*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, kepz said:

Can anyone help me make sense of this?

It is game date 2 June 2022, the transfer window is open, the player is listed for loan, and I only have two players on (expiring 30 June) loan deals.

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 12.18.18 PM.png

Have you had players on loan earlier in the season?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kepz said:

Can anyone help me make sense of this?

It is game date 2 June 2022, the transfer window is open, the player is listed for loan, and I only have two players on (expiring 30 June) loan deals.

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 12.18.18 PM.png

Have all the current 6 loans returned to their clubs?  Maybe the season change over date which is normally the 30th June will clear the loan history

2 hours ago, ajw10 said:

Oh how is that bug where the CB will pass the ball back to the keeper no matter what the circumstance STILL in the game? :D 

I had a brilliant one last night, where the attacker shot - keeper dived - ball hit the post and bounced to the defender - defender passes it to the keeper while he is still getting up - keeper hoofs it :lol:

Definitely an extra step in there.

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

Have all the current 6 loans returned to their clubs?  Maybe the season change over date which is normally the 30th June will clear the loan history

5 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Have you had players on loan earlier in the season?

Cheers, you were both right. Once the 30th rolled around, I was able to offer to loan him from Villa except they decided he needs to play with higher quality players than what we at Gateshead could offer :lol:

3 hours ago, _mxrky said:

Funniest thing about the winter update has to be SI thinking de bruyne is the second best player in the world. Do SI even watch football?

Not that De Bruyne isnt a great player, but no way is he second best in the world.

Lots of injuries have taken a toll and he’ll probably never get back to anything like his peak.

1 hour ago, fc.cadoni said:

And?

If you think de bruyne is the 2nd best player in the world you haven’t been watching football. Simple as. Hasn’t even been 2nd best player on his own team for the last two years.

2 minutes ago, _mxrky said:

If you think de bruyne is the 2nd best player in the world you haven’t been watching football. Simple as. Hasn’t even been 2nd best player on his own team for the last two years.

This is the issue with football fans in general.  Most of us can't differentiate facts from personal opinion and when somebody challenges our view the only response is a personal attack on the other side. 99 out of 100 person talking about soccer doesn't have a real clue about it in all aspect, but we are sure we are right.

In this example you think that it is an obsolete fact that De Bruyne is not even the 2nd best player on Man City, not to talk about the whole game. On what base are you stating this? Goals, assist, xg, xa, pass %, key passes/match? Or maybe movement contribution, pressing, distance covered? Leadership/psychological effect when he is on the field? What area of metrics you rank players? How do you compare across leagues, positions and roles?

CA is just a "number" of the attributes, context matters way more. Get over it and just accept the fact that I guess he has the 2nd highest number in the game, you can't change it. Or you actually can, with the editor that makes CA even visible and makes you upset about the game :) .

24 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

This is the issue with football fans in general.  Most of us can't differentiate facts from personal opinion and when somebody challenges our view the only response is a personal attack on the other side. 99 out of 100 person talking about soccer doesn't have a real clue about it in all aspect, but we are sure we are right.

In this example you think that it is an obsolete fact that De Bruyne is not even the 2nd best player on Man City, not to talk about the whole game. On what base are you stating this? Goals, assist, xg, xa, pass %, key passes/match? Or maybe movement contribution, pressing, distance covered? Leadership/psychological effect when he is on the field? What area of metrics you rank players? How do you compare across leagues, positions and roles?

CA is just a "number" of the attributes, context matters way more. Get over it and just accept the fact that I guess he has the 2nd highest number in the game, you can't change it. Or you actually can, with the editor that makes CA even visible and makes you upset about the game :) .

Based on watching majority of city’s matches and the general consensus among their own fans who most certainly don’t have him in their top 2 performers this or last season. 

Literally no one other than si thinks de bruyne is the 2nd best player itw. Not sports journalists, managers don’t, Man City fans don’t. 7 goals + 2 assists in the league for the 2nd best player in the world according to si. 

