*Official* Football Manager 2022 Feedback Thread

On 01/04/2022 at 15:16, Sunstrikuuu said:

I agree, but it also feels worse than it is (and it's bad.  That stupid thing where a team takes a short corner and the receiver passes straight back to the corner taker who's now called offside?  I've never seen that in a football match, ever.  Set up a corner routine with short corners and it'll happen a couple times a game.) because offsides are over-represented in highlights.  All offsides calls, no matter how mundane or boring, are part of the highlights package in Extended+ highlights.  So what you end up with is something where you're watching a package that includes limited buildup, nothing that doesn't end in a shot, and all of the possible offsides.  It's pretty rough.

Yes please.  Please please please.

I agree with your overall conclusion, basically.  The match engine isn't perfect but it's better than 2021, and 2021 was pretty good all things considered.  The rest of the game hasn't kept up, especially in the interactive areas.  This is the second version in a row where I feel like the focus for the next version has to be the stuff that's not part of the match engine because good sweet christ almighty it's frustrating.

It also feels like offsides seem out of whack with reality. Looking at Premier League stats the team with the most offsides this season is Burnley, with 80 across 28 games- so the worst team for this is averaging under 3 offsides again. I'm fairly certain my team is caught offside far more often per game as is the opposition. 

Agree though that it is hugely odd that every single offside is a highlight. Nothing more frustrating than watching some interesting build up ended by a player standing 2 yards offside for no real reason. And don't get me started on the amount of set pieces that are automatically blown dead because attackers just choose to stand offside before the ball even comes in. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid questions at press conferences still annoy me.

A player has been out for 2 days with a cold and I get asked " will Doig go straight back into the team after being out" WHAT!! it was a bloody cold ffs.

Playing a Europa game early season and I get asked what will it be like to play the same team a week apart, ERM it's a cup game and the games are a week apart, did you not know that???

46 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Stupid questions at press conferences still annoy me.

A player has been out for 2 days with a cold and I get asked " will Doig go straight back into the team after being out" WHAT!! it was a bloody cold ffs.

Playing a Europa game early season and I get asked what will it be like to play the same team a week apart, ERM it's a cup game and the games are a week apart, did you not know that???

Staff responsibilities > Delegate press conferences to assistant.

Press conferences have very little effect in the game.

hace 9 horas, Rashidi dijo:

Was your pressing intensity maximum? That would have encouraged him to come out along with your positive mentality 

No, I tend to play in defensive phase as a holding low block, to have space for counter using Vini speed. 

The thing is, I really don't care about conceding an early goal in my first game, because this can happen due many factors: new manager and different tactical style, summer, not perfect shape, lack of morale/cohesion, low interest..... What is really annoying is the fact that my first goal conceded comes from such a scripted-alike play, who forces you to change all your defensive line only to avoid a clear cut chance.

45 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

At what point do transfer bids become spam?

In the past, AI managers made 3 approaches before leaving it alone. It looks like there were 3, correct?

1 - they approached, you negotiated, they withdrew.

2 - they approached, you negotiated, they negotiated, you negotiated, they withdrew.

3 - they approached.

11 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

In the past, AI managers made 3 approaches before leaving it alone. It looks like there were 3, correct?

2 - they approached, you negotiated, they negotiated, you negotiated, they withdrew.

3 - they approached.

I countered with an insane nonnegotiable figure well above the player's value. RM still kept bidding the same amount. Received yet another bid after my post so I count 5.

Bids.png.ae7ed02510d10c0cb45515fb769c4fa7.png

Edited by Heywood JaBlowme

On 03/04/2022 at 21:51, davehanson said:

The last statement is taken directly from the EULA that YOU signed before playing the game. If it is incorrect then why did you agree to it? 

You can 'think' what you like, I don't care. You are basing your 'facts' on your opinion and nothing else. That info I posted was from the agreement you signed before agreeing to install and play with Sega/SI software. If you can back what you are saying with facts and evidence then fine, I will stnad corrected until then I am not going to de-rail this thread anymore.

