Who is Better?

Really difficult choice.

For me it's the question of aggression vs. personality.

Both are consistent, but Linus Ferner has "spirited" marked as a strength and also he's good in big matches. His determination is better by a point as well.

Rudy Milani has probably a little bit less desireable personality (what is it?) but it can't be too bad, because he has 16 determination and good leadership. At the same time he has way better bravery and aggression.

I'd keep Milani because of that bravery and aggression. It would be OK to have a centre-back with 10-12 attributes in those categories, but 6-8 could be a serious hindrance.

1 hour ago, Draakon said:

Really difficult choice.

For me it's the question of aggression vs. personality.

Both are consistent, but Linus Ferner has "spirited" marked as a strength and also he's good in big matches. His determination is better by a point as well.

Rudy Milani has probably a little bit less desireable personality (what is it?) but it can't be too bad, because he has 16 determination and good leadership. At the same time he has way better bravery and aggression.

I'd keep Milani because of that bravery and aggression. It would be OK to have a centre-back with 10-12 attributes in those categories, but 6-8 could be a serious hindrance.

Thanks for your analysis. It is a tough choice and I've flip-flopped a few times.

How did you decide his personality is less desirable please? Was it just the awkward social group con?

If so please see my latest screenshot, it could just be his nationality compared to the rest of my squad?

15 hours ago, Uncle Adi said:

Thanks for your analysis. It is a tough choice and I've flip-flopped a few times.

How did you decide his personality is less desirable please? Was it just the awkward social group con?

From FM scout personalities guide. It's a slight difference, and personality guide gives you range, not exact figures, but you could say that Ferner is probably slighlty more professional and handles pressure better than Milani.

Spoiler

Spirited
• Determination = 1 - 17
• Pressure = 15 - 20
• Professionalism = 11 - 17
• Sportsmanship = 1 - 14
• Temperament = 10 - 20

Fairly Determined
• Determination = 15 - 17
• Pressure = 1 - 16
• Professionalism = 1 - 14
• Sportsmanship = 5 - 20

Edited by XaW
Spoilers

@Draakon - I put those in a spoiler tag, so people who don't want to know specifics can avoid it. Just FYI, in case you are wondering why your post got edited by me.

On 14/07/2022 at 16:13, Uncle Adi said:

Ferner is taller so I guess it matters less for him

Height doesn’t come into it. Jumping Reach is basically how high their head is off the ground at peak jump.

So a player that’s 5’9” and a player that’s 6’1” both with the same jumping reach would both be able to reach a ball played at the same height.

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

Height doesn’t come into it.

If they have the same jumping reach then the 5'9" guy will be 5'9" plus the reach off the ground, and the 6'1" guy will be 6'1" + reach off the ground.

Anyway, I think both are good-mediocre, but wouldn't spend long concluding keep Milani if I had to choose. 

Edited by du Garbandier

14 minutes ago, du Garbandier said:

If they have the same jumping reach then the 5'9" guy will be 5'9" plus the reach off the ground, and the 6'1" guy will be 6'1" + reach off the ground.

That was the case with the old attribute of Jumping, but it’s not the case anymore. It literally just is how high can they reach with their jump.

Anyway, not really the point of the thread 😅 

I too would go slightly in favour of Milani

Edited by gunner86

16 hours ago, du Garbandier said:

so you're saying these 5'4" CDs the game keeps coming up with can match your 6'8" Towering Whatevers just because they've got the same jumping reach?

The height is included in the Jumping reach. So a short player and a high player with the same jumping reach will reach the same high point with their heads. The shorter guy is just better at jumping than the tall guy. However, being tall means that the tall player might not NEED to jump compared to the short one. Also a lot of other attributes come into play as well as stuff like where they are positioned compared to the ball, etc.

On 15/07/2022 at 05:43, Draakon said:

From FM scout personalities guide. It's a slight difference, and personality guide gives you range, not exact figures, but you could say that Ferner is probably slighlty more professional and handles pressure better than Milani.

Reveal hidden contents

Spirited
• Determination = 1 - 17
• Pressure = 15 - 20
• Professionalism = 11 - 17
• Sportsmanship = 1 - 14
• Temperament = 10 - 20

Fairly Determined
• Determination = 15 - 17
• Pressure = 1 - 16
• Professionalism = 1 - 14
• Sportsmanship = 5 - 20

Thanks, I didn't know that existed.

On 15/07/2022 at 21:46, du Garbandier said:

Anyway, I think both are good-mediocre, but wouldn't spend long concluding keep Milani if I had to choose. 

On 15/07/2022 at 21:59, gunner86 said:

That was the case with the old attribute of Jumping, but it’s not the case anymore. It literally just is how high can they reach with their jump.

Anyway, not really the point of the thread 😅 

I too would go slightly in favour of Milani

What made you both plump for Milani though? Just the better technical and mental averages or something else?

I'm wondering if they're as close as I think they are or if I'm missing something obvious.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Uncle Adi said:

What made you both plump for Milani though? Just the better technical and mental averages or something else?

I'm wondering if they're as close as I think they are or if I'm missing something obvious.

Cheers

7 hours ago, du Garbandier said:

Look at Agression/Bravery. The difference is among the biggest between them and although Milani's aggression is a little high for my taste, I don't want jellies in that position.

yeah. This is pretty much me too. The marginally better technicals are nice, but that bravery is a nice little bonus