2bfe42da164dd1a.png

Notable Performances

Harun Açil (YP30) - MC - 44(1) apps, 15 goals, 11 assists, 1 PoM, 7.29 average rating

He's the creative force in this team, a great wonderkid who had a great season. He showed signs of becoming complacent after signing his latest contract and is now unhappy at the club as he is getting attention from Liverpool and I want to hold on to him. I was able to get his release clause up to 26M€, which will certainly be triggered at some point, but he's been just great this year. I hope he changes his mind. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.a439a75a64bf29ef3da849e8a1a95216.png

Luis Antonio - ST - 35(3) apps, 17 goals, 17 assists 13 PoM, 7.99 avg. rating

I'm playing him as a Complete Forward on Attack and he's been delivering well, both in terms of assists and goals. He will use his size (6'6"!!!) to win headers against center backs and flick the ball on to the advanced forward next to him. He'll pull the occasional long shot and is a real force on corners, when he takes them or heads them in. A great player. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.12dbff24fb53b558b49e22b6b058b654.png

Patrice Irié Bi - AMR - 23(7) apps, 6 goals, 8 assists 2 PoM, 7.30 avg. rating

A great find to play the right wing, a speedster who's able to cut in and beat his man thanks to his 17 dribbling and technique. He's been progressing well and will likely take the place of Jacobo next year, who was our record signing at 25M€ last year, who ended up a bit of a bust (or not as good as I would have thought...)

Révélation

image.thumb.png.1dc33d019b65ec75ec4e45aadfc44c98.png

Youth Watch

There are quite a few promising youngsters in there, Ibrahim Önal being the standout and I hope that he'll be able to contribute sooner than later. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.a7b85f0cfea07bcd1edba0b54661b9e2.png

image.thumb.png.43ae10291f465fcb7292b8e17a9d4178.png

Other News

- The club wants to build a new stadium, looking forward to see who this turns out... It's a small upgrade upon our 12500 seat stadium, hopefully we'll be able to expand it better, too. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.0b81c7d7472f3b4b9ee98045ae0465c0.png

- I have decided to overhaul how I scout (by country rather than by region after watching Zealand's latest test) and that proved great. I'm getting way more reports now. 

- The board now wants me to spend the transfer budget, not something I'll want to do on a regular basis. Not great, but I'll have to live with that, I think. 

- Our Facilities are almost maxed out now!

- European Champions: 

• Champions League: Chelsea (beating Arsenal in the final)
  • EURO Cup: Atletico Madrid (with my alumni Oskar Larsson and Bekir Konyali)
  • EURO Cup II: Fenerbahçe! 

Summary

Year Season League Position Points Goal Diff Cup Europe Europe Ranking Avg. Attendance Top Scorer Top Assist Training Youth Junior Youth Rec
1 2022/2023 2L 11 51 -4 3rd Round NA NA - 4013 Serhat Mutlu (10) Sezer Yildim (9) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
2 2023/2024 2L 1 75 32 4th Round NA NA - 4257 Onur Demir (12) Yunus Kefeli (10) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
3 2024/2025 1L 7 57 17 5th Round NA NA - 5765 Damion Probodziak (17) Yunus Kefeli (10) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
4 2025/2026 1L 2 69 39 5th Round NA NA - 5973 Eren Aydin (19) Mohammed Sabah (9) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Limited
5 2026/2027 SL 13 36 -5 6th Round NA NA - 7642 Zain Al-Din Salman (16) Yunus Kefeli (7) Basic Basic Fairly Basic Basic
6 2027/2028 SL 7 53 -4 Qtr Final NA NA - 7533 Zain Al-Din Salman (20) Antoine Semenyo, Yunus Kefeli (9) Adequate Basic Adequate Fairly Basic
7 2028/2029 SL 5 63 16 6th Round NA NA -- 8148 Zain Al-Din Salman (14) Ismail Olgun (8) Average Below Average Good Average
8 2029/2030 SL 4 66 18 Semi-Final EC2 2nd KO Round 158 9633 Jeredy Hilterman (22) Burak Ince (15) Great Adequate Exceptional Excellent
9 2030/2031 SL 5 64 30 Qtr Final EC2 WINNERS! 51 10523 Jair Grisales (29) Burak Ince (13), Mimeirhel Benita (13) Excellent Average Exceptional Exceptional
10 2031/2032 SL 1 78 53 Semi-Final EC 2nd KO Round 40 11240 Ismail Olgun (22) Harun Açil YP30 (11) State of the Art Good Exceptional Exceptional
11 2032/2033 SL 2 81 64 WINNERS CL 1st KO Round 24 12010 Ismail Olgun (24) Luis Antonio (17) State of the Art Great Exceptional Exceptional
Edited by jmarchand

Time to start again at this.  I have tried the Youth Only challenge with this club, though I always fail.  So let's try with signing players.  With the lack of limits on loans in The Netherlands, it does make it rather simple to get to the top flight.  So I will not be loaning any players in throughout the save unless I have a mandatory future fee agreed.

