*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

One thing I think is worth looking at is the balance between old non-regen players and regens as the game goes on. In the past years' games, regens would usually dominate old non-regen players after a few seasons. I felt this was unrealistic, and I think SI tried to address it under the hood, making non-regen players decline slower, and youth development much harder.

But I think now we're in the extreme the other way round. Basically older non-regen players end up dominating way too much because they don't decline fast enough, and regens end up being dominated because they don't develop enough (especially when managed by the AI).

In my save, I'm in year 2032. And still, the 33 year old Mbappe has 19 for pace and accelleration, probably still the fastest player in the game, and winning best player awards for years on end. Looking at the French team, which I focus on because I've had the French league loaded but fully AI managed for about 8 seasons, 19 out of 23 players in the national team are old non-regens, and 18 out of these 19 are aged 30 or older.

When playing in the CL, most teams I meet are still packed with 33+ non-regen players with 15+ acceleration and pace, and I have most major leagues loaded on view-only and France on playable.

So overall I feel that these two things need to be scaled back, with older players melting faster and regens developing better, maybe like 75-25 average between FM22 and FM21 (so closer to FM22 but not all the way to current levels).

But in general, this seems worthy for SI to investigate and balance a bit in future versions, if they haven't already.

Finally, just to say, overall I'm liking the rebalancing of development and ageing, just think it went too far. Also, I think the AI transfers have improved, I tend to see the major AI teams snapping up the few wonderkids that do generate, and having better squad management overall (less of the old issues of 10 centerbacks in a squad, or buying a player and then transfer listing them a few months later). So good work, and look forward to future improvements.

Some screenshots of Mbappe, best player awards, and the French team below.

533461604_Screenshot2022-01-17at22_10_28.thumb.png.0f390ad7aab3a3fa8391963ea7778bcb.png 1315899349_Screenshot2022-01-17at22_13_56.thumb.png.33090c09692c948e4d0a784b68f7dde1.png 548080246_Screenshot2022-01-17at22_14_49.thumb.png.620e71053f695b1b2d4baa2eaf12c72a.png 1476877898_Screenshot2022-01-17at22_16_00.thumb.png.a7f6993e1d3abfbf861a93ca3e5325c1.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, kepz said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t care if the percentages weren’t figured correctly or something but the fact that any team, let alone a B team, can manage 1000 pass attempts is really brutal to see. Thankfully, I will say, 1K pass attempts  has been an anomaly but the problems still persist with woeful representation of possession overall. 

I just had a match in the Dansih top tier where both teams hit 1k passes. It was just the defenders passing amongst themselves for 15-20 touches then hoof to the other back line who does the same. Rinse and repeat and BAM you've got an ME boys. 

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, kepz said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t care if the percentages weren’t figured correctly or something but the fact that any team, let alone a B team, can manage 1000 pass attempts is really brutal to see. Thankfully, I will say, 1K pass attempts  has been an anomaly but the problems still persist with woeful representation of possession overall. 

Hi Kepz,

Are you able to upload a PKM and your save file for us to have a look at?

Feel free to message me if you have any questions on how to do it.

Thanks

Jack

hace 19 horas, Mitja dijo:

Fm21 looks a lot more like real football with only one major problem for me which is wide play/crossing. 

A match which has 1500 passes plus all crosses and clearances which are not included doesn't look. Average top level game has around 900 passes crosses and clearances included. Low level even less. It's not 20, 30 percent difference. And I'm not talking about stats here it means there are too few interceptions, no real midfield battles, no real pressure on defensive teams, too few transitions etc.

I think that SI Games, with their best intentions, trying to improve the ME, has made a serious mistake and I don't know if they will be able to fix it in the next patch.

There are too many passes, you explain it very well... Also in this ME the players are very cowardly, they play scared... For that reason when an attacker has the ball and can dribble he usually prefers to make a pass, when he has the option to run inside or outside, he gets scared and usually chooses not to risk and go outside to finish with a back pass...

Midfield battles? few

Interceptions? few

Pressure? little intensity

Quick transition? Few, better short pass.

Run or pass? Pass

Dribble or pass? Pass (more dribblings, please)

The consequence of all this? Too many passes.

