*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, kertiek said:

after 10+ matches on the new ME i have a few comments

did the ME improve in comparison with the last versions on IW/IF not cutting inside?

yes, they dont go wide as much but they still wont attempt to dribble 1v1s, they are more inclined to pass it back to midfield or attempt a through ball for teammates running in from the middle of the pitch

imagine starting a game with PSG ... expecting break defenses with dribbling with neymar, messi and mbappe and all u see is a through ball show with almost no dribble attempts, just ball progressions and passing with no agressive dribbling, feints or skillls at all.

this is not the solution i was hoping to get with the new match engine that would solve the "IF/IW" running wide.

center forwards do attempt to shoot at goal more and is better in comparison with the previous ME.

but the lack of dribbling and feints from most of attacking players ( wide or center) its frustrating to me, because i play mostly with a 4-1-2-2-1, like  barca 06 (ronaldinho-eto-guily) with the wide players running at defense and creating chances mostly by dribbling/feints, thats the soccer i want my team to play...the problem is not that they wont even attempt to dribble,  i dont care if they try toi ribble and lose the ball 15 times .. they just refuse to evem try to dribble and win a 1v1 against  a defender. and thats what i want them to do, dribble with the ball ... but am not able to replicate that style on fm22 yet

Do your players that you want to dribble more have the Dribbles More Often player instruction or trait? I ask as that has worked well for me

Edited by Platinum

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 dakika önce, Platinum said:

Theres an option in the Preferences, but Ive seen a few people say its no longer working in the new update

Doesn't load after new update, there was no problem before like you said.

4 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Do your players that you want to dribble more have the Dribbles More Often player instruction or trait? I ask as that has worked well for me

i always train the "run with ball more often" "cuts inside frorm both wings" "likes to beat opponent repeatedly" ...i have like 6000+ hrs summed up from fm19 until fm22 ... i am able to replicate the style of play i want in fm19 fm20 and fm21 .. but this does not happen in fm22

Unfortunately you cannot search for two characters, so 'AF' doesn't help and anything with advanced returns any manner of stuff, so...

Are AFs/advanced forwards less advanced in FM22? I can see get forward is removed and because I am year 1 with Brighton, while I have Maupay I don't have a track star with beat offside trap yet, so it's hard to tell if the role is as keen to play off the last defender as in FM21.

Just one other early thought, are cautious/balanced/positive less urgent in 22 vs 21? Early days yet and I have gone from 2041 powerhouse BHA to 2021 ya ok BHA, so I may need to start a new 21 save and to see.

7 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

Unfortunately you cannot search for two characters, so 'AF' doesn't help and anything with advanced returns any manner of stuff, so...

Are AFs/advanced forwards less advanced in FM22? I can see get forward is removed and because I am year 1 with Brighton, while I have Maupay I don't have a track star with beat offside trap yet, so it's hard to tell if the role is as keen to play off the last defender as in FM21.

Just one other early thought, are cautious/balanced/positive less urgent in 22 vs 21? Early days yet and I have gone from 2041 powerhouse BHA to 2021 ya ok BHA, so I may need to start a new 21 save and to see.

Yes, forwards play more in the 10 space, your observation is correct.

For Teammentality I would go attacking all the way. Cautious/Balanced/Positive is more a defense stance, as it focuses on ballretaining passes, that are already to core of FM22. So need to further emphazise on that.

3 minutes ago, b2khn said:

Yes, forwards play more in the 10 space, your observation is correct.

For Teammentality I would go attacking all the way. Cautious/Balanced/Positive is more a defense stance, as it focuses on ballretaining passes, that are already to core of FM22. So need to further emphazise on that.

Thanks for the confirmation on the AF. Yeah I used a Balanced base through most of FM21 and think off of that, so I may think about moving that baseline to Positive and build off that, still early days.

Since BHA's expectations are easy (avoid relegation, win a cup match or two) this is an laboratory season - good to see a heavy handed play down the side/overlap works as expected, although I think I may be in agreement with the person above that IW play seems a bit odd at times.

1 hour ago, Platinum said:

Just noticed the high occurrence of monobrows for newgens has been fixed I think. It works retroactively on newgens that already exist as well. Unless I'm imagining this?

