How do I...

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jere_d said:

Thank you

Is conversation history still in the game?

I pressed a link and it toot me to my profile

I don't think it's in the game anymore, but I'm not sure.

On 13/03/2022 at 12:13, Tavistock AFC said:

STOP CONCEDING FROM CORNERS?

Tall, strong guys marking the just infront of near post and far post. then cbs marking tall players.

Con to this is AI will 9/10 pick up any loose ball that dont go out of play

Edited by jere_d

How do I locate the "Possession Lost" statistic in other area's such as adding them to a view filter (I've looked, can't find anything) in my squad page for example. I have and can only find this stat in scout reports if it even pops up in one. I want to know this stat with regular access and ease and possibly add it to my squad view filter with my other stats.

14711069_Screenshot2022-03-17172015.png.aad6f2f2e91c3868308ba5869c3f8726.png

53 minutes ago, Daz2205 said:

How do I locate the "Possession Lost" statistic in other area's such as adding them to a view filter (I've looked, can't find anything) in my squad page for example. I have and can only find this stat in scout reports if it even pops up in one. I want to know this stat with regular access and ease and possibly add it to my squad view filter with my other stats.

14711069_Screenshot2022-03-17172015.png.aad6f2f2e91c3868308ba5869c3f8726.png

Data Hub > Ask For "Possession Lost"

1.thumb.png.7917445123d8d51cf7123be9df89ea10.png

You can tick "Display in Team Analytics" as well.

1 hour ago, fc.cadoni said:

Data Hub > Ask For "Possession Lost"

1.thumb.png.7917445123d8d51cf7123be9df89ea10.png

You can tick "Display in Team Analytics" as well.

Ah, yeah I know of that one in the various scout reporting's and feedback etc, I'm hoping for a more player sided stat as like the one pictured first with a clear number to the stat of possession loss's (perhaps worded poorly in my first post) I wish to add how many times an individual player has lost possession throughout the season in a view such as this;

458372607_Screenshot2022-03-17200255.png.0bbee63eaddc1ec98659ab129c97f1d2.png

Hoping to add that particular stat to this view. Surely this stat isn't missing from the game?!

*Edit* - Huzzah! Although not ideally what I'm after I have found within the league detailed player stats there is a top 20 list of players who have lost possession. Perhaps I should make a feature request for this to be added in for future editions. Seems odd there isn't anything in the custom filter squad view. 

Edited by Daz2205

Did the latest update change how to make screenshots? The old Alt+F9 combination stopped working for me. Both keys are detected correctly and I haven't changed any settings. Unfortunately I also can't resort to the manual print screen button because I have a lot to screenshot and my laptop is such a potato that it might catch fire If I run FM and a graphic program at the same time.

8 hours ago, Piperita said:

Did the latest update change how to make screenshots? The old Alt+F9 combination stopped working for me. Both keys are detected correctly and I haven't changed any settings. Unfortunately I also can't resort to the manual print screen button because I have a lot to screenshot and my laptop is such a potato that it might catch fire If I run FM and a graphic program at the same time.

F12 or PrtSc or Lighshot (it's lightweight)

How do I get foreign players through my youth intake?

I'm 15 years into a Turkish save and I can only ever get Turkish players. My nationality is Chile, HOYD is English and a lot of my coaching staff is foreign.

My youth recruitment is quite low (rated = average) as I can not seem to be able to get the board to increase this.

22 minutes ago, pearsiesgunners said:

How do I get foreign players through my youth intake?

I'm 15 years into a Turkish save and I can only ever get Turkish players. My nationality is Chile, HOYD is English and a lot of my coaching staff is foreign.

My youth recruitment is quite low (rated = average) as I can not seem to be able to get the board to increase this.

The teams will have a pre-determined percentage of foreign youth players based on what's expected in real life. The only way you can improve on that is by getting foreign feeder clubs and get the agreement to let their youngsters train at your club, as far as I know.

Set pieces: Can I set a taker only for specific routines? Right now I have two: A short one and a longer one. I want one of my wingbacks take the short corner while my regular taker does the other one. But when I drag-and-drop the taker inside the routines, they also change for the other one.

--------------

On 22/03/2022 at 08:24, fc.cadoni said:

F12 or PrtSc or Lighshot (it's lightweight)

Thanks. That helped me a lot. As for the original problem, somewhere down the line I realised that the hotkey changed from Alt+F9 to Alt+S. Stupid muscle memory and even stupider why-remember-google-attitude :)

Find... "dubbed/touted as the next" Is this still a feature in FM? I remember it was in the earlier versions but I've yet to see a player with it. Am I looking in the wrong place? If I am, where can I find it?