Club Introduction

Amsterdamsche FC

Amsterdamsche FC - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

UQyxo6K.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation               Qualifications    Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)    None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Below Average     Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position                              Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position                              Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

Great season @jmarchand, silverware, 3 points in league more than last year (just unlucky as u say you'd win the league any other year) and progress in Europe.

Acil - bloody hell! Yeh 26m is a steal for him, hope you hold onto him for aslong as possible!

Nice to see Fenerbache win silverware in Europe too, Turkish league will be climbing in rep!

aldojags

Season Review 2033/34

Table | Fixtures 1 & 2 | Club vision | Facilities | Manager Profile | Finances | Transfers

An insane season, where as posted above - I was threatened with the sack twice with a confidence rating of F due to poor league performance, but both times managed to talk the board round, and season finished with us winning the Champions League! 2 European trophies in 2 years after my Europa Conference league win last year.

Season was a repeat of previous seasons in our consistent struggles to find a shape or settled starting 11, lot of players who attribute wise look like high end players, but constant 6.3 ratings. Went on runs where we couldn't score for love nor money, Xg hardly ever above 1. But both times the sack was looming my boys rallied and saved me, and season finished with an unbelievable run in Europe, culminating in an extra time 1-0 win over Liverpool, have been nuts in my save so far, out of 13 Champions league finals in this universe, Liverpool have played in 11 of them, winning 6!!

League performance was poor though, 5th was a massive underachievement, I wanted top 3. Unluckily for Hoffenheim who finished 4th, as we won CL, and Dortmund won EL, Hoffenheim lose out on Champions League despite finishing

Team

Have finally settled on a 41212 diamond, it's brought us our best football, and I cannot get a tune out of wide players in FM21, so this suits me.

GK - Seydou Kouadio Tesse, Ivorian Keeper, one of my team leaders, always good, saves tons of pens. Heartbreakingly, played every minute of every game, then got injured morning of the champions league final! So my back up home grown youth keeper Jens Weber came in for the final and played out his skin!

RB - Julian Raco  - Argentinian RB, always awesome, but always tired! Needs subbed after an hour most games! Has long flat bullet throw which gets us a few goals too!

CB - Starting pair were captain Santiago Aguilera, and then i paid Freiburg £17m for Diallo who came in in Jan and was excellent. Plus he's home grown.

LB - Jamie Tenorio, Ecuadorian full back, going to be a star I reckon.

DM - Alfredo - played him as a regista, which I've never used in FM, but our shape and tactics, plus his skill set, I thought it'd work and it worked quite well. Wrote his way into Jena history by scoring the goal which won us the Champions League.

CM - Christophe Pimont - signed as a striker season or 2 ago, but I've had more success using him as a CM on attack. Beside him I'd play either Abdul Besmar (who I cannot get a good performance out of - can someone tell me how, with attributes like this! Although he has the doesn't like big matches thing which i hate!) or Jerome Delauney.

AM - Svetoslav Fillipov - played as a shadow striker, ran onto a lot of through balls and got a fair few goals coming from deeper.

Strikers - Juan Camillo Montana - breakout season for the young Columbian, who announced himself as one of the best strikers in Europe. His main partner was Thiago Augusto but we couldn't find a settled partner for Montana.

Youth Watch

Preview | Intake | Squad View

2nd year of not the best intake. Good keeper as a prospect but I can't get excited about that! This HOYD has 1 more year or he's getting cut, the Hertha Berlin HOYD is interested in coming to me and has a fantastic looking attribute set for the position with a great personality, so my guy has 1 more intake. Also I have moaned about this on prev season reports,. but yet again another intake of fully German players, despite me having affiliates in Portugal, Belgium, South Korea, Serbia all for the youth academy link, but have never had a player of those nationalities through. In FM 20, I had multiple players every year from these affiliations.

Also of note, after all these seasons, I had my first home grown player who got a German cap  -Kevin Meissner won his first few caps. He's not much to look at but always steady and pretty cheap so I'll keep him aslong as he's happy being bit-part.

Here is an updated look at Jurgen Egger, who was the amazing prospect from a couple of intakes ago. Other home grown prospects who are around first team, but prob never make it - Herbert Baum, Oliver Bolz. I like them as squad players though.

Next season

Well I'm already into November for the next season, and things are going very well, I am beating everyone, 6 points ahead in Bundesliga, and have barely conceded any goals...have a great chance at our first Bundesliga title, and given we won the Champions League already, would be a completion, I'm going all out for the league this year. Spent silly money on some players too but so far they have been sound investments, will show you next time.

