*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

16 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Game is for 1080; not native 4K or higher resolution.

Yeah I think that can be told from the pasted screenshot already, but the question is why? It's sort of a 2000 or at least 2010 thing to have user interfaces that do not scale with the resolution.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Häynted said:

Yeah I think that can be told from the pasted screenshot already, but the question is why? It's sort of a 2000 or at least 2010 thing to have user interfaces that do not scale with the resolution.

No idea, but you can make a request for feature version.

10 hours ago, Häynted said:

Why doesn't the team selection window scale any larger, when using 4K or bigger resolutions?

Somewhat ridiculous that you still need to scroll sideways to see all the information you want to see, just because the UI is stubborn and stuck with the stamp sized screens and resolutions. 

image.png

Is that playing full screen?  I play on a 4K monitor and use windowed and don't get huge amounts of dead space, but that's on a 3840 x 2160 resolution.  Yours looks like it may be an ultra-wide, which probably is never going to scale well width-wise; should be able to fill more spce vertically and horizontally while maintaining proportion, though.  Have you tried windowed?

FM22.png.6b86918432a970b9778ca32a84b0fb8e.png

Edited by rp1966

Tedious friendlies. Currently my Lyon side's playing a preseason friendly. We're 0-14 up at half time, and it has taken ages to plough through to the break. Zzzzzzzzzz....

Update: 16 minutes later, it's all over. Swapped the entire team at half time, ended up 0-25

Edited by du Garbandier

10 minutes ago, bahmet said:

Transfer news: FIFA announces radical new loan plans that will limit clubs to six loan exits per season

Should I expect these rules in the winter update?

Is it possible to do this in a game editor?

From that article it says that countries have till July 2025 to implement this, so it is unlikely to be included in FM 22 

FIFA has said national associations must bring their regulations in line within three years - so by July 1, 2025 at the latest.

17 минут назад, FrazT сказал:

Из этой статьи говорится, что страны должны реализовать это до июля 2025 года, поэтому вряд ли это будет включено в FM 22. 

ФИФА заявила, что национальные ассоциации должны привести свои правила в соответствие в течение трех лет, то есть не позднее 1 июля 2025 года.

So make sure that from 2025 the rule works.

16 minutes ago, bahmet said:

So make sure that from 2025 the rule works.

I would think that this kind of rule wont be implemented in bits and perhaps not until all the associations have it in place, so it may not be till 2025, but I am sure that SI will keep your demand in mind.

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

I would think that this kind of rule wont be implemented in bits and perhaps not until all the associations have it in place, so it may not be till 2025, but I am sure that SI will keep your demand in mind.

Also this bit seems to have been ignored:

FIFA's new loan rules to be given final approval at next council meeting

They haven't been approved yet, and so until they're voted through, they don't apply.

6 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

Injured GK during a match! One of the most rare thing to see. :)

Screenshot_2.png.f0e3a18a872ad9180e55b2edb7438d5c.png

Presumably not injured and instantly requiring a substitution (red injury) ... but even an orange injury is a rare event for a goalkeeper.

Anyone else finding this verson to just be a pass it around the back sim? In my game, in the Superliga there were 20 players all over 96% pass completion. They were all defenders and 17 of the 20 also appear on the most passes attempted list.  For a reference IRL there are 10 players in the EPL with a pass accuracy over 90% this season. It makes every match so boring watching teams just tap it between CDs. No amount of pressing or telling my CDs to take risks, pass it long, do anything but that, can change it.  

Edited by teej9

On 20/01/2022 at 07:46, zindrinho said:

Aha, I think I see the confusion here. I'm not talking about computer controlled players, the AI cant play FM if their future depended on it :D
I'm talking about your own team, if you had a decently paced IF on attack,  coupled with a lone DLF(S) or similar striker role YOUR IF will be your top scorer every season, scoring 40-50 goals every year. It has been like this at least since FM15, and is probably one of the reasons why the game has been waaay too easy.

Not completely related, but I'd think Messi was more of a IW than IF back in his prime, he didn't just hang on the shoulder of a fullback or run into the space he had left behind, Messi went straight into 2 DMs and a CB no problem at all :) 

I will eat my shoe if anyone can show this player performance with any non meme tactic. 