The hair of the players that have fixed unibrows has also changed. Im glad its been solved though

2 hours ago, kertiek said:

i always train the "run with ball more often" "cuts inside frorm both wings" "likes to beat opponent repeatedly" ...i have like 6000+ hrs summed up from fm19 until fm22 ... i am able to replicate the style of play i want in fm19 fm20 and fm21 .. but this does not happen in fm22

Yeah same issue. I’ve had success but I’m not happy with how my inside forwards are playing. I’ve gone back to FM21 because even though it has issues, I find the inside forwards do what I’m asking of them on that version. 

I played up to season 2036 and I can count on one hand how often my inside forward has scored a goal after beating a man 1v1. On Fm21, new save into 2023, my inside forward has scored around 10–12 like that already. 

I'm experiencing much more lag at the 3D games, also a lot more lag when it rains. Does the weather got any influence on the fitness as previous tests in other editions didn't show any difference from 40C° and 1C°, so maybe i could set the rain on 0 so it gives less games with a lot of lag.

8 hours ago, Kingstontom88 said:

Anyone else seeing an unreal number of VAR offside calls for goal?

I'm seeing at least 2 a game at the moment. 

This is starting to get annoying and most of them are not even close. You can see with the naked eye from Data Analyst view (and I'm sure even more so with the others) that the player is clearly onside. It's like all they've done is swap the always offside of last year, for pretty much always onside this year.

Never had a big issue with FM 22, but this update feels like a huge step backwards

I'll elaborate. Keepers now just don't kick short at all. Crossing seems overpowered and none of the previous issues feel fixed. Oh and I've had two crash dumps after not having one since the BETA. Just feels like SI have taken a game that was fine and made it much, much worse? 

Edited by ajw10

1 hour ago, ajw10 said:

Never had a big issue with FM 22, but this update feels like a huge step backwards

I'll elaborate. Keepers now just don't kick short at all. Crossing seems overpowered and none of the previous issues feel fixed. Oh and I've had two crash dumps after not having one since the BETA. Just feels like SI have taken a game that was fine and made it much, much worse? 

Can't say I've had those issues, my keeper is playing it to my defence as ever, and crossing seems no more powerful than it was previous.

With the crash dumps, best to put in a support ticket over at https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/sections/4408532407313-Football-Manager-2022, as they'll be able to assist. First thing I'd check is clearing the preferences and cache folders, and if you're using a non-default skin, check to see if there's an update for it or go back to the default and see if the issues stop.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, rp1966 said:

Seems that nothing's been done to fix the switch to black kits bug after some substitutions - another three kit game here ...

EDIT:  Interestingly, if you go back into the game after it has finished to rewatch a goal all the kits are as they should be.  It only happens during the matchday when the substitution actually happens.

Yeah is a pretty rare issue we've really struggled to reproduce internally and dig out the root cause. Is on our list and we are aware, just not something easy to address. 

19 hours ago, kertiek said:

did the ME improve in comparison with the last versions on IW/IF not cutting inside?

yes, they dont go wide as much but they still wont attempt to dribble 1v1s, they are more inclined to pass it back to midfield or attempt a through ball for teammates running in from the middle of the pitch

imagine starting a game with PSG ... expecting break defenses with dribbling with neymar, messi and mbappe and all u see is a through ball show with almost no dribble attempts, just ball progressions and passing with no agressive dribbling, feints or skillls at all.

this is not the solution i was hoping to get with the new match engine that would solve the "IF/IW" running wide.

center forwards do attempt to shoot at goal more and is better in comparison with the previous ME.

but the lack of dribbling and feints from most of attacking players ( wide or center) its frustrating to me, because i play mostly with a 4-1-2-2-1, like  barca 06 ronaldinho-eto-guily or bayern robben-ribery-lewandowski with the wide players running at defense and creating chances mostly by dribbling/feints, thats the soccer i want my team to play...the problem is not that they wont even attempt to dribble,  i dont care if they try to dribble and lose the ball 15 times .. they just refuse to even try to dribble and win a 1v1 against  a defender. and thats what i want them to do, dribble with the ball ... but am not able to replicate that style on fm22 yet

This

The ME is really prefect for me but there is still huge lack of dribbling 

Unfortunately we will not get any more update for the ME in this year

20 hours ago, Kingstontom88 said:

Anyone else seeing an unreal number of VAR offside calls for goal?