The same reason I "agreed" to certain terms on my rental contract or employment contract... because I know for a fact they wouldn't hold up in court. This isn't my "opinion". It's facts. Some parts of contracts simply aren't legally binding. They're put in contracts to try to discourage/encourage certain things but they absolutely cannot be legally enforced.

I don't know any gaming examples off the top of my head (other than the PS3 which I already mentioned), but an example from UK rental law is that you don't have to allow any viewings for prospective new tenants in a property you're renting. It doesn't matter if the contract you signed says you have to allow them, you have the legal right to say no regardless of that and there's not a thing the landlord can do about it.

Or another example from Japanese employment law, my current employment contract says I have to give 3 months notice to quit. I don't. This is my 3rd year so the law says the most I have to give is 2 weeks regardless of the contract. Even if it were my 1st year though the law still says it needs to be a "reasonable amount of time" so I could challenge the 3 month requirement in court and win. But after the first year it goes from a possible win to a guaranteed win.

I know those example because I have personal experience dealing with them, but there are plenty of other times too where the law takes precedence over any agreement you make. So I have no issue "agreeing" to EULAs or the like because I'm sure my rights will be protected regardless of what they say (less sure now that I'm not in the EU, but still fairly confident).

Edited by rusty217

3 hours ago, alexbar93 said:

No, I tend to play in defensive phase as a holding low block, to have space for counter using Vini speed. 

The thing is, I really don't care about conceding an early goal in my first game, because this can happen due many factors: new manager and different tactical style, summer, not perfect shape, lack of morale/cohesion, low interest..... What is really annoying is the fact that my first goal conceded comes from such a scripted-alike play, who forces you to change all your defensive line only to avoid a clear cut chance.

Yeah I had a few of those with my team at the start of the season and occasionally still run the risk of seeing that happen, but it almost always does when my team plays higher up with maximum pressing intensity

1 hour ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

I countered with an insane nonnegotiable figure well above the player's value. RM still kept bidding the same amount. Received yet another bid after my post so I count 5.

Bids.png.ae7ed02510d10c0cb45515fb769c4fa7.png

Have you set a transfer value for him? I've seen it happen when I accidentally sat one of my players value to £1k. I got 300 offers every day with the value locked, and couldn't understand it at first. So it seems if you have it at a transfer value they will offer more than 3 times.

38 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

The same reason I "agreed" to certain terms on my rental contract or employment contract... because I know for a fact they wouldn't hold up in court. This isn't my "opinion". It's facts. Some parts of contracts simply aren't legally binding. They're put in contracts to try to discourage/encourage certain things but they absolutely cannot be legally enforced.

I don't know any gaming examples off the top of my head (other than the PS3 which I already mentioned), but an example from UK rental law is that you don't have to allow any viewings for prospective new tenants in a property you're renting. It doesn't matter if the contract you signed says you have to allow them, you have the legal right to say no regardless of that and there's not a thing the landlord can do about it.

Or another example from Japanese employment law, my current employment contract says I have to give 3 months notice to quit. I don't. This is my 3rd year so the law says the most I have to give is 2 weeks regardless of the contract. Even if it were my 1st year though the law still says it needs to be a "reasonable amount of time" so I could challenge the 3 month requirement in court and win. But after the first year it goes from a possible win to a guaranteed win.

I know those example because I have personal experience dealing with them, but there are plenty of other times too where the law takes precedence over any agreement you make. So I have no issue "agreeing" to EULAs or the like because I'm sure my rights will be protected regardless of what they say (less sure now that I'm not in the EU, but still fairly confident).

Give it a rest, turning this thread into an echo chamber about entities being sued isn't going to change the likelihood that you will influence SI one way or the other. 

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

3 - they approached.

I don't understand how AI clubs can set players to "Not for sale" in the player search but we can't set that ourselves. Unless I've missed something. 

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Have you set a transfer value for him? I've seen it happen when I accidentally sat one of my players value to £1k. I got 300 offers every day with the value locked, and couldn't understand it at first. So it seems if you have it at a transfer value they will offer more than 3 times.

Yes that's it. This not the first time I forgot about setting a player's transfer value a long time ago. Thanks.

