*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

9 dakika önce, Pasonen said:

Its true game still needs more battling and mistakes, but try starting game unemployed and set some league full detail and watch in games in full. There's missed passed and Interceptions but highlight system rarely shows them. It's remarkable how much more realistic football FM22 looks like in full match than FM21 example.

Apart from if/iw is better in fm21, what do you think are the positive aspects of fm22 over fm21 in terms of match engine? I'm undecided on which version to start a new career until the winter update, so I wanted to get your opinion.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

Apart from if/iw is better in fm21, what do you think are the positive aspects of fm22 over fm21 in terms of match engine? I'm undecided on which version to start a new career until the winter update, so I wanted to get your opinion.

FM21 has the superior M.E without question. The variety of play and selection of tactical styles are clearly more demonstrated on the M.E than on fm22 where a lot of tactics play the same way. Passing is better, players individual traits are reflected better on fm21 and of course the variety of goals is on a totally different stratosphere compared to fm22 where after a  dozen of games, you can predict how a match or pattern of play will either lead to a goal or not.

But if SI can release an a Winter ME update which fixes and upgrades these well known and well reported issues, then it has the potential to be the best but it's hugely let down by major flaws which ruin the immersion at this time being.

Stick with fm21 if they don't release an ME fix until March, but wait and get fm22 if they come out and fix the issues which many users like myself are aggrieved with.

the game is in a sad state.
on defalut tactic screen it shows players stats: goals and assists per minute. why? cause noone gives a thing
on the screen with the top50 wonders you have one empty tab... is it possible that no one cares about details?

widget during the match shows stats for home and another for away team. so you have to switch it if you only want your own... why can't you make it for your team and for oppo team? 
ignoring such details you just making controversial (from tactical view) game uncomfortable to play. just why? i don't understand it..

am i supposed to be uncomfortable playing this game?

1 of the things that drives me play long saves is getting a new ground and getting it developed to the max.

10th season in on my Villa save, move into the new ground. End of the season planning permission denied.

11th season, planning permission denied.

12th season planning permission denied.

13th season planning permission denied even tho attendance records broken, unbeaten throughout the season, won everything & over £500 mil in the bank.

Just makes me not want to play it.

41 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Its true game still needs more battling and mistakes, but try starting game unemployed and set some league full detail and watch in games in full. There's missed passed and Interceptions but highlight system rarely shows them. It's remarkable how much more realistic football FM22 looks like in full match than FM21 example.

I watch all games on full and disagree with you. Of course there are improvement in current ME there's no doubt but for me it doesn't look like football match. My guess is that passing streaks are at least around 20 passes on average probably even more. In fm21 I'd say they are around 10-15 while in real life they're less then 5 on average. Because of that as Metal said it feels like all teams play the same. Without changing how mentality works (passing and possession) and improvements in defensive part I'm afraid we won't see what we want soon.

More adventures in transfer fun: Hey, I'd like to sign your player on loan.  I know he's a valuable squad player for you, but here he'll be a fringe player.  And we'd like to pay no fee and none of his wages.  And you can't recall him.  Seem fair? 

And a player who agreed to an asking price of £105m in the previous transfer window approaches to ask for a transfer.  Again, I tell him I'm fine with selling him as long as the bid is acceptable, and his opening suggestion is £20.5m.  He's not approaching the end of his contract or anything.  He's just decided to lop £85m of the previous price.  Meanwhile, there's a steady drumbeat of stories linking him with a move to Hertha Berlin for £94m.  And a week later I sell him for £105m.  Wot.

8 minutes ago, Mitja said:

My guess is that passing streaks are at least around 20 passes on average probably even more. In fm21 I'd say they are around 10-15

I find that hard to believe, but If I give it a thought it propably feels that way because in FM21 teams are so hyper actively seeking ball up at the field that they lose it more often. Ball is constantly runned deep and lost over byline or sideline, played long and lost, dribbled and lost or the worst get intercepted and cleared. Sadly I feel we will not going to see radically different footballing experience at highest level compared to lowest level because it would need own ME for both of these. ME for professional players and ME for semi-pro's, Its just monumental task.