Further feedback after playing for 309 hours on one club from the depths of the National League North with Curzon Ashton. Currently in year February 2035. Nothing simulated , no holidays , no save scumming , none of that " unpure " game actions.

A couple of issues I have encountered so far to add to my previous feed back.

* Been in the premier league for 4 seasons now - board still rejects any request for an under 23 team.  We are a club that is classified as "rich" so I do not know what the issue seems to be. This is the first time that I have encountered this problem in recent years/versions of FM.

* Players skills/physicals attributes do not decline as much as they should. Majority of the nations have half of the starting the starting eleven with players over the age of 33+.  I understand some national teams like Italy historically have always had older players on the international scene. But the issue with this game is every top player lasts in game as long as Ronaldo and Messi does, and they are generational talents , and even they have declined specially physically at their age of 34 and 36 respectfully. This seems unbalanced as a majority of players should have already retired or at least retired from the international scene. It also prevents younger players to get a realistic number of caps due to national teams that keep playing older players until they get 120-150 caps like its nothing special. None of the teams that I had posted a picture of had any " wonderkids" in their national team , youngest players are already aged 22-24.

I feel this affects the immersion for long term saves in my opinion.

* A massive lack of regens having the ability good enough to be set piece takers , I have noticed while scrambling for new gens to replace my 'real players" set piece takers again there seems to be an attribute lacking in most of the regens. Don't get me wrong you'll find some everynow and then with 12-14 corners but its so rare compared to the start of the game with the real players this attribute was much more well spread out.

* Quality of regens of defenders seems to be lacking compared to the quality of the regens of attacking players this deep in the game.

* Scoring went nuts when I got into the premier league , none of the players in the ai teams scored more than 30 goals per game in the league, I get into the league  and midway through the season , players in the league were already on 20+ goals for the past few seasons now.

Would love these balancing issues to be patched somehow.

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (14).png

Edited by jlboybeamer

@jlboybeamerTo be fair, you have just shown 2 players with very high natural fitness attributes, which means that their physical attributes would decay at a slower rate than other players. Also, without seeing the rest of the national team players (you've only showed the oldest players), it's difficult to see what the average age of the team is. Given both France and England have some exceptional young players who are in the national teams at present, it's not surprising that, baring any major injuries and them having high natural fitness levels, that they would remain within the national team for much longer.

30 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

@jlboybeamerTo be fair, you have just shown 2 players with very high natural fitness attributes, which means that their physical attributes would decay at a slower rate than other players. Also, without seeing the rest of the national team players (you've only showed the oldest players), it's difficult to see what the average age of the team is. Given both France and England have some exceptional young players who are in the national teams at present, it's not surprising that, baring any major injuries and them having high natural fitness levels, that they would remain within the national team for much longer.

You know what you have just said is absolute nonsense and another excuse, which clearly is an unrealistic part of the game which should be improved upon. Please enlighten me and do link me national teams that have that many old players over the age of 32.

Yeah but trent arnold isn't exactly a cristiano ronaldo physically is he now? is he really a generational talent? for him to be still playing at the age of 36 with those stats. There are too many players lasting too long in the game and way too long in the international scene.I have given you two screenshots you don't need to look at the rest of the ages of those two national teams to figure out something is off look at those ages but since you can't seem to take the "feedback" seriously ive attached the screenshots of full teams, most of those guys should have been retired from the international scene at the very least. You're missing the point and as usual all we get are arrogant replies on these threads from mods like yourself without giving the issues mentioned a proper seeing to. Let me remind you it is not my job to futher dig into these issues and give you full details otherwise I would be working for Sports interactive.

I have attached current national team pools in real life please further justify your logic for why the game is in that state.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 09-42-58 England national football team - Wikipedia.png

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 09-43-52 Italy national football team - Wikipedia.png

Screenshot (16).png

Screenshot (19).png

13 hours ago, teej9 said:

Anyone else finding this verson to just be a pass it around the back sim? In my game, in the Superliga there were 20 players all over 96% pass completion. They were all defenders and 17 of the 20 also appear on the most passes attempted list.  For a reference IRL there are 10 players in the EPL with a pass accuracy over 90% this season. It makes every match so boring watching teams just tap it between CDs. No amount of pressing or telling my CDs to take risks, pass it long, do anything but that, can change it.  

