*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

Just now, bahmet said:

Accuracy of CD passes 94% +. This is normal?

Hide contents

image.png.d8ef6cfe6816f997edb57926ea367ce3.png

This has been widely reported to SI. Passing accuracy percentages are obscenely high. Watching matches it just seems as if pressing isn't as effective as it could be - players are either super composed on the ball or actual engagement with the opposition hits a buffer. I play in 3rd tier in England and my CB's with passing of 5/6 are hitting 95% passing success for the season.

Hopefully rectified for the next iteration.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this!

Have only played  a handful of games and IFs and IWs are much improved.

Now able to take off PIs, and seeing both cutting in and only going out wide when there isnt the option or space to go inside.

Also my Wingbacks hug the line better, whereas pre-patch even with stay wider they wouldnt hug the lines. It makes me feel I can position players wider whilst not having to wide on team width.

Also have noticed that my possession has gone up against lesser team in games Id normally walk but not dominate in terms of possession. I know some have said the CD issue still exists but these stats against Burnley Id have never had pre-patch and 0 tackles won for me suggests pressing is effective if you set up pressing groups via PIs and Oi, and heavily hits sides who sit back in terms of both possession and pass completion.

image.png.7e5f1615bdf675b4af5a09e41e466608.png

Counter attacks seem snappier too with better movement and passing decisions when breaking.

My AMC is also more effective with the better movement each side of him to play passes into, this also creates space for the central striker with much more forward passing against congested defences as my own forwards and wide players arent congesting into a tiny easy to defend area.

For me this is the best the ME has been for a couple of years, and great to see things that have been suggested on here showing obvious improvement.

Edited by dunk105

vor 2 Minuten schrieb dannyfc:

FFS how is this still not rectified??

Clearly I'm in the minority here but it feels like such a gamebreaking issue to me.

Being able to retain possession is such a fundamental skill differential between teams and leagues, everything starts from how well you can progress the ball from the back so if EVERY player and EVERY team can achieve this then a large part of the tactical and squad building is just completely redundant. You just cannot properly simulate football with statistics like this - it doesn't replicate the real game whatsoever. Anyone that regularly watches games in real life can attest to this. 

I can't believe FM 22 can be released with this, and 4 months on still not be addressed. Particularly when more realistic passing accuracy was a headline feature in the gameplay trailer! 

Love the series and still clearly going to buy future versions, but I'm so disappointed by this. 

THIS: Particularly when more realistic passing accuracy was a headline feature in the gameplay trailer! no excuse...

3 hours ago, Kingstontom88 said:

This has been widely reported to SI. Passing accuracy percentages are obscenely high. Watching matches it just seems as if pressing isn't as effective as it could be - players are either super composed on the ball or actual engagement with the opposition hits a buffer. I play in 3rd tier in England and my CB's with passing of 5/6 are hitting 95% passing success for the season.

Hopefully rectified for the next iteration.

Regardless of intensity frontline pressing, lower league CBs should not be hitting 90% pass completion. It's why so many opt for going direct as finding the space to progress and execute a short pass is genuinely difficult. Why opt to hit the channels if you can effortlessly progress from back to front without any obstacles? Without players with the necessary attributes? Why pay more for a composed playmaker if you're ball winning clogger has the same level of technique? 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb dannyfc:

Regardless of intensity frontline pressing, lower league CBs should not be hitting 90% pass completion. It's why so many opt for going direct as finding the space to progress and execute a short pass is genuinely difficult. Why opt to hit the channels if you can effortlessly progress from back to front without any obstacles? Without players with the necessary attributes? Why pay more for a composed playmaker if you're ball winning clogger has the same level of technique? 

and that's one of the reasons why you can put players in odd positions or play with weird formations and still steamroll through the leagues... so many things don't interact as they should...

36 минут назад, dannyfc сказал:

FFS, как это до сих пор не исправлено ??

Said in FM23 will fix))

4 минуты назад, Delvi сказал:

Стоит ли ждать версию 22.4 или дальше игра и БД обновляться не будут?

В марте.

Edited by bahmet

33 minutes ago, dannyfc said:

28 minutes ago, balldoktor81 said:

and that's one of the reasons why you can put players in odd positions or play with weird formations and still steamroll through the leagues... so many things don't interact as they should...

Yes, This is really turning me off from the game. I figured something like this would have been addressed during beta considering data hub was a main feature...

Not to mention the "inaccuracies"

I finished one season and I didn't feel any change in ME. Passing accuracy remains unrealistic, IF/IW have completely limited movements in terms of dribbling and making decision, CBs leaving the natural position in several situations and opening space on the defensive line and excessively high number of crosses and aerial duels. Quite disappointed because I loved the new updates and will have to go back to FM21 to be able to watch anything close to a realistic football match

8 hours ago, Metal said:

Yes I've definitely noticed increased velocity especially with players like Ronaldo they finish with power and speed more often, first  time shot finishes too. Something definitely been ramped up with the finishing because I'm seeing different type of fininishes from different angles and goals where in previous patch I would know whatever player wasn't going to finish that chance.

Is it only players with high strength attributes who shoot with power like this or is it other players too?

