*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

10 minutes ago, Fancy Gaffot said:

Thanks SI for ruining my long term "realistic" save with as many leagues and nations as my PC could realistically handle. I'm in 2044 and now suddenly Russian teams will be playing their home games at neutral venues. Absolutely disgraceful meddling with a product I paid money for.

In real world, it's 2022 and now suddenly Russian teams are banned from European competitions. The clubs like Spartak Moscow could ask this question too. Is this not realistic as well?

Come on guys, all of this is not SI's fault but Putin's and his crew.

Edited by gggfunk

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, davehanson said:

No they won't. In future versions of FM the ban will be lifted when RL lifts the ban, if that makes sense?

And, the two suggestions so far, 1 year and your 2 seasons: If I told you Germany (as East and West) were not involved in European/International competitons for 8 years and 5 years respectivley after WW2 and then suggested that Russia should be banned for about 6 years as I think that is fair, what would you say?

And this is where SI have an issue. It isn't like Brexit. Brexit we knew would happen, we just didn't know the state of it. SI guessed and made various scenarios. Let me throw something out there - if Russia occupy Ukaraine I can't see Russia or it's clubs ever being let back in European/World competition. So, all those: The war will end. Yes it will, but nobody knows how or what will happen when it does.

Russia won't be unbanned before the life cycle of FM22 is over. I personally can't see them being unbanned from European/World football for at least 5 years.

Yes, my mistake. I meant that in FM22, Russia will be banned forever.

And that's the thing that bugs me. I bought FM22 last year, but had I known this 22.4 update would happen and be basically mandatory, I wouldn't have.

You say that it isn't like Brexit, because we knew that would happen, just not how. I think the war is entirely similar. It will end, we just don't know how.

You think it might take 5-6 years, hey, that's fair enough. For a lot of reasons I hope that's too pessimistic, but I respect the estimate. And that's exactly what I hoped SI would do, as they've skillfully done with so many other complex issues.

And everyone, please don't compare this to the Greenwood case. His career may well be over, and his absence doesn't fundamentally alter the whole European footballing ecosystem indefinitely.

1 hour ago, Hurball said:

Had SI banned Russia for 5-10 years I don't think we'd be seeing anywhere near the same number of complaints.

I think SI have taken a politically-charged stance by banning them forever. It's not an attempt to reflect the current reality, it's gone much further and is into the realms of making a statement about being against war, as if it's a niche stance.

They aren't banned for 5-10 years though, they are currently banned indefinitely

3 hours ago, Esben Knudsen said:

Yes, my mistake. I meant that in FM22, Russia will be banned forever.

And that's the thing that bugs me. I bought FM22 last year, but had I known this 22.4 update would happen and be basically mandatory, I wouldn't have.

You say that it isn't like Brexit, because we knew that would happen, just not how. I think the war is entirely similar. It will end, we just don't know how.

You think it might take 5-6 years, hey, that's fair enough. For a lot of reasons I hope that's too pessimistic, but I respect the estimate. And that's exactly what I hoped SI would do, as they've skillfully done with so many other complex issues.

And everyone, please don't compare this to the Greenwood case. His career may well be over, and his absence doesn't fundamentally alter the whole European footballing ecosystem indefinitely.

You can't just say don't compare to Greenwood etc, when that's exactly how they have implemented in, like they implement all indefinite bans. It's just that this time it's been applied to a country rather than a player, because again, the ban is on a country rather than a player. 

8 hours ago, ShadowWolf11 said:

I can't believe you are comparing a national ban to a single player. SI aren't banning a single player they are banning an entire nation, leagues and drastically changing the landscape of future players. If we are to be realistic the chance of Ukraine remaining as Ukraine is slim, why aren't they also removed from the DB????

I certainly hope that that the chances of Ukraine remaining Ukraine are much much better than slim.

Personally I agree with the changes that have been made, they reflect the action FIFA and UEFA have implemented, Russia and Belarus are INDEFINATELY banned, which means they will be excluded until such time as the governing bodies decree otherwise.  SI have reflected this appropriately.  I am sure that they will be returned to the game once the ban is over, probably in a later iteration of the game (FM23 or 24 maybe)   Leaving Ukraine as playable is perhaps a show of solidarity, much the same as almost every other nation on the planet has done.

Lets all hope that the War will be over soon and that the Russian people can bring enough pressure to bear on the Russian leader to give up the day job......

PEACE to ALL

Even this far through this version's lifespan, still finding weird new bugs ... 