I'm seeing at least 2 a game at the moment. 

Yes, the constant VAR checks are very anticlimactic. Would turn them off in a heartbeat, if there was an option.

19 hours ago, kertiek said:

but the lack of dribbling and feints from most of attacking players ( wide or center) its frustrating to me, because i play mostly with a 4-1-2-2-1, like  barca 06 ronaldinho-eto-guily or bayern robben-ribery-lewandowski with the wide players running at defense and creating chances mostly by dribbling/feints, thats the soccer i want my team to play...the problem is not that they wont even attempt to dribble,  i dont care if they try to dribble and lose the ball 15 times .. they just refuse to even try to dribble and win a 1v1 against  a defender. and thats what i want them to do, dribble with the ball ... but am not able to replicate that style on fm22 yet

Train your Inside Forwards with the Traits ‘Runs with ball often’ and ‘Tries tricks’

image.png.fda92b17acaaab40a7ec3259312093fd.pngimage.png.c6ad3d3c2fce432f591762fd3eb38e29.png

is he "good" enough to attempt to win a 1v1 dribbling and scoring? or u think going full seasons without dribbles is acceptable?

btw dribble stat means **** ingame, if u look at the post report most of the "dribbles" the game counts is the player just running/carrying the ball forward, not feints tricks. i want them to dribble a defender and shoot at goal, that does not happen.

25 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Train your Inside Forwards with the Traits ‘Runs with ball often’ and ‘Tries tricks’

20 hours ago, kertiek said:

Edited by kertiek

48 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

This

If you want more risk taking and flair dribbling from your Inside Forwards you do it using Traits.

Your players need good Bravery, Agility, Balance, Dribbling, Flair, Technique, Workrate, Stamina, Determination.

Use:

Likes to Beat Man Repeatedly

Tries to play way out of Trouble

Tries Tricks

Runs with the ball more often

1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

This

Im seeing a lot more dribbling.  Seems like it depends on your game

1 minute ago, 2feet said:

If you want more risk taking and flair dribbling from your Inside Forwards you do it using Traits.

Your players need good Bravery, Agility, Balance, Dribbling, Flair, Technique, Workrate, Stamina, Determination.

Use:

Likes to Beat Man Repeatedly

Tries to play way out of Trouble

Tries Tricks

Runs with the ball more often

can u share least 3 replays of ur inside forwards dribbling past a defender and scoring a goal  ?

1 hour ago, kertiek said:

image.png.fda92b17acaaab40a7ec3259312093fd.pngimage.png.c6ad3d3c2fce432f591762fd3eb38e29.png

is he "good" enough to attempt to win a 1v1 dribbling and scoring? or u think going full seasons without dribbles is acceptable?

btw dribble stat means **** ingame, if u look at the post report most of the "dribbles" the game counts is the player just running/carrying the ball forward, not feints tricks. i want them to dribble a defender and shoot at goal, that does not happen.

Im no expert but aren't there too many traits there?

Are some traits preventing others from happening?

Maybe someone who knows more can answer?

Also: his pace is only 14. Isn't that a bit slow for someone youre expecting to take on and go past multiple defenders who all probably have the same or higher pace?

He knows he doesnt have the pace to beat the man so his high Decisions score is preventing him trying?

Edited by 2feet

55 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Im no expert but aren't there too many traits there?

Are some traits preventing others from happening?

Maybe someone who knows more can answer?

Also: his pace is only 14. Isn't that a bit slow for someone youre expecting to take on and go past multiple defenders who all probably have the same or higher pace?

He knows he doesnt have the pace to beat the man so his high Decisions score is preventing him trying?

using the editor i copied all the attributes and traits of mbappe and tried both of my IFs on the AML and AMR ...

played 3 games and still no cutting inside and attempts of dribbling at defense, so .. whats your next suggestion?

image.png.064e0ae3a1ae2bd43a58301e9d2bcd8c.png

Edited by kertiek

4 minutes ago, kertiek said:

using the editor i copied all the attributes and traits of mbappe and tried both of my IFs on the AML and AMR ...

played 3 games and still no cutting inside and attempts of dribbling at defense, so .. whats your next suggestion?

image.png.064e0ae3a1ae2bd43a58301e9d2bcd8c.png

Buy an Inside Forward who has some decent pace?