I've only seen it on FM 22 when they announce the list of 50 wonderkids every end of season.

Also what are the most random ones you have seen?

21 hours ago, Damonlufc said:

Find... "dubbed/touted as the next" Is this still a feature in FM? I remember it was in the earlier versions but I've yet to see a player with it. Am I looking in the wrong place? If I am, where can I find it?

I've only seen it on FM 22 when they announce the list of 50 wonderkids every end of season.

Also what are the most random ones you have seen?

It still exists, I've seen a few players, idk how to search for it though.

How do I stop conceding from throw ins? Constantly conceding from throws deep in my half - short throw, one-two, cross, goal, usually at the back post or someone curls one in from the corner of the box. 

It‘s sending me insane!

When I save my tactics, it stores them in an easy accessible that I can always just Load :

648893979_Screenshot2022-04-05at19_39_55.thumb.png.ed80c5e85ae1ff59edc190c9ff20530c.png

I somehow did something and now that folder is simply gone (along with all the tactics) and now I am getting this :

1391746280_Screenshot2022-04-05at19_40_16.thumb.png.511f24eca84fecdde61b77af34398d07.png

So, my question is > how do I find that folder again?

Thanks

LL

21 minutes ago, Loversleaper said:

So, my question is > how do I find that folder again?

You just have to navigate back to the tactic folder. I can see that you're on the MacBook pro but I've never used a Mac before so I don't know how the filing system and directories are structured but I'll show you and example using my windows laptop.

fm_lyUreRZHa9.thumb.gif.690eba6bdc3372eacf31f3aecf600f3e.gif

@DarJ

Yeah, the Mac doesn't give me those options. I found the tactics folder outside of the game, copied the folder and actually put it somewhere on my (shown in screenshot) list but none of the tactics in the folder show up when I am back in the game... totally doing my head in

Edited by Loversleaper

All of the sudden, middle portion of "between highlights" tables that were visible and for me showed tables, current scores across the league and both teams player ratings disappeared. 

"How do I" get them back? Can't find any option anywhere?

Not exactly «how do I» but say that my manager was of ie peruvian nationality an several of my staff is peruvian and I manage a top club in Europe, will that increase the chance to get peruvians in the youth intake?

13 hours ago, Taunton said:

Not exactly «how do I» but say that my manager was of ie peruvian nationality an several of my staff is peruvian and I manage a top club in Europe, will that increase the chance to get peruvians in the youth intake?

Will effect scouting knowledge mostly, but Youth Recruitment and having a link with a club from Peru; most likely to see someone from Peru in your next youth intake.

Hi,

I'm Villa, start of my 4th season. Qualified for champions league in seasons 2 and 3 (also won fa cup in season 2). At the end of last season the board set expectations for the season  to finish in the euro league. I didn't negotiate. Now at the start of season four they "confirmed" the vision to finish top half. I can't see how I can negotiate this now - hoping I can get some more transfer budget if I do.

Any help appreciated!

1)

How do I get my team to score more goals? 

Stats say I create a lot of chances. But I dont convert enough, says DataHub.

My coaches only have 3.5 stars for the ‘Attacking Finishing’ section, is that why?

What are the training blocks to improve this please, anything else apart from Chance Conversion?

Am I too reliant on the Mezzala?

2) 

Conceding goals. Anyone have any ideas please on how to tweak the formation/instructions so when I go one or two goals up I can hold onto the lead without conceding?

7C0F59E9-A641-4838-AA14-22785062C3F9.jpeg

29123DEF-FEC5-40E5-B835-6DA665AABBE4.jpeg

19A68842-B070-42A9-A525-D903B54C00F6.jpeg

Edited by 2feet

25 minutes ago, 2feet said:

1)

How do I get my team to score more goals? 

Stats say I create a lot of chances. But I dont convert enough, says DataHub.

My coaches only have 3.5 stars for the ‘Attacking Finishing’ section, is that why?

What are the training blocks to improve this please, anything else apart from Chance Conversion?

Am I too reliant on the Mezzala?

2) 

Conceding goals. Anyone have any ideas please on how to tweak the formation/instructions so when I go one or two goals up I can hold onto the lead without conceding?

