[FM22][SKIN] Football Manager 2022 Base Skin

michaeltmurrayuk

10 hours ago, WHUkain21 said:

Yeah i saw this. But i need base one, because i want to modife and change some things. And this skin i honestly don't know how to change.

There is no "base" white skin because the base only exists for the default skin. You can use this white skin and modify it like you would modify the base dark skin. The only difference is the white skin has more panels.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kingjericho said:

There is no "base" white skin because the base only exists for the default skin. You can use this white skin and modify it like you would modify the base dark skin. The only difference is the white skin has more panels.

Thanks on answer mate.  But there is a huge difference between these two. Base dark skin is easy to change and simple to understand for amateur like me, and light skin this year is completley different.

There are no folders in light skin and everything is one document so its almost impossible for me to see how to change for example player profile panel. 

In previous years i just copied for example player profile panel from one skin that i like to normal light skin and that was all. Simple. 

Was wondering if I could get some help if possible.

Tried to be as clear as I can with the picture. I'm trying to make the player picture bigger and fill the left hand side of the box and then all the information can go on the right hand side and the polygon can be deleted if possible. 

Any pointers in the right direction would be hugely appreciated. Thanks.

Untitled.png.76b157fe536e7d643d2eb9d0b3aba41d.png

On 28.10.2021 at 20:03, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Football Manager 2022 Base Skin

As with most recent Football Managers for you to make certain changes in Football Manager 2022 you need to create a new skin. Thankfully over the last few years some more stuff has been moved out of the skins folder so you only really need the Base skin if you are wanting to edit the skin graphics, fonts or colours. If you want to edit the match graphics or the most of the panel xml files you no longer really need the base skins.

So to make things easier for people I've put up a base skin that is identical to the default skin that comes with the game, so you can add new files/graphics to these without messing up the original skin, and anything that isn't located in these new skin folders will be taken from the default locations within the game.

For Football Manager 2022 there is just the one Base Skin based on the Default Skin which is the Dark version this year, it is also possible that I may release a couple of alternative versions with different accent colours after the full release if I get a chance.

A Light Skin will follow (with it's own thread) but again with no default light skin this year it requires more work, but should be quicker than last year.

Base22 Skin

base22_1.thumb.png.4f155992fb59546534a134792f69b56a.png base22_3.thumb.png.c1cdb263d82cb3d5537818a8a02f2cd6.png base22_2.thumb.png.c23a97599881f5513064c6d3e5892d9c.png

This skin is based on the Default Football Manager 2022 Skin, and is identical in appearance to that skin. Though I have made two tweaks to the Player Profile screen, increasing the size of the badge and face on the attributes panel and re-enabling the Reports option in the Small Selector panels.

Install Instructions

When you extract the file you have downloaded you should have one folder named base22 and a readme text file.

Now copy the folder into your skins folder within your User Data Location, by default this is:

For Windows:
C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\

For Mac:
Users\[Your Mac Username]\Library\Application Support\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022

If done right your skins folder should look something like this:

22_skin1.png.d3dd5b5dfcd3afe0d3ff547361f590d6.png

And inside for example the base22 folder you should have the following folders:

22_skin2.png.14b4688e686753e12981c93b202a75a7.png

To select the skin in game you will need to load the game, and go into the Preferences Menu, then in the middle you should have a section called Interface and in that is an option called Skin with a drop-down menu under it.

If you select the drop-down menu it should list all of the skins you have installed, if the skin you want is listed then just select it and press the Confirm button to load it.

22_skin_overview.png.2016c3e8685ef69a2e3244a26351248c.png

If the skin you want isn't showing.

Then you can either select the Advanced option on the left and on the top right drop down select Interface, then scroll down the Skin section and untick Use caching to decrease loading times and tick Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences.

Or in the search bar at the top type in Skin and in the listed results untick Use caching to decrease loading times and tick Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences.

22_skin_cache.png.43abad8ea126a3146406e1b821a93a59.png

Then click Confirm at the bottom, this should then take you out of the Preferences menu but if you re-enter, it should have refreshed the list of skins and your skin should now be in the list.

Once the skin is loaded you can turn the skin cache back on and untick the Always Reload button.

For Advanced Instructions please see these below posts:

Football Manager 2022 Base Skin Download Page

---
You are free to do what you want with these Base Skins provided:

1. They are not sold or behind a paywall.
2. You don't advertise them as being exclusive to your website.
3. My username and blog address are included: http://michaeltmurrayuk.blogspot.co.uk/
4. If linking to my work then please provide a link to the download page rather than the download link as the download link may change.

GIjEqbA.png

how to do this please help

Am 31.10.2021 um 01:59 schrieb nick1408:

I'm looking to bring the Reports option back (as seen below from FM21). I notice you said you enabled it on the small selector screen again. Is the below screen the small selector and if so why can I not see it on the FM22 beta?

image.png.f18efb3a2a7cc16aaf402c1703382b72.png

In addition to this; would it be easy to add attributes back to scout reports inbox item?

How do i get the Left Back "Coach Summary" on this Screen? Its not anymore in FM 22 i think.

edit: Is there a chance to get the Base Dark Skin like last year soon?