In fm21 engine it was too easy to break the lines and come into opposition third with just a few passes or dribbling. I agree this problem doesn't look good right now it went into the other extreme.

6 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

You know what you have just said is absolute nonsense and another excuse, which clearly is an unrealistic part of the game which should be improved upon. Please enlighten me and do link me national teams that have that many old players over the age of 32.

Yeah but trent arnold isn't exactly a cristiano ronaldo physically is he now? is he really a generational talent? for him to be still playing at the age of 36 with those stats. There are too many players lasting too long in the game and way too long in the international scene.I have given you two screenshots you don't need to look at the rest of the ages of those two national teams to figure out something is off look at those ages but since you can't seem to take the "feedback" seriously ive attached the screenshots of full teams, most of those guys should have been retired from the international scene at the very least. You're missing the point and as usual all we get are arrogant replies on these threads from mods like yourself without giving the issues mentioned a proper seeing to. Let me remind you it is not my job to futher dig into these issues and give you full details otherwise I would be working for Sports interactive.

To be fair, you are using two relatively young national teams in real life as an example for how the game should be. It's a very small sample size, and it also feels like cherry-picking. You need to show more examples if you want your point to be taken seriously.

It is still quite rare to find national teams who have a very small number of players over the age of 30. Look at Portugal's squad. Aside from Ronaldo, their last squad had three outfield players aged 35+: Moutinho, Fonte and Pepe (who is 39 next month and still playing international football). Is Pepe a "generational talent"?

Granted, the latest Portugal squad also had about five players under the age of 23, so you may have a point there. Perhaps this is a knock-on effect of Natural Fitness playing a more important role in player deterioration. If the fitter older players are declining much more slowly, they're probably keeping out the up-and-coming players. Or maybe there's an issue with teenagers not developing quickly enough, as some other users has suggested. Maybe it's both.

I haven't got FM22 yet, and I'll admit some of the feedback around national teams being too old would stop me from committing to a long-term save. This has been an issue in FM before. Player development was especially slow on FM11, and it was very difficult for any player to break into a top national team before they'd turned 22.

But on the other side of the coin, you've got FM21, where players could break through much younger but then drop off a cliff as soon as they turned 33. SI have got some difficult balancing act in terms of making sure that players generally don't develop, peak, or decline too quickly/too slowly - all while ensuring that progress isn't linear across the board, and that there's still room for very young superstars like Wayne Rooney as well as late-bloomers like Jamie Vardy.

This is why feedback and bug reports from users are not just appreciated, but needed - even after full release. SI's testing team probably isn't that huge, and they probably won't find as many bugs as thousands of regular FMers do. It may not be your job to report bugs, but it would help SI a great deal if more people bothered to.

7 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

You're missing the point and as usual all we get are arrogant replies on these threads from mods like yourself without giving the issues mentioned a proper seeing to. Let me remind you it is not my job to futher dig into these issues and give you full details otherwise I would be working for Sports interactive.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post, but I'd like to inform you that we mods aren't employees of SI either. We are doing this on a volunteer basis, and we don't have any info in regards to what the status is for bugs or fixes. Jordan gave you a possible answer as to what could be the reason in your specific case, and I don't think he was arrogant or dismissive. If you think you have found an issue with the game, then please report this in the bug tracker. It doesn't take much more work than the post you just did here, other than perhaps uploading the save to SI's cloud server. And while that is not mandatory in any way, it helps if you have found something others have not, and is the most likely way it will be resolved.

This thread is not a place to report what you think are bugs, it's a place for general feedback on how you like various features of the game. No one likes bugs, so they go in the bug tracker.

How long does a player hold a grudge over not beeing played in a role he was promised? I have Boubacar Kamara , he was promised playing as a BWM but I changed my tactic and he is played mostly as a defender or DM role. He wants to leave the club and it's almost 1 year passed and he still wants to leave because of that. The discontent is beeing valued as "minor" according to his happines tab. His morale is green(very good to superb), he has still 3 years on his deal and our joint agreed price is on the high end (77 milion). Nobody offers not even close to that so he has no problem with me rejecting offers. So obviously he is not totall unhappy but does this grufge over role can disapear or he will stay sulking forever?