7C0F59E9-A641-4838-AA14-22785062C3F9.jpeg

29123DEF-FEC5-40E5-B835-6DA665AABBE4.jpeg

19A68842-B070-42A9-A525-D903B54C00F6.jpeg

Training won't help you score goals short term.

Post this in the tactic section you're more likely to get more replies.

My short answer would be to look at the quality of chances you're creating and see if you can improve that

How do I turn off advice from my assistant manager during matches? Every single game I'm advised to 'play for set pieces' which I duly click 'Always Ignore', only to be hounded by it the very next game as well as countless useless advice. 

Is there a way to force the game which set of games get featured after progressing? There was a tournament going on (either Olympics or Copa America) where three of my starters were involved and their success was integral to my planning (It would have been bad to play ManCity in the Supercup without goalkeepers or my two best scorers). But instead of showing me those results that I wanted, all I got were the results of the very early stages of European qualifiers that are completely useless to me.

55 minutes ago, Taurusmale67 said:

Who can I contact within Football Manager regarding lack of information and not sorting out a bug in the game.  Frustrated member.

Well, reporting it in the bugs section is the best way. If you want to contact SI directly, there is a "contact us" button at the bottom of every page here on the forums.

1 minute ago, Piperita said:

Is there a way to force the game which set of games get featured after progressing? There was a tournament going on (either Olympics or Copa America) where three of my starters were involved and their success was integral to my planning (It would have been bad to play ManCity in the Supercup without goalkeepers or my two best scorers). But instead of showing me those results that I wanted, all I got were the results of the very early stages of European qualifiers that are completely useless to me.

Yes, if you go into the preferences and find "Screen flow" you can set up each tournament that will show up for you and at what point.

19 minutes ago, XaW said:

Well, reporting it in the bugs section is the best way. If you want to contact SI directly, there is a "contact us" button at the bottom of every page here on the forums.

Tried reporting in the bugs section and not happy with the lack of information.  Was really trying to see if they have a customer service or pr type of thing.  Frustrated is putting it mildly.

It is frustrating, but at a certain point there just isn't any more information that can be provided. I understand its nice to feel there is an acknowledgement, which there has been previously in your thread, but in the background those threads get assigned different statuses for QA and developers to work through. 

Once an issue is being looked into by the relevant individuals, with no solution the CCE team will be looking at fresh issues and ensuring they get that same allocation and focus with QA and devs. It's not perfect, but it is definitely better than in previous years. While its not always the most satisfying, if after the initial exchange where its confirmed its being looked into there are no more details its a very safe rule to apply that it is being investigated further, it is being looked at but there simply isn't more information to provide yet. 

1 minute ago, santy001 said:

It is frustrating, but at a certain point there just isn't any more information that can be provided. I understand its nice to feel there is an acknowledgement, which there has been previously in your thread, but in the background those threads get assigned different statuses for QA and developers to work through. 

Once an issue is being looked into by the relevant individuals, with no solution the CCE team will be looking at fresh issues and ensuring they get that same allocation and focus with QA and devs. It's not perfect, but it is definitely better than in previous years. While its not always the most satisfying, if after the initial exchange where its confirmed its being looked into there are no more details its a very safe rule to apply that it is being investigated further, it is being looked at but there simply isn't more information to provide yet. 

The frustrating part is no information from the point I sent in the bandicam footage which I know they received.  Ultimately they have customers and it not great to make those customers feel they are being treated with contempt especially after months from reporting the issue not a single thing about the issue.  I don't know even if this bug has been looked at or still sitting in a queue.  In the meantime I can't continue the save.

The bandicam footage has been included in the thread which is available to QA/Devs working on that issue. Threads can have hidden posts/visible only to users with certain permissions. 

Ultimately there isn't going to be a reliable way through which prior to patch releases bug fixes can be guaranteed. The nature of games is once you get it in the vast number of players hands they might find the issue happens another way. 

Bugs will have to be prioritised some way, and I imagine that is very much subject to change (for example a showstopper, legitimate gamebreaking bug that crashes the game would be a high priority to fix - unless its perhaps incredibly obscure) so there won't be the information people perhaps want provided because it could be true at the time and a couple days later be a vastly different situation.

There aren't any more planned updates for this version of FM though. While it's never going to be good to hear the impact its had on your save, hopefully that kind of information leaves you in an informed enough position to decide if you want to perhaps start another save.