Edited by Razoor1860

Hi, I'm trying to change the Match Rating Text colour from dark/black to a white or bright colour so I can see it clearer.

I've tried changing:

<!-- match rating text colours -->
    <colour name="match rating text none"                     value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text zero to five"             value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text five to six"             value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text six to seven"             value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text seven to eight"         value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text eight to nine"             value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text nine to ten"             value="yellow 300" />

but that didnt seem to do anything.  Any ideas?

MatchRatingTextColour.jpg

edit  - fixed, rookie mistake, helps if you turn caching off.

Edited by netslave
update

• 2 weeks later...
Il 5/12/2021 in 23:06 , &lt;&lt;Macaco-RJ88&gt;&gt; ha scritto:

Hi again. My club overview panel has the title boxes too big for my liking. What would the the best way to decrease the font size only in those circled titles?

I am using container class="main_box".

image.thumb.png.6abb481232dbef6e487f012dfdb65d07.png

Hi, Can I try this club overview panel for my skin? I would love to use it

Is there a way to make parent/child combination for skins? Something like Wordpress themes where we can make child theme with our own changes to the parent theme and then update parent theme but keep changes with child theme...

For example, I would like to make one change to FMEnhanced's skin (wanna change one file for match panels). Would be nice if I can have only that file in the child skin and then everything else from the main skin that I would update on regular basis

Hi

Has anyone been able to create a F<21 Dark skin variant of the FM22 base skin atall yet?  I have tried some custom skins others have made and they look nice but I'm not a fan of massively custom pages like some have, I am just looking to make the FM22 skin look like the FM21 dark skin, (remove the background, sidebar to flat black) I even think there black used in certain places is slightly more glossy than in FM21.  

Just wanted to pass by and thank you for creating this. As i use 100% digital vibrance (csgo players will understand me), i couldn't read on the light pink boxes, now it's readable

Cheers,
Bitner 

HI, Can someone please do me the original fm 22 skin but with the players shirt with name and number in the player profile.

I really like the base skin but always like having the player name/number in profile. 

I can't find the original skin with only this change anyway and I have no idea how to do things like that so it would be really appreciated.20211227_174306.jpg.76deb04162396d7b0fb5e9381462fb80.jpg

Hey Michael, great work as usual, thanks a lot!

Let me ask you something, I want to use Svenc stadiums background but I don't want it to be attached to some specific tab, I want them to change every time I enter a different tab in game, somewhat close to what we had back in CM01/02 times, how can I do that? Do I have to create or edit the config file to make it work? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2021 at 14:43, netslave said:

Hi, I'm trying to change the Match Rating Text colour from dark/black to a white or bright colour so I can see it clearer.

I've tried changing:

<!-- match rating text colours -->
    <colour name="match rating text none"                     value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text zero to five"             value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text five to six"             value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text six to seven"             value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text seven to eight"         value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text eight to nine"             value="yellow 300" />
    <colour name="match rating text nine to ten"             value="yellow 300" />

but that didnt seem to do anything.  Any ideas?

MatchRatingTextColour.jpg

edit  - fixed, rookie mistake, helps if you turn caching off.

hi, does someone know how i can add the player faces on the tactics page? 

Great skins as always.

I'm just wondering if anybody knows what panel controls the Scouting Meeting inbox panel (attached). I could do with extending the whole panel given that there is space under the buttons

My display settings are as follows if that makes a difference

Resolution 1920x1080, windowed and 95% zoom

Thanks in advance for your help.

scouting screen.png

• 1 month later...
On 01/11/2021 at 16:10, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Those colours are set by the fg accent and bg accent colours in the settings file, so you just need to change them to value to suit - the darker button one should be the bg value and the lighter text colour the fg value.

I editing renato's amended skin to revert the notification colours back to pink rather than grey.

Could someone please advise which line(s) of the settings config I need to amend to change the colour of the notification bubbles as seen in the attatched screenshot. Thanks.

FMScreen.jpg

Hi im wondering if anyone can help me , i have downloaded and installed the base skin and my player values are showing zero . I put the skin back to original and the values are showing up fine on that . Is there an issue with the base skin that the values are zero of my players ? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How can I change the purple on everywhere?, change it to white like de dark skins =(

EDIT: NVM i've done it :D

Edited by ucdark

Am 4.5.2022 um 23:00 schrieb ucdark:

How can I change the purple on everywhere?, change it to white like de dark skins =(

EDIT: NVM i've done it :D

@ucdark how do you do this? i wanna do it too.. i dont like the purple.. and can you share a screenshot from your "without purple" Base Skin :D

• 4 weeks later...

Could you recommend a good place to put debugging text to test caching, please?

When I develop anything I normally use a random string or long integer a bit like a version number.

Maybe the footer?

What tag would that be?

Edited by GaryCook

Hi there, not sure if I've posted in the right place but...….. I'm trying to edit the main menu panel (where it allows you to load up the game from the start) can someone tell me which file I need to edit to change the size and the position of it thanks in advance for any help

2 hours ago, Mark8213 said:

Hi there, not sure if I've posted in the right place but...….. I'm trying to edit the main menu panel (where it allows you to load up the game from the start) can someone tell me which file I need to edit to change the size and the position of it thanks in advance for any help

Intro panel.xml in the game folder