What do you think FM should improve the most?

Match engine? Transfer market? I think the most important thing to improve is motion.

Why is motion the most important? Improvements in motion can bring a lot of things, and I think the two most important things are arcade fun and diversification of tactics.

1. Arcade Fun
This is too obvious. With the addition of more diverse motions, if you look at flexible dribbling and pressure in a narrow space, you can't help but enjoy the unrealistic tactics and transfer market, right? Didn't many people who actually watch football fall in love with these aspects of the players? In order to satisfy this intuitive pleasure, the addition of motion is essential.

2. Diversification of tactics
The addition of motion can also diversify tactics. Consider the addition of a lot of dribble motion and possible crack-like movements. Honestly, in the current FM, isn't the side forward using penetration rather than cracking? If you have players who are good at horizontal dribbling and players who have strengths in penetration, your use will be different. If the motion is diversified and dribbling movement becomes possible, the tactics will be diversified, just as xavi uses Dembele or Pep uses mahrez, such as isolating one side and inducing 1 on 1 of the winger to dribble through.
In addition, if de-pressurization is possible with the addition of motion (personal skills such as la Croqueta), the problem of forward compression and the problem that physical athletes are better than technical athletes can solve.
As forward pressure became so good that there was little risk of pressure, the compression system changed significantly in FM22, and pressure was not strongly applied to the centerback or fullback. Against the strong team, defenders will certainly not be able to press hard on the defensive line due to their flexible foot skills and subdivisions of the build-up process. If excellent defenders and midfielders show foot skills with additional motion, or move a little backward to receive the ball or a little forward to receive the ball, they will easily get out of the pressure, and natural users will lower the forward pressure line and solve the overbalance problem.
Honestly, aren't the physical players too good? When you watch the game, you feel that the strength of the players with physical strengths is obvious, but the technical players are not. Of course, it will not be all that is seen and it will actually reflect the technological capabilities will be reflected. The addition of motion will help you feel the strength of a technical player more intuitively.

What's the point of improving the match engine when we can't show movement due to lack of motion? In the end, the problem of the match engine can be solved and improved only when motion comes first.

What's the point of improving the transfer market logic when the player's strength is not shown due to lack of motion? If a player doesn't show movement, we're buying empty kernels.

Therefore, I think the addition of motion should be the most important goal. What do you think is the most important thing?

1 hour ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Manager AI. 

Guardiola, Conte and Ancelotti are as tactically astute as Sam Allardyce and pretty much zero squad management. 

This should be No.1 on every wishlist. We need an improved manager AI and it should have a lot of flavor (behaviors) tactically and squad (people) management wise. 

Secondly I'd say we need a complete set pieces rework : from the UI to the way they are executed in the match engine.

My third point will be about atmosphere - I would like to feel a difference between managing in Italy vs England or say.. vs Argentina. I would like to see different stadiums ( moddable also) , different fans / owners / media behavior .

• Administrators

If you do have any specific ideas for any of our games, please do take the time to raise them via our feature request forums - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

The team are always on the look out for ideas from within the community. In some cases we've had ongoing features being created where a snippet of an idea from something raised there has been able to be incorporated - not to mention those that the were completely conceived by you :thup:  

They really need to step up on every aspect, or risk losing customers, fm22 is a big big mess.

Edited by Guest

Player and press/media interaction. To be honest. I wouldn't mind it gone completely. It was added to add immersion but because it's so repetitive and tedious, it actually takes away from the immersion. 

Player interactions are the absolute worst. I must have a player mutiny every week about something absolutely ridiculous. End/pre season team talks too. I think we can finish top half *your team is outraged

Better graphics. I know it's aimed at all hardware, but there are mobile phone games that look better. I actually play 2D version because again, it takes away from the immersion with clunky animations and floaty graphics.

Realistic AI bids. My player just scored 40 league goals and was the highest rated and top scored in the champions League. All the biggest clubs in Europe are after him. AI offers 2.4 million.....

Better AI. All aspects need improving. Squad building especially. Some clubs still buy a player for £40m and never player him in 5 years and release him on a free.