1 minute ago, 2feet said:

Buy an Inside Forward who has some decent pace?

why should i keep investing time playing fm22 expecting Inside forwards cutting inside and dribbling if i already tested that even players with the same stats of mbappe wont do it?

24 minutes ago, kertiek said:

why should i keep investing time playing fm22 expecting Inside forwards cutting inside and dribbling if i already tested that even players with the same stats of mbappe wont do it?

He doesnt have the same stats as Mbappe.

Mbappe has 20 Pace, your player has 14 pace. That is killing your player.

You can see Pace is highlighted as a key attribute for the Inside Forward role.

There is a fundamental flaw running through your player due to low Pace that makes him unsuitsble for the Inside Forward role. The fact you dont want to accept this is only worsening your frustration.

Its unfortunate youve spent a lot of time developing his attributes and Traits but you need to give up your idea of what you wanted him to become.

My advice is move him to the AMF position where he will probably be amazing.

Then sell him and buy a world-class Inside Forward with high pace and other key attributes.

14 minutes ago, 2feet said:

He doesnt have the same stats as Mbappe.

Mbappe has 20 Pace, your player has 14 pace. That is killing your player.

You can see Pace is highlighted as a key attribute for the Inside Forward role.

There is a fundamental flaw running through your player due to low Pace that makes him unsuitsble for the Inside Forward role. The fact you dont want to accept this is only worsening your frustration.

Its unfortunate youve spent a lot of time developing his attributes and Traits but you need to give up your idea of what you wanted him to become.

My advice is move him to the AMF position where he will probably be amazing.

Then sell him and buy a world-class Inside Forward with high pace and other key attributes.

i did a test with a save where i imported the stats from mbappe to both of the insideforwards of that save, using the editor .. played 3 games and they never cut inside or attempt to dribble, thats why i posted ascreenshot with the mbappe stats

image.png.244e6ff2adb7f8982955f2f3a509ae5c.png

i understand what u are suggesting about pace, but if my IFs with the exact same stats and traits than mbappe cant dribble or try to go 1v1 at defenders, why should i keep wasting time trying to play in a style that does not happen in fm22?

in fm21 i bought mbappe in 2023 and played that save until 2046 .. won 20+ premier consecutive premier leagues and the wide attacking player did exactly what i expected to, cut inside and atempt to dribble 1v1 to create chances, this does not happen in fm22.

Edited by kertiek

6 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

Does this goal fit the style you talking about or not?

how many per season?

thats a long ball to space and a failed interception ... where is the if running at defense and doing a dribble or feint to get past the defender? because that play isnt it

Edited by kertiek

7 dakika önce, kertiek said:

how many per season?

I didn't claim it was a lot. I only wanted to know if I correctly understood the style of goal being mentioned. No sarcasm.

Now i saw your edit and I got your point. :thup:

Edited by akinozcan

Just now, fidelitywars said:

Tbf, nobody has been beaten on the dribble for that goal anyway, right? Looks more like the defender lunges in and is done for pace rather than beaten 1-on-1.

agreed thats what i put on my edit, its more like a failed interception than a dribble

4 dakika önce, CaptCanuck said:

Apologies for the off-topic, but what app are you using to record? I thought they got rid of the recording function (or it was still broke) in FM22? Thanks!

It's Macbook's app, QuickTime Player. You're welcome.

1 hour ago, kertiek said:

also am still wating for these

I have a few examples I've already posted here before. Putting them in a spoiler tag to avoid slowing down the page load, but just expand it to see a couple of IFs running inside and scoring.

Spoiler

xzvkt6i.gif

tB1pMmm.gif

I took a few examples since everyone said it was impossible. It wasn't impossible, but it happened to rarely. It seems to be better now, but I haven't used the role in my newest save yet, so I can't comment for sure either way yet. I do think that setting a player up as an IF in isolation is not really a good metric to see if the change works. The whole tactic needs to give the IF space and the correct passes for them to actually work. The lack can be both a player issue, but also a tactical one. I can't say for sure what your issue is, but seeing as most people who have tried it seems to think it's better now, do indicate that your setup might need some work to get the best out of your IFs.

