How long to complete a season

How Quick for a season  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How long does it take you to complete a season?

• A day or less
    • 2 - 3 days
    • 4 - 6 days
    • 7- 10 days
    • Longer than 10 days

Following Miles on twitter he has been providing stats on FM Beta including completed seasons and it has become pretty clear some people complete seasons really quick.....or I am really slow :)

So how long does it take you to complete a season?

Technically I haven't finished a season yet as I stopped after the last league game each time to start something new.

Doing the full package it took me four days in real life with an unknown amount of actual time (accidentally left the game running over night...). Just doing the bare minimum with a faster match speed, friendlies done by my assistant, and my views already established, I was down to two days.

Depends on the league, and how much I struggle. If I'm in a normal sized league and not having specific issues with results, then 2-3 days. If I'm in one of those 60-70 matches a season games, then longer, and add a bit if I struggle and have to micro manage more.

1 hour ago, mrjohnkennedy said:

Can take me well over a month to complete a single season these days. I have a young family and work full time and it's a good night if I can get a 2 or 3 of matches in. I also watch matches in full, as I don't feel like I get a proper grasp of what's going on unless I do.

That's a whole new question - how much of matches people watch.  I do Extended Highlights - I don't think I have the patience for full matches!

14 hours ago, superposh said:

Several weeks for me. With a demanding full-time job and being married with a family, I'm lucky if I get more than a couple hours a day to play during the week and 3 or 4 a day on a weekend. 

Amen brother.

I've done 20 seasons in FM21, starting my single journeyman save when I bought it on release.  So that's about two weeks a season on average.  I started in N Ireland tier 3 with 22 league matches, and I'm now in the Italian top flight with 38 league games plus Champions League.  The different number of games means the time for a season varies wildly, so my average of three matches a day is probably more meaningful.

I accidentally clicked 7-10 days instead of 10+. With having a family now, my FM time has reduced significantly unfortunately, and it takes me about a month or so to do a season and that is playing matches on commentary only! I would say I probably get about 7 seasons or so in across 2 saves each year before the new one is released....a big change to back in the day when I was at school/uni and i used to hammer out about 5 seasons a month!

I'm wondering how long it will take me to do 1 season given the fact I'm going to play with 12 clubs at the same time :D 

In previous FM's, I usually played with 1 club and I got bored after 2-3 seasons (or maybe not bored, but I had an urge to play another team). Then I started another save. As a result, I didn't even got to 4th season in any of the saves.

This time I've decided to choose all the clubs I like to play (it's a curse there are so many of them....), and go for only 1 long term season with FM 22. My aim is to play about 8-10 seasons, but I guess it may be hard to do it within 12 months... I watch matches pretty fast in 2d, always leave press conferences, friendly games and training to my asisstant, so it will save me some time.

Do you got any other tips for making the season go faster, but not losing too much action?

How can people finish a season in 3 days. It takes me about a month probably because I have all leagues loaded so the game is not as fast as it would be for others and I watch all games in comprehensive highlights

1 minute ago, gggfunk said:

Do you got any other tips for making the season go faster, but not losing too much action?

Don't load a lot of Leagues you don't need to start with. Then in preference enable "continued timeout" I think is called so you don't have to stay there and hit continue each time

Just now, DarJ said:

Don't load a lot of Leagues you don't need to start with. Then in preference enable "continued timeout" I think is called so you don't have to stay there and hit continue each time

Thanks! Yeah I've been using the continued timeout option for years, it is great. I plan to select 12 leagues from 9 nations, my CPU is ryzen 7 so it should go smoothly.

@gggfunkout of curiosity, what do you enjoy most in FM?

I'm asking because I can't see myself managing more then one team because transfers is the bit I hate the most so if I had 2 teams at the same time it would be like having 4 transfer windows in one season and it's a no no for me, unless I set the director of football to handle transfers and contract

3 minutes ago, DarJ said:

@gggfunkout of curiosity, what do you enjoy most in FM?

I'm asking because I can't see myself managing more then one team because transfers is the bit I hate the most so if I had 2 teams at the same time it would be like having 4 transfer windows in one season and it's a no no for me, unless I set the director of football to handle transfers and contract

I'm just the opposite as making transfers is what I like the most. Because of this I can't really play with 1 team as it always ends up the same - I sign too many good players and I don't know who to select... 

52 minutes ago, DarJ said:

How can people finish a season in 3 days. It takes me about a month probably because I have all leagues loaded so the game is not as fast as it would be for others and I watch all games in comprehensive highlights

Personally, I tend to do most of my scouting and training upfront and then just holiday between games. Can really blitz through a season that way, I just find there's way too much stopping otherwise.

But I do only have 16 leagues loaded currently, I'm sure the whole process would slow down significantly with all of them.