Better facilities management. I don't want to have to build adequate facilities, then average, then good, then top etc. If I have the money and stature I should be able to build top facilities straight away instead of incremental increases

Edited by trevjim

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

You can make a survey and add a list of options.

So many things need to be fixed....

Slow processing time is the #1 problem.

FM needs to run FASTER!

Processing times do not appear to have been an issue with this version, so maybe it would be worth having a look at other reasons if your save is running slowly?

10 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Processing times do not appear to have been an issue with this version, so maybe it would be worth having a look at other reasons if your save is running slowly?

Thanks but it's not my laptop or some glitch. FM22 speed is on par with previous editions. It's just that FM is a darn slow game to process (and, yes, I've applied all tips and settings imaginable). In this time and age, any game that makes you wait for more than a few seconds between turns... FM is so slow that I can multitask between turns (email, streaming, TV, grab some coffee, etc.).

• Administrators
3 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Thanks but it's not my laptop or some glitch. FM22 speed is on par with previous editions. It's just that FM is a darn slow game to process (and, yes, I've applied all tips and settings imaginable). In this time and age, any game that makes you wait for more than a few seconds between turns... FM is so slow that I can multitask between turns (email, streaming, TV, grab some coffee, etc.).

How many leagues are you running with what sized db? Appreciate will depend on system setup, but just interested in terms of gauging what your expectations are for it to be able to process in just a few seconds compared to the setup you've got. 

14 hours ago, phd_angel said:

You can make a survey and add a list of options.

So many things need to be fixed....

Slow processing time is the #1 problem.

FM needs to run FASTER!

No idea what you are playing bud but this latest version of FM is probably the fastest in a long time.

17 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

How many leagues are you running with what sized db? Appreciate will depend on system setup, but just interested in terms of gauging what your expectations are for it to be able to process in just a few seconds compared to the setup you've got. 

Neil, my friend, FM is slow regardless of the number of leagues and db, using above-benchmark laptops I’ve owned over the years. I play saves ranging from 4 to 40 leagues, from small/national to large/customized dbs, and the slug fest starts during the first season and gradually gets worse into 10 seasons.

Yes, FM22 is a little "faster" compared to prior FMs, but still, I’d estimate 60% of dead time compared to 10% in other game genres. I'm probably an outlier in my high expectations though.

The only drastic solution was those nasty hacking apps to warp speed the game which I haven’t used in ages because clicking and crashes were a problem. Yet, that technology is something that your dev teams could look into for inspiration. THAT’s the speed I’m talking about!…

Edited by phd_angel

• Administrators
15 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Neil, my friend, FM is slow regardless of the number of leagues and db, using above-benchmark laptops I’ve owned over the years. I play saves ranging from 4 to 40 leagues, from small/national to large/customized dbs, and the slug fest starts during the first season and gradually gets worse into 10 seasons.

Yes, FM22 is a little "faster" compared to prior FMs, but still, I’d estimate 60% of dead time compared to 10% in other game genres. I'm probably an outlier in my high expectations though.

The only drastic solution was those nasty hacking apps to warp speed the game which I haven’t used in ages because clicking and crashes were a problem. Yet, that technology is something that your dev teams could look into for inspiration. THAT’s the speed I’m talking about!…

Those hacking apps tend to increase the speed of the UI, but not the actual processing time, so tend to just give an impression of it going faster. The longer a game goes on the more history is stored which in turn will slow it down. At certain points in the game the AI managers are much more active in transfer dealings (say around transfer windows closing) which again uses more resources. If you're running leagues in full detail processing matches can also take time. But wouldn't really expect a half decent system running only four leagues to be running a 'slug fest'. We always look at ways of optimising the game, but would be interested to see your DXDIAG and an example save which is, in your opinion too slow to get a better idea of what you're experiencing.