In my manager's job history the game has completely failed to record anything for the 2023/24 season. How can that even be a thing?!

image.png.50c34978943abdfad480d482fa60a872.png

6 часов назад, gggfunk сказал:

In real world, it's 2022 and now suddenly Russian teams are banned from European competitions. The clubs like Spartak Moscow could ask this question too. Is this not realistic as well?

Come on guys, all of this is not SI's fault but Putin's and his crew.

then why am I buying this game? So that later they would deprive me of the opportunity to play for Russian clubs in European competitions? I think it looks like a robbery, I'm not interested in playing in England, Germany, France and so on, I want to play in Russia and why then do they take away my opportunity to participate in a prestigious competition and deprive me of home matches? why then should I be content with a piece of code from Sports interactive, for which I paid full price?

47 minutes ago, Redson15 said:

then why am I buying this game? So that later they would deprive me of the opportunity to play for Russian clubs in European competitions? I think it looks like a robbery, I'm not interested in playing in England, Germany, France and so on, I want to play in Russia and why then do they take away my opportunity to participate in a prestigious competition and deprive me of home matches? why then should I be content with a piece of code from Sports interactive, for which I paid full price?

I also like playing in Russia, as I think it's a very interesting league to play in as I have had some really good careers there. Especially lower league add-ons make it a very enjoyable experience.

However, SI couldn't leave out the international bans placed by UEFA and FIFA on the Russian national team and the Russian clubs for European competitions. As per now, the ban is indefinite, so it's implemented as such. It's a shame this has happened, but it has happened as one of the many consequences of the actions of the leader of Russia. So he bear the ultimate blame for all consequences, this included. We can't do much other than hope for a peaceful resolution as soon as possible and hopefully things can slowly be restored in all aspects.

11 minutes ago, XaW said:

I also like playing in Russia, as I think it's a very interesting league to play in as I have had some really good careers there. Especially lower league add-ons make it a very enjoyable experience.

However, SI couldn't leave out the international bans placed by UEFA and FIFA on the Russian national team and the Russian clubs for European competitions. As per now, the ban is indefinite, so it's implemented as such. It's a shame this has happened, but it has happened as one of the many consequences of the actions of the leader of Russia. So he bear the ultimate blame for all consequences, this included. We can't do much other than hope for a peaceful resolution as soon as possible and hopefully things can slowly be restored in all aspects.

Why 22.1 db are affected by these changes? Why not just the 22.4 and 22.3? Why is it not possible to delete a new patch? This would allow players to decide if they want to play with russian teams or not. Why the changes could not be validated only in the Fm23. Now 2022 end of march, the Fm22 begins 2021 Jun... Understand you the my problem?

4 minutes ago, Cle said:

Why 22.1 db are affected by these changes? Why not just the 22.4 and 22.3?

They are not in the same way. In current games Russian teams still play in Europe, they just play on neutral venues. So the impact on current saves are minimal.

6 minutes ago, Cle said:

Why is it not possible to delete a new patch? This would allow players to decide if they want to play with russian teams or not.

This has never been possible, and is nothing new for this patch.

8 minutes ago, Cle said:

Why the changes could not be validated only in the Fm23. Now 2022 end of march, the Fm22 begins 2021 Jun... Understand you the my problem?

Because they happened before the final FM22 patch. If this had happened in a few months, then SI probably wouldn't have done anything for FM22. They haven't for FM21 or earlier. And I certainly understand why you think this is an issue, I'm simply saying SI are following FIFA and UEFA, and thus have little to no other way of doing it. Many who mainly play in the UK hated the Brexit thing, but it was implemented still. The game follows the real world when it can, and the cause for this issue is ultimately the Russian government, just as Brexit was with the British one.

26 minutes ago, XaW said:

They are not in the same way. In current games Russian teams still play in Europe, they just play on neutral venues. So the impact on current saves are minimal.

This has never been possible, and is nothing new for this patch.

Because they happened before the final FM22 patch. If this had happened in a few months, then SI probably wouldn't have done anything for FM22. They haven't for FM21 or earlier. And I certainly understand why you think this is an issue, I'm simply saying SI are following FIFA and UEFA, and thus have little to no other way of doing it. Many who mainly play in the UK hated the Brexit thing, but it was implemented still. The game follows the real world when it can, and the cause for this issue is ultimately the Russian government, just as Brexit was with the British one.

I just started with 22.1 db. is the same as 22.3 or 22.4 not compete CL, EL, EL2 and Russian National Team can not play not even in summer 2021. Why is it changing the SI games with retroactive effect? Si games wants to change no problem, but only 22,3 and 22,4 db, but do not change the 22.1 db, as it is not correct. By the way Brexit was easy to solve in Editor. Do you think the current problem is easy to solve in editor?