At first I thought that the biggest problem was the IF/IW issue, I admit my mistake, the IF/IW issue is not the problem, it is an annoying consequence of the real problem: The cowardice of the players and ME in which only passing football has a place.

54 minutes ago, david_kax said:

I think that SI Games, with their best intentions, trying to improve the ME, has made a serious mistake and I don't know if they will be able to fix it in the next patch.

There are too many passes, you explain it very well... Also in this ME the players are very cowardly, they play scared... For that reason when an attacker has the ball and can dribble he usually prefers to make a pass, when he has the option to run inside or outside, he gets scared and usually chooses not to risk and go outside to finish with a back pass...

Midfield battles? few

Interceptions? few

Run or pass? Pass

At first I thought that the biggest problem was the IF/IW issue, I admit my mistake, the IF/IW issue is not the problem, it is an annoying consequence of the real problem: The cowardice of the players and ME in which only passing football has a place.

Dangers of:

- More dribbling, game becomes individualistic rocket men competition.

- More interceptions, game becomes middlefield battle without no pass plays.

- Quick transitions, game becomes ball over the top again. And maybe even clear fest's.

My answer for all of these is off the ball movement. Defensive and attacking. More anticipating more moving in general always moving. If players move spaces open and game doesn't stop in certain height for too long. Interceptions happen in natural way because players cant predict everything properly. Why this is hard? Because this is one step away from complete chaos which I think is the most unsafe scenario when trying to create result sports with certain kind of realism. :D

Edited by Pasonen

1 ora fa, david_kax ha scritto:

Midfield battles? few

Interceptions? few

Run or pass? Pass

Where you see players dribbling more IRL?

Talking of passes and dribblings, this is modern football and FM mimic it quite well.

hace 1 hora, Pasonen dijo:

Dangers of:

- Quick transitions, game becomes ball over the top again. And maybe even clear fest's.

My answer for all of these is off the ball movement. Defensive and attacking. More anticipating more moving in general always moving. If players move spaces open and game doesn't stop in certain height for too long. Interceptions happen in natural way because players cant predict everything properly. Why this is hard? Because this is one step away from complete chaos which I think is the most unsafe scenario when trying to create result sports with certain kind of realism. :D

I find your point of view interesting and I respect your opinion but I don't agree.

I ask for more dribbles from players who are dribblers.It would be unrealistic for Kroos to dribble and it's unrealistic for Vinicius, Mbappé or Salah to dribble very little in FM22.

More interceptions is real football. What is not realistic is to see third division teams with a passing accuracy worthy of Guardiola's Barcelona.

Quick transitions. It is respectable that you do not like quick transitions and prefer passing football but a good ME should allow you to develop your passing football and me to develop my quick transition football. The problem with this ME is that you can develop your football and I can't develop mine when we should both be able to do it.

In the last thing you say I agree a lot, in fact when I talk about more interceptions one of the ways to achieve it is anticipation.

I also agree that it is a very difficult job to achieve a balanced ME, I simply try to explain the origin of some problems in ME 22 because I think that many of them come from a conception of this ME that is too oriented towards passing football and I would like that FM22 reflected all styles of football

7 minutes ago, david_kax said:

I find your point of view interesting and I respect your opinion but I don't agree.

I ask for more dribbles from players who are dribblers.It would be unrealistic for Kroos to dribble and it's unrealistic for Vinicius, Mbappé or Salah to dribble very little in FM22.

More interceptions is real football. What is not realistic is to see third division teams with a passing accuracy worthy of Guardiola's Barcelona.

Quick transitions. It is respectable that you do not like quick transitions and prefer passing football but a good ME should allow you to develop your passing football and me to develop my quick transition football. The problem with this ME is that you can develop your football and I can't develop mine when we should both be able to do it.

In the last thing you say I agree a lot, in fact when I talk about more interceptions one of the ways to achieve it is anticipation.

I also agree that it is a very difficult job to achieve a balanced ME, I simply try to explain the origin of some problems in ME 22 because I think that many of them come from a conception of this ME that is too oriented towards passing football and I would like that FM22 reflected all styles of football

Yeah I trust we're speaking same thing but from different perspectives. I just try to make sure SI don't try solve problems with old ways. :D I don't want flank dribbles back what are unstoppable (they still are partly), unnecessary clears (there's still some), perfect balls over over the top (there's still some)

hace 1 hora, Federico dijo:

Where you see players dribbling more IRL?