As always details on how to upload files/saves etc can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

On 23/06/2022 at 15:44, Neil Brock said:

If you do have any specific ideas for any of our games, please do take the time to raise them via our feature request forums - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

The team are always on the look out for ideas from within the community. In some cases we've had ongoing features being created where a snippet of an idea from something raised there has been able to be incorporated - not to mention those that the were completely conceived by you :thup:  

In my mind those are two different categories:

1. Things that need to be fixed

2. Things that should be added (new ideas). 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Draakon said:

In my mind those are two different categories:

1. Things that need to be fixed

2. Things that should be added (new ideas). 

Things that need to be fixed should really be flagged in our Bug Tracker here with evidence of what they are - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/

If you want something improved, so say functionality added that doesn't already exist, that would still be for the features area. That could be something that needs better balancing or changing from its current form etc.  

42 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Things that need to be fixed should really be flagged in our Bug Tracker here with evidence of what they are - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/

If you want something improved, so say functionality added that doesn't already exist, that would still be for the features area. That could be something that needs better balancing or changing from its current form etc.  

It's has been a life-long dilemma with FM development. Users want the bugs fixed and usually appeal for a better match engine before everything else and that would be fixing something and certainly material for bug tracker. On the other hand, I perfectly understand the need to offer new features for every new release, because fixing the bugs is not something that you'd charge 50€ from users and the game itself needs constant additions and development to go further.

Of course, there are things that need to be improved, as you correctly put it. Interactions are present in the game, so it's not a new feature, but I've got an impression that most users believe it needs improvement, and developing new conversation pathways and connecting them to changes of morale, happiness, promises etc. is certainly something that could be considered a new feature even if it doesn't add new functionality in the game (conversations and interactions are present in the game currently, aren't they? - we just want more of them).

Before I go on with what I feel needs to be improved, I want to praise first. I played FM20 before FM22 (skipped FM21) and in my eyes the biggest new feature is the Data Hub - either for scouting next opponent or offering overview of how your team has done in specific areas of the game compared to other teams in the league - brilliant idea, well executed. Of course, analyzing tools can always be improved, be more detailed than it's now, but even as it is it's a wonderful addition to the game. I especially love the ability to check how momentum has changed in the last game - it gives depth to the stats like shots on target and xG. 

What needs to be improved:

Mostly interactions and there are two kind of those:

1. Player interactions. What I miss the most in the game is that you can't take back a promise, even if the circumstances have changed. Sometimes players themselves are understanding (concerning promises about loans or transfers) and extra time has been added to fulfill the promise, but it can't be changed no matter what, and that's a problem in the game. For example if I promise to loan out my youngster, and then in the transfer window my star player is sold for bigger club. In reality I'd go to the youngster and say: "Look, player X left. That would increase your game time so that you'd get at least 10-15 starts in the coming season - do you still want to leave?" And he most definitely wouldn't want to leave. But at the moment we're stuck with given promises and the player would be upset because he wasn't loaned out.

2. Press conferences and tunnel interviews. Mostly problematic because it's easy to pick general-positivish-kind of answer that doesn't change anything or affect player morale etc. The only useful kind of media interaction is when journalists call me to ask about possible transfer rumours and my answer and following news item could indicate to AI managers whether the player is available or do I warn them off. But general questions about the game or repeatedly asking about why I choose the same tactics that I've used for most games in the past five seasons is something that doesn't add anything to the gaming experience and those media interactions are just nuisance that we have to click through.

One possible solution is to reduce media interactions - for example, press conferences only before Champions League games or TV games or derby games. In lower leagues (in smaller countries) there's no such tradition as pre-match and post-match press conference anyway. All interaction with media is usually made by what FM describes as "tunnel interviews". Pre-match press conferences happen before continental games or national team games. 

Edited by Draakon

Interaction especially when it comes to the whole complete crash of morale in the whole team because a player have outlandish demands. So damn tired of players asking for new contracts once or twice per year despite having 4 years or more left. Sure if a player has become a lot better in the time since they signed it might be fair, but for having a few decent games no way. Decent players requesting wages 3 times higher than what they are on because they have shown decent and then throwing a fit when you don't give it to them and sometimes drag the entire team down with them doesn't seem reasonable. The biggest problem though is that I can't communicate this to the players complaining about not giving x what he wants, if he can run and cry over promises not kept, even if I think I have kept the promise by actually negotiating in the first place, I should be able to say I offered him a fair deal compared to the rest of you and he turned it down and put stop to negotiations.  

