[FM22] England down to Level 10 Now available for download

5 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I will be having a look into contracts of players and staff before my next update.

Wonderful, looking forward to hearing about the updates! With regards to downloading the database vs Steam workshop. Are they the same?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, nonleaguefan said:

Thanks for the reply.

Well I may as well ask here then, the County Cups are a mix of first teams (non league clubs) and under-23's (pro clubs)

I can't seem to add under 23's to a competition...... any ideas?

Thanks

Add all your teams (including your first teams in non-league) to a secondary division, and then select that division to get your teams from.

On 15/01/2022 at 16:32, DBSC said:

In addition to the questions above, is anyone able to run a team in budget? Most players ask for 1-2k per year minimum  but the annual budget for Isle of Man FC in level 10 is only 13K

Im thinking of adding sponsorship money in.

Not sure how much to give though.

Im going to have a look at the clubs at Level 7 and 8 to see how much they get.

Loving my save using this mod. Thanks for the hard work!

BTW excuse my ignorance, Im in the states and we don't get non league coverage here but should these leagues be having press conferences? Seem out of place to have to do them before and after every level 7 game. Again sorry if this this is actually a thing. Just curious.

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

BTW excuse my ignorance, Im in the states and we don't get non league coverage here but should these leagues be having press conferences? Seem out of place to have to do them before and after every level 7 game. Again sorry if this this is actually a thing. Just curious.

They’re more conversations with their local newspapers, it’s not a press conference like you’d see in the top leagues.

There’s no way of removing press conferences, I’ve managed a lot lower than Level 7 and it always feels awkward having them as I can’t see BBC Sport or Sky Sports reporting on the level I’m at!

7 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

They’re more conversations with their local newspapers, it’s not a press conference like you’d see in the top leagues.

There’s no way of removing press conferences, I’ve managed a lot lower than Level 7 and it always feels awkward having them as I can’t see BBC Sport or Sky Sports reporting on the level I’m at!

Oh wow they must have removed it in the pre game editor. I remember seeing the option to untick it years ago. Or maybe that was for the tunnel press interview?

1 hour ago, jurian2502 said:

When i play this pack i dont get the real club logo's etc, how do i fix that?

Look in the skinning forum.

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Oh wow they must have removed it in the pre game editor. I remember seeing the option to untick it years ago. Or maybe that was for the tunnel press interview?

I’ve learnt something today now that you say that, I didn’t even know you could set them to be honest!

You can now change pre-match press, post-match press, pre-match tunnel, half-time tunnel, post-match tunnel and pitchside interviews. In each one you’ve got not set, none, rivals games, big games and all games.

5 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

I’ve learnt something today now that you say that, I didn’t even know you could set them to be honest!

You can now change pre-match press, post-match press, pre-match tunnel, half-time tunnel, post-match tunnel and pitchside interviews. In each one you’ve got not set, none, rivals games, big games and all games.

Yup I just checked myself and was gonna post this.

unfortunately I can’t access this file in the editor. It’s not showing for some reason.

speaking of which, have anyone else noticing that some of the levels change names after you restart the game? For example when I first loaded the file level 7 leagues were named The Pitching In but now it says regional premier divisions. Weird.

6 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Yup I just checked myself and was gonna post this.

unfortunately I can’t access this file in the editor. It’s not showing for some reason.

speaking of which, have anyone else noticing that some of the levels change names after you restart the game? For example when I first loaded the file level 7 leagues were named The Pitching In but now it says regional premier divisions. Weird.

Are you putting the file in your editor data folder?

Regional Premier Divisions is the name SI use for the parent competition, Pitching In is the sponsors name of Level 7 and 8 divisions, they come under a different name unsponsored. 

21 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

Are you putting the file in your editor data folder?

Regional Premier Divisions is the name SI use for the parent competition, Pitching In is the sponsors name of Level 7 and 8 divisions, they come under a different name unsponsored. 

Yup the file is in editor. It shows up in game but it’ doesn’t show up to load in the pre game editor.

Yes I know about the sponsorship naming. The thing is when looking at league the overview under competition reputation, the naming randomly changed from The Pitching to Regional premiere when I restarted the game. Maybe it’s just a data clash in my files.

Yup the file is in editor. It shows up in game but it’ doesn’t show up to load in the pre game editor.