Talking of passes and dribblings, this is modern football and FM mimic it quite well.

Watching Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo, Guedes, Williams, Mbappe, Neymar, Salah, Antony, Dembelé... Do you know any of them? 

good ME does not have to reflect a certain style of football, it must allow each manager to play how they want. And if I play with Mbappé and Vinicius, I order them to dribble more and every time they have space to dribble they prefer to pass, it's a bug.

I'm not asking SI Games to take away the chance to play passing soccer. I pray that you can develop your passing football and I can develop my dribbling and quick transitions football and that the best wins

2 hours ago, david_kax said:

I also see it that way. But something had to be done with running with ball style as it was way too easy to exploit space with running with ball in fm21 especially on flanks. To me it looks like its defensive problem plus players have far too good  ball control but they went the other way with fixing this issue and made players reluctant to run with ball. That's all it was needed more mistakes and bad control. Fullbacks retreating issue which was major cause for easy exploit of space is finally fixed and that's a big improvement in current ME.

Also the TC could have been improved dribble less option shouldn't be available on lower mentalities and dribble more on higher since mentality covers it already. It's stranger SI haven't put more consideration into TC by now. Much easier than changing the ME.

hace 15 minutos, Pasonen dijo:

Yeah I trust we're speaking same thing but from different perspectives. I just try to make sure SI don't try solve problems with old ways. :D I don't want flank dribbles back what are unstoppable (they still are partly), unnecessary clears (there's still some), perfect balls over over the top (there's still some)

I want to trust that if they are taking so long to fix it, it is because they do not want to unbalance the ME and create a problem by fixing another.

I also don't want to see, for example, Toni Kroos dribbling :D, I want a balanced ME where all styles of play are shown ;)

22 minuti fa, david_kax ha scritto:

Watching Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo, Guedes, Williams, Mbappe, Neymar, Salah, Antony, Dembelé... Do you know any of them? 

good ME does not have to reflect a certain style of football, it must allow each manager to play how they want. And if I play with Mbappé and Vinicius, I order them to dribble more and every time they have space to dribble they prefer to pass, it's a bug.

I'm not asking SI Games to take away the chance to play passing soccer. I pray that you can develop your passing football and I can develop my dribbling and quick transitions football and that the best wins

You mentioned a small bunch of players - and to be honest only maybe 3 of them have dribble skills - and you don't consider the whole football world. I agree though that the more talented and skilled players could show better what they're able to do with the ball on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Pasonen said:

Dangers of:

Compared to other sports football is far more chaotic and dynamic. It's exactly what's missing. More mistakes, more interceptions, worse ball control, less passing, more transitions. Passing streaks a far too long right now.

hace 29 minutos, Federico dijo:

You mentioned a small bunch of players - and to be honest only maybe 3 of them have dribble skills - and you don't consider the whole football world. I agree though that the more talented and skilled players could show better what they're able to do with the ball on the pitch.

I did not try to mention all the dribblers in the world, just to give some examples.

All the players I mentioned have dribbling skills. For example, Nico Williams averages more than 7 successful dribbles per 90 minutes more than Vinicius (5.6).

It's true that there are fewer and fewer players like that, but the few that there are should dribble more, I'm just saying that;).

If the tactical option "Dribble or face the defense" worked properly, everyone would be happy, whoever wants their players to dribble and whoever does not.

On 17/01/2022 at 09:42, WelshMourinho said:

Germany, as you can imagine, is absolutely horrible for this. Random 2* coaches turning up with a gegenpressing style and being horrible to play against. Mainz have just finished 4th in 2026/27 despite being predicted 14th, and they play a 4-4-2 with 2 wingers... absolutely bizarre witnessing a counter press with the 2 wide men being as wide as possible, but it's worked for them. Freiburg are usually really good at this too, then you've got the likes of Manuel Baum, Frank Kramer and of course, Christian Streich. 

I've enjoyed my save in the German leagues, but the temptation to leave is growing with every season that passes.