Just now, Cle said:

I just started with 22.1 db. is the same as 22.3 or 22.4 not compete CL, EL, EL2 and Russian National Team can not play not even in summer 2021. Why is it changing the SI games with retroactive effect? Si games wants to change no problem, but only 22,3 and 22,4 db, but do not change the 22.1 db, as it is not correct. By the way Brexit was easy to solve in Editor. Do you think the current problem is easy to solve in editor?

SI decided it was the right thing to do based on what has happened. I'm not employed by SI, so I don't know the reasons any more than you do. The blog post from Miles is the best insight we have.

I have no idea how Brexit was changed in the editor, and I don't know if this is solvable in the editor or not.

We should hope that the Russian leaders will stop the invasion, and thus start the return towards a peaceful time again.

23 minuti fa, XaW ha scritto:

SI decided it was the right thing to do based on what has happened. I'm not employed by SI, so I don't know the reasons any more than you do. The blog post from Miles is the best insight we have.

I have no idea how Brexit was changed in the editor, and I don't know if this is solvable in the editor or not.

We should hope that the Russian leaders will stop the invasion, and thus start the return towards a peaceful time again.

i totally understand what SI did there. However, this isn't hurting russian government. It only hurts SI customers. If the new DB was affected, I could swallow it, but since it includes the old db, it really seems like shooting your own foot.

Just now, MBarbaric said:

i totally understand what SI did there. However, this isn't hurting russian government. It only hurts SI customers. If the new DB was affected, I could swallow it, but since it includes the old db, it really seems like shooting your own foot.

I don't think this will hurt the Russian government, in the same way adding Brexit didn't hurt the British government. But the actions of a country's leadership will impact their citizens, unforunately.

12 minutes ago, Cle said:

Currently running some tests for that with editor files I made for the 22.1 database.

2 minutes ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Yeah you are right, this change will end the the war!!!

It's not about ending the war, it's about doing what they feel is right.

I get it's annoying for some, but it's the right thing to do.

If I was in charge of SI I'd have just deleted the Russian league from the game

Edited by ajw10

On 25/03/2022 at 18:37, JordanMillward_1 said:

Probably in the process of being updated, I'd imagine.

For what it's worth, I still can't access it. The (translated) message I get is 'this item has been marked as hidden or you don't have permission to view this.'

6 minutes ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Hope you don't complain about a football result because "There's a war going on ffs"

Well there's a difference between complaining and what's currently going on in this thread. People have lost their minds.

11 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

If I was in charge of SI I'd have just deleted the Russian league from the game

No, I believe the Russian leagues should still be playable (albeit with no continental football). It should be up to users whether they want the Russian leagues in their game or not. (Personally, I won't be loading them in any future FM saves as things stand.)

Again, I understand why SI have replicated Russia's suspension from FIFA and UEFA competitions. But removing the Russian league - and basically pretending it doesn't exist anymore - is a step too far in my opinion.

1 hour ago, ARustyFirePlace said:

So, 4 months after launch SI says there's not enough time to fix various ME issues for FM22, yet they have time to implement a massive change erasing an entire country from the game. Seems legit.

Can take our leave the Russian league thing - but you do know different people do different tasks and work on different parts of the product right?

I think the 22 ME is a step backwards from 21, but do you seriously believe that is how they work? smh

• Administrators

People here are absolutely fine to provide feedback saying they do or don't agree with our approach and the reasons why. Even within the studio some people had different ideas on what we could do compared to others. We knew before we released this update we weren't going to satisfy everyone unfortunately, that's the reality of something like this.

Appreciate the comparisons with what we've done in the past with Brexit, COVID and individual players, but this situation in relation to active playable leagues and the decisions from UEFA/FIFA is quite unprecedented.

Everything posted here will be read and considered within the studio for future releases. Would appreciate it if those who have had their say allow others to contribute - I know in the past we've had some topics create a bit of an echo chamber. Just please do keep posts respectful to other users, the moderating team and Dev team.

Thanks. 

I know it isn't a simple thing but I do hope SI at some point will dive into making staff feedback useful as right now it is often bordering on the nonsensical.

For example in my latest staff meeting my DoF recommended both my first choice right and left winger be demoted from regular starter to fringe player 'to better reflect their ability in the squad and playing time.'

The only issue is the DoF rates both these players as being the best in my squad at their particular positions and both of these players have been regular starters in good form this season. I could understand if I really rated these players but the DoF doesn't, but his own report lists one of them as a 4 star and the other 3.5 star for their positions. Why, if he thinks they are both that good, would he recommend 'fringe player' is a better reflection of their ability with regards to our squad?

