*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

31 minutes ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Got a really bad glitch with promises just now. A bid came in for my backup LB right after the Jan transfer window closed on Feb 1st. The player wants the move but was happy with my response "I can't let you go until the end of the season, but I can see you're desperate to leave so if there's still interest then, I'll let you go"

So I rejected the bid thinking I had until the summer, the next day he's now "unhappy promise not kept to sell him" 

Now I'm faced with making him unhappy since there's no way around this broken promise that I can see. In the 2nd conversation that he's already mad that I didn't keep my promise there is the option to say I need you until end of season. Which he replies that's not good enough....despite already agreeing to it!

Must be a glitch, and a semi game breaking one, very frustrating!

FWIW I never actually see the promise to sell him in my promises screen. It only shows up as failed once I reject the bid. When I actually promise him to sell him in the summer I never get a promise. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

FWIW I never actually see the promise to sell him in my promises screen. It only shows up as failed once I reject the bid. When I actually promise him to sell him in the summer I never get a promise. 

Please report this in the Bugs forum as it wont get looked at or fixed by reporting it in here.

4 hours ago, CFuller said:

Oh yeah, the possession issue is a bit of a deal-breaker with me. It's just not realistic to see weaker teams recording 55%+ possession and 90%+ passes completed just through endlessly passing the ball across their defence while the opposition sit back and admire.

I enjoyed playing the demo a few weeks ago and would like to buy the full game, but I'm holding off until the first major update.

Never watched Bournemouth under Tindall then... 😁

Love the game, as i do every year but this year I find myself turning it off due to the lack of half decent let alone good regens.

I always have a long save, 15 seasons + with Parma but I'm struggling to replace my players with below par players.

Is anyone else finding this a problem?

15 hours ago, f.zaarour said:

With all respect, but SI should focus more on the game in details and improving the game and making it bug free in some minimum sense. Im afraid the focus now is to much on how to make more money. U have the xbox now, the mobile app etc. and if i see in what kind of condition the full game now is, its a sad case to be honest. So many bugs (the offsides, var, If's, 4 subs instead of 5 etc.), so many info about contracts etc. are totally wrong which influences the game u play. The balance of tactics it totally broken, not only exploits of set pieces but espec. the tactics with full pressing where the bar is fully red (u know, the exploit tactics). Every tactic i see is full of it. But its full exploits, the known knap tactics for example. And im trying to play it differently, the bar in the middle etc.

But also the numbers of a game. How is it possible that u got 20 shots and 12 on goal, opponent 2 or 3 and they still got 60% plus possession, and that many games, it makes no sense! Sadly.

Crazy enough i can enjoy the game, atleast more than FM21 but man balance ur game please! Focus more on the quality of it, the details! Instead of looking for more ways to make more money. We all know the bussiness models of companies, and its oke but if the balance is gone, its a way of working which isnt the right one! We also have seen it at the game Fifa EA, focussing on Ultimate team etc. where they make money like crazy and forget to keep the game it self in balance etc.! To keep improving the game etc. and now we have seen alot of gamers have critics on ea and their game. 

It is sad isint it. Every year breaking records on preorders, new deals for distribution like with microsoft. But giving pretty lackluster big features like this year headline ones where. There is reasson why min specs have been so low to expand on as much people as possible. It is not only on good will by their part but also just more people = more money. I cant fault them, it is they way of business world we live in. Money is good and we wouldn not also say no to it.

Just makes feel sad not to see some leap or innovations from SI side. Even if it is breaks some things or makes unbalanced, the community can handle it, welcomes it and helps to improve it.

Something I do love in comparison to 20 is the range of finishes players attempt.

I've seen attackers round the keeper, slot into a near post gap, shoot across the keeper etc etc. Just recently I saw a really neat bit of play where my attacker drew the keeper out and tried to dink over him, only for a covering defender to clear before it crossed the line. Just a much nicer experience and also makes it significantly less frustrating when a player misses a 1 on 1 as they are no longer just softly placed straight at the keeper all the time.

I thought FM21 was bad, but FM22 takes the cake when it comes to selling players.  What have you guys done?  The game is now very annoying and not even enjoyable because you guys at SI have tightened the screws full hilt when it comes to selling players.  I see no problems with AI teams,  selling bang average players for 80m but I can't get rid of a 29 year old Rashford for even 50m when he's valued at 80m. Or Theo Hernandez who's value ranges from 95m-110m.  I keep getting offers of 35m for him and when I dont offer him out, AI clubs bid 45m.  Selling players and making my current club a financial dynasty was one of the best things I enjoyed about the game.  Now SI have made it a nightmare.  Try selling players on expiring contracts, you'll get  absolutely no offers and end up losing a 31 year old elite midfielder on a free or you end up offering him a new contract where his wage demands will go from 210k to 350k per week.  Absolutely idiotic how much worse SI have made the transfer engine! 