72M.thumb.png.47796801822828d51acb572712fd2f70.png

52 minutes ago, ImDaWeasel said:

I don't understand how AI clubs can set players to "Not for sale" in the player search but we can't set that ourselves. Unless I've missed something. 

I don't see anything either. I wish there was. 

38 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Yes that's it. This not the first time I forgot about setting a player's transfer value a long time ago. Thanks.

No worries, done it a few times myself! It's become one of my first checks if I get strange transfer bids!

This is the best FM I have ever played. There are lots of things still to improve of course. The match engine is the best but loads of silly things - too many headed goals for example.

However, my 2 biggest issues are the below - not sure if they are there to make the game easier:

1. How easy it is to retain top players. Whenever a big club comes in for a player and I have made it to the top division, I can chat to the player and agree on an absurd asking price and the team never matches it and I can get them to stay no problem. Reality is that when a top team wants a player, eventually he leaves - might be that year, the next but they leave eventually and usually within 0-2 years. I am able to keep world class talent in the French league and not PSG for their entire career.

2. AI squad management. Same problem that has existed forever. Top teams do not fill their academy with strong talent and overall squad management is awful. Every team gets old and top teams fall from grace.

3 hours ago, ViG1980 said:

1. How easy it is to retain top players. Whenever a big club comes in for a player and I have made it to the top division, I can chat to the player and agree on an absurd asking price and the team never matches it and I can get them to stay no problem. Reality is that when a top team wants a player, eventually he leaves - might be that year, the next but they leave eventually and usually within 0-2 years. I am able to keep world class talent in the French league and not PSG for their entire career.

Wish I had your problem. I'm playing as Sporting CP, and have won 3 league titles in 5 seasons, plus a couple solid CL runs. I'm also on my 4th GK, 4th starting striker, and have had at least 3 different starters at every other position except left back, where I've only had 2. The Premier League treats my club like a one-stop shop every transfer window.

22 minutes ago, RCCook said:

Wish I had your problem. I'm playing as Sporting CP, and have won 3 league titles in 5 seasons, plus a couple solid CL runs. I'm also on my 4th GK, 4th starting striker, and have had at least 3 different starters at every other position except left back, where I've only had 2. The Premier League treats my club like a one-stop shop every transfer window.

This has and will continue to be a big problem for having success in a league that has a lower reputation that the big 3 or 4 European leagues.  Clubs from these leagues appear to have unlimited funds and want to steal at ridiculously low prices.  If you stick to your guns and negotiate up you can get some big returns and so it can be a source of good income to continue to rotate your squad.  You do have to accept that you will probably have to sell some of the top talent as it can be difficult to keep them once the big guys come calling.

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

This has and will continue to be a big problem for having success in a league that has a lower reputation that the big 3 or 4 European leagues.  Clubs from these leagues appear to have unlimited funds and want to steal at ridiculously low prices.  If you stick to your guns and negotiate up you can get some big returns and so it can be a source of good income to continue to rotate your squad.  You do have to accept that you will probably have to sell some of the top talent as it can be difficult to keep them once the big guys come calling.

Yeah, I've gotten used to it, annoying as it can be. I do negotiate and usually get good fees, and can often get players looking to leave bigger clubs for more playing time as replacements so my talent level doesn't drop.

8 hours ago, ViG1980 said:

2. AI squad management. Same problem that has existed forever. Top teams do not fill their academy with strong talent and overall squad management is awful. Every team gets old and top teams fall from grace.

This is not good news, I wonder if it makes sense to play a long-term save. What a joy it is to win everything after 3 seasons. SI was supposed to improve this aspect of the game.

Edited by mielony

18 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Staff responsibilities > Delegate press conferences to assistant.

Press conferences have very little effect in the game.

Not the point I was getting at, just the ridiculous questions being asked, like when you sign a 16 yr old for the youth team and get asked if he'll go straight into the team, an area of the game that needs an overhaul.

15 minutes ago, mt90 said:

Hello!

Sorry, my english is bad. Maybe wrong topic but in real life has Wrexham senior affiliate and feeder teams? 