I know this is just something I can click past but I do wish for a day when staff feedback actually helped me make choice in the game, rather than being another thing to hastily click 'ignore' on.

56 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

I know it isn't a simple thing but I do hope SI at some point will dive into making staff feedback useful as right now it is often bordering on the nonsensical.

For example in my latest staff meeting my DoF recommended both my first choice right and left winger be demoted from regular starter to fringe player 'to better reflect their ability in the squad and playing time.'

The only issue is the DoF rates both these players as being the best in my squad at their particular positions and both of these players have been regular starters in good form this season. I could understand if I really rated these players but the DoF doesn't, but his own report lists one of them as a 4 star and the other 3.5 star for their positions. Why, if he thinks they are both that good, would he recommend 'fringe player' is a better reflection of their ability with regards to our squad?

I know this is just something I can click past but I do wish for a day when staff feedback actually helped me make choice in the game, rather than being another thing to hastily click 'ignore' on.

Does his preferred formation include wingers?

1 hour ago, KingCanary said:

I put my DoF in charge of transfers for realism purposes, and he sold all my goalkeepers. I had to play a greyed out keeper. That lack of intelligence on the part of the AI staff really bugs me. Selling all the bloody goalkeepers without even having a replacement lined up. It's not as though we were needing to sell off the family silver for financial reasons, or received offers that were irrefusable/met the minimum fee release clause. Just sold for the hell of it. 

Makes it difficult to play the game with these parameters added for more enjoyment. Defo need to sort the staff out!

4 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

I put my DoF in charge of transfers for realism purposes, and he sold all my goalkeepers

Well that's my theory shot then.... Unless your DOF has a preferred tactic which includes no keepers.... :lol:

15 hours ago, baris28 said:

Are you also trying to ban Turkish origin German from database. Carefull Turkey is a Nato member.  

I feel like the obvious point of that screenshot is that a nobody youth prospect who doesn't rate a contract with a nothing German side is being highlighted as the third-best U-18 player in the entire world.

1 hour ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

I put my DoF in charge of transfers for realism purposes, and he sold all my goalkeepers. I had to play a greyed out keeper. That lack of intelligence on the part of the AI staff really bugs me. Selling all the bloody goalkeepers without even having a replacement lined up. It's not as though we were needing to sell off the family silver for financial reasons, or received offers that were irrefusable/met the minimum fee release clause. Just sold for the hell of it. 

Makes it difficult to play the game with these parameters added for more enjoyment. Defo need to sort the staff out!

Wow I've never seen that, but then I suggest Transfer Targets to my DoF rather than having my DoF choose.

Did your DoF not even attempt to buy a new goalkeeper?

1 minute ago, Platinum said:

Wow I've never seen that, but then I suggest Transfer Targets to my DoF rather than having my DoF choose.

Did your DoF not even attempt to buy a new goalkeeper?

I've not played much since the sales, out of sheer disgust really. But no attempts were made when the sales were in progress. Given that we're semi-pro, and the bids that were accepted involved no transfer fee, it's not even as though the DoF was waiting on the funds to come in to make bids. You can sign most players for nothing at this level, so the opportunity was there. 

1 hour ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

I've not played much since the sales, out of sheer disgust really. But no attempts were made when the sales were in progress. Given that we're semi-pro, and the bids that were accepted involved no transfer fee, it's not even as though the DoF was waiting on the funds to come in to make bids. You can sign most players for nothing at this level, so the opportunity was there. 

I would be extremely surprised if your DoF doesnt sign replacement goalkeepers. Have league games started for the season?

2 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

I feel like the obvious point of that screenshot is that a nobody youth prospect who doesn't rate a contract with a nothing German side is being highlighted as the third-best U-18 player in the entire world.

He's obviously a relative of the author of the Nxgn article.  These things happen.

3 saat önce, Sunstrikuuu said:

Yes obvious bug. It was a joke by me maybe too sarcastic one.

34 minutes ago, Platinum said:

I would be extremely surprised if your DoF doesnt sign replacement goalkeepers. Have league games started for the season?

Yeah, I'm in October. Playing in one of the league below the National League, so players still seem to be able to move about outside the traditional transfer window. 

I'm sure if I kept playing, he'd sign someone. But the damage done by his stupidity has already thrown us off track. So he can get in the bin, along with the save! :D 

Scouts are factually not registering/watching the matches (where the player is involved) and country knowledge % and player knowledge % are completely on different and separated streamlines in the code. Sending the scout to watch 20 games of the same team will not increase the player's knowledge who was involved with that. It only increase the country's knowledge where the club is located. But that alone will not have any % increase of the player knowledge overall if it is already maxed out (the nation I mean). So scouting in lower leagues with attribute masking is close to impossible.