Season

Div

Pos

Cup

Ave Att

Europe

WC/Euros

ECC

EC

EC2

Ballon D’Or

Highest world transfer

2022/23

3. Liga

1st

N/A

N/A

WC - France 

Liverpool

Inter 

Atalanta

Mo Salah L'pool 

Youri Tielemans PSG (£82m)

2023/24

Bundesliga 2

8th

1st rd

N/A

Euros - England 

PSG

Milan 

Sevilla 

Mo Salah L'pool 

Lautaro Martinez PSG (£102m) 

2024/25

Bundesliga 2

2nd

2nd rd

N/A

Liverpool

Inter

Lille

Mo Salah L’pool

Joao Felix PSG (£124m)

2025/26

Bundesliga

12th 

2nd rd

N/A 

WC Brazil

Liverpool

Arsenal

Dortmund 

Erling Haaland Man City 

Jeremy Doku AC Milan (87m)

2026/27

Bundesliga

9th

2nd rd

17,639 (new stadium)

N/A

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Milan

Kyllian Mbappe Real Madrid

Yusuf Demir Chelsea (£103m) 

2027/28

Bundesliga

15th

2nd rd

N/A

Euro-Spain

Liverpool

Borussia Mgladbach

Arsenal

Mo Salah

Liverpool

Ilaix Moriba

Chelsea (83m)

2028/29

Bundesliga

8th

3rd rd

N/A

Liverpool

Man Utd

Real Sociedad

Kyllian Mbappe

Real Madrid

Jadon Sancho Real Madrid (£128m)

2029/30

Bundesliga

4th

2nd rd

N/A

WC - Italy

PSG

Hoffenheim

Bayer Leverkusen

Jude Bellingham (Lpool)

Aboudramane Savane Lpool (£96m)

2030/31

Bundesliga

5th

2nd rd

CL Group stage, Europa League semi’s

AC Milan

Bayer Leverkusen

Borussia M’Gladbach

Erling Haaland (PSG)

Melih Kacar £155m (R Madrid)

2031/32

Bundesliga

7th

2nd rd

Europa League 2nd Knockout Rd

Euro-Spain

Bayern Munich

Eintracht Frankfurt

Club Brugge

Kyllian Mbappe Real Madrid

Kursat Odabas £106m Real Madrid

2032/33

Bundesliga

4th

2nd rd

Won Europa Conference League

Real Madrid

Man Utd

Jena (me!)

Erling Haaland (PSG)

Dane Scarlett £87m Bayern Munich

2033/34

Bundesliga

5th

2nd rd

Won Champions League

WC – Croatia

Jena (me!)

Dortmund

Tottenham

Kylian Mbappe (Real Madrid)

Leonel Miranda £142m Real Madrid

Edited by aldojags

45 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

Season 20 and we've finally got someone in the NxGn. But not just one player, we've 3 total with two in the top 10 - the future is bright!

image.png.52c8da7a277705a0663df3c7ce17f960.png

fantastic mate, 2 out the top 10 man, that would be amazing for Barca or Real!

Il y a 13 heures, aldojags a dit :

An insane season, where as posted above - I was threatened with the sack twice with a confidence rating of F due to poor league performance, but both times managed to talk the board round, and season finished with us winning the Champions League! 2 European trophies in 2 years after my Europa Conference league win last year

Again, this is awesome and is the first Champions League title that we've seen in the thread and it came in with style and drama, which is a great bonus. 

Le 13/03/2022 à 18:28, aldojags a dit :

Nice to see Fenerbache win silverware in Europe too, Turkish league will be climbing in rep!

Yup, we got back up to the 6th spot in league coefficients, so that nets us two Champions League group stages. 

Let's go @Britrock and @_JHTB_. Looking forward to read your progress! 

13 minutes ago, aldojags said:

Aw this is going to be fun!!

My first reaction is that it's like playing on FM on easy mode! After 10 seasons of struggling to get anything approved and constantly being in debt, now the board will agree to anything! I can already scout the entire world (up from mainland Europe), I've got £10m to spend, they're improving the training and youth facilities, junior coaching, youth recruitment, everything, it's mad. I can't wait until the summer transfer window!

11 hours ago, Britrock said:

My first reaction is that it's like playing on FM on easy mode! After 10 seasons of struggling to get anything approved and constantly being in debt, now the board will agree to anything! I can already scout the entire world (up from mainland Europe), I've got £10m to spend, they're improving the training and youth facilities, junior coaching, youth recruitment, everything, it's mad. I can't wait until the summer transfer window!

Haha thats brilliant mate i dont remember a tycoon takeover in this thread before, gna be interesting to watch it unfold!

21 hours ago, aldojags said:

Yes! Could be our first completion coming up!

I'm not so sure, we've very much scraped our way through to the semi-finals, we're definitely 4th favourite from here.

19 hours ago, Britrock said:

To be fair, you are still in the second tier so even with the new riches you still have challenges ahead of you, just less constraints over money. I think in my save there are about 6 teams in the premier league who have tycoons currently so you'd still have plenty teams to be competing with for signings anyway

42 minutes ago, _JHTB_ said:

I'm not so sure, we've very much scraped our way through to the semi-finals, we're definitely 4th favourite from here.

Then again - a 90+5 minute winner in the semi-final second leg away at Manchester City we couldn't could we?

image.png.d7690dfc7e1bb0a2d3c6b5e82f5b3372.png