12 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

I have attached current national team pools in real life please further justify your logic for why the game is in that state.

Firstly, just take a deep breath. I wasn't accusing you of anything, or insulting you, just highlighting something, and if you could discuss this without quite so much venom, that'd be appreciated.

Secondly, there are a significant number of national teams that are mostly made of older players. As you can see from the research carried out here, at the 2018 World Cup, the French and English teams were amongst the youngest at the competition. Meanwhile, 21 of the 32 teams at that World Cup had an average player age of 27 or older. This is because international managers tend, particularly for competitions, to prefer the proven experience of older players, compared to the internationally less-tested younger players and wonderkids, who are more likely to be played in international friendlies instead.

It therefore seems reasonable to assume that, barring any major drops in ability or fitness of the current, younger crop of English/French/German international players, that these same players would be playing for the national team for the forseeable future, at the very least until any players who are currently, say, 15-18, demonstrate such significant ability that they supplant one of the experienced hands, or replace them as the older players retire. This would be reinforced by the fact that, in the 2010 World Cup, England had the 2nd oldest squad, at an average age of 28.4 years.

Essentially, these things tend to be fairly cyclical. 

5 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Stuff like this makes it very difficult to resist rage quitting. 

I'm drawing 1-1 away with Man City. I'm happy with the point so I move from my standard tactic to try and see the game out. It's the 94th minute, my mentality is defensive, my defensive line is set to 'deeper.' So why oh why does this happen?

Stage 1- they have a goal kick. My defender are all near the halfway line but they are engaging their strikers I guess so fine. 

1559405754_Defensiveline1.png.58af6883c9126ebf1836647a90b51950.png

Man City play it short and they have a player carry it basically unchallenged into midfield- fair enough, I've dropped my line of engagement too to prevent huge gaps. However my defenders have barely dropped and despite asking them to hold a deep defensive line they are leaving a gaping 30 yard hole in behind them. My entire team is all within about 20 yards of each other.

1860517252_Defensiveline2.png.60912a49184fecb9cf4cd09fe22409c7.png

So the inevitable happens, Man City play the ball into the giant chasm in behind my defence and grab a late winner.

505792535_Defensiveline3.png.0ba75b115040153057c8caf8ca260da1.png

I don't mind losing, it happens. But it is incredibly frustrating to have adjusted your tactics to avoid this exact situation only for my entire team to apparently ignore it. This isn't a situation where we got caught on the counter- the team was able to be properly set up when their keeper had the ball but apparently the instructions I've given them don't matter. So frustrating.

Ah but if you're not getting FMed you're not playing FM. I totally get and have shared that frustration - but there is simply nothing you can do when the ME triggers one of these random 'footballing moments' that try and approximate the randomness of a match IRL. The worst thing is that it hopefully doesn't impact momentum and morale for subsequent matches, as that is the real kick in the junk if one of those moments leads to knocking you out of the title chase or puts you in relegation trouble. Hopefully you bounced back the next match!

Whether it's the 90+ min goal or the 2 or 3 goals in 4 or 5 mins, nothing you do with your tactic will prevent them, apart from maxing time wasting maybe for the 90+ stuff. And no I don't think the ME is Skynet and is out to get us humans, you can see the same things in the scorelines in AI v AI matches.

On 24/01/2022 at 16:54, CFuller said:

To be fair, you are using two relatively young national teams in real life as an example for how the game should be. It's a very small sample size, and it also feels like cherry-picking. You need to show more examples if you want your point to be taken seriously.

It is still quite rare to find national teams who have a very small number of players over the age of 30. Look at Portugal's squad. Aside from Ronaldo, their last squad had three outfield players aged 35+: Moutinho, Fonte and Pepe (who is 39 next month and still playing international football). Is Pepe a "generational talent"?

Granted, the latest Portugal squad also had about five players under the age of 23, so you may have a point there. Perhaps this is a knock-on effect of Natural Fitness playing a more important role in player deterioration. If the fitter older players are declining much more slowly, they're probably keeping out the up-and-coming players. Or maybe there's an issue with teenagers not developing quickly enough, as some other users has suggested. Maybe it's both.