I'm playing as Leipzig, and yep, there's one weird team every year :lol: Freiburg, Koln, right now apparently it is Hertha... 

My biggest frustration remains the finishing quality however - missing some good chances is 'realistic', but the volume of close range chances missed/hitting woodwork is maddening.

IDK what happened but I play in 2D and the widget that is there by default (match stats) during highlights does not become transparent when the play goes on that side of the pitch. I'm sure it was becoming transparent always until today. I restarted the game and still it's not going transparent. Any solution to this? 

19 hours ago, duff33 said:

I'm playing as Leipzig, and yep, there's one weird team every year :lol: Freiburg, Koln, right now apparently it is Hertha... 

My biggest frustration remains the finishing quality however - missing some good chances is 'realistic', but the volume of close range chances missed/hitting woodwork is maddening.

This is a problem in FM that goes back to Championship Manager......too many good chances are created in FM so in order for the game not to end up with ridiculous scores players miss one on ones....like a couple per match....

And even more ridiculous is that after missing a couple such chances they tend to score from a cross, penalty or a corner leading to people saying that attributes don't matter....

54 minutes ago, FM1000 said:

This is a problem in FM that goes back to Championship Manager......too many good chances are created in FM so in order for the game not to end up with ridiculous scores players miss one on ones....like a couple per match....

And even more ridiculous is that after missing a couple such chances they tend to score from a cross, penalty or a corner leading to people saying that attributes don't matter....

This is one thing I think has improved hugely in this version- attributes really feel like they matter when it comes to finishing in my view.

I can see a noticeable difference when Karim Adeyemi is 1-on-1 with the keeper than when it is one of my midfielders breaking the lines. Didn't feel like that one FM20.

19 ore fa, luka_zg ha scritto:

IDK what happened but I play in 2D and the widget that is there by default (match stats) during highlights does not become transparent when the play goes on that side of the pitch. I'm sure it was becoming transparent always until today. I restarted the game and still it's not going transparent. Any solution to this? 

At least should appear on the other side of the play. Get me so angry when it pops up and cannot be hidden :seagull:

4 hours ago, KingCanary said:

This is one thing I think has improved hugely in this version- attributes really feel like they matter when it comes to finishing in my view.

I can see a noticeable difference when Karim Adeyemi is 1-on-1 with the keeper than when it is one of my midfielders breaking the lines. Didn't feel like that one FM20.

Having seen players with pretty reasonable finishing stats miss from four yards, I am not entirely sure I agree :lol: 

On 18/01/2022 at 09:55, david_kax said:

Everyone goes wide rather than just straight for the goal, even AF strikers. I agree very much its not a IF/IW problem, those roles you at least can tweak to cut inside. 

I do fear that the new ME will bring back the unbeatable IFs again like we've had for several years now because of all the very vocal members here that's been complaining, any IF(A) coupled with a DLF(S) will score you 40-50 goals a season and an already way too easy game becomes almost unplayable because where's the joy in winning PL your first year with teams like Norwich, Watford, Palace etc?

I really hope SI are able to see past the same handful of members that's been complaining here since release and rather trust their own people, make it harder to succeed and harder to exploit the ME, not easier FFS!

1 hour ago, duff33 said:

Having seen players with pretty reasonable finishing stats miss from four yards, I am not entirely sure I agree :lol: 

Real players who are excellent finishers miss chances from 4 yards on occasion.

My point though is more that I see a difference between players in game. So for instance Adeyemi in a 1-on-1 is more likely to draw a keeper out and try and lift it over him, while Teemu Pukki was more likely to try and take it round the keep, while a less confident midfielder who doesn't score many is more likely to put it too close to the keeper.

Whether the conversion ratios are connected to real life I don't know. But, for me, in this version I feel like attributes do actually seem to matter and show up in the match engine which is something I'd never have said about FM20. 

hace 33 minutos, zindrinho dijo:

Everyone goes wide rather than just straight for the goal, even AF strikers. I agree very much its not a IF/IW problem, those roles you at least can tweak to cut inside. 