Doesn’t upset me, I don’t even have fm22, but there’s genuinely not a single justification for him being the 2nd player in the world. There’s not even a reasonable argument you can come up with

Edited by _mxrky

OK enough of this-ability is an opinion and opinions differ.  Any players ability and attributes are set by that team's researcher, checked by the nation's head researcher and verified by the SI staff, so there has to be some agreement there.  For @_mxrky:- yes, they all watch football- to suggest otherwise is just insulting 

Lets move on before this degenerates any further.

1 hour ago, marionk said:

Sorry because off topic, but may I ask what is the version of FM22 demo on steam, is it 22.3 or 22.2 ? 

The demo is usually updated shortly after the full game, so I think it would be updated now. You should be able to check it if you click the FM-button and select game status. If "Current version" starts with 22.3, then it's updated.

On 02/03/2022 at 15:53, Prej said:

Can't provide screenshots since I deleted my save after the update, but during seven years at Inter Milan, having won six championships, I was always getting  a straight "no" when asking for more sports scientists.

We had more than half a billion Euros in cash, I was a club icon, still the board wouldn't give me one guy more for my medical team.

I have this at the start of a game always, need to wait around 6 months, be seen to be exceeding board expectations

The game is pretty cool. I'm still playing a save I started earlier:

I see the inner wingers coming to the middle, I see more varied kicks (positioning of the players' supporting foot), I see more intelligent defenses of the defenders in relation to the forwards.

I still see a lot of balls on the beam, I see goalkeeper failures, something that in the beta was better, I'm missing VAR (referee going to the television to see the play), and I'm still disappointed with the players with greater technique not showing the dribbles and plays characteristics.

I believe that the game could focus on more varied plays such as passes, movement of midfielders and especially more goalkeeper defenses. I believe that more goals from dead balls should happen.

So, wait a sec. I know I may be in the minority playing MLS careers, but am I to understand that they're not updating the kits for the 2022 season? Every single one is from last year. There's no change to the Fire's ugly old logo/colors to the new, the Columbus kits are the dull whites from last season, Charlotte doesn't even have an official kit for home or away, LAFC's gorgeous home kit missing... all incredibly disappointing. 

3 hours ago, MrPompey said:

I have this at the start of a game always, need to wait around 6 months, be seen to be exceeding board expectations

Right now I have an "A-" rating after winning the first championship ever for my club. Still won't get another sport scientist, no matter what.

Every other request gets granted without hesitation.

1 hour ago, Prej said:

Right now I have an "A-" rating after winning the first championship ever for my club. Still won't get another sport scientist, no matter what.

When first starting in the past the board were always receptive to finding a senior affiliate. I assume there has been some changes here

I still can't get another coach at Arsenal.  Been about 18 months, overachieved board expectations in the first season, doubled the money in the bank, still absolutely refuse to consider it.

It's also very annoying that I request an upgrade to youth coaching, the board rejects me but is willing to hear out my reasons, and then instantly accepts no matter what I say because it's in line with club philosophies.  Why am I getting rejected then?  Shouldn't that just be accepted?

Just asked for new coaches again.  Told we have to live within our means.  I've literally doubled the bank balance.  We have £225 million in there.  The board gave me £50m for transfers, and I bought Haaland and *still* have £112m in the transfer budget and £400k surplus wages.  Really irritating to be told I've got to "live within my means" and that's why I can't have a second goalkeeping coach.

Edited by Sunstrikuuu

16 hours ago, Prej said:

Is this game breaking for you?

Maybe RNG has just gone a bit mad in my game, but if not then someone has let the Burnley researcher over-reach somewhat.

First season; winter update; no first transfer window:

image.png.765e9912bb29418bddb9d89ff707581d.png

image.png.1c92a299668b3b120c8105c51c8b21af.png

Also a bit odd is the situation at Man Utd.  They sacked Rangnick before Xmas and are still using a caretaker manager (Nick Cox) - waiting to see if a real manager comes in in the summer or whether the caretaker manager bug has hit.

Edited by rp1966

2 hours ago, rp1966 said:

Maybe RNG has just gone a bit mad in my game, but if not then someone has let the Burnley researcher over-reach somewhat.