I haven't got FM22 yet, and I'll admit some of the feedback around national teams being too old would stop me from committing to a long-term save. This has been an issue in FM before. Player development was especially slow on FM11, and it was very difficult for any player to break into a top national team before they'd turned 22.

But on the other side of the coin, you've got FM21, where players could break through much younger but then drop off a cliff as soon as they turned 33. SI have got some difficult balancing act in terms of making sure that players generally don't develop, peak, or decline too quickly/too slowly - all while ensuring that progress isn't linear across the board, and that there's still room for very young superstars like Wayne Rooney as well as late-bloomers like Jamie Vardy.

This is why feedback and bug reports from users are not just appreciated, but needed - even after full release. SI's testing team probably isn't that huge, and they probably won't find as many bugs as thousands of regular FMers do. It may not be your job to report bugs, but it would help SI a great deal if more people bothered to.

Nah mate I used two fairly normal aged teams in real life , I used the teams to show what state they are in-game compared to real life squads and the  varying ages that squads use in their national team. You however cherry picked a notoriously old playing national side in Portugal, remember Luis Figo, Deco,Maniche etc. I perhaps will need to make a separate thread for this if people need more evidence. Unlike you , I want players in the game to have realistic caps on average as I play . therefore the international teams for me is quite important. Young players aren't coming through the national teams as they should , like you have already mentioned this is probably tied up to player development somewhat. But I also believe that players aren't retiring from the international scene as early as they should.

I am not not picking here at all , you just have to look through the ages to see something is off.

I have digged in further and looked at the other national teams in game.

National national team of the USA in game - They have 16 players over the age of 30 and 7 players under the age of 30 ( 2 are already 29 years old ) = they have 2 players over the age of 30 in real life.

National national team of the USA in game - 12 players in national team over the age of 30 = they have 3 over the age of 30 in real life.

National Team Of the Netherlands just makes my point facts just look at those ages. You're really telling me that only 1 player under the age of 28 good enough for the national team? 21 players over the age of 28..... = in real life 9 in the current national team.

Sweden - 17 players over the age of 30 and 6 players under the age of 30

Portugal the team  you used as an example - 9 players over the age of 30 in game - 6 in real life. But they have 0 players under the age of 25 in game and in real life they have 9 players under the age of 25.

Seems to me by looking at the evidence that the game severely lacks players between the ages of 18-25 in most national teams. I do not know if this is player development issue or the a.i isn't recognizing up and coming players. But its clearly an issue. Or doesn't international caps mean anything for players in game ? value , ambition , reputation ? For this issue to be just shrugged off.

Screenshot (29).png

Screenshot (27).png

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (20).png

Screenshot (31).png

Edited by jlboybeamer

Club vision still not working properly after several years in the game as a feature. The board expected a top half finish, which I exceeded by getting into the Europe League:

image.thumb.png.2f8629f1edef87f6c1e99c4ed79603f8.png

So I failed to grow the club's reputation yet hovering over the icon reveals that the board is pleased that the club's reputation is growing strongly?

To make matters worse, this objective was actually planned for the end of next season

So I'm being both judged incorrectly and too early?

Edited by rdbayly

Really hope they nerf Haaland. I often play with PL-teams. And City often buys him, then he scores 50-60 goals in the league each season. I just cant buy it, that he is one of the greatest strikers of all time. In game hes on like 20 in pace and strenght and finishing. I also think Moukoko, Bellingham and Sancho are OP, so it has to be the Dortmund-researcher…

I grant that he is a very good striker but this is just insane…well luckily i can edit him in editor.

22 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Stuff like this makes it very difficult to resist rage quitting. 

I'm drawing 1-1 away with Man City. I'm happy with the point so I move from my standard tactic to try and see the game out. It's the 94th minute, my mentality is defensive, my defensive line is set to 'deeper.' So why oh why does this happen?

Stage 1- they have a goal kick. My defender are all near the halfway line but they are engaging their strikers I guess so fine. 

