Fingers crossed. I might be the luckiest ever FM player

So. I just finished my first season with Oxford City in the Vanarama South. We finished in the play off spots but lost the semi final. 

All sorts of drama started happening. We moved to a new stadium. Groundshare with Maidenhead as our current ground did not meet the league requirements. They then announced a new stadium which is now in the planning stages. 

Then the board members started retiring and the owner puts the club up for sale as he is looking to retire.

I then get my first takeover rumour. Turns out he is and Australian Tycoon. 

Never in my life have i had a Tycoon takeover and this bloke is promising me £20.5M in the VNS

2046589160_Screenshot(17).thumb.png.a085e599dbd9c8e2019c2222950d0a4f.png

Edited by wicksyFM

15 minutes ago, XaW said:

The expectation will match, so keeping your job might be harder as well as! Good luck!

Tycoon takeover is complete. I have to say, its very underwhelming. they have given me a budget of 90k and increased my wage budget by 2k.

Expected more. £20.5m more

8 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

Tycoon takeover is complete. I have to say, its very underwhelming. they have given me a budget of 90k and increased my wage budget by 2k.

Expected more. £20.5m more

Quite possible you will get more over the next few years, but watch out for increased expectancy though!

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

Quite possible you will get more over the next few years, but watch out for increased expectancy though!

In terms of expectany, nothing has changed. The only significant thing that has happened is turning pro and sticking a millionin the bank. 

My rep hasnt even improved, so im still attracting exactly the same players

Lets just see what happens i suppose. 

17 minutes ago, Platinum said:

90k for a VNS side is a lot in my experience 

Yeah. Usuaually you would be well happy with 90k budget in the VNS. But its underwhelming when you think you have hit the jackpot with a tycoon takeover and they give you 90k and your wage budget is only top 5 in the league. Clubs reputation didnt even increase so im attracting  exactly tha same players. Trust me to get the worst Tycoon takeover ever :lol:

Edited by wicksyFM

2 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

Yeah. Usuaually you would be well happy with 90k budget in the VNS. But its underwhelming when you think you have hit the jackpot with a tycoon takeover and they give you 90k and your wage budget is only top 5 in the league. Clubs reputation didnt even increase so im attracting  exactly tha same players. Trust me to get the worst Tycoon takeover ever :lol:

Forgot to metion. The most i can offer a player in wages is £650 a week

From my experience takeovers rarely produce what is promised.

I had a takeover at a club in a previous FM - think it was Bangor City - and I think I got next to nothing. Not that I ever needed money for transfers in Wales. 

Was watching Loki Doki on YT the other day and he had a similarly dour takeover that had promised much. 

I think it is much like real life though. I remember when Bournemouth were coming out of admin and the potential buyers would have offered the world to get their deal through. Invariably they never came up with that much.

For your situation, and as others have said, you can do wonders with 90k in the VNS. You will easily find some very good talent for that level for way less. I'd suggest putting some transfer funds into wages instead. Sometimes it is wages that are the stumbling block at that level. 

Good luck. Hope you get your £20m later. 

Edited by anagain

1 hour ago, anagain said:

From my experience takeovers rarely produce what is promised.

I had a takeover at a club in a previous FM - think it was Bangor City - and I think I got next to nothing. Not that I ever needed money for transfers in Wales. 

Was watching Loki Doki on YT the other day and he had a similarly dour takeover that had promised much. 

I think it is much like real life though. I remember when Bournemouth were coming out of admin and the potential buyers would have offered the world to get their deal through. Invariably they never came up with that much.

For your situation, and as others have said, you can do wonders with 90k in the VNS. You will easily find some very good talent for that level for way less. I'd suggest putting some transfer funds into wages instead. Sometimes it is wages that are the stumbling block at that level. 

Good luck. Hope you get your £20m later. 

I will stick with it. Have not played much since it happened. Its early days and i know 90k will do a lot. You never know he might suprise me and up budgets at some point. The million in the bank is massive for a VNS side so im hoping i can do some stuff with the facilities.

Lets see how it goes