I do fear that the new ME will bring back the unbeatable IFs again like we've had for several years now because of all the very vocal members here that's been complaining, any IF(A) coupled with a DLF(S) will score you 40-50 goals a season and an already way too easy game becomes almost unplayable because where's the joy in winning PL your first year with teams like Norwich, Watford, Palace etc?

I really hope SI are able to see past the same handful of members that's been complaining here since release and rather trust their own people, make it harder to succeed and harder to exploit the ME, not easier FFS!

I was one of those who thought that way at first, that's why I want to rectify and admit my mistake.

Of course the behavior of the IF/IW is not correct but, as you say, it is a problem of all the attackers who do not run or dribble towards the goal and often escape to wide or pass the ball.

I also agree with you that the game has to be a bit more difficult, I also like to win the Champions League with the team from my small town, but I don't like to do it after the second or third year of reaching the first division.

2 hours ago, zindrinho said:

Sorry, I am just curious, can you please show me some proof of IF being unplayable and scoring that many goals? Screenshots or something. 

Because I feel completely opposite, that they are underpowered in last couple of years, because of the unnecessary crossing on the far post they do, poor finishing etc. 

1 hour ago, Marko1989 said:

Sorry, I am just curious, can you please show me some proof of IF being unplayable and scoring that many goals? Screenshots or something. 

Because I feel completely opposite, that they are underpowered in last couple of years, because of the unnecessary crossing on the far post they do, poor finishing etc. 

Sorry, I dont think I have save games from previous FMs on this computer, maybe I have some FM21 where Greenwood was the best player in the world 1st season, can check after the PL games tonight (In real life :P)

I got Jordon Ibe to win golden boy in fm17 for bournemouth, Moryke Fofana was african player of the year on FM15 while still in Lillestrom norwegian 1st tier.
I'm sure someone else here have old FM save games where the IFs rule, it was very prevalent in those older editions.

8 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

Sorry, I dont think I have save games from previous FMs on this computer, maybe I have some FM21 where Greenwood was the best player in the world 1st season, can check after the PL games tonight (In real life :P)

I got Jordon Ibe to win golden boy in fm17 for bournemouth, Moryke Fofana was african player of the year on FM15 while still in Lillestrom norwegian 1st tier.
I'm sure someone else here have old FM save games where the IFs rule, it was very prevalent in those older editions.

Well, you've took Greenwood, the most overrated youngster in the game, with insane attributes, that guy would be good on any position :)

( for FM15 I agree, IF's were very good )

I am talking about Inside Forwards in general. They are not good as they should be, except those with insane attributes like Salah, Greenwood etc. Just because those players score 40-50 goals in your save ( which I doubt even happened in multiple cases ) does not meant that the IF position is unplayable. Those players are just too good, on any position. If some average/decent IF's were banging 40-50 goals per season, then you could say that the position is overpowered or unplayable.

4 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Well, you've took Greenwood, the most overrated youngster in the game, with insane attributes, that guy would be good on any position :)

( for FM15 I agree, IF's were very good )

I am talking about Inside Forwards in general. They are not good as they should be, except those with insane attributes like Salah, Greenwood etc. Just because those players score 40-50 goals in your save ( which I doubt even happened in multiple cases ) does not meant that the IF position is unplayable. Those players are just too good, on any position. If some average/decent IF's were banging 40-50 goals per season, then you could say that the position is overpowered or unplayable.

Jordon Ibe then? All IF(a)s were way overpowered no matter their stats, Ibe golden boy and a Lillestrøm player african POTY makes little sense.

IFs on attack where my top scorer in all saves, that's why I call them overpowered, should be strikers in most cases.

19 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

Jordon Ibe then? All IF(a)s were way overpowered no matter their stats, Ibe golden boy and a Lillestrøm player african POTY makes little sense.

IFs on attack where my top scorer in all saves, that's why I call them overpowered, should be strikers in most cases.

It is not hard at all to win Golden Boy award because top AI teams don't play young players that much, they don't use them as a important first team players, especially in earlier versions, as that what are you talking about happened in FM 2017.