First season; winter update; no first transfer window:

image.png.765e9912bb29418bddb9d89ff707581d.png

image.png.1c92a299668b3b120c8105c51c8b21af.png

Also a bit odd is the situation at Man Utd.  They sacked Rangnick before Xmas and are still using a caretaker manager (Nick Cox) - waiting to see if a real manager comes in in the summer or whether the caretaker manager bug has hit.

ManU won the league (of course they did) in my first season on FM22.3 and Ragnick left right after on his own. IIRC Valverde is the replacement.

Newcastle got relegated (oh yes!) and are onto their 3rd manager already: Howe, Koeman, and... I forgot the new guy actually. And ALL their good players want to leave, with some of them being transfer listed.

Edited by CaptCanuck

New patch, same bs. 10 games in to 2nd season with Brighton and I've failed to win 5 of those games. That in itself is fine because my team isn't amazing but my net xG over those 5 games is +7.01 (minimum was +. 32 in a defeat on pens to City in the league Cup) . Far too often the result is what I expect pre game but then my teams performance and match stats definitely don't match that outcome. 

Having said that I shouldn't really complain because my friend who I'm playing against is 8th in the XG table but 19th in the league 

Edited by Iakovenko

21 minutes ago, Iakovenko said:

New patch, same bs. 10 games in to 2nd season with Brighton and I've failed to win 5 of those games. That in itself is fine because my team isn't amazing but my net xG over those 5 games is +7.01 (minimum was +. 32 in a defeat on pens to City in the league Cup) . Far too often the result is what I expect pre game but then my teams performance and match stats definitely don't match that outcome. 

Having said that I shouldn't really complain because my friend who I'm playing against is 8th in the XG table but 19th in the league 

You are overlook xG 

8 hours ago, Iakovenko said:

The thing with xG is that it's not a proof of anything wrong, it's simply one of many tools to use to analyse how things are. An example of a team in real life who are doing far worse than you are were Brighton last season.

gAMNfzR.png

Source: https://understat.com/league/EPL/2020

They finished with 20 points less than what their xPts indicate. They finished 16th, but according to that they should have been 5th!

We are also seeing something similar with Brentford this season.

7qpOyMQ.png

Source: https://understat.com/league/EPL/2021

They have 27 points, but their xPts say they should have 38-39. So the use of xG, xPts and all the other metrics are ONLY a tool for you to use to try to analyse why things happen in matches. Do you create millions of small chances and miss all? Do you create good chances, but your strikers are struggling? Do you concede too often after being outplayed, or because of individual errors? All these things are things that the various metrics will help you find out. xG is just one of those tools, and should be used IN CONTEXT of the rest of the metrics.

Would like to get a rating on a trialist during a trial at the club. I know you can look at his performances but I’d like an A to F rating on him from my coaches not the scout. Maybe it’s a thing and I can’t see it?

2 hours ago, Prej said:

No, it's not. Why are you asking?

Because you're making it out as if it's a huge issue.

My board doesn't give me extra tranfer funds when I ask them after I only got 40 million to spend in the summer after winning the quadruple. I learn to make do as every board is different

Edited by Metal

18 hours ago, Iakovenko said:

In real life, Man United have an xG of around 25 overall for the matches they've had since Ragnick took over, yet they've scored 6 goals (not taking into account today's match) - xG just means you're getting plenty of chances, it means little if the players can't put it in the back of the net.

1 hour ago, Metal said:

Because you're making it out as if it's a huge issue.

My board doesn't give me extra tranfer funds when I ask them after I only got 40 million to spend in the summer after winning the quadruple. I learn to make do as every board is different

I'm not making "a huge issue" out of it.

I'm discussing it here because it seems to be a recurring problem with the game, so it's not a matter of "every board is different". Other users have experienced this, too.

Is it possible to set up individual player instructions for only a specific player? For example, I am playing CB's as BPD's. But now I bought a CB who is bad at passing and would like him to have "take fewer risks" PI. So can I set it up so when he is playing the instruction is active and I don't have to set it up every time he plays?