Keeping your own prospects and getting homegrown players for continental competitions is something I have found rather impossible at the moment. Your own prospects that has your team as favourite and their entire favoured personnel list in the team should not get upset because they aren't allowed to move to an almost identical team with the same offered possibilities. Get an offer from a team with less facilities and slightly lower stature and the player get annoyed for not selling and forcing you to accept the next offer from them so they can move to sit in another U23 team.

Em 23/06/2022 em 17:18, trevjim disse:

Better graphics. I know it's aimed at all hardware, but there are mobile phone games that look better. I actually play 2D version because again, it takes away from the immersion with clunky animations and floaty graphics.

There is literally 0 excuses to graphics with cloud being a thing nowadays. FM could enter in Geforcenow, stadia and xcloud quite easily, get more sells and better graphics, hardware is becoming something on the past, with cloud, you can play full FM even on your smartphone.

The one thing that bothers me the most is the player form variable. The ubiquity of peaks and valleys in player form make me wish the game forgot about form entirely. It's too predictable in its execution and it all depends on an inherently flawed player rating metric (which is why central defenders rarely drop in form, thanks to all of the headers they can win in every match).

On 08/07/2022 at 16:35, harrycarrie said:

Just make an entirely new engine. Its clear adding stuff just breaks other stuff and each year its getting incrementally worse. 

Its like having a broken arm and you're just slapping it with duct tape over and over.

Not sure if it’s that easy to make an entirely new ME!  Probably possible if they took a 1 year break and just did a data update this year but that’s not happening.

I actually think it’s the best graphics and ME for several years (which is in itself a criticism because 17 graphics were so much better, it went backwards for a long time) but the more refined it gets the more jarring the problems are. There is definitely a lack of variety in the match and some v weird defensive behaviour which infuriates so many players.

I’d like to see much more variable attributes. Eg salahs work rate at Liverpool has probably doubled because of man management. I think attributes should reflect the performance in training that week. Long term trends would be identified and genuine questions asked about who to pick for a match. It would answer the thorny question about player form (someone with v high attributes performing much  worse than someone with low attributes) as it would be reflected in the weeks training. 
I just think fixed attributes are an old mechanism to play the game dating from its first edition. It’s now become one of the least realistic parts of FM 

tactics need to be overhauled and brought into line with current thinking. Always press and always MM are odd without specific instructions as to where in the pitch. These days it’s all about laying traps. FM has little clarity on how to do that. Defensive tactics- plug and play - need to be dramatically overhauled. They’re not fit for purpose.

also can we clear description of the opposition tactics throughout the match (not just formation). Unless you watch 90 mins you can’t really know and counter what the AI is doing.

My thought on this one is a bit odd, but I actually think after the last patches, FM22 is OK. The big issue is there is no change in style over time. For instance, high pressure Gegen Press is the IRL rage right now, but will it be in 15 years? On FM, it damn sure is. I am not a game designer, but having some variety in the en vogue tactics of the game world would be amazing. I have used the exact same tactic for three years now and that is just boring. Whack a 433 Gegen Press and win has to change.

Have to agree with @phd_angel here.

Speed!

I mean with similar setup and computer (as in comparison with number of leagues vs computer power) you could run a full season with CM01-02 in a night if you wanted to but that's impossible with the latest versions. It has only gotten worse because of the single threaded limitation of FM while adding stuff to process. I understand a complete rebuild is necessary for having a multi-threaded game, but I fear this will become necessary in the near future.

I stopped playing FM and moved to FM Touch but that solution got taken away (with the league and season limits and what not). I mean, even with a high-end laptop the game remains a frustrating experience, no smoothness at all, too many clicks to advance in the game (even with all optimizations to limit inbox items the game still stops too often between important moments for no apparent reason. Why doesn't it just continue? And having automatic continue on isn't a solution because then you miss some important things which aren't deemed important by the game (because no response is needed f.e.) so you miss that item saying your top transfer target received an offer from another club...). Not only should we be able to determine what inbox items we want to see and which not, but also when the game pauses and when it doesn't (like example given above, transfer news on shortlisted players: pause the processing. Things like that). Maybe being able to tailor this to the highest detail level might help with overcoming the slugginess feeling...