1 hour ago, akinozcan said:

FM22 has better lateral movement of players defensively, realistic movement off the ball, more realistic use of the football field meaning game is not so arcade like (patience with the ball), better level of pressing loose balls and more realistic player pressing, player animations are smoother and the game can genuinely surprise you how situations can happen in multiple ways. Personally I just could not go back to FM21 from FM22  just because it lacks the different layers of football, fm21 is just much more repetitive than FM22. Anyway its up to your eyes what kind of play pleases you more so cant really tell will you see the game same way :)

Why is the match engine in the finals broken? I have to make a save before every final, because 1 of 5 finals, I will lose at first try, as exemple, I had a final with Celta Vigo while coaching R.Madrid, I was at home. I had 20 shots on target, they had one, and they still beat me 1-0. Not to mention in one game my team hited the crossbar 7 seven times, wtf is this?

Edited by prime301

3 hours ago, prime301 said:

Why is the match engine in the finals broken? I have to make a save before every final, because 1 of 5 finals, I will lose at first try, as exemple, I had a final with Celta Vigo while coaching R.Madrid, I was at home. I had 20 shots on target, they had one, and they still beat me 1-0. Not to mention in one game my team hited the crossbar 7 seven times, wtf is this?

Yes, you have to edit FirstTime Finalwins from =0 to =1 in the MatchEngine.ini file

3 hours ago, prime301 said:

Cuz there in non dribbling in the ME and IF/IW never cut inside or beat their defender, always pass back to the full back.

They killed the most beautiful thing in the game, the dribbles of your creative players. 

Edited by GOODNAME

Swings in form are too all encompassing.  I get that key players and even the whole team can have a rough outing or half, but this years game there is a point every season where every single player on your team will be awful for 5 or so matches. It effects the entire team, out of nowhere and there is little you can do to stop it. If you are a mid table team prepare for losses, top teams prepare for 0-0 draws. Way too predictable as well you can look at the schedule before the season and pick the stretch where you can just go on holiday.

4 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

Cuz there in non dribbling in the ME and IF/IW never cut inside or beat their defender, always pass back to the full back.

They killed the most beautiful thing in the game, the dribbles of your creative players. 

Change your tactics then . My players dribble a lot and go on runs through the middle before passing off or having a shot on goal.  I downloaded a tactic and it works very well . A lot of you guys only play on extended or key highlights then complain that things don't happen when they actually do

Edited by prot651

Can someone from SI answer me if it is normal in today's football to have so many aerial duels? every match defenders with an average of 10 to 15 aerial duels. FM 22 looks like a remastered version of FM16. Crosses and more crosses without meaning

8 hours ago, prot651 said:

A lot of you guys only play on extended or key highlights then complain that things don't happen when they actually do

I agree with that. The full match shows a much deeper picture of the whole than even the extended shortcuts. There are moves that often do not appear in the highlights at all. But should it be so? This may also indicate a far from ideal balance. Besides, hardly anyone has enough time to watch such matches and therefore cannot fully enjoy the game.

As for inverted wingers - cutting to the center of the pitch occurs, but still too rare. Certainly it works better with the appropriate Player Trait.

Edited by henry80

Great challenge "through" a player cutting inside and scoring. In this match player attributes got very big difference but still game lacks this kind of challenges and yes players should also lose ball after this kind of challenge. I'll upload .pkm too if you want or can use it to make these happen more often. Sorry for the bad quality I'm no great multimedia guy :D 

Edit. Now its better.

90:46 Dribble in

ME22.3.0.0 90.46 beautiful challenge and dribble through players 5-hole.pkm

Edited by Pasonen

A couple of minor annoyances :

GK are very slow to react after they've made a save and parried the ball 2 yards to the side. I've had a few goals conceded because they're still lying on the floor a few seconds later while a striker is putting the ball in the net

Defenders are way too calm playing the ball back to the GK inside the 6 yd box after a shot/goalmouth scramble. It doesn't lead to anything generally, it just looks weird

6 minutes ago, Britrock said:

Defenders are way too calm playing the ball back to the GK inside the 6 yd box after a shot/goalmouth scramble. It doesn't lead to anything generally, it just looks weird

Seeing this quite a lot - heart-attack inducing play!  Often follows a pass back into the 6 yard box from out wide just to make it even worse.  Seems to be a new thing in FM22's ME.  Weirdly it hasn't cost me a goal yet over many seasons.