Maybe others can confirm this, but I cant find any details of Wrexham having any links with other teams

11 hours ago, ViG1980 said:

This is one of my biggest issue with the game as well. Playing in long term saves this becomes quite noticeable for a while. When all original players have retired it becomes a bit better again, so I think it might be down to reputation gain/loss for real life players vs newgens. I hope AI squad management in general will be a focus in the future versions, all from player treatment to squad building could be improved a bit, I think.

20 minutes ago, XaW said:

This is one of my biggest issue with the game as well. Playing in long term saves this becomes quite noticeable for a while. When all original players have retired it becomes a bit better again, so I think it might be down to reputation gain/loss for real life players vs newgens. I hope AI squad management in general will be a focus in the future versions, all from player treatment to squad building could be improved a bit, I think.

Database size will play a part as well. Large database = more players available. Small database, not as many

8 minutes ago, XaW said:

And thats why the game becomes less challenging the further along you get, which is a pity. Its definitely a side of the game that needs further improvement. I've never cared a lot about interactions and media, but what I've always wanted to see the game get better at : economic modelling, inflationary and deflationary cycles in football markets. The emergence of super clubs and their style of management, thats all missing from the game. The City model is where the clubs are heading to in the future at least the top teams will undoubtedly head there. Its a model where the scouting for an entire umbrella of league clubs is done under one unit. Its more than just a parent affiliate relationship. Basically football clubs are gonna turn into multi million dollar consortiums. Thats been happening for the last 10 years, but it still hasn't made it into the game. I don't think Miles can rightfully call this a simulator when so much of the real world isn't in the game. Its fine to say we have statistics that closely resemble real life stats, but even then SI should be upfront with these statistics and say what their benchmark is. For years we've said that possession numbers in the game aren't realistic, but the numbers are by SI's yardstick. So what's this yardstick and where are the relevant benchmarks in the world?  Clear cut chances in the game exist now in two forms. In a squad view we can ccc, but when you hover it, it says goal scoring chances. So hows this different from the ccc on the match statistics page and a good xG.

While I agree player interactions, media, squad development needs to improve, for this game to be called a simulator more needs to be done. For one thing over the course of 10-15 years I would like to see more clubs being taken over and driven like consortiums. Umbrella scouting organisations that traverse the globe.  I want to see a stronger AI development model where some managers emerge that try and bleed youngsters into the main squad.  I want to see better inflationary and deflationary economic cycles in the game, at the moment there are none. It feels like every year is a boom year for world football. I want to see interaction in the game where your prowess as a manager is being reflected by stories where other clubs are mimicking your model. Finally I would like to see SI come out and discuss these benchmarks and tell us exactly what yardsticks they are using for simple things like possession.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, ViG1980 said:

This is the best FM I have ever played. There are lots of things still to improve of course. The match engine is the best but loads of silly things - too many headed goals for example.

However, my 2 biggest issues are the below - not sure if they are there to make the game easier:

It's interesting seeing this post, as elsewhere I've seen people complain that players get upset too easily when bigger clubs try to sign their players. It's really a balancing act and one where we're unlikely to please everyone. Some user managers want to be able to sign any player they want, hoard a large squad with no unhappiness and only have AI teams approach them with silly money bids. Then at the same time, they want to the AI to make shrewd signings, build balanced squads and be competitive long term (whilst denouncing the fact the AI always signs players cheaper than they can). 

Appreciate those are not mutually exclusive and a lot of work goes into the AI and happiness elements every year to try and make it the best playing experience possible, bit it is difficult. There are always going to be managers who make good decisions and those that make bad when it comes to recruitment, but absolutely it's an area we always want to make as good as we can within the system/AI limitations of having so many active AI managers in each save. If every AI manager had the brain power of a user manager, every single day processing would take an extremely long time. 

7 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:
7 hours ago, XaW said:

Database size will play a part as well. Large database = more players available. Small database, not as many

Sometimes larger database doesn't help as well. I'm playing a Europa League level team from a smaller nation with a large database (150k+ players) so I often play against clubs from view-only and unplayable leagues in my save and I've seen some weird clubs with 13-14 senior players at the club. A common position missing is GK so I end up playing against teams with grey/young and not good enough goalies and that's just sad.

