Is this ridiculous

So im in 2032 at the moment, I'm Sheffield Wednesday and i've just won the Premiership for the first time and finished runners up in the champions league for the third year on the trot. I'm slightly concerned about my wage budget. Currently its about 4.3 million. But look at the amount some of these players are on! I feel like the further you get in to a save the more ridiculous the wages / money gets. The majority of the players my scouts are sending my way are all on £200,000 to £500,000 p/w. Or is it my bad money management?

image.thumb.png.655150c4a831bfe9f9fb6e2665d520d5.png

Edited by NEO-BAHAMUT-

Players playing regularly for one of the best teams in the world would expect to be payed as the best players in the world (since they technically are result-wise).

Looking at Man City (one of the top teams in my save) in 2025, 12 players earn more than 200k p/w. Liverpool, Man Utd, and Chelsea are close, and they have around 8-10 players at that wage. So it's not really unexpected for your players to expect the same, I'd say.

Year 2042 (all players are newgens)

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.a6a70943dca54000c49741552068d393.png

====

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.4efe66ec5f0f546f606e4dddc1896439.png

====

Highest earner (550K p/w, euros). His reputation is 4.5* (above 8000).

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.a35f6fa80029d7376e9b69040fd970dd.png

====

The more successful you get, scouters will send you similar players with the equal wage budget. It's not a bad wage management.  

I have a similar problem as Carlisle United in 2031 (on FM19) and my wage budget hasn't increased in 3 or 4 seasons, and although I was comfortably under I'm now getting dangerously close to it as everyone wants top wages.

I'm hoping that when the new stadium is complete it will bring in more revenue and the board will increase the budget...

18 hours ago, NEO-BAHAMUT- said:

@bartdude Ok you have confused me...

image.png.7411e44918cb893120d2b75f1b56219f.png

Ah ok, are you referring to the "Cinch Premiership".....

:)

Indeed I am. You claimed SW won the "Premiership", when you should have said "Premier League". It grates on me because we thankfully got rid of Dinosaur Hodgson at Palace, who regularly referred to the Premier League as the Premiership. So when I see the same mistake I attempt to correct people with sarcasm, like not playing in Scotland or not a rugby team. No offence intended buddy and well done for getting The Owls to Premier League champions.

I have a similar problem, the money part is not problematic (yet), but that will follow now that my first player was able to demand 12m Euros/year to keep him here. My problem is with playing time. I am now a 4 1/2 star reputation club, and my players have requested contracts as 2 star players, 5 important players, 4 regular starters, 6 squad players. Every new contract goes into the same direction. Then i am stuck between resting players in the season and fullfilling their playing time, which is not fun if you have two world class strikers in a formation with two forward spots. I get that i am not yet a club that can field 2 first teams that could win my league, but i shouldn't be so far off that my players best players won't accept anything but star player contracts.

Not offended at all. After you said it It got me thinking straight away. Thanks - I've never managed to do it before in a previous FM save. I try this every year. I've sort of given up on the save now as players are just ridiculous in price and wages.