Yes I know about the sponsorship naming. The thing is when looking at league the overview under competition reputation, the naming randomly changed from The Pitching to Regional premiere when I restarted the game. Maybe it’s just a data clash in my files.

When you click on load editor data after the database loads can you see it there?

It could be yeah if you’re running two separate files, I think the game reads the top one first.

8 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Next update could be a couple of days away.

Great work! I was planning to go Lancaster City (ordered a shirt and all had it posted UK to AUS)

...but thinking will go the very bottom and join the Lvl 10 Challenge for my single FM22 save.

On 22/01/2022 at 18:44, Mars_Blackmon said:

Can usually find some good media extension packs. I've downloaded one and added in just about every media source in NE England to make it as realistic as possible when I manage Blyth.

On 18/01/2022 at 08:48, Improvise said:

I'm waiting for the next update before I start my FM 2022 career save.  In the meantime I have been experimenting with setting up games with different settings on the "Do not Add Key Staff" and "Add Players to Playable Teams" boxes. 

Do not Add Key Staff - as far as I can see ticking this doesn't seem to add managers to any more of the level 10 teams.  However it does fill up many posts in their backroom staff which, in reality, they would never have, such as performance analyst, recruitment analyst, loan manager.  

Add Players to Playable Teams - ticking this gives all teams a "proper" starting squad, whereas if this is unticked most teams consist entirely, or almost entirely, of greyed out players.

At the moment my inclination will be to start my career save with both of these 2 boxes ticked.  I don't want level 10 teams to be in an instant financial mess from employing unrealistic levels of staff from day 1.  What I don't know, however, is whether they will fill these unrealistic posts over time, even if this box is ticked.

But I would like all teams to have a starting squad on day 1 of the game.

To make matters more realistic, and give myself less of a free choice of level 10 teams when I start my game, I will start as unemployed and only allow myself to apply for jobs at teams which have already had a manager.  I will therefore be unemployed until sackings start to occur, or managers move from level 10 teams for other reasons.

I'm really looking forward to starting this save.  I only ever play one save on each version of FM.  It is a one game career save until the next FM is released. 

An update to my thinking on this.  I have just holidayed through a save to 31st October after starting a save with the two boxes in question ticked.  At 31st October there were 141 managerial posts available at level 10, an average of more than 8 managerial vacancies per league.  I looked in more detail at 4 teams at random in that sample and none of them had any staff at all! 

I have therefore decided that, when I start my "proper" save, I will untick the Do not Add Key Staff box. I prefer the annoyance of level 10 teams having a performance analyst, recruitment analyst and loan manager, to the annoyance of level 10 teams not having any staff at all! 

On 22/01/2022 at 09:02, Mars_Blackmon said:

I will be removing them for Level 7-10

On 22/01/2022 at 20:10, FCUtdWill said:

Where do you find these?

I have seen them under media policies on the basic editor but it only has pre match and post match.

4 hours ago, Improvise said:

An update to my thinking on this.  I have just holidayed through a save to 31st October after starting a save with the two boxes in question ticked.  At 31st October there were 141 managerial posts available at level 10, an average of more than 8 managerial vacancies per league.  I looked in more detail at 4 teams at random in that sample and none of them had any staff at all! 

I have therefore decided that, when I start my "proper" save, I will untick the Do not Add Key Staff box. I prefer the annoyance of level 10 teams having a performance analyst, recruitment analyst and loan manager, to the annoyance of level 10 teams not having any staff at all! 

I wonder if those type of staff can be limited as well in the editor. I would think having both a recruitment analyst and loan manager is a reason for the debt. If anything those staff members should be doing voluntary work at that level but sometimes i am seeing staff make more than the players.

I wonder if those type of staff can be limited as well in the editor. I would think having both a recruitment analyst and loan manager is a reason for the debt. If anything those staff members should be doing voluntary work at that level but sometimes i am seeing staff make more than the players.

Most of the staff will be on non contracts now as i have altered it.

8 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Where do you find these?

I have seen them under media policies on the basic editor but it only has pre match and post match.

They should be in each competition in the media policies, I’m only using the basic editor as well and they were there.

I can’t access the editor at the moment but I’ll have another look this afternoon and get back to you.