On 29/11/2021 at 13:25, Metal said:

Game is so annoying, is anyone seeing any snow in the game? Played an away game in Russia in winter and there is no snow whatsoever (already reported this in the bug but been told that snow is visible in the game though  I'm yet to see it. If it's jsut me someone please show screenshots)and has anyone seen the gk save a penalty during a match, because they all seem to go in regardless of the quality of the taker ot keeper?

In Finland almost all my friendlies were on snow

Snowy pitch - yes I know it looks like an old office carpet with clouds painted on it - but, really, snowy pitch ...

image.thumb.png.4d776f57a56d8a56c36efe976b929122.png

I think the guys in SI's graphics department need to watch this weekend's Man City and Leicester games ...

2 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Snowy pitch - yes I know it looks like an old office carpet with clouds painted on it - but, really, snowy pitch ...

image.thumb.png.4d776f57a56d8a56c36efe976b929122.png

I think the guys in SI's graphics department need to watch this weekend's Man City and Leicester games ...

What's your specs?

3 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

What's your specs?

GPU is an RTX2070.  Game is running at 4K and highest settings. Weather for this game was technically 'Light Snow' - haven't seen a game in heavy snow to compare during my time in FM22.

Edited by rp1966

22 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

So frustrated that i still cannot play and enjoy this game because of the bug of the IF/IW

I've just recently purchased the game and have now stopped playing after 9 league games because of this issue even though I've actually still won all 9 games.

This is an extremely frustrating bug affecting the most popular role in the modern game. In my save, Cristiano Ronaldo is only scoring headers or penalties. With Liverpool, who have been on fire in the league also even beating Crystal Palace 10-0. Mo Salah has a mediocre 3 goals in total.

I know this issue is being worked on but is there any update on when it'll be ready and if a new save will be required?

I'm enjoying my save and overall the game is fine. Not a huge improvement from last year but the new analysis screens are definitely something very useful for some players.

However, I think this is the most bugged FM I have played. There are bugs across nearly every area of the game, some more impactful than others:

• Team and player interactions sometimes have an outcome that makes no sense, e.g. praising a player's form and they get all upset about it;
  • Players' attributes reverting to unknown after a trial ends;
  • Missing scouting regions to assign my scouts even with that region available for scouting by the board;
  • Youth players not developing properly;
  • Scouting reports displaying a different rating depending on what page you read the report;
  • Near post corner exploit;
  • Receiving training emails for the B team even though training emails are disabled;
  • Laggy ME even with more than acceptable specs and Nvidia configs.

I think a clear state from SI about how things is being counted in the game will clear the fog. Like possession, where the users trying to implement tiki-taka football but fail because game count possession as chess clock (old way). Or like the game count a cross from corner taker and so on.

52 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

I really don't understand people like you....I really don't....

The possession bug has been raised and acknowledged 100 times since release but there are still users on this forum that try to trivialise bugs....the it's not a bug it's a feature talk is getting tiresome...

How exactly am I "trying to trivialise" the bug? I literally acknowledged that it exists, and that it is putting me off buying the game. Of course Norwich shouldn't be out-possessioning Manchester City over a league season. Of course Andorra shouldn't be racking up 55% possession and completing 90% of their passes against England.

However, I also explained why the scenario of one team having more possession and the other having more shots is plausible. Possession and shots don't always go hand in hand, and if you believe otherwise, then I must seriously question whether you actually understand how football works.

Not everything is as black or white as you seem to believe it is.

Edited by CFuller

1 hour ago, FM1000 said:

I really don't understand people like you....I really don't....

The possession bug has been raised and acknowledged 100 times since release but there are still users on this forum that try to trivialise bugs....the it's not a bug it's a feature talk is getting tiresome...

There is a possession bug (especially for defensive teams sitting too deep and passing around), there is no doubt of that, but it's also perfectly possible to win with a majority of possession.

Unfortunately, I'm not a very dominant team so I don't have many league examples (mostly because I lose most matches..), but I do have a majority in most of my wins.

3zB7OQP.pngFKzfk2R.pngwJ3igR8.png

There are a few examples, some times not a big difference, but other times more.