Ok if that is the case in your all saves, than you must have a couple of saves where you can take screenshots of IF's scoring 40-50 goals, both your and AI IF's, please share if you find them I would be grateful, cheers 👍

Edited by Marko1989

17 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

Ok if that is the case in your all saves, than you must have a couple of saves where you can take screenshots of IF's scoring 40-50 goals, both your and AI IF's, please share if you find them I would be grateful, cheers 👍

I am talking about IFs on versions PRIOR to fm22, you are too right? Not getting 40-50goals from wide men now, and very happy not to.

23 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

I am talking about IFs on versions PRIOR to fm22, you are too right? 

Yes, I am talking about IFs on versions before FM22 as well. I have never seen IFs score 40-50 goals in any of those versions. That may be possible only if you are using some exploit tactic but I doubt it would happen even then.

25 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

Not getting 40-50goals from wide men now, and very happy not to.

Well, you didn't even prove that 40-50 goals from wide players on regular basis was happening at all. 
---------------------------------------------------------------

Here, went on holiday 3 seasons in FM 2015, and one season in FM2021 to check Messi stats. ( just one in FM2021 because he rapidly declines later )

FM 2015, 3 seasons, in all 3 he didn't came close even in the league to his real life stats. And this is when he was in his prime, and the best IF in history of the game.

UYDCM9f.thumb.png.75ef0ec11c3ae2e101eac778d6b414f6.png

FM 2021, his goals overall, including non competitive and international, not even close to 40-50 you are talking about.
jp7GCa3.png.cd6229ef62a2201fc288c1b24af1be2e.png

I don't see here IF being overpowered, I just see very best IF ever failing to reach close to his real life stats. With all the respect, you are not right at all, what you are talking about can be achieved only when your team is too strong or when you are using exploit tactic. IFs need more work and that is a fact. FM 2015 at least on the pitch had IF's that looked like real IF's they were dribbling, they were cutting inside, you could see the difference when they have "shot with power" or "place his shots| trait, you could see when he has "plays one-two often", "goes forward on regular basis" etc. I don't know why they changed that.

One thing that annoys the **** out of me is this. When a player plays in a league where B-teams also show on the history page. It looks so ugly and I really don't like it. Sure, when player are from the academy and they play competitive games for the B-team, it still looks ugly but I get it. But in a lot of cases it also shows when a player comes on as a sub in a friendly in pre season, and it says 0 games played. I would love SI to get rid of this 'feature'.

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-19 om 19.25.58.png

13 hours ago, zindrinho said:

I am talking about IFs on versions PRIOR to fm22, you are too right? Not getting 40-50goals from wide men now, and very happy not to.

Checked my fm21 save none of top IFs comes close to their real life stats let alone 40-50 goals. Usually they are closer to 10 goals than 30. Which means they are underperforming scoring wise. If you managed to make them score 50 goals hats off to you but I very much doubt it until I see it. And even then it doesn't prove much.

17 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

FM 2021, his goals overall, including non competitive and international, not even close to 40-50 you are talking about.

I don't see here IF being overpowered, I just see very best IF ever failing to reach close to his real life stats. With all the respect, you are not right at all, what you are talking about can be achieved only when your team is too strong or when you are using exploit tactic. IFs need more work and that is a fact. FM 2015 at least on the pitch had IF's that looked like real IF's they were dribbling, they were cutting inside, you could see the difference when they have "shot with power" or "place his shots| trait, you could see when he has "plays one-two often", "goes forward on regular basis" etc. I don't know why they changed that.

Aha, I think I see the confusion here. I'm not talking about computer controlled players, the AI cant play FM if their future depended on it :D
I'm talking about your own team, if you had a decently paced IF on attack,  coupled with a lone DLF(S) or similar striker role YOUR IF will be your top scorer every season, scoring 40-50 goals every year. It has been like this at least since FM15, and is probably one of the reasons why the game has been waaay too easy.

Not completely related, but I'd think Messi was more of a IW than IF back in his prime, he didn't just hang on the shoulder of a fullback or run into the space he had left behind, Messi went straight into 2 DMs and a CB no problem at all :) 

14 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

Aha, I think I see the confusion here. I'm not talking about computer controlled players, the AI cant play FM if their future depended on it :D
I'm talking about your own team, if you had a decently paced IF on attack,  coupled with a lone DLF(S) or similar striker role YOUR IF will be your top scorer every season, scoring 40-50 goals every year. It has been like this at least since FM15, and is probably one of the reasons why the game has been waaay too easy.

