The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Of course, that’s not all. We like you to find things out for yourself while you are playing and there are lots of treats for you to discover.

Hinting for the BETA?

With the blog post done today and no stream announced, we're just waiting for the beta to drop now. Yesterday when I doubted the lack of videos from youtubers/streamer they dropped immediately. Therefore, I can say with full confidence that the beta will not drop today. 

''A feature that many have been calling for on our forums, all user-controlled Under-18 and Under-23 teams can now receive invites to active youth leagues, even if those teams have been created after your save game began.''

Really struggling to get my head around this one. 

2 minutes ago, c0nn0r said:

With the blog post done today and no stream announced, we're just waiting for the beta to drop now. Yesterday when I doubted the lack of videos from youtubers/streamer they dropped immediately. Therefore, I can say with full confidence that the beta will not drop today. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

I also wait for Beta and in meantime I am forced to play with Brest in French division what I hate most.

I hope FM23 will be much harder and more demanding then Fm 22!

What I saw from some Videos there is no complete match engine changes and all this new features are not really needed and  for sure I will not use them.

image.thumb.png.d2b0bbd608ed9b84bdc4ce538dfb2d4d.png

Ligue 1 was won by boobies.

7 minutes ago, c0nn0r said:

image.gif.2e716610f089e0e3703f01a936cc7b21.gif

8 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

''A feature that many have been calling for on our forums, all user-controlled Under-18 and Under-23 teams can now receive invites to active youth leagues, even if those teams have been created after your save game began.''

Really struggling to get my head around this one. 

Before if you added a youth team, they didn’t join leagues. Now they do.

I think.

Just now, Steve1977beyond said:

With the BETA, is it the case you can only select 1 league or is it essentially the full game with a disclaimer there may be some dodgy bugs in it and so this 2 week period gives them a chance to iron out?

The latter. 

Just now, Steve1977beyond said:

With the BETA, is it the case you can only select 1 league or is it essentially the full game with a disclaimer there may be some dodgy bugs in it and so this 2 week period gives them a chance to iron out?

The second. It’s full game.

I am in that horrible position where I really wanna play FM but I know that if I start a new save it'll be pointless because it'll come out as soon as I start enjoying it!

So with that in mind the main thing I want to see from FM is:

- The ability to play dour defensive football.
- Stopping gegenpressing being the only way you can play succesfully.

That's all I want, seeing as my dream of improved look of the game is in tatters. I beg that they add some variety in the way you can play the game.

Just now, nb9 said:

I am in that horrible position where I really wanna play FM but I know that if I start a new save it'll be pointless because it'll come out as soon as I start enjoying it!

That's all I want, seeing as my dream of improved look of the game is in tatters. I beg that they add some variety in the way you can play the game.

Word is that defensive football won't be a waste of time on FM23.

Just now, nb9 said:

Did you manage to see any youtube FM23 yesterday? If not, I'd recommend to go and have a look. Zealand, Benjy or anyone you prefer. Seems that the defensive football actually work. But as for the "one tactic wins all" that remains to be seen. 

3 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Word is that defensive football won't be a waste of time on FM23.

2 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

Did you manage to see any youtube FM23 yesterday? If not, I'd recommend to go and have a look. Zealand, Benjy or anyone you prefer. Seems that the defensive football actually work. But as for the "one tactic wins all" that remains to be seen. 

Music to my ears chaps. It hasn't been an effective way of playing since FM19. The last two editions have got boring very quick for me because whatever you do tactically you just always revert to the same style of play.

Adding variety to the way the match engine works will improve the game more than any features.

The most fun I have had on FM was playing overly defensive football succesfully, as weird as that is to a lot of people!

Edited by nb9

Just now, Karnack said:

0 SI-staff presence here, can only indicate that they are all fist fighting over who will get to press the release-button! 

I've heard the staff have a to-the-death swordfight tournament.  Currently Miles is the undisputed king of this thanks to him being a musketeer in a previous life.