South Korea
Doubtful:
Heung-Min Son

Spain
Doubtful
Eric Garcia

5 hours ago, Jeroen Thijssen said:

Ghana has just announced a 55 player provisional squad,

Just seen Jonathan Mensah is still in this. Feels like he has been turning out for Ghana for about 20 years :D  No idea how he is still only 32.

If Brazilian players used their real names instead of nicknames, people would get confused due to the huge amount of players whose surname is Silva or Santos. :D 

Edited by PMLF

• Rob1981 changed the title to COUNTDOWN! 15 days to the World Cup.
  • Rob1981 changed the title to COUNTDOWN! 14 days to the World Cup.
6 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

Got a bad feeling about today. Chelsea v Arsenal, Tottenham v Liverpool. Gonna be another injury or two I reckon.

Callum Wilson gone off at half time for Newcastle even though they were 1-0 up.  Can't be good news.

• Rob1981 changed the title to COUNTDOWN! 10 days to the World Cup.
On 06/11/2022 at 18:57, PMLF said:

Coutinho with a muscular leg injury, he now has no chance of going to World Cup, according to reports in Brazilian press.

Surely wouldn't have been in contention anyway? Hard to judge anyone in Gerrard's 'system', but he really has been bad all season. Our best Brazilian is comfortably Douglas Luiz. Turning into a top midfielder.

Just now, Baptista_8 said:

Surely wouldn't have been in contention anyway? Hard to judge anyone in Gerrard's 'system', but he really has been bad all season. Our best Brazilian is comfortably Douglas Luiz. Turning into a top midfielder.

Coutinho supposedly would have been called up if not injured.

• Rob1981 changed the title to COUNTDOWN! 9 days to the World Cup.
  • Rob1981 changed the title to COUNTDOWN! 5 days to the World Cup.
  • Rob1981 changed the title to COUNTDOWN! 4 days to the World Cup.
1 hour ago, Weezer said:

Ha, it’s literally Fyre Festival :D 

With this and the Danish film crew getting roughed up by police live on air, I have to wonder if this is going to be another Atlanta 1996 or when Delhi hosted the commonwealth games rather than everything coming together at the last minute and being fine.

31 minutes ago, The Golden boy said:

Can you do some investigative journalism for OTF whilst you're there?

Maybe, but I’m not going anywhere near that place!

I wouldn’t feel safe leaving anything in there at all, and imagine pissed up football fans trying to find their own tent at the end of the night :D 

1 hour ago, Bootador said:

Holy crap it's the Weird Science tune!

Halloween Costume Idea – Gary and Wyatt from Weird Science - Like Totally  80s | Weird science, Totally 80s, Science

I wonder how the two Cristianos Ronaldos got along so well given his ego. :D 

Also a couple of female players but not Marta, I suppose she is not sponsored by Nike.

• Rob1981 changed the title to COUNTDOWN! 3 days to the World Cup.
15 hours ago, Bootador said:

It's amazing how much adding those older players improves this over just relying on the media-trained automatons that pass for current players.  I doubt in 20 years time a number of the modern players will still get that kind of pop that having Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Davids in there does.

Messi will probably be considered the GOAT when he retires, and absolutely certainly if Argentina win the cup, but he’s soooo boring.

Its why I always go Maradona over Pele, it’s the character and legend on top of the immense talent that make it special.

Over the past few evenings I've been watching those 10 to 15 minute highlights from previous World Cups, mainly from 1998 to 2010.

We often talk about what changed in football over the years etc, but there's one thing which immediately jumps out that really changed in in early to mid 2010s I'd say.

Ridiculous number of long shots that are really low percentage, like no way it's a goal.

And this isn't just tied to international football, whenever I watch 90s and 00s CL highlights that show everything instead of just best moments, it was the same in club football.

Last night I watched England-Argentina and England-Brazil from 2002 and as soon as someone is within 30m of the goal and no good pass available right away, they just strike it at the goal. :lol:

1 hour ago, Weezer said:

Messi will probably be considered the GOAT when he retires, and absolutely certainly if Argentina win the cup, but he’s soooo boring.

Its why I always go Maradona over Pele, it’s the character and legend on top of the immense talent that make it special.

:lol: As in a boring person?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

Best placed team from last tournament then. Or highest in fifa rankings. Russia vs Saudi Arabia and Qatar vs Ecuador - its not exactly top of the must watch games. 

I like the idea of defending champions on opening day but it should be the host nation as well I reckon. 

Why was the Qatar game moved to a day before? Seems a bit weird.