*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I should have explained what I meant.

Yeah, lazy shorthand on my part. Thanks for the explanation. Guess it was just one of those things. Bit of a gut-punch to see an opposing CB net a hat-trick in a pivotal game though :D

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, david_kax said:

Exactly, I have also noticed that when they receive the ball they usually pass the ball and run inside without ball. They rarely run with the ball.

It is also a first impression of mine but it is as if the problem of IFs running with the ball towards the wing they wanted to fix it by making them rarely run with the ball. What they should have done is that IFs run more with the ball cutting or dribbling inside.

doesn't sound great,

One for SI, please.  I don't see in the change list a fix for the known issue with Dynamic Youth Ratings, but it does say "including, and not limited to" in the heading...

If it has been fixed, I'm taking it comes under "gameplay" and would not require a new save?

15 minutes ago, DarJ said:

This is something I've been looking at too and in 4 games what I've noticed is that they tend to pass the ball to a player close by then run inside but I've seen 2 or 3 occassions where the payer cuts inside but he didn't take a shot. Again i've been looking at it only for 4 games 

Exactly what I've seen, and only on one occasion have I seen the player cut in with the ball. However, I'm not playing with IW/IFs anymore, instead I use 2 players in the AM slot, and as far as I can remember, they do cut in more than the wide players for some reason.

hace 13 minutos, DarJ dijo:

This is something I've been looking at too and in 4 games what I've noticed is that they tend to pass the ball to a player close by then run inside but I've seen 2 or 3 occassions where the payer cuts inside but he didn't take a shot. Again i've been looking at it only for 4 games 

Exactly, I have noticed that too. IFs tend to pass the ball and run inside without the ball. But they rarely run with the ball.

Maybe SI trying to fix IF / IW running to wing has made them run less with the ball. I have to confirm it by playing more, but it would be a mistake because the solution is that they run more with the ball cutting or dribbling inside, not that they run less with the ball.

21 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Checked Man Utd, but not Newcastle - Miles has said that there are some updates so I think I've jumped the gun :rolleyes:

Carrick and Howe are now at Man U and Newc but you'll need a new save to pick up these changes. Not sure who else has been up=dated, I see Cook is still at Ipswich

3 minutes ago, david_kax said:

Exactly, I have noticed that too. IFs tend to pass the ball and run inside without the ball. But they rarely run with the ball.

Maybe SI trying to fix IF / IW running to wing has made them run less with the ball. I have to confirm it by playing more, but it would be a mistake because the solution is that they run more with the ball cutting or dribbling inside, not that they run less with the ball.

I think they've only fixed a part of it in that case, because the only time they did run with the ball is wide. Now when they don't tend to run wide as much, you rarely see them running with the ball. The core issue is the players don't dribble inside as much, so they haven't fixed that part then. However I'm not 100% sure, because I'm not playing with those roles at the moment.

2 minutes ago, (sic) said:

I think they've only fixed a part of it in that case, because the only time they did run with the ball is wide. Now when they don't tend to run wide as much, you rarely see them running with the ball. The core issue is the players don't dribble inside as much, so they haven't fixed that part then. However I'm not 100% sure, because I'm not playing with those roles at the moment.

Try playing on balanced mentality and wide or very wide width.

3 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Carrick and Howe are now at Man U and Newc but you'll need a new save to pick up these changes. Not sure who else has been up=dated, I see Cook is still at Ipswich

Is it possible that they made these changes without changing the version of database? Because it is still the same (22.1.0)

2 minutes ago, szp said:

Is it possible that they made these changes without changing the version of database? Because it is still the same (22.1.0)

Yeah, probably added some edt-file to change it.

4 minutes ago, szp said:

I think a new version of the db would likely only come out post Jan transfer window, possibly mid Feb 22 so these made as part a file add on I would think

hace 9 minutos, (sic) dijo:

I usually play with 1 IF, but to better test the role I have played with two and I think the same as you.

Whoever wants to see Salah, Vinicius or Mbappé exhibiting skills and dribbling defenders to face the goalkeeper, it seems that they will have to wait for another patch, for FM 23 or return to FM 21

26 minutes ago, david_kax said:

I usually play with 1 IF, but to better test the role I have played with two and I think the same as you.

Whoever wants to see Salah, Vinicius or Mbappé exhibiting skills and dribbling defenders to face the goalkeeper, it seems that they will have to wait for another patch, for FM 23 or return to FM 21

That's a damn shame. 

6 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Yes I checked now and it wasn't it just takes you back to the previous version

Its my own fault for saving my main game in the public beta version, as I can't play that save now on the main version. Which has been updated. 

TL:DR - I'm a tube. 

14 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Any idea if/when the public beta version of the game will be updated? I'm still on 22.1 with the 22.2 ME. 

right now the public beta is behind, but if u opt out of the beta u will get the update from the main branch and will be able to continue any save i had in the public beta branch .. i did exactly that and am playing with the last update from today

15 minutes ago, kertiek said:

right now the public beta is behind, but if u opt out of the beta u will get the update from the main branch and will be able to continue any save i had in the public beta branch .. i did exactly that and am playing with the last update from today

If I revert back to the non-beta version, my save is no longer there. 