Basically, with CM01-02 you could play 1 night and come away with a story to tell. Now that's impossible

Edited by DJ Sir Matthew

12 hours ago, SimonHoddle said:

salahs work rate at Liverpool has probably doubled because of man management.

But the idea isn’t that Salah didn’t have that work rate before, rather he grew into it. In keeping with the game mechanics, Klopp/Liverpool aren’t recruiting players they hope will eventually develop more workrate, rather signing players with it already and developing technical aspects. I don’t think the game should implement wild swings in attributes. 

One of the biggest issues that I see is when a player asks for a new contract and you agree and go into negotiation with him and he wont accept and the agen refuses to actuallya negotiate more than once and then just close down the negotiations. The player get upset and it is considered a broken promise which causes a lot of issues down the road due to broken promises and you can't talk to players anymore because they see you as not reliable even though you actually have kept your word. 

On 23/06/2022 at 17:21, MasterFolke said:

They really need to step up on every aspect, or risk losing customers, fm22 is a big big mess.

It really isn't. 

Its still a wonderful game to play, but as Neil Brock said, they are always striving for improvement. 

Could he worse. They could be EA!

• Administrators
12 hours ago, mimland said:

One of the biggest issues that I see is when a player asks for a new contract and you agree and go into negotiation with him and he wont accept and the agen refuses to actuallya negotiate more than once and then just close down the negotiations. The player get upset and it is considered a broken promise which causes a lot of issues down the road due to broken promises and you can't talk to players anymore because they see you as not reliable even though you actually have kept your word. 

Would say this promise really needs rewording, as what the player is asking for is a new contract worth signing. The promise isn't kept if you offer them two buttons and some magic beans. 

Appreciate in your mind you may be offering them something you think is fair and reasonable, but for the promise to be kept, you need to offer them a contract that they want to sign. Appreciate that isn't really clear from how it currently appears in-game. 

For me, they need to bring back Football Manager Live. Or at least some version of that. I have personally not played it but from what it seemed like, it was a good concept. It was more of a test of your own skills as a manager.

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Would say this promise really needs rewording, as what the player is asking for is a new contract worth signing. The promise isn't kept if you offer them two buttons and some magic beans. 

Appreciate in your mind you may be offering them something you think is fair and reasonable, but for the promise to be kept, you need to offer them a contract that they want to sign. Appreciate that isn't really clear from how it currently appears in-game. 

It is not clear how it is worded and as far as I can see I'm promising to start talks, not to give them what they want without any kind of negotiation. If what they asked for would be at least decently reasonable or if there would actually be some negotiating I wouldn't mind so much. But when they request a decent squad player to either be an important player and/or to up their salary 4 or 5 times the amount they signed for 12-18 months ago and one try to negotiate it down shuts it all down stone cold it quickly gets old. If they player would play amazing or had gone through amazing devolpment or earned a lot less than others at his level I would understand it but when your fringe players want the same salary as your star players just because they happened to play a couple of games in a row because of an injury or played one good game it starts to feel more or less ridiculous. Who in their right mind would, in a casual chat, promise a player that they will get whatever they ask for no questions asked.

3 hours ago, mimland said:

It is not clear how it is worded and as far as I can see I'm promising to start talks, not to give them what they want without any kind of negotiation. If what they asked for would be at least decently reasonable or if there would actually be some negotiating I wouldn't mind so much. But when they request a decent squad player to either be an important player and/or to up their salary 4 or 5 times the amount they signed for 12-18 months ago and one try to negotiate it down shuts it all down stone cold it quickly gets old. If they player would play amazing or had gone through amazing devolpment or earned a lot less than others at his level I would understand it but when your fringe players want the same salary as your star players just because they happened to play a couple of games in a row because of an injury or played one good game it starts to feel more or less ridiculous. Who in their right mind would, in a casual chat, promise a player that they will get whatever they ask for no questions asked.