If I look at matches against very poor teams, I have to look at my friendlies, since those are the only times I play much poorer teams, and there I actually dominate possession and usually finish over 60%.

lHHuEd4.pngcnqHstF.png

So I were to ONLY base my assumptions regarding possession, it looks fine to me, but there are certain tactical setups that will have too low possession, so it's not like this is a tweak possession up for everyone, since I would have too much if that was done. So it needs tweaking, sure, but I'm also sure that quite a lot of people could do some tactical tweaks to see that possession percentage increase by quite a lot. I'm no tactical genius, so when I can do it, anyone else can too!

I get that they wanted to make VAR more 'balanced' and not always disallowing goals, but making it check 90% of goals, even if they are obviously onside, is such a lazy way to achieve that. VAR implementation in this game is so annoying.

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

However, I also explained why the scenario of one team having more possession and the other having more shots is plausible. Possession and shots don't always go hand in hand, and if you believe otherwise, then I must seriously question whether you actually understand how football works.

Not everything is as black or white as you seem to believe it is.

I don't think anyone is saying that teams who dominate possession should win games or have more shots. But if lower league teams outpass best clubs then it's obviously something really wrong happening. In me. Or in another words the me can't simulate att Vs def mentality realistically because they are opposite to what they should be. Passing at the back, keeping possession with back and side passes is not what a team which plays with defensive mentality should try to do. No much lower quality team ever tried to defend with keeping the ball because that's MUCH HIGHER RISK then simply hoofing the ball forward away from your penalty area. In FM this logic is opposite unfortunately. I'm almost completely sure that teams that are rightly set to use defensive hoofball by AI tactics play tikitaka because that's what defensive mentality does. In their world it's the least risky thing to do. 

Edited by Mitja

4 hours ago, kingjericho said:

I'm enjoying my save and overall the game is fine. Not a huge improvement from last year but the new analysis screens are definitely something very useful for some players.

However, I think this is the most bugged FM I have played. There are bugs across nearly every area of the game, some more impactful than others:

• Team and player interactions sometimes have an outcome that makes no sense, e.g. praising a player's form and they get all upset about it;
  • Players' attributes reverting to unknown after a trial ends;
  • Missing scouting regions to assign my scouts even with that region available for scouting by the board;
  • Youth players not developing properly;
  • Scouting reports displaying a different rating depending on what page you read the report;
  • Near post corner exploit;
  • Receiving training emails for the B team even though training emails are disabled;
  • Laggy ME even with more than acceptable specs and Nvidia configs.

+1

I'd add a few:

- HOYT asking for insane salary but will sign as coach for a lower one

- insane reaction from players, not only when praise for form but in relation with contracts, playing time...

- offsides constantly overlooked

- VAR is a joke

- IW/IFs not working

- tactics balance is not working at all

- stats are totally insane, you get 20 shots and 35-40 possession in a game which is about stats! makes data hub a joke, the main new addition.

etc...it's frustrating to go through all of them again and again 

I have 290 hours in game and I must say I am very disappointed, to the point that I will uninstall it and play something else who don't frustrate as much as this game. It is such a huge step back compared with FM22 that I have no words for it and it is an enigma for me how a big company like SEGA throws something like this on the market. It makes you wonder if they are in fact playing their own game before launching. I will give it the worst rating and I will not pay for more SEGA and FM stuff until I've seen in these forums that the issues were adressed and the dev or whoever is communicating from their part will stop minimizing the issues. The lack of reaction 3 weeks after launch is disappointing. It's a premium game considering the price and the devs should behave accordingly. 

Edited by CharlieTZR

Tired of almost all my goals coming from corners or free-kicks - headed in at the front or far post. And this is without touching the set piece setup from a default tactic.

Also unable to keep possession against poor teams that literally refuse to leave their half and are immune to pressure.

2 hours ago, CharlieTZR said:

+1

I'd add a few:

- HOYT asking for insane salary but will sign as coach for a lower one

- insane reaction from players, not only when praise for form but in relation with contracts, playing time...