EDIT  - Actually no, it's worked now - How weird, last time I tried to go from beta to main release, my save game was gone. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

6 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

Oh my christ the player search list is still resetting back to the top most of the time :mad:

At least there’s a workaround for that. Use right-click and the list won’t reset.

8 minutes ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

It's more that it's listed as something that's been fixed and has been an ongoing issue. What's the right click workaround?

If you want to go, let’s say. to a player’s profile, don’t left-click his name on the search list but use right click -> player name.

38 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

If I revert back to the non-beta version, my save is no longer there. 

EDIT  - Actually no, it's worked now - How weird, last time I tried to go from beta to main release, my save game was gone. 

I would guess that's because the beta was ahead of the main game and you were trying to go backwards on the game versions, which won't work for compatibility reasons. Now though the main game is ahead of the beta so the game version is going forwards and so it works.

The change notes says "*For competition specific changes to take effect a new game may be required.". This might be a stupid question but do that include the changes to newgen generation in inactive leagues? Will I get more newgens in inactive leagues in already started saves? I understand that the game can't add players from previous years, but will I get more newgens in upcoming years in my save? I recently found that the bug from 2021 is was still very much still there in 2022. Year two and many European clubs only got 6-8 newgens in total, all of them in the same club.

29 minutes ago, Britrock said:

I would guess that's because the beta was ahead of the main game and you were trying to go backwards on the game versions, which won't work for compatibility reasons. Now though the main game is ahead of the beta so the game version is going forwards and so it works.

Aye, that makes sense. Not going anywhere near the public beta again now :lol:

34 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

I really dont get it how still the IF playing like wingers.. i guess we have to wait until March to see them cut inside 

What a waste. 

Don't have to wait. In my first game after updating my left sided IF cut in at least 5 times dribbling past players and on one occasion dropped a ball to my No 10 went for the return and curled one into the top corner. Only one game but more than i've seen pre patch.

33 minutes ago, 1891 said:

This might be a stupid question but do that include the changes to newgen generation in inactive leagues?

I don't think so. There was an issue with newgens in FM 20 or 21 and it was save compatible the only thing is it might take a year or 2 to be completely fixed 

Played a few games in the updated ME and it definitely seems like an improvement. Have seen one of my IWs cutting in with the ball a few times - not as often as I'd like, but that's much more than previously.  Seeing far fewer headed goals too, which is most welcome.

EDIT to add:  Looks like my IW(su) cuts in; my IW(att) still plays more like a standard winger - though could be down to the players in each position rather than role.

Edited by rp1966

1 minute ago, limey150781 said:

How so?

Well, it is not simple explain, but I will try:

The first thing that I notice in a match engine is the general feeling about how realistic the game looks like. In the ME before the update that was on a very high level. The game looked fluid, for example the CB playing was very close to reality, they made runs with the ball forward etc. Now they just pass the ball as soon as they receive the ball. This is just a small notice. Everything looks just not realistic. I am buying the game every year but this will be my last.

1 minute ago, damjanovski said:

Well, it is not simple explain, but I will try:

The first thing that I notice in a match engine is the general feeling about how realistic the game looks like. In the ME before the update that was on a very high level. The game looked fluid, for example the CB playing was very close to reality, they made runs with the ball forward etc. Now they just pass the ball as soon as they receive the ball. This is just a small notice. Everything looks just not realistic. I am buying the game every year but this will be my last.

Interesting. I'll have a look later but most feedback seems positive bar the IF/IW maybe not fixed to the levels people wanted. I have enjoyed this years ME because I think that it plays more like "real" football with how the ball moves with rebounds, the way players move into space etc. I'll be frustrated if that has changed but like I say, a lot of people seem to be saying that this is a step forward. 

7 minutes ago, damjanovski said:

The game looked fluid, for example the CB playing was very close to reality, they made runs with the ball forward etc. Now they just pass the ball as soon as they receive the ball. This is just a small notice. Everything looks just not realistic. I am buying the game every year but this will be my last.

Well that might be the change relating to how CBs would pass between each other infinitely. Now they aren't doing so and are getting closed down by the opposition players. Also the CBs still carry the ball forward, hell, today I've seen my CB dribble through the middle and assist a goal. It all depends on your mentality/creative freedom, the role and the player you have in that position.

The game definitely looks better since this update (not perfect obviously), so we'll have to disagree here.

Edited by (sic)

3 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

Interesting. I'll have a look later but most feedback seems positive bar the IF/IW maybe not fixed to the levels people wanted. I have enjoyed this years ME because I think that it plays more like "real" football with how the ball moves with rebounds, the way players move into space etc. I'll be frustrated if that has changed but like I say, a lot of people seem to be saying that this is a step forward. 

I was very eager to play the game after the changes, but I am hugely disappointed. The game looks like pinball now, the goals are coming mostly from pass in space. No dribbling at all .

13 minutes ago, damjanovski said:

I was very eager to play the game after the changes, but I am hugely disappointed. The game looks like pinball now, the goals are coming mostly from pass in space. No dribbling at all .

Wasn't it before the changes as well. Dribbling was non-existing since the beta

hello am back from my ban, see my post history to see why, this new engine will get me banned again for same reasons goals from any cross are tuned up too high, headers especially, beyond potent.