3 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

They should be in each competition in the media policies, I’m only using the basic editor as well and they were there.

I can’t access the editor at the moment but I’ll have another look this afternoon and get back to you.

Yes i see them there but there is only options for pre match and post match press conferences, is that right?

18 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Yes i see them there but there is only options for pre match and post match press conferences, is that right?

Can you send me a screenshot of what you see please? I’m trying to think what it looks like without the editor in front of me.

*New Update Now Available in 1st Post*

Pre match & Post match press conferences now removed Level 7-10

Regional divisions set for all teams down to Level 9. (Now got to do Level 10)

Non contracts now for players/Staff Level 7-10.

Sponsorship money/ticket prices/season ticket prices added for all missing clubs down to Level 9.

Edited by lionel messi

1 hour ago, potbellypigs said:

Anyone know of teams in Level 9/10 where the stadium is life like between FM and what we see in real life? I'd like to start a new save but would like to use a team I can see the stadium is the same.

Overall, I wish lower leagues stadiums were better. There is a stadium editor in the pre game editor to make adjustments but you can’t see what you’re doing: SI need to finally release a true stadium editor!

@lionel messi Would you and @FCUtdWill recommend making the same changes you made to LOWER LOWER 8 -10 tier English football to the New Zealand file that is being worked on?

The financial difficulties im sure are only compounded when adding in the fact that the game importance for lower league NZ is really low as is reputation?  

16 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Non contracts now for players/Staff Level 7-10.

Thanks for the update! Long time lurker ready to start playing FM22, will be sure to throw a donation your way my next pay for all your hard work.

The Non-Contract really evens the playing field and brings the lower rep & little financial clout teams back into play. Normally you can boss the lower league with higher wage budgets and money in the bank from teams with decent attendances (FC United, Bury AFC, Jersey Bulls, Isle of Man etc.)

First year at FC United, managed to get my existing staff over to voluntary non-contracts (couple ended up getting poached by Conference N/S sides) happy days :applause:

..but the kicker. Couldn't tie my best players down to contracts (they refused to negotiate & chose to run down their existing or league rules limited me to pay no where near their asking wage). Really hope I don't get any youth superstars before Conference N/S, as can see them getting poached before my eyes :lol:  

Need to try not get attached to any staff or players for the first few years.

Edited by alexsbalivillas

5 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

@lionel messi Would you and @FCUtdWill recommend making the same changes you made to LOWER LOWER 8 -10 tier English football to the New Zealand file that is being worked on?

The financial difficulties im sure are only compounded when adding in the fact that the game importance for lower league NZ is really low as is reputation?  

What do you mean?

5 hours ago, alexsbalivillas said:

Thanks for the update! Long time lurker ready to start playing FM22, will be sure to throw a donation your way my next pay for all your hard work.

The Non-Contract really evens the playing field and brings the lower rep & little financial clout teams back into play. Normally you can boss the lower league with higher wage budgets and money in the bank from teams with decent attendances (FC United, Bury AFC, Jersey Bulls, Isle of Man etc.)

First year at FC United, managed to get my existing staff over to voluntary non-contracts (couple ended up getting poached by Conference N/S sides) happy days :applause:

..but the kicker. Couldn't tie my best players down to contracts (they refused to negotiate & chose to run down their existing or league rules limited me to pay no where near their asking wage). Really hope I don't get any youth superstars before Conference N/S, as can see them getting poached before my eyes :lol:  

Need to try not get attached to any staff or players for the first few years.

That would be great thanks very much.

11 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

What do you mean?

The changes you made to staff contracts and sponsorship money and stuff to keep the lower league clubs from going broke or debt spiralling.

Do you think i should make similar changes to the New Zealand pyramid file? Considering that like top flight NZ League is pretty much on par with MAYBE Vanarama N/S it might be smart to make sure im using as much as possible to keep clubs afloat when they are getting attendances in the low hundreds

28 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

The changes you made to staff contracts and sponsorship money and stuff to keep the lower league clubs from going broke or debt spiralling.

Do you think i should make similar changes to the New Zealand pyramid file? Considering that like top flight NZ League is pretty much on par with MAYBE Vanarama N/S it might be smart to make sure im using as much as possible to keep clubs afloat when they are getting attendances in the low hundreds

Yes i think that could be a good idea.