- offsides constantly overlooked

- VAR is a joke

- IW/IFs not working

- tactics balance is not working at all

- stats are totally insane, you get 20 shots and 35-40 possession in a game which is about stats! makes data hub a joke, the main new addition.

etc...it's frustrating to go through all of them again and again 

I have 290 hours in game and I must say I am very disappointed, to the point that I will uninstall it and play something else who don't frustrate as much as this game. It is such a huge step back compared with FM22 that I have no words for it and it is an enigma for me how a big company like SEGA throws something like this on the market. It makes you wonder if they are in fact playing their own game before launching. I will give it the worst rating and I will not pay for more SEGA and FM stuff until I've seen in these forums that the issues were adressed and the dev or whoever is communicating from their part will stop minimizing the issues. The lack of reaction 3 weeks after launch is disappointing. It's a premium game considering the price and the devs should behave accordingly. 

ill add in press conferences to that, theyve never been great for me but this years are just embarrassing. The questions are so far off being realistic its not even funny

On 29/11/2021 at 17:00, FrazT said:

Please report this in the Bugs forum as it wont get looked at or fixed by reporting it in here.

It won't get looked at in here? What exactly is this thread for, then? so developer's do not look here? Is the point then to simply have a catch-all complaint bin so that you're justified in removing negative threads from the main board?  

I am really worried about people complaining about Inside Forwards, I am still thinking about purchasing the game but this seems like a bit deal.

I know that IF players are not the same from FM 2015. In that version they have nailed IF position, in all versions after that, they were not properly represented. 

I know they will probably not listen to me but I would recommended to watch a couple of matches in FM 15 and see how IF should play. 

There was really a difference between IFs with different attributes and traits. 

I recommend them to put Pione Sisto and Hatem Ben Arfa in one team. 

If I remember correctly, Sisto had "shot with power" and "get forward whenever possible" 

You could really see that in the game. 

On the other side, Ben Arfa was more technical and didn't have "gets froward.." trait, so he would not score that much, but he would dribble more, and when he scores, that would would some placed shot. 

If you learn your IFs in FM 2015 "play one- two" or "get forward.. " they would play even better, also you could select/make an inside forward according to your preferences when it comes to shooting, powerful or placed shots, in recent versions nothing of that really matters. 

All the best players in the world in last 10 years were Inside Forwards, that position really should be correctly represented. 

Edited by Marko1989

56 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

It won't get looked at in here? What exactly is this thread for, then? so developer's do not look here? Is the point then to simply have a catch-all complaint bin so that you're justified in removing negative threads from the main board?  

I am sure that you have read the opening post in this thread, but in case that you haven't, the point of this thread is explained by SI here:

For those of you new to the forums, this is the thread to raise your feedback, thoughts and have some general game discussion about the latest FM. Remember even if we don't reply to every post (and I can assure you we won't be able to) we are reading and we are listening.

What this thread isn't for is Bugs, so if you happen to encounter any we'd very much appreciate you raising it in our brand new shiny Bug Tracker. Also please take the time to read our Bug Tracker FAQ to get an idea on how and why it's different.

3 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Anyone remember when last year we got first patch? Surely it did not take so long time for me tweaks?

We received the first update the same time as least year - at game release. The 2nd update is historically sometime before Christmas. The 3rd update, historically, end of Feb/beginning of March.

4 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

I am really worried about people complaining about Inside Forwards, I am still thinking about purchasing the game but this seems like a bit deal.

I know that IF players are not the same from FM 2015. In that version they have nailed IF position, in all versions after that, they were not properly represented. 

I know they will probably not listen to me but I would recommended to watch a couple of matches in FM 15 and see how IF should play. 

There was really a difference between IFs with different attributes and traits. 

I recommend them to put Pione Sisto and Hatem Ben Arfa in one team. 

If I remember correctly, Sisto had "shot with power" and "get forward whenever possible" 

You could really see that in the game. 

On the other side, Ben Arfa was more technical and didn't have "gets froward.." trait, so he would not score that much, but he would dribble more, and when he scores, that would would some placed shot. 

If you learn your IFs in FM 2015 "play one- two" or "get forward.. " they would play even better, also you could select/make an inside forward according to your preferences when it comes to shooting, powerful or placed shots, in recent versions nothing of that really matters. 

All the best players in the world in last 10 years were Inside Forwards, that position really should be correctly represented. 

Can't remember fm15 but in fm17 they were also playing fine and regularly cutting in. From what I can tell it seems players use their weaker foot too much. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with opposition showing onto wrong foot but players should run with ball to the side of their stronger foot more easily. Even the most both footed players will mostly run in direction of stronger foot.

You can't show onto the wrong foot allover the pitch but only when there's limited space in final third. Even then quality player should easily find a way to cut in. In FM17 it was lik that. Another thing I have noticed is that players will cut in more regularly on lower mentalities which doesn't make much sense to me. Cutting inside is higher risk then running down the line where it's easier to keep the ball.