1 hour ago, luka_zg said:

Is it possible to set up individual player instructions for only a specific player? For example, I am playing CB's as BPD's. But now I bought a CB who is bad at passing and would like him to have "take fewer risks" PI. So can I set it up so when he is playing the instruction is active and I don't have to set it up every time he plays?

Yes, you can use personalised instructions for each player. They will be used when the player is put in the position and will apply only to him.

55112724_Screenshot2022-03-07090347.jpg.144be6dfed63f43a08fc1dda0904e8d5.jpg

• Administrators
On 04/03/2022 at 17:11, kepz said:

So, wait a sec. I know I may be in the minority playing MLS careers, but am I to understand that they're not updating the kits for the 2022 season? Every single one is from last year. There's no change to the Fire's ugly old logo/colors to the new, the Columbus kits are the dull whites from last season, Charlotte doesn't even have an official kit for home or away, LAFC's gorgeous home kit missing... all incredibly disappointing. 

This is due to licensing reasons, believe we can only include the kits which were in when the game was released, so for the 2021 season. 

On 05/03/2022 at 16:24, Domoboy23 said:

What on earth...

I'm second season in and playing the 2nd round of the FA cup... just noticed that all ties go into ET still and no replays... I'm sure this was only a temp measure for this season (now last season on my game)?

Has this been addressed elsewhere?

19 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

xG just means you're getting plenty of chances

yes, it's just  there to give you an indication of the quality of chances you are creating. It says nothing about the finishing of your team.

On 05/03/2022 at 05:02, Metal said:

Is this game breaking for you?

Yes, actually, because for me it's not sports scientists, it's coaches.  I literally cannot get enough coaches to have one per category.  This has happened to me in three saves now - once in my Racing CFF save, where the board just stopped agreeing to stuff despite taking them from the 5th tier to the Champions League, and twice in Arsenal saves, the second of which I started just to see if this would happen again.

Edit:

This isn't, like, an issue of the board just being unreasonable, and maybe there's some give-and-take you can do to get your message across.  I'm being told that "we have to live within our means" when I propose hiring a tenth staff member at £2,500 per week.  The club has £147m in the bank and £336kpw spare wage budget, and the board will let me hire more scouts, physios, analysts or sports scientists, or increase the wages I can offer to any of those folks, and the board will pay off any termination fee I ask.  They'll even give me more coaches for the U23 and U18 teams, which at Arsenal is kind of funny, because the U23s and senior team share facilities and staff; there's no clear distinction between a U23 coach and a first-team coach.

So I suppose it's possible that I have an owner who believes the world will end if he gives me a tenth first-team coach to cover ten coaching categories.  But it's much more likely that it's one of those silly little bugs that's clearly a bug.

Edited by Sunstrikuuu

51 minutes ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

Is there any idea about the possible release date of 22.4? I know it's in this month, but it would be easier to plan a new save. Would unfortunately to start a new one today and it will be released tmw...

Updates are never given future dates as people would complain if it was released late...

Does anybody else feel like match scheduling is messed up, i always seem to be playing on Saturday and Wednesdays even tho im in the CL and i have allow matches to be moved for TV broadcast on. It doesnt seem to take the CL into account and move my league game to Sunday if im playing in the CL on Wednesday..

Edited by nexting

3 hours ago, WilltheWolf92 said:

Is there any idea about the possible release date of 22.4? I know it's in this month, but it would be easier to plan a new save. Would unfortunately to start a new one today and it will be released tmw...

With the current level of fluidity regarding the situation in Europe, there is little chance that there will be any prior announcement regarding the next update, so you will need to be patient.

4 hours ago, nexting said:

Does anybody else feel like match scheduling is messed up, i always seem to be playing on Saturday and Wednesdays even tho im in the CL and i have allow matches to be moved for TV broadcast on. It doesnt seem to take the CL into account and move my league game to Sunday if im playing in the CL on Wednesday..

Yeah I find that a lot that I'm playing a prem and CL game 2 games between each other. That's not how it works in real life, they take into account whether the prem game is played on a sat or sunday and have the CL match on a tue or wednesday