1559405754_Defensiveline1.png.58af6883c9126ebf1836647a90b51950.png

Man City play it short and they have a player carry it basically unchallenged into midfield- fair enough, I've dropped my line of engagement too to prevent huge gaps. However my defenders have barely dropped and despite asking them to hold a deep defensive line they are leaving a gaping 30 yard hole in behind them. My entire team is all within about 20 yards of each other.

1860517252_Defensiveline2.png.60912a49184fecb9cf4cd09fe22409c7.png

So the inevitable happens, Man City play the ball into the giant chasm in behind my defence and grab a late winner.

505792535_Defensiveline3.png.0ba75b115040153057c8caf8ca260da1.png

I don't mind losing, it happens. But it is incredibly frustrating to have adjusted your tactics to avoid this exact situation only for my entire team to apparently ignore it. This isn't a situation where we got caught on the counter- the team was able to be properly set up when their keeper had the ball but apparently the instructions I've given them don't matter. So frustrating.

I would say you cant expect your players to always be following your instructions perfectly, especially against a team like Man City. How many times do you hear managers say that the players didnt do what the manager asked them to do ? It happens often. In general I think players attempt to follow instructions quite well in FM22, but the keyword is attempt. I'm not saying the game is without faults, just that in my experience this is something I would expect to happen sometimes, especially against top teams.

Press conferences need a revamp in some of the questions... It doesn't make sense AT ALL having to answer questions about what are my thoughts in regards to certain player being transfer listed of answering how other clubs from my domestic league will cope in certain competitions, that's completely nonsense!!!

2 hours ago, Platinum said:

I would say you cant expect your players to always be following your instructions perfectly, especially against a team like Man City. How many times do you hear managers say that the players didnt do what the manager asked them to do ? It happens often. In general I think players attempt to follow instructions quite well in FM22, but the keyword is attempt. I'm not saying the game is without faults, just that in my experience this is something I would expect to happen sometimes, especially against top teams.

I find that a bit easier to rationalise when we're talking individual errors- like a player failing to track someone I've asked him to man mark or a defender recklessly charging out to make a tackle even when I'm asking them to press less and to stay on their feet. In this case it is my whole defence as a unit ignoring the instruction to sit deeper which is more difficult to accept, especially as IRL in these situations you usually see managers getting annoyed at their players sitting too deep rather than too high!

6 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

Nah mate I used two fairly normal aged teams in real life , I used the teams to show what state they are in-game compared to real life squads and the  varying ages that squads use in their national team. You however cherry picked a notoriously old playing national side in Portugal, remember Luis Figo, Deco,Maniche etc. I perhaps will need to make a separate thread for this if people need more evidence. Unlike you , I want players in the game to have realistic caps on average as I play . therefore the international teams for me is quite important. Young players aren't coming through the national teams as they should , like you have already mentioned this is probably tied up to player development somewhat. But I also believe that players aren't retiring from the international scene as early as they should.

I am not not picking here at all , you just have to look through the ages to see something is off.

I have digged in further and looked at the other national teams in game.

National national team of the USA in game - They have 16 players over the age of 30 and 7 players under the age of 30 ( 2 are already 29 years old ) = they have 2 players over the age of 30 in real life.

National national team of the USA in game - 12 players in national team over the age of 30 = they have 3 over the age of 30 in real life.

National Team Of the Netherlands just makes my point facts just look at those ages. You're really telling me that only 1 player under the age of 28 good enough for the national team? 21 players over the age of 28..... = in real life 9 in the current national team.

Sweden - 17 players over the age of 30 and 6 players under the age of 30

Portugal the team  you used as an example - 9 players over the age of 30 in game - 6 in real life. But they have 0 players under the age of 25 in game and in real life they have 9 players under the age of 25.

Seems to me by looking at the evidence that the game severely lacks players between the ages of 18-25 in most national teams. I do not know if this is player development issue or the a.i isn't recognizing up and coming players. But its clearly an issue. Or doesn't international caps mean anything for players in game ? value , ambition , reputation ? For this issue to be just shrugged off.

Screenshot (29).png

Screenshot (27).png

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (20).png

Screenshot (31).png

It's a pretty long list of shrugged off issues as we all know, but this is worth raising as a bug in the appropriate thread IMHO. At least get it logged and you've done your bit.