21 hours ago, ruuddude1616 said:

I thought FM21 was bad, but FM22 takes the cake when it comes to selling players.  What have you guys done?  The game is now very annoying and not even enjoyable because you guys at SI have tightened the screws full hilt when it comes to selling players.  I see no problems with AI teams,  selling bang average players for 80m but I can't get rid of a 29 year old Rashford for even 50m when he's valued at 80m. Or Theo Hernandez who's value ranges from 95m-110m.  I keep getting offers of 35m for him and when I dont offer him out, AI clubs bid 45m.  Selling players and making my current club a financial dynasty was one of the best things I enjoyed about the game.  Now SI have made it a nightmare.  Try selling players on expiring contracts, you'll get  absolutely no offers and end up losing a 31 year old elite midfielder on a free or you end up offering him a new contract where his wage demands will go from 210k to 350k per week.  Absolutely idiotic how much worse SI have made the transfer engine! 

Not sure what your expecting with players on expiring contracts, why would they pay you when the AI clubs can just get him for free. Works that way in real life as well, look at the amount of big players that went on free transfers over the summer. Seems an odd criticism. 

41 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Not sure what your expecting with players on expiring contracts, why would they pay you when the AI clubs can just get him for free. Works that way in real life as well, look at the amount of big players that went on free transfers over the summer. Seems an odd criticism. 

This. Just look at Kylian Mbappé. He's in his final year at PSG, but Real Madrid have decided to wait until next summer to sign him on a free transfer, instead of paying a big fee to get him this summer.

There's a reason why top clubs typically don't let their best players enter the final year of their contract without offering them a new deal. If you're losing an elite 31-year-old midfielder on a free transfer because his contract expired, that is your fault, not SI's.

Edited by CFuller

22 hours ago, ruuddude1616 said:

I'd certainly put in transfer bids to get players cheap. AI clubs should absolutely be bidding for your cheap players, so I'd say there's a problem if they're not bidding. But if you want more value for your players, you'll obviously need to sell them when their contracts are not expiring.

1 hour ago, sedge11 said:

Agree, finding with FM22 I need to be more careful about my contracts as players approach 30, tending to accept if they are playing well but on decline I have a decision to make in do I renew (normally of a huge figure) or just build into their career with me that I accept that will leave for free. Tend to find that its best to give players a 4-5 year contract at 26/7 and try and get the extra year extension added.

I think people here have too much faith that the possession "bug" is going to get fixed. 

This problem has years and years of existence and was never ever attempted to fix in a meaningful way, because SI doesn't want to ditch the mentality option for one reason or another, and my money is on needing a whole coding  revamp and solutions to do the same while ditching the lackluster bs that is mentality as they present us.

On 29/11/2021 at 18:50, GOODNAME said:

So frustrated that i still cannot play and enjoy this game because of the bug of the IF/IW

As an Arsenal fan, completely agree. All the most exciting players play there!

Edited by kevinb41

On 30/11/2021 at 12:21, Wyer said:

Love the game, as i do every year but this year I find myself turning it off due to the lack of half decent let alone good regens.

I always have a long save, 15 seasons + with Parma but I'm struggling to replace my players with below par players.

Is anyone else finding this a problem?

I got probably the most talented regen i've seen on my game with Arsenal but I can't bring myself to play the game in it's currect state (possession, inside forwards). Although the rest were crap tbf.

On 30/11/2021 at 12:59, saihtam said:

It is sad isint it. Every year breaking records on preorders, new deals for distribution like with microsoft. But giving pretty lackluster big features like this year headline ones where. There is reasson why min specs have been so low to expand on as much people as possible. It is not only on good will by their part but also just more people = more money. I cant fault them, it is they way of business world we live in. Money is good and we wouldn not also say no to it.

Just makes feel sad not to see some leap or innovations from SI side. Even if it is breaks some things or makes unbalanced, the community can handle it, welcomes it and helps to improve it.

The lack of a competitor is always an issue in any game genre.

hace 19 minutos, latrell dijo:

what is the issue with the inside forwards and inverted wingers i keep seeing people say there is a bug but i never see them say what the actual issue is, 

IF and IW never cut inside or dribling looking for goal, they always run towards the band to cross with a weak leg or make a back pass.

1 minute ago, david_kax said:

IF and IW never cut inside or dribling looking for goal, they always run towards the band to cross with a weak leg or make a back pass.

i will have to look out for this i really have not noticed this at all in my games.