Some of the richer clubs from mid-level nations also end up with smaller squads so they fill their bench with academy players, which would be great if those players were always talented and they often aren't.

The AI really needs to develop a "tit for tat" approach when it comes to squad building. If they aren't active on the market, they should at least be reactive. If they sell a player, they should always be inclined to either buy a quality (or a talented) replacement or promote a talented player from their youth squad.

Or when a player gets older and starts declining. Their club should start looking for possible replacements and sign someone for the future or just replace them even before they retire. That's a behaviour I've honestly never seen in FM and it's one of the reasons squads get older. Apart from the fact that player decline is more natural in FM22.

8 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

It's interesting seeing this post, as elsewhere I've seen people complain that players get upset too easily when bigger clubs try to sign their players. It's really a balancing act and one where we're unlikely to please everyone. Some user managers want to be able to sign any player they want, hoard a large squad with no unhappiness and only have AI teams approach them with silly money bids. Then at the same time, they want to the AI to make shrewd signings, build balanced squads and be competitive long term (whilst denouncing the fact the AI always signs players cheaper than they can). 

Appreciate those are not mutually exclusive and a lot of work goes into the AI and happiness elements every year to try and make it the best playing experience possible, bit it is difficult. There are always going to be managers who make good decisions and those that make bad when it comes to recruitment, but absolutely it's an area we always want to make as good as we can within the system/AI limitations of having so many active AI managers in each save. If every AI manager had the brain power of a user manager, every single day processing would take an extremely long time. 

Making it difficult to retain players as a smaller club is key in my opinion. Really important to making a game challenging,  having good AI teams to play against, and its realistic. This seems like area where difficulty levels could be useful? Although  I'm not sure how much development time that would drain.

Edited by Platinum

Said update still has the same error that I mentioned here and I already mentioned it in the bugs section. Sai update is rout of 5-0.. 6-0.. 8-2.. I know a game is a game.. reality is reality.. But for God's sake.. it's too much. I have no pleasure in playing this nor do I feel like continuing to play. I don't feel pressure, I don't feel the "aggressive" championships. It's very easy to go to the game and win. Of course we always want to win, but winning 5-0 every game.. what's the joke?

24 minutes ago, fabiogabriel said:

Said update still has the same error that I mentioned here and I already mentioned it in the bugs section. Sai update is rout of 5-0.. 6-0.. 8-2.. I know a game is a game.. reality is reality.. But for God's sake.. it's too much. I have no pleasure in playing this nor do I feel like continuing to play. I don't feel pressure, I don't feel the "aggressive" championships. It's very easy to go to the game and win. Of course we always want to win, but winning 5-0 every game.. what's the joke?

What’s your tactic? 😜

I thought the timing of the End Of Season Team meeting was supposed to be fixed? All of my 1st squad already on International break, and I'm gonna convince the 7 kids remaining that we can win the title again before they look at me as if I have two heads? Either fix this or just give us the option to skip over this 'promises' garbage!  :seagull:

7Kids.thumb.png.6d2ef5d02a216facaf4d77608f4ea93c.png

Do you guys think there will be any more minor updates/hotfixes or FM22 is done as it is already? Just wondering as I see there are still some bugs to be fixed; however, after I've read Neil's comment on yesterday's update, where he thanks to all of us for this year's contribution, it seems like nothing else will be out.

Edited by gggfunk

24 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

I thought the timing of the End Of Season Team meeting was supposed to be fixed? All of my 1st squad already on International break, and I'm gonna convince the 7 kids remaining that we can win the title again before they look at me as if I have two heads? Either fix this or just give us the option to skip over this 'promises' garbage!  :seagull:

7Kids.thumb.png.6d2ef5d02a216facaf4d77608f4ea93c.png

The game's numerous calendar issues are absurd, truly absurd. Whether its having most of your players missing for the team meeting or no one of quality available for the club world cup, I would hope to see FM fix this simple issue by FM23.

17 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

Do you guys think there will be any more minor updates/hotfixes or FM22 is done as it is already? Just wondering as I see there are still some bugs to be fixed; however, after I've read Neil's comment on yesterday's update, where he thanks to all of us for this year's contribution, it seems like nothing else will be out.