Player wages in general need sorting. Is it realistic for 16 year old to get 8k a week? I tried negotiating but he ended it. I think I insulted him by offering 5k. 😀 

On 10/07/2022 at 19:35, kepz said:

But the idea isn’t that Salah didn’t have that work rate before, rather he grew into it. In keeping with the game mechanics, Klopp/Liverpool aren’t recruiting players they hope will eventually develop more workrate, rather signing players with it already and developing technical aspects. I don’t think the game should implement wild swings in attributes. 

Significant changes in attributes would be more realistic (both up and down and weekly). What is an attribute anyway.? At least make it realistic by suggesting it’s a training assessment 

. Wild swings maybe not so much. But we have to wait for the new edition every year for radical improvements or drop offs. Considering our saves last several years why make us wait. 
the concept is v sound. If one of your youngsters suddenly has a couple of random weeks with v high passing it will suggest this is what he is capable of and therefore trained in that way. If you star striker suddenly can’t hit a barn door in training (virtually every Chelsea striker from Torres to Lukaku) then you know something is wrong. It will mean a lot more buying duds(spurs with ndombele) and a lot more unearthing gems (Liverpool with Robertson). 
bottom line is it will add to realism. They are arbitrary numbers at best anyway. 

Edited by SimonHoddle

vor 1 Stunde schrieb SimonHoddle:

Significant changes in attributes would be more realistic (both up and down and weekly).

This is already implemented with a hidden attribute called "consistency". A player with a CA of 170 but with a very low consistency value will often play way below his shown numerical attributes. 

29 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

This is already implemented with a hidden attribute called "consistency". A player with a CA of 170 but with a very low consistency value will often play way below his shown numerical attributes. 

Ok, interesting. But IRL that would be seen in training. How are we meant to know? It would make match selection much more interesting too.

And, from a logic perspective, if a player is playing consistently below his attributes…surely his attributes are wrong and need changing. 

vor 14 Minuten schrieb SimonHoddle:

Ok, interesting. But IRL that would be seen in training. How are we meant to know?

You can't "see" it. There is a lot in this game which you can't see because it won't make any sense at all. It just means that the numerical attributes you see varies much more because of the consistency-value. It doesn't make sense for the game balance to add high fluctuating attribute values. As I said, this is already represented by the consistency value.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb SimonHoddle:

And, from a logic perspective, if a player is playing consistently below his attributes…surely his attributes are wrong and need changing. 

Not really. There are players who have incredible skills but they simply can't bring their skills on the pitch on a regular basis. So their current ability is high (which is correct) but his performance might be worse as a similar player with a high consistency value. Young players for example often have a lower consistency rating. This helps to represent "experience" more accurate in the game. 

Edited by Daveincid

31 minutes ago, SimonHoddle said:

Ok, interesting. But IRL that would be seen in training. How are we meant to know? It would make match selection much more interesting too.

In training we can see that in game.  Attributes rise and fall over time, not just with age.

In essence, attributes are the starting point.  Those attributes are then modified by a whole host of different factors when being plugged into the match engine.  Consistency is rightly stated as being one.  But we can also factor in other modifiers such as: the type of match; the opponent; morale; condition; body language; pressure; tactical familiarity; suitability for the tactic; team cohesion; weather; altitude; the impact of other attributes; teammates; team talks; touchline shouts and so on.  And all of those modifiers combined will have a different impact in different matches or during the course of a match as you make changes.

That may all sound a bit overwhelming but it still just boils down to buy the best players you can*, manage them effectively and don’t worry about the stuff over which we have little or no control.

So from that perspective attributes can already be considered to be “variable” - the modifiers lead to variability.

* Never just look at the visible attributes on a scout report.  Always read the report as that gives an indication of the hidden attributes.  A player might look great but if the report tells you he’s inconsistent, injury prone, doesn’t like big matches, is likely to get sent off and will wilt under pressure then by the rule of snog/marry/avoid - definitely avoid.