Not completely related, but I'd think Messi was more of a IW than IF back in his prime, he didn't just hang on the shoulder of a fullback or run into the space he had left behind, Messi went straight into 2 DMs and a CB no problem at all :) 

Ok I understand, but still I don't agree, until I see some proof of your/ours IF scoring 40/50 goals every season, paired with any striker role, without using some exploit tactic, I simply can't accept what are you saying :)

Edited by Marko1989

I believe everyone is aware that the game is very good. But we are waiting for news, there are features that can improve and we want that for the next patch:

The defense has times that it is still while the attacker moves this has to be more realistic, imprecise movements of the defenders and mainly "game of body", dribbles, more precise movements of the attackers. I believe that the goalkeepers have improved a lot from the last FMS, but they still continue in several defenses, going out with the ball for a corner, sliding or skating something bizarre. Another very annoying situation is if the ball is going out for a corner and the defender runs to catch it and this can result in a throw to the opponent, the artificial intelligence has to be better improved.

I'm really looking forward to the patch, we really expect a lot of emphasis on movement, plays in the middle, the short touch being more valued as well as the more participatory extremes. I think one thing that irritates me to many FMS is the abusive amount of balls on the beam, I think this has to be reviewed as well as goals lost by totally ridiculous weak kicks, it is preferable that the goalkeeper defends or that the attacker kicks out (trying to hit an angle, kicking too hard or just kicking normal). And finally, a situation that would improve the game a lot: players with attributes above 16 have to be well above the others, this has to appear in the strongest ME. Example: Roberto Carlos formerly, Real Madrid full-back, when he took a free-kick, the strong kick was remarkable and the chance of a goal grew a lot.

2 hours ago, zindrinho said:

I can confirm my set up is similar and ive replayed the first  season multiple times and do NOT see 40-50 goals

Talking of blocked crosses, the fairly useless play of IW/IF's certainly seems to create situations that lead to having loads of corners a game. The average is 10.7 p/g in the Premier League, I keep seeing games that go well over that- I just played Arsenal for instance and the game had 21 corners!

4 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Talking of blocked crosses, the fairly useless play of IW/IF's certainly seems to create situations that lead to having loads of corners a game. The average is 10.7 p/g in the Premier League, I keep seeing games that go well over that- I just played Arsenal for instance and the game had 21 corners!

I think it's a combination of a lot of things. The attacking side of the game is really good but th defensive side is still bad. You don't see defenders clear crosses properly, and when they do the clear it to an attacking player that just kicks it inside the net. Instead of seeing a lot of blocked crossed I'd love to see more over hit crosses, more crosses that the defenders clear out for a throw, more crosses that the defenders clear out and they are able to start a counter attack of their own.

With crossing now it's either it's blocked so it doesn't even come in or the attacking team gets a good chance. There is no in between

Edited by DarJ

7 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Agree. although I have a decent amount of success playing a 433 very narrow, with my IFs on sit narrow, with my full backs on stay wide and my BBM on move into channels. Its greatly improved not just my crossing from wide, but also my IFs are involved centrally with my DLF-A. 

Granted I've got very good players but their numbers with this setup are much better than the previous season, although Parrot isnt the finished article and has had a decent season:

image.thumb.png.ba934e6eda1b1b0050c4cbd38665cd0d.png

Hope SI do sort out the roles themselves but those wide AMR/L roles can be very effective with a few tweaks.

Edited by dunk105

On 19/01/2022 at 16:07, KingCanary said:

Real players who are excellent finishers miss chances from 4 yards on occasion.

My point though is more that I see a difference between players in game. So for instance Adeyemi in a 1-on-1 is more likely to draw a keeper out and try and lift it over him, while Teemu Pukki was more likely to try and take it round the keep, while a less confident midfielder who doesn't score many is more likely to put it too close to the keeper.

Whether the conversion ratios are connected to real life I don't know. But, for me, in this version I feel like attributes do actually seem to matter and show up in the match engine which is something I'd never have said about FM20. 

Not doubting it happens on occasion, it's just the frequency in-game that bothers me :)