Yeah bro this is it, the FM22 you're playing is the finished product. 

Just now, kepz said:

Yeah bro this is it, the FM22 you're playing is the finished product. 

How do you know it mate? If so, why are the topics in bug tracker open and mods are posting that they are investigating the issues? 

2 minutes ago, kepz said:

The game's numerous calendar issues are absurd... or no one of quality available for the club world cup, 

Yes, the (lack of) player availability for Club World Cup is an abomination. Last time I just went on vacation, even at the risk of criticism from the board for underachieving at the tournament. I wish I knew how to just remove this tournament from the DB.  

Just now, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Yes, the (lack of) player availability for Club World Cup is an abomination. Last time I just went on vacation, even at the risk of criticism from the board for underachieving at the tournament. I wish I knew how to just remove this tournament from the DB.  

I manage in MLS in one save. If you don't know, their season runs through the summer and it is almost annually I find myself in a selection crisis for league games because starting players will be away (Read: warning the f-ing bench) on International Duty, which runs concurrently with league and US Open Cup matches (and sometimes CONCACAF CL). In another league, maybe, this isn't an issue, but because of cap and foreign signing limits (plus a dearth of Americans in the database) leave my options extremely limited. Especially when you have one day between some matches. The only word to summarize MLS mid-season matchweeks is "Clusterf-." 

9 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

How do you know it mate? If so, why are the topics in bug tracker open and mods are posting that they are investigating the issues? 

Because they've never done additional updates after March before that I am aware of in the past and most SI affiliate mods have said that reporting stuff in the bug tracker helps future releases, not necessarily the current one for which you've submitted the issue.

On 30/03/2022 at 05:03, DragonAndLance said:

Why is the suspended Ukrainian league still in the game then? As long as this war goes on, Ukrainian teams will not be playing European football or any football at all. Ukrainian teams should be made unavailable throughout all 3 databases to reflect reality, right? 

The solution is so simple; just let players choose to play either before the war started or after (since si wants this so bad).

They aren't banned though they will play at a safe ground outside Ukraine. You can't play Syrian teams, you can only play one African league you can't sign Greenwood

You can play FM before the Russian ban FM 21, don't go to far back though as CM92 won't let you play as Yugoslavia.

Edited by Garethjohn79

On 30/03/2022 at 12:57, Junkhead said:

So we are saying it is up to SI to fundamentally make changes to the product that people have purchased without consulting them, even applying that change to existing saves when people don't want it?

Not sure I'm ok with that, but happy to agree to disagree.

Should the updates include transfers made in February when in the game they are in a squad in August? Should manager vacancies replicate those that were available when you start the game? It's updated to what is at the time of the update, Russia is banned and so they are banned when you start the game.

7 hours ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Should the updates include transfers made in February when in the game they are in a squad in August?

Yes in the 22.3/22.4 databases.

Should manager vacancies replicate those that were available when you start the game?

Yes in the 22.3/22.4 databases.

It's updated to what is at the time of the update, Russia is banned and so they are banned when you start the game.

I agree, this should be the case if you select the 22.3/22.4 databases.

The point is that the 22.1 database, for example, reflects the football world as it was when the game was released - so before the war and before the bans were in place.  Now it doesn't, because for the first time (in my recollection, anyway), a competition change has been made which doesn't require a new game to take effect.

Edited by Junkhead
Spelling

• Administrators
8 hours ago, kepz said:

Does this happen to anyone else for press conferences? It shows this matchup for every save where I am introducing a signing or giving my debut presser. 

Yeah is a cosmetic bug we're aware of. Thanks. 

I am just curious. For anybody with a long-term save who played in Russia or Belarus and won some trophies in European competitions with teams from these countries. Does these show up on you record or how it is implemented with this backward change? Let's say I won the EL with Dynamo Moscow in 2025 with the old database, are those trophies part of the manager achievements and the club ones or erased completely (due the fact they can not have attended it with the sanctions)? Or this change just automatically kicks in in ongoing saves from the current date on the first opening of the savefile or from next season rollover? 

I have only one save going in lower leagues with 1.5 completed season so I can not check myself how this logic works with ongoing future saves :) . 