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

Hide contents

xzvkt6i.gif

tB1pMmm.gif

in the first clip the player receives the ball with space to run into, dribbles no one and shoots ... 

the second clips he changes direction when receives the ball and runs cutting inside, this play is close to a dribble but still these are not the examples of an Inside forward winning a 1v1 against a defender and shooting 

am not saying these goals never happen in fm22, but they are rare, i have a save in year 2029 with arsenal playing the whole time with IFs in both wings .. i see the fullbacks (support) or the CMs (advanced playmarkers on attack) attempting more dribbles to get past a defender  than my IFs, thats my problem with the ME

2 minutes ago, kertiek said:

in the first clip the player receives the ball with space to run into, dribbles no one and shoots ... 

the second clips he changes direction when receives the ball and runs cutting inside, this play is close to a dribble but still these are not the examples of an Inside forward winning a 1v1 against a defender and shooting 

am not saying these goals never happen in fm22, but they are rare, i have a save in year 2029 with arsenal playing the whole time with IFs in both wings .. i see the fullbacks (support) or the CMs (advanced playmarkers on attack) attempting more dribbles to get past a defender  than my IFs, thats my problem with the ME

Yeah, the first clip was more an example of a IF cutting inside. The 2nd one is more of what you'd expect from a IF, and that happened on the release ME. So it happened, but it was too rarely then. As I said, I haven't experimented with the role after the fix, so I can't give my own view on it yet. Currently, my squad doesn't have good enough players to use IFs, but if/when I get there (youth challenge, so who knows what I get) I will see if I can get them rolling and bring up a few more goals as I try them out.

With a pathetic transfer budget given (£10m) after winning La Liga in Season 1 with Villareal, I didn't ask for more as I felt my squad was good enough. However, on deadline day I find a bargain at  £19m, so I asked the board for more transfer money. I have since had my first Champions League payout. Previously this immediately called a meeting with the board.

I have been waiting for the whole day for the board to get back to me.

It is totally inconceivable that the board would not get back to the  manager of a La Liga side, when this is deadline day. 

This shows this new 'feature' where the board no longer immediately respond to have been poorly implemented at the very least. 

26 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

You wont be able to achieve what you are looking for, as there is no animation for "actual dribbles & tricks". yet. However, anomations are getting better every year, so one time you might be lucky :D

thats not true, in the beta stage players did animations i even got to see an elastico, step over, rabonas and etc, but thats not the main problem... i dont care if the animations are not happening , if a players would attempt winning an 1v1 on 2d match view i  would rather play in that view than 3d, but this is not an animation problem, its the match engine that simply refuses to create situations were the attacking player dribbles past the defender and the defender is left behind to create a chance to shoot at goal, almost every play the defenders are glued to the attackers and just keep running by their side, the feints or dribbles never happen and they end up either passing back to midfield or trying a through ball for someone running in from the middle of the pitch.

54 minutes ago, kertiek said:

thats not true, in the beta stage players did animations i even got to see an elastico, step over, rabonas and etc, but thats not the main problem... i dont care if the animations are not happening , if a players would attempt winning an 1v1 on 2d match view i  would rather play in that view than 3d, but this is not an animation problem, its the match engine that simply refuses to create situations were the attacking player dribbles past the defender and the defender is left behind to create a chance to shoot at goal, almost every play the defenders are glued to the attackers and just keep running by their side, the feints or dribbles never happen and they end up either passing back to midfield or trying a through ball for someone running in from the middle of the pitch.

The robot dance pass back is definitely one of the behaviours that I am seeing repeated over and over in my weekend's worth of play. Jutter right, jutter left, 1/2 turn, back to the DM or CB. It almost looks more like what you'd see in an NBA game, where the player posts up, makes a few feints, and then kicks it back for a 3-pointer.

On 25/02/2022 at 10:37, bahmet said:

Accuracy of CD passes 94% +. This is normal?

Hide contents

image.png.d8ef6cfe6816f997edb57926ea367ce3.png

I recently had Unai Nunez (Bilbao) play 37 league games in a season and end with a 98.8% passing completion rate.

Make of that what you will. 

I do play a 4-1-2-3 with IFs on attack flanking and Pressing Forward on support.

There is way more dribbling, cutting inside, shooting, going towards goal.