FM22 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

HI @arnoldinho I did Belgium for the youth academy challenge this year, could not get out of the 2nd tier, I got out of the third tier in my first season then spent about 10 seasons stuck in mid table 2nd tier and got bored and quit, however had I been able to sign players I would done it easily I reckon.

The third tier i can't remember exactly, but you play each other say 3 times, then it splits in half, and you start with like half the points you acquired during the regular season, and play each other twice.

The 2nd tier is strangely only an 8 team league, played each other 4 times so 28 game league seasons you flew through it.

THe premier league I cant answer for as I mentioned I never made it that far!!

I completed this save in Bulgaria 2 years ago and bloody loved it, just the obscure nature of the league and teams, not a lot of money, but it was probably my favourite save ever. Only 2 tiers though, Ludogorets are the "giants" you need to topple but CSKA Sofia and Levski Sofia were good as well, I kinda want to do another league that like, maybe Czech Republic or something.

I have a hankering for a South Korean save on FM23, despite playing FM for what 25 years, I've never ever managed outside Europe...

But it's taking a lot of my time just now thinking of what I'll do next version!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@rlipscombethanks dude, good to see your name on the thread again! Sorry to hear about the health concerns for you and your wife bud, I work in Oncology up in Glasgow so I can well imagine the long term effects of having a brain tumour resected, hope you're staying well and able to join us for FM23!!

1 minute ago, aldojags said:

@rlipscombethanks dude, good to see your name on the thread again! Sorry to hear about the health concerns for you and your wife bud, I work in Oncology up in Glasgow so I can well imagine the long term effects of having a brain tumour resected, hope you're staying well and able to join us for FM23!!

Good to be back...  It's been a long road personally, one that is far from over (and possibly never will be...)  Seven years on, my most recent scan had a nodule that lit up, which is obviously concerning but my neurologist isn't overly concerned right now.  Risk v reward not there right now.  Yearly scans will continue... :(  Trying to keep well - Weighing up my options for a return to the thred this version, should i decide to leave the Owls alone for now...

Will definitely be setting the thred up again though...

@rlipscombe We have a lot of things like that in our caseload, patients with new enhancing nodules on PET/CT scans etc, lot of the time it turns out to be a red herring, especially 7 years out mate, hopefully a benign explanation.

But yes often too small to investigate further, cant biopsy it and only thing to do is wait and see how it changes on scans, which I know is rotten for you and your family dude. Hope you stay well and yes whilst I admire your love for the Owls, ditch them and get yerself back on here!! Once you complete the challenge you'll be mega famous coach, then take them over, thats what I do with my team Partick Thistle, go to them once I've made my name!

Edited by aldojags

Karpaty Lviv - Ukranian Favbet Liga 39/40

Squad - Competitions - Finances - Transfers

Favbet Liga: WIN!! - Kubok Ukrayini: QF - UEFA Champions League: 3rd in Grp F - Europa League: WIN!! Super Cup: Win!!

Key players: DL Mikhailov - MC Hassan - ST Pérez - ST Van Wyk

Season Review:

A great season despite some hiccups.

Domesticly we won our 5th straight championship. Fixture congestion saw us defeated in the QF of the cup.

In europe we didn't progress from the group stage. Instead we took over the Europa League and got our first major trophy.

Gent, Napoli, Tottenham, Wolves and Sevilla were defeated on our way.

Season preview:

We've shown we can beat anyone. Now we need conistency.

We were hit by a goalkeeper crisis in the champions league and it pretty much cost us 2 games. We got to be smarter than that!

Karpaty Lviv - Ukranian Favbet Liga 40/41 - CHALLENGE COMPLETED!!

Squad - Competitions - Finances - Transfers

Favbet Liga: Win! - Kubok Ukrayini: Win! - UEFA Champions League: Win! -  Super Cup: Win!! - European Super Cup: Runner Up

Season Review:

A wonderful final season of our quest.

I got an offer for MC Wolf in the winter window and we ended up selling him for 190 million pounds. I reinvested in a DR and a new MC and we were running.

We had a slump in the league midway through but our european adventure went above all expectations.

We won a group consisting of Porto, Valencia and Schalke. From then it was a tough route with Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Hertha BSC.

We were hit by suspensions and injuries in the final against Sevilla, we got 3-0 in front but a dismissal of Galovic made it interesting. In the end we won it 3-1!

The Team:

GK Postulka

DR Suarez - DC Ugarte - DC Grabrijelic - DL Mikhailov

DMC Hassan

MC Galovic - MC Arrowsmith - MC Voznyuk

ST Perez - ST Van Wyk

Notable subs:

DR Yarygin - DC DankovychDL Noble - DM Muino - AMC Auremar - ST Runich - ST Vantukh

Players of the save:

ST Perez

Signed in 2035 from River Plate for £11.5 million.

Had more goals than starts in all of his 6 seasons at the club. 166 starts, 194 goals.

Consistently produced in the big games in europe! 

DMC Hassan

No signing was bigger than the signing of our midfield dynamo Mohammed Hassan.

Arriving on a free in january 2037 after being unemployed for 6 months.

Bossed the midfield for years. Many players around him was sold at a premium. Hassan just worked his socks off for us.

His worst full season saw him averaging 7.27.