Example from my save: Identify a player. He is Irish, playing in Irish First Division, the same as my team is located in. Played against me 4 times the whole 90 minutes during the season. Obviously having 100% country knowledge due the club located in Ireland and all of the staff members being from there. Having Scouting package of UK & Ireland (previously just the current division and the two surrounding one, but the league was still covered there). Considering all these factors it is completely logical that the individual player scouting knowledge is at 54%. You just can't make this up that it does not matter at all, that I have 100% knowledge of the country and the player played against me 4 times in a 5 month period, Yet I still do not know if he is a low-average boy with 10 strength or he is an absolute unit with 16, or that he is a lazy bastard on the pitch with 9 work rate or an really good workhorse with 15. 

Or it is just my save, that I have literally 8 players in whole Ireland with 100% knowledge outside of my own team. HOW?

So you expect me to scout each player individually that I am interested in. But these have to be in playable leagues (so the % will actually move up if they play a match) to have their attributes be fully visible after 2-3 matches. But if there is another dude in the same team it would take and individual assignment for him as well. It is not working that I assign the scout to watch that 2 players at the same time at the same match. No-no, it has to be separated, two individual assignment :D . Also requesting the scout to watch that specific match (assignment-match-the one where two player's will be playing) as it will not reveal any % increase on any of the two players. 

Edited by marioNOW

Honestly kids writing in this forum makes me wonder in this game every year but I don't quite get what staff members* do in mechanics. Well first time I write this but what about this political correctiness. I'll write a novel about Nato occupations. It is not a wargaming forum and such but old people shouldn't be illitarite.

*Edit: Staff member in game not SI personel I mean. Not to be lost in translation. ;) Regards.

Edited by baris28

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, paddypower said:

Even when an issue is reported the staff want their hands held and ask for an exact save file every single time. You can't do your job and replicate the issue based on the description? Can't or won't is the question...

In response to this,

There is an actual reason that SI staff ask for the specific save game file for internal testing when an issue is raised. Even if it's an issue that's easy to replicate based on a description as you mention, it's often important to check that the problem occurred in the person's save game file for the same reason to know if the problem has been correctly identified. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

There's also the risk of making significant changes after a game has been released that we 'break the match engine' for some. Tactics that work say on the initial games release become less effective etc. We stand by the current ME as the best and most balanced we've released, but are also confident it's in such a place that we can build on it further for the next version of FM. Doing so will take a fair amount of time, but the development team are already well underway in doing so.

sure its great, but iw/if attacking players rarely cut in with the ball, they very rarely try to dribble their way into the in box, a player like Robben cant exist in the current match engine.

they make goals and assist due their off ball movement because they get into decent positions to score centers, receive through balls from other players  but when it comes to the IF/IW players to create the chances themselves by winning an 1v1 and dribbling their way into the box, its so rare for that to happen that it feels like a entire style of attacking football is gone in the current match engine.

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

The new Bug Tracker setup has allowed us to respond quicker and more comprehensively to issues raised on the forums, hence why we immediately ask for saves where possible. This allows us to be more efficient internally and gives QA more time to flag an issue and still investigate and work on others. Each bug which is fixed then needs to be verified internally that its successful before it can be released into live code.

Simply put we have to concentrate on making not only the current FM a success but every FM we release a success. If we don't, we'd cease to function as a studio - we need to release games in order to keep the studio going and keep the resources we already have. Finding talented developers is extremely hard (we've got loads of jobs on our careers page on the sigames website) and only by creating and selling FM are we in a position to hire and keep us moving forward. 

Appreciate there's frustrations when the game isn't perfect in your eyes, but we strive to make every release or update the best version of FM we can. 

the bug tracker has a lot of bugreports about the dribbling issue and most of the post were ignored, stuck on testing or got as answer " this will be considered for fm23", getting maybe a fix for a current issue on more than 10 months in the future and behind a paywall ( having to buy the next game) is not a all an acceptable solution to the issue..

this feels like Microsoft releasing a new windows every year but only giving support for 5 months for, u want fixes? pay up

how bout u stop focusing on new flashy features and polish the issues that are being ignored for years?

Edited by kertiek

On 26/03/2022 at 15:59, Cle said:

I doubt you could resolve the problems Putin caused by editing a FM game. 

update after update our entire technical team still doesn't appear in the choices of responsibilities.

The errors are said by us community, the updates are made by you..

It seems that they don't hear us when we say the problems that exist! With fm 21 it was the same thing, fm 22 again.

Every year that passes my desire to play is level 0. Can you do the update and before launching it check if it is well done? Thanks