I wonder if it is a problem with balancing reputation? It is given too much weight vs actually being any good. The US ok maybe lacking options, but Portugal should be chock full of mid 20s wonderkids, they wouldn't lack options at all for replacing those 33yr olds.

30 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

It's a pretty long list of shrugged off issues as we all know, but this is worth raising as a bug in the appropriate thread IMHO. At least get it logged and you've done your bit.

I wonder if it is a problem with balancing reputation? It is given too much weight vs actually being any good. The US ok maybe lacking options, but Portugal should be chock full of mid 20s wonderkids, they wouldn't lack options at all for replacing those 33yr olds.

Think it is combination of things. But right now might be that older players just dont lose stat so fast and stays better most of the time than 20-25 year old. + add that international  teams have needed a bit work for ages.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb jlboybeamer:

Seems to me by looking at the evidence that the game severely lacks players between the ages of 18-25 in most national teams.

I can confirm this. There are several things which need to be taken into account why this is happening:

1. Since the last update, newgen-intake is different = lower CA because it's distributed better to lower leagues but for the average CA it's bad

2. Reputation of young players increases too slowly

3. Older players remaining too strong, especially their physical stats

4. Lower injuries-rate is contra-productive as teams need to rotate less often, so younger players do not get enough playing-time which again has a negative impact on their CA and reputation

The good news:

SI gave us a mighty tool called "pre-game-editor":brock:

Not worth a thread on its own but the little things like Testimonials are so neat. Had Harry Kanes one and was pleasantly surprised to find myself having Eriksen, Bale, Defoe, Lamela and Kyle Walker in the squad. Really nice touch that makes me want to keep all players for that long now!

4 hours ago, saihtam said:

Think it is combination of things. But right now might be that older players just dont lose stat so fast and stays better most of the time than 20-25 year old. + add that international  teams have needed a bit work for ages.

Feels like a classic pendulum swing issue. In recent versions people (correctly) pointed out that once a player crossed the age of 30 they seemed to lose all their physical abilities rendering them pretty useless.

On this version we seem to have swung too far the other way with top players barely deteriorating as they age.

On 24/01/2022 at 22:42, KingCanary said:

I thought defensive line was limited to how high your defence pushed up in support of attacks and has nothing to do with how deep they drop when defending? At least that was my understanding on previous versions of FM from reading comments on the tactics forum. I think defensive behaviour is mostly automated in regards to what line they will hold?

7 hours ago, Cal585 said:

I thought defensive line was limited to how high your defence pushed up in support of attacks and has nothing to do with how deep they drop when defending? At least that was my understanding on previous versions of FM from reading comments on the tactics forum. I think defensive behaviour is mostly automated in regards to what line they will hold?

The defensive line option specifically under the 'out of possession' tab on the instructions screen so I think it may have changed since previous versions. 

14 часов назад, Daveincid сказал:

The good news:

not really :D 

14 часов назад, Daveincid сказал:

tool called "pre-game-editor"

But these issues of newgens and other cannot be fixed in PGE?

Edited by Novem9

1 hour ago, fc.cadoni said:

- Can we separate "Praise" button from "Berate" button; not being so close?

Lesson learned and burned.

Thank you!

Should come up horizontal rather than vertical. Save a lot of accidental clicking. Made that suggestion when the shouts became a thing.

8 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

There are. They've changed to wording to "Hes refused to celebrate against his former club, nice touch" or something along them lines.

Ok, haven't noticed that so far. Just caught myself expecting the old "he's come back to bite the hand that used to feed him!", and then there's nothing.

On 25/01/2022 at 22:11, KingCanary said:

Feels like a classic pendulum swing issue. In recent versions people (correctly) pointed out that once a player crossed the age of 30 they seemed to lose all their physical abilities rendering them pretty useless.

On this version we seem to have swung too far the other way with top players barely deteriorating as they age.

If that is the case I am glad. As you mentioned in the previous versions the players did deteriorate fast with age. I did not have the opportunity to test this in this version, but I am glad if they changed this. In the reallity many players did have their fitness ability long after 30 years of age.