I must bring my hate towards new "player value" system again.

Here is one stupid example. This is the guy I personally know, he plays in Faroe Islands, why would a club from such a small league had a player with "not for sale"? I know, we all know they would sell him for very small amount of money.

5cyW9pW.png.726d74871ce0d7fef879006369f00bba.png

Then for the test I offer 18.000 euros and they accept it. "Not for sale" but they accept 18k euros. It makes zero sense.

Even the new system is useful so you know how much you should bid, but all players have value. Maybe only Mbappe is not for the sale in world football but every other player has his price.

It can be really simple, player has his value, which is something like value from transfermarkt, and transfer value ( or transfer range, or whatever is the correct term in English language ). Somebody said it could be confusing, there is nothing confusing there, you have how much he is worth, and for how much you could potentially buy him. It can't be more simple than that.

WXLWJIH.png.e4bd2ec33340c409ca0d58b5ddca0d70.png

Edited by Marko1989

11 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

Then for the test I offer 18.000 euros and they accept it. "Not for sale" but they accept 18k euros. It makes zero sense.

it makes sense to me. If I could put the not for sale tag on my players I'd use it too be if you offer me enough money, I'll sell . I don't see what's so controversial about it 

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Marko1989:

I must bring my hate towards new "player value" system again.

Here is one stupid example. This is the guy I personally know, he plays in Faroe Islands, why would a club from such a small league had a player with "not for sale"? I know, we all know they would sell him for very small amount of money.

5cyW9pW.png.726d74871ce0d7fef879006369f00bba.png

Even the new system is useful so you know how much you should bid, but all players have value. Maybe only Mbappe is not for the sale in world football but every other player has his price.

It can be really simple, player has his value, which is something like value from transfermarkt, and transfer value ( or transfer range, or whatever is the correct term in English language ). Somebody said it could be confusing, there is nothing confusing there, you have how much he is worth, and for how much you could potentially buy him. It can't be more simple than that.

WXLWJIH.png.e4bd2ec33340c409ca0d58b5ddca0d70.png

Every player has a value, even those who are "not for sale", it's just not visible ingame without the ingame-editor. "Not for sale" is more of a psychological mind-game that this particular player is just so important, that the club would want a prize way above his market-value (which is hidden, as I explained before). The system in Football Manager is much more complex as Transfermarkt, especially when it comes to very young players. Take Ansu Fati as example. Before he got his "starting-value" at transfermarkt of €25m, he was rated as "0", like so many other talented youngsters. Beside that, the market-value on transfermarkt ignores contract-length, which makes sense. It wouldn't make any sense in the game. So you simply cannot compare those 2 systems. I don't say that the system is perfect (especially in Spain with fixed release-clauses of youngsters, there seems to be some issues), but to me it's definetly a step into the right direction.

Edited by Daveincid

3 hours ago, DarJ said:

it makes sense to me. If I could put the not for sale tag on my players I'd use it too be if you offer me enough money, I'll sell . I don't see what's so controversial about it 

It makes no sense, it is amateurs league, there are no "not for sale players

3 hours ago, Daveincid said:

Every player has a value, even those who are "not for sale", it's just not visible ingame without the ingame-editor. "Not for sale" is more of a psychological mind-game that this particular player is just so important, that the club would want a prize way above his market-value (which is hidden, as I explained before). The system in Football Manager is much more complex as Transfermarkt, especially when it comes to very young players. Take Ansu Fati as example. Before he got his "starting-value" at transfermarkt of €25m, he was rated as "0", like so many other talented youngsters. Beside that, the market-value on transfermarkt ignores contract-length, which makes sense. It wouldn't make any sense in the game. So you simply cannot compare those 2 systems. I don't say that the system is perfect (especially in Spain with fixed release-clauses of youngsters, there seems to be some issues), but to me it's definetly a step into the right direction.

Yes, FM has complex player evaluation and they don't have to do anything but to bring it back since they already have it, as it was in last 30 or so years. 

Well if it is hidden then maybe for us, who love to see player value, gives hope that maybe in future it can be displayed with a custom skin.

Edited by Marko1989