21 minutes ago, markv1 said:

Can anyone tell me if they've made some noticeable changes to the M.E?

- Do strikers still carrying the ball away from goal instead of running towards goal?

- Do IF/IW actually cut in now?

Yep and yep 

2 hours ago, dannyfc said:

FFS how is this still not rectified??

Clearly I'm in the minority here but it feels like such a gamebreaking issue to me.

Being able to retain possession is such a fundamental skill differential between teams and leagues, everything starts from how well you can progress the ball from the back so if EVERY player and EVERY team can achieve this then a large part of the tactical and squad building is just completely redundant. You just cannot properly simulate football with statistics like this - it doesn't replicate the real game whatsoever. Anyone that regularly watches games in real life can attest to this. 

I can't believe FM 22 can be released with this, and 4 months on still not be addressed. Particularly when more realistic passing accuracy was a headline feature in the gameplay trailer! 

Love the series and still clearly going to buy future versions, but I'm so disappointed by this. 

Many centre backs and defenders in general have some of the highest pass completion statistics in the league.

And its not just the defenders from the top clubs like Liverpool and Man City, the top 40 players in the Premier League for pass completion statistics include defenders from Brentford, Norwich, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, etc

This is probably because defenders have more time on the ball and more space than any other position, making pressing against them very difficult.

see:

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_pass?se=418

Liverpool played Norwich recently and despite Liverpool being probably the best pressing team in world football, even the Norwich defenders (Championship level) could pass their way out of it a surprising number of times.

3 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

Is there a mistake in the answer? IF/IW now cutting inside but strikers carrying the ball away from the goal, I understand right? No sarcasm, just asking

Both run toward goal now. So strikers run at goal & IF's/IW's cut in :thup:

36 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Many centre backs and defenders in general have some of the highest pass completion statistics in the league.

And its not just the defenders from the top clubs like Liverpool and Man City, the top 40 players in the Premier League for pass completion statistics include defenders from Brentford, Norwich, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, etc

This is probably because defenders have more time on the ball and more space than any other position, making pressing against them very difficult.

see:

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_pass?se=418

Liverpool played Norwich recently and despite Liverpool being probably the best pressing team in world football, even the Norwich defenders (Championship level) could pass their way out of it a surprising number of times.

But what's the percentage of those passes? It's not 95% on average.

Cancelo who leads that list is only completing passes at a 86% rate

Virgil van Dijk, a CB is at a 89%

Center Backs in my lower league save are completing passes on a 95% rate on average. This is almost a gamebreaking issue as it simplifies tactics even more than they are now since you can easily gengepress your way to wins. 

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

But what's the percentage of those passes? It's not 95% on average.

Cancelo who leads that list is only completing passes at a 86% rate

Virgil van Dijk, a CB is at a 89%

Center Backs in my lower league save are completing passes on a 95% rate on average. This is almost a gamebreaking issue as it simplifies tactics even more than they are now since you can easily gengepress your way to wins. 

You're quibbling over a few percentage points.

FM is a video-game, not a documentary.

10 minutes ago, 2feet said:

You're quibbling over a few percentage points.

FM is a video-game, not a documentary.

1. It matters when it effects the match engine.

2. A major feature was based on statistics.

3. Its a video game buts its not FIFA, its a simulation.

4. 95% on average vs the actual averages in reality isn't a few percentage...

I do not know If this is the proper venue to give feedback to the developer team of Football Manager, but I would like to suggest an improvement in the online career mode:

My issue: it is almost impossible to play with my friends. We have different timetables in our job and in our personal life. The functionality of the game make that it is almost mandatory, for all the players, to be online at the same time. 

My suggestion is that all the updates (in the replies of the trades, in the internal communication with the staff, with the owners, etc) will be showed when you pass to the next day. This functionality would solve the problem, because allow the players to play whenever they want and all of them would play in the same league with the rithm they want.

Please consider my suggestion for the next updates or, at least for the new releases.

Just now, Kircho said:

I do not know If this is the proper venue to give feedback to the developer team of Football Manager, but I would like to suggest an improvement in the online career mode:

My issue: it is almost impossible to play with my friends. We have different timetables in our job and in our personal life. The functionality of the game make that it is almost mandatory, for all the players, to be online at the same time. 

My suggestion is that all the updates (in the replies of the trades, in the internal communication with the staff, with the owners, etc) will be showed when you pass to the next day. This functionality would solve the problem, because allow the players to play whenever they want and all of them would play in the same league with the rithm they want.

Please consider my suggestion for the next updates or, at least for the new releases.

Feature requests can be added here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/353-football-manager-feature-requests-pcmac/

That is the best place for it to be looked at.

8 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

"Fixed" is down to individual interpretation. Best way is to judge yourself watching in extended high;lights as minimum or longer

Fair enough. Both issues in last ME made me go back straight away to FM21... Haven't been back since and i'm still waiting for a decent ME in 22.3 or 22.4

9 minutes ago, markv1 said:

Fair enough. Both issues in last ME made me go back straight away to FM21... Haven't been back since and i'm still waiting for a decent ME in 22.3 or 22.4

Give it a try & see what you think. I think there's been a notable improvement 

28 minutes ago, markv1 said:

v22.3.0 is what has been delivered in this current build

In my FM experience its unlikely to get any significant ME build changes in the xx.4.0 build other than potentially key bug fixes brought in by the xx.3.0 build

In my humble view the ME is now one of the best ME builds with the exception of the pass completion elevated % statistics which will likely require a new FM version to adjust. There will of course always be improvements to be highlighted and resolved.