On 11/07/2022 at 10:41, Neil Brock said:

I've fallen foul of this promise and I do somewhat agree with you that it is fair the player would be upset if they don't get the contract they want. Sure, they may massively overestimate their ability/importance to the team but that happens IRL too. It is frustrating to be put in a situation where the promise is basically impossible to keep (you want to double your wages and half your release clause? No thanks!) but I imagine it is something real managers do have to deal with.

However, my issue is the knock on effect a broken promise has moving forward. Combine this promise with the often bizarrely specific positional request ones ('I'm upset you played me as a IF instead of an IW' or 'you played me as a DLP (d) in CM not in DM as I wanted!') and you can find yourself in a hugely frustrating position where players who've played for you problem free for years suddenly refuse to trust you or other teams are skeptical about hiring you due to a reputation for breaking promises.. It doesn't make to me that a key player I've had a good relationship with suddenly refuses to trust me because I refused to make an average leftback the top paid player in the squad and I played a player as a DM instead of a CM. The game just logs broken promises without context and then marks you as 'untrustworthy.'

On 23/06/2022 at 13:33, ImDaWeasel said:

Manager AI. 

Guardiola, Conte and Ancelotti are as tactically astute as Sam Allardyce and pretty much zero squad management. 

This is probably the most controversial change and I can see why SI are hesitant to implement it.

You know how managers work? They look at your matches and if they see you using the same tactic, they design a tactic specifically to beat yours (depending on their tactic knowledge of course) by learning the tactic.

People already get pissed off and complain about the AI learning their tactic on their losing streak when it doesn't exist in it's entirety. What do you think will happen when SI implements this?

Edited by saiyaman

- Manager AI. Make the managers actually have personalities instead of just a name with nothing behind it.

- Transfers need to be improved drastically. The whole proces with negotiations (with agents, players and clubs). In RL a player/agent often make pre arranged agreements before their club even have received an offer for the player. There are a lot of nuances missing that would make the whole proces way more entertaining

- More detailed interaction with players. Both your players and players from other clubs

- In the olden days, there were rare instances where a player would retire early due to injuries, private issues interfering with their career, early deaths (for regens) etc. All these incidents added some flavour to the game.

- Interaction with the press is still way to generic and superficial. Back in the day, the press would confront you about players they thought were to old to still play for you. They would be a tad more aggresive and critical on personal levels. Added some flavour to the game.

I would like to see the following changes being made to the game:

• Less media interaction. It's way to repetitive now.
  • Enhanced local graphics, ie. every stadium and away game should be more realistic. All stadiums more or less looks the same.
  • Join forces with some of the excellent creators that makes great editor files to make the game more realistic. For example @Daveincid@themodelcitizen@Rob 396 all makes essential add-ons for a better and more complete in-game experience.
  • For those that only plays with "commentary-mode", make it possible to do a lighter install of the game.
  • Make it possible to search for players from a specific geographic region of a nation. This way it would be possible to do a "Bilbao" save in all playable leagues.
  • The implementation of the salary cap in La Liga 1 and 2 must be done better and more understandable. Also more realistic.
  • Add another level in both Italy and Spain.
Edited by Arla2002

1. More graphics in the "board interaction" section, especially training facilities and stadium modernization / construction. As a manager, I would like to be more involved in these processes, receive reports on the construction of a new stand, a new training ground, of course, that all this should be accompanied by photos from the construction site, etc.
Edited by Maciejko7788

Something I have really enjoyed, and I think could be implemented in FM (probably not what they should improve the most so I am going off topic slightly) is the way Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP) deal with player attributes. There is much more focus on assessing the players data and in-game stats rather than just looking at a players attribute ratings. So whilst they do still have attribute ratings, these are determined by each teams coaching staff rather than being the number the game gives them. So for example my coaching team may rate Salah's finishing as 17 but another team's coaches/scouts may rate it as 19, so whilst you do get an idea of how good a player's attributes are, you have to make your decisions on how they actually perform in the matches. OOTP has a ridiculous amount of stats you can delve into, and I think with the addition of the data hub in FM this year it would be quite interesting to see something similar adopted in FM.