11 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

Can someone from SI answer me if it is normal in today's football to have so many aerial duels? every match defenders with an average of 10 to 15 aerial duels. FM 22 looks like a remastered version of FM16. Crosses and more crosses without meaning

Absolutely not. Of course it depends on the league but for example in Bundesliga there is no single defender with average of more than 7 aerial duels per game. 

Em 07/01/2022 em 21:24, FrazT disse:

Neil Brock's post in here on 18/12 specifically said that there wouldn't be nay more updates till the Transfer window update- see below

On 18/12/2021 at 04:24, Leon_fogo said:

Anything is possible, pre-Christmas patch has been constantly released in recent issues.

I bring up another question, have you seen many expulsions in the first half of the game? I think this could also be revised. In real life with the VAR there were more penalties as well as expulsions, but the referees try not to let this happen so as not to harm a team so much. Another factor that always occurred in FM was that your team made the 3 substitutions and a player got injured right away.

There won't be any further updates before next year - we released two pre-Christmas updates earlier this month. 

We are in 2022 I believe it is a good time for the update to happen.

The game is very good, but there are issues that are visible that could improve and Sigames knows that.

Many times over the last few years there have been updates after the so called final update, and even though I didn't specify any changes in the ME they were fixed, anyone who plays FM like me who's been playing since '99 (Championship Manager) knows that.

I believe that only refinements in this edition will make the game perfect! I'm really enjoying this edition, but like many here on the forum, we see problems that are being massively exposed here and our expectation is that Sigames adjusts.

2 hours ago, Leon_fogo said:

I believe it is a good time for the update to happen.

It doesn't make any sense to update now since there will be one late February/early March (after the transfer window)

12 minutes ago, DarJ said:

It doesn't make any sense to update now since there will be one late February/early March (after the transfer window)

database updates are not the same that a gameplay update .. why a possible fix to the iw/if problem should be tied to a winter database update that usually arrives mid February?

15 dakika önce, kertiek said:

database updates are not the same that a gameplay update .. why a possible fix to the iw/if problem should be tied to a winter database update that usually arrives mid February?

It would be nice to hear from an SI official about the "possibility" of a match engine patch till the winter transfer update. Just as the statement we heard "no updates until new year" on December 18th, I think we deserve to hear "no match engine patches until winter transfer update" or "we are working on a match engine patch but we can't disclose potential update days."

48 minutes ago, kertiek said:

The easiest fix to your IW/IF problem is to create space inside for him to cut into.

4 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

The easiest fix to your IW/IF problem is to create space inside for him to cut into.

well, better someone at si games stop the fix for  iw/if players not cutting in when they have the ball, since the solution is "FiX YoUR TaCtiCs! ... then everyone else that has reported this problem must be wrong.

For the IW/IF discussion, there are an issue there where they don't cut in enough, as has been confirmed by SI. However, it is possible to mitigate somewhat tactically.

I've posted a few goals in here where I've gotten it done nicely. So I'd say that if you NEVER (or very rarely) see them cutting inside, you might have a tactical issue on top of the bug making it worse.

1 hour ago, kertiek said:

to kill 2 birds with one stone. Imagine them releasing a gameplay update now that breaks something else they would have to fix that and everyone will be expecting it to come with the database fix so if it's a big job they will either have to push back the database update or release and everyone will be disappointed because they didn't fix whatever needed fixing so it's just better for them and everyone if they did it at once 

20 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

The major issue that is a pattern, every year

We get uncompleted product (ME)

Why only at March we getting decent ME? i swear i never can get it, I'm not saying the SI are lazy, they doing a fantastic job but i really don't get it why to release year after year a game with ME bugs

It will be something like 20 year since the 2d match engine was introduced. Never has it been "completed". 

There's been versions that have come close but every year there is something up with it.

Every year is the same. Bug after bug and silly ME until the March patch somewhat fixes it. Why would you expect it to be different this time?