SI are victims of possibly their own success in that standards have risen and so expectation has risen, that's a good thing because FM evolves to continued higher standards each time but our expectations also rise.

Clear, concise and exampled bug reports will be the way to improve FM from a user perspective. Improvement suggestions also will help

1 hour ago, MrPompey said:

v22.3.0 is what has been delivered in this current build

In my FM experience its unlikely to get any significant ME build changes in the xx.4.0 build other than potentially key bug fixes brought in by the xx.3.0 build

In my humble view the ME is now one of the best ME builds with the exception of the pass completion elevated % statistics which will likely require a new FM version to adjust. There will of course always be improvements to be highlighted and resolved.

SI are victims of possibly their own success in that standards have risen and so expectation has risen, that's a good thing because FM evolves to continued higher standards each time but our expectations also rise.

Clear, concise and exampled bug reports will be the way to improve FM from a user perspective. Improvement suggestions also will help

Appreciate the detail. I'll give it a try and see how it goes

7 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

I finished one season and I didn't feel any change in ME. Passing accuracy remains unrealistic, IF/IW have completely limited movements in terms of dribbling and making decision, CBs leaving the natural position in several situations and opening space on the defensive line and excessively high number of crosses and aerial duels. Quite disappointed because I loved the new updates and will have to go back to FM21 to be able to watch anything close to a realistic football match

You'd rather go back to FM21 where almost each game has 40+ corners combined and every 4th highlight is a full back's cross being blocked into a corner? Honestly this is the best place the the ME has been in quite a while, and some of your complaints have been addressed or are similarly bad in FM21. 

Is it perfect? No, definitely not. One of the major problem I see is the passing completion rate and even that is partially a display thing. It doesn't feel like the pass completion ratio that FM registers is same as in the way it's recorded on websites like whoscored and you can tell when you watch the full match. Of course it's not all a display bug and it does seem like defenders do sometimes pass it back and forth in the back for no reason which inflates their pass completion ratio.

Top 10 pass completion rates in Premier League this season (August 21 - Feb 22).

Lots of defenders in there.

Who would have thought Lewis Dunk, big old Central Defender for Brighton (near bottom of the league) would have a better pass completion ratio than Declan Rice the young technical midfielder for West Ham (near top of the table)?

36FADD3E-678D-4A6A-9024-A668482313DF.png

Edited by 2feet

Loving the new M.E. It's now perfectly balanced even though not too much has changed, but you can see over a period of games noticeable touches of improvement with player decision making and finishing ability which is what I wanted as the game is less predictable and robotic. I think tweaking the wingers/ifs so they do their job has helped balance the offensive side of the game to be even better and as a result there is more variation in play. I've seen some top top goals that have shocked me.

20 minutes ago, TheBigBoss said:

Have they sorted out the inverted wingers that never cut in

I am sure that you have read the changelist and the comments in this thread but in case you missed it, this is from the changelist:

Match Engine 
- Tweaks to inside wingers/forwards and how often the cut inside with the ball when attacking

36 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Top 10 pass completion rates in Premier League this season (August 21 - Feb 22).

Lots of defenders in there.

Who would have thought Lewis Dunk, big old Central Defender for Brighton (near bottom of the league) would have a better pass completion ratio than Declan Rice the young technical midfielder for West Ham (near top of the table)?

36FADD3E-678D-4A6A-9024-A668482313DF.png

I don't think people understand what the pass completion number actually means.

Players that get really high numbers are players that don't play risky passes so defenders are most likely going to get high numbers because they play short passes and clearances don't count while playmakers have relatively lower numbers because they try more difficult passes and most of the won't come off but when they do they create really good chances for the team

10 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I don't think people understand what the pass completion number actually means.

Players that get really high numbers are players that don't play risky passes so defenders are most likely going to get high numbers because they play short passes and clearances don't count while playmakers have relatively lower numbers because they try more difficult passes and most of the won't come off but when they do they create really good chances for the team

And defenders who make lots of passes aren't completing them at a 95% rate. unlike in the game. Actually in FM the % doesn't drop much when you move closer to the attacking areas and away from defenders and into midfielders.

40 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Thats true actually, however pass completition is not very well represented in FM. If you look at some stats from englisch football leagues you will notice, that FM overall has an higher pass completition rate and isnt declining as much when looking into lower leagues.

Premier League

Spoiler

image.png.22242ffca1add6a9ce37c50ba826dc9e.png

Championship

Spoiler

image.png.0cccc32c24061b2f78014f0552f2b6b9.png

League One

Spoiler

image.png.32f5a381ed0afb841e4e98eb8ae4a976.png

League Two

Spoiler

image.png.e9313d0e10f71064b4195a2d0f42dca1.png