I've been only checking the demo and some players feedback over the internet and the overall impression of FM22 is pretty dire to be honest.

I don't think they will make it better than 21. There's far too many issues to fix: regen's attributes, falsely advertised dynamic YR, long shots, headers, wing play, passing accuracy and overall poor representation of attributes in the graphic engine, without even mentioning the multiple ui bugs..

Now, I know how complex it is to balance this game for realistic statistics output but nevertheless from the player perspective the game experience has been regressing over the years. Perhaps you should reconsider your strategy to game development. Like focusing on what you have and make the game mechanic work as it should, for casual gamers and for us more hardcore players who watch the games and micromanage the tiniest details.

Now most veteran players look for ways to make the game quicker, to delegate everything to the assistant because media and player relations are a chore and too many. Again, i know it's hard but give us a great core game once again!

Edited by afailed10
typo

On 08/01/2022 at 22:28, teej9 said:

Swings in form are too all encompassing.  I get that key players and even the whole team can have a rough outing or half, but this years game there is a point every season where every single player on your team will be awful for 5 or so matches. It effects the entire team, out of nowhere and there is little you can do to stop it. If you are a mid table team prepare for losses, top teams prepare for 0-0 draws. Way too predictable as well you can look at the schedule before the season and pick the stretch where you can just go on holiday.

Do you really believe SI would produce a game whereby a specific point in every season is deliberately designed for you not to win? Please see logic.

This sort of situation is where I struggle with this game.

I've come into this match in good form. We're unbeaten in the League so far, have one of the best defensive records going (7 conceded in 10 games) yet at half time this has happened...

We're getting absolutely battered. 3-0 down, defence torn to shreds, Everton can't stop creating chances and we can't create anything. I'm not saying this can't happen but where is the useable feedback? All I've had is my assistant manager recommending we mark their striker. Outside of that there is absolutely nothing of any use to me until half time. Not a great experience.

image.png

Edited by KingCanary

18 hours ago, XaW said:

For the IW/IF discussion, there are an issue there where they don't cut in enough, as has been confirmed by SI. However, it is possible to mitigate somewhat tactically.

I've posted a few goals in here where I've gotten it done nicely. So I'd say that if you NEVER (or very rarely) see them cutting inside, you might have a tactical issue on top of the bug making it worse.

People just wanna complain, as you can see very few are interested in solutions. Some even get cranky when you say tadtics matter in a tactical football game simulator, its gotten pretty ridiculous and to the point where you recognize a handful of the same users complain about the same stuff over and over, refusing to listen to advice and then post "fm keeps cheating because I lose" threads.

Probably best to just ignore those users, but when they try to skew SIs focus away from the important stuff and over to the "I cant make my IF run through 2 DMs and a CB, fix the game engine" its hard for me to just keep quiet.

19 hours ago, kertiek said:

well, better someone at si games stop the fix for  iw/if players not cutting in when they have the ball, since the solution is "FiX YoUR TaCtiCs! ... then everyone else that has reported this problem must be wrong.

If people claim you cant get your wide players to cut inside on a more regular basis by creating space for them to cut into then yes, they are horribly wrong.

What you're arguing is something else though, whether or not the game is working optimally or as intended by SI. That I dont know, I dont work in SI. But I do know you can get your wide players to cut inside by creating space for them to cut into. Dont use AF strikers and AM(A) or SS's, they block said space for wide players and also draw opponents into the space where you want your wide men to attack. Use a DLF (S) or similar. 

Now its entirely up to you whether to try this advice or not, if you prefer to just complain and hope they make the game easier and less logical, then that's your perogative. Just dont get upset when people explain to you how to make your players act the way you want them to and that the things you're struggling with do have a solution.

25 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

If people claim you cant get your wide players to cut inside on a more regular basis by creating space for them to cut into then yes, they are horribly wrong.

What you're arguing is something else though, whether or not the game is working optimally or as intended by SI. That I dont know, I dont work in SI. But I do know you can get your wide players to cut inside by creating space for them to cut into. Dont use AF strikers and AM(A) or SS's, they block said space for wide players and also draw opponents into the space where you want your wide men to attack. Use a DLF (S) or similar. 

Now its entirely up to you whether to try this advice or not, if you prefer to just complain and hope they make the game easier and less logical, then that's your perogative. Just dont get upset when people explain to you how to make your players act the way you want them to and that the things you're struggling with do have a solution.

if i have to modify the whole airplane for it to fly straight .. i wont bother using temporary fixes, rather wait for a complete solution for the problem from the devs, as it should be.

39 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

People just wanna complain, as you can see very few are interested in solutions. Some even get cranky when you say tadtics matter in a tactical football game simulator, its gotten pretty ridiculous and to the point where you recognize a handful of the same users complain about the same stuff over and over, refusing to listen to advice and then post "fm keeps cheating because I lose" threads.

Probably best to just ignore those users, but when they try to skew SIs focus away from the important stuff and over to the "I cant make my IF run through 2 DMs and a CB, fix the game engine" its hard for me to just keep quiet.

i agree with your advice, best luck in your future endeavours, i wont be reading you again.

2 minutes ago, kertiek said:

if i have to modify the whole airplane for it to fly straight .. i wont bother using temporary fixes, rather wait for a complete solution for the problem from the devs, as it should be.

What? Yes you have to modify your tactics if you want them to work properly. If you feel that sitting on your hands and just waiting is a better solution, then go ahead,that s none of my business.

But as the game stands today, the easiest way to get wide men to cut inside is to create space for them to cut into.

1 minute ago, kertiek said:

i agree with your advice, best luck in your future endeavours, i wont be reading you again.

So to get this straight, you arent interested in solutions, you just wanna complain? Because I seriously doubt you had time to play a match trying out what I just adviced 10 minutes ago.

Apologies for all the posts today but I've had a chance to play and have some stuff to comment on...

1) Are strikers in top teams a bit OTT? I've Haaland is a cheat code at this point but right now in the Premier League there are three strikers on 15+ goals with 12 games played. 

2) Why oh why does at least one of my central defenders insist on going forward for attacking throw-ins? We've never used long throws, they aren't set up to be there in the instructions and as soon as the thrown in is taken short he retreats back to his position as if surprised we've not gone long. It creates issues defensively if we turn the ball over and causes me great anxiety, especially in my last match where I was beating the league leaders 1-0 and suddenly notice he's in the penalty box with less than a minute left despite the team being set to defensive. 

3 hours ago, joemez1193 said:

Do you really believe SI would produce a game whereby a specific point in every season is deliberately designed for you not to win? Please see logic.

I didn't mean it like that. I meant some variety in form swings would be cool. Of course they wouldn't code users losing, the game does not distinguish between AI and users. Don't jump to conclusions. 

1 hour ago, kertiek said:

rather wait for a complete solution for the problem from the devs, as it should be.

You may be setting up yourself for a huge disappointment because that is the nature of the game. They could fix that specific issue and open up something else entirely.

My advice to you would be rather than finding happiness in things that are out of your hands you should try and find happiness in things you can control. I have the most fun playing FM 20 that was really bad and everyone shared that sentiment so focus on things you can control and ignore those you can't, you've already bought the game and can't get a refund

3 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

I'd also like the promise system to be a bi-directional thing.  When I fulfill a request for a new contract, that guy should owe me something. Maybe it's committing to not try to leave before a certain time period has elapsed

I agree with everything you said especially this 

3 hours ago, KingCanary said:

This sort of situation is where I struggle with this game.

I've come into this match in good form. We're unbeaten in the League so far, have one of the best defensive records going (7 conceded in 10 games) yet at half time this has happened...

We're getting absolutely battered. 3-0 down, defence torn to shreds, Everton can't stop creating chances and we can't create anything. I'm not saying this can't happen but where is the useable feedback? All I've had is my assistant manager recommending we mark their striker. Outside of that there is absolutely nothing of any use to me until half time. Not a great experience.

image.png

I have similar problems. There is no feedback as to why form swings happen. Team will be rolling along playing nicely and then suddenly nothing works. Which is fine, if there was any feedback as to why. I am guessing watching full matches is the way, but not really what i want to do.