The Officially Unofficial “When’s the FM23 BETA out?” speculation thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, kevhamster said:

I've heard the staff have a to-the-death swordfight tournament.  Currently Miles is the undisputed king of this thanks to him being a musketeer in a previous life.

This is actual footage from last year when Miles won the final.

Monty Python Fight GIF

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

The thing I'm looking forward to most about when the beta drops is moving the facepacks/logopacks across to the new game. 

Said no-one ever. 

Has to be done though. 

I’m ready. Got a folder on my desktop ready to move

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

The thing I'm looking forward to most about when the beta drops is moving the facepacks/logopacks across to the new game. 

Said no-one ever. 

Has to be done though. 

But do you do this at beta stage, or when the full release drops?

I need to update my logo pack as I still have the old badge for Eastleigh FC and that annoys me.

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Said no-one ever. 

Has to be done though. 

I just rename the folder.

32 minutes ago, nb9 said:

Music to my ears chaps. It hasn't been an effective way of playing since FM19. The last two editions have got boring very quick for me because whatever you do tactically you just always revert to the same style of play.

Adding variety to the way the match engine works will improve the game more than any features.

The most fun I have had on FM was playing overly defensive football succesfully, as weird as that is to a lot of people!

I couldn't agree with this more. Although, I'm very excited about the squad planner and particularly the interaction with the apparent big improvements in the area of recruitment. I've been wanting to see this since the DoF was introduced. If we have more intelligent DoFs in transfer/ contract negotiations, then bingo, this will be the best version in years for me.

1 minute ago, nunch98 said:

So, I haven't used a facepack, real names, newgen faces, grass textures etc since at least 2019. What does everyone recommend

People can't discuss how to get round the licencing restrictions on the forum.  Mentioning it can be done is fine, saying on the public forum how to do it, or linking to packs is not allowed.

1 hour ago, Polski97 said:

Exactly ... zero communication so why would it be today / tomorrow. It's clearly next week Tuesday :onmehead:

Miles NEVER communicates about the beta release date.... He only says it's approximately 2 weeks before release like every year. 

Just now, kevhamster said:

Miles NEVER communicates about the beta release date.... He only says it's approximately 2 weeks before release like every year. 

He says it's ready when it's ready

9 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

People can't discuss how to get round the licencing restrictions on the forum.  Mentioning it can be done is fine, saying on the public forum how to do it, or linking to packs is not allowed.

Without discussing where to get it but talking around it, does the real name fix work if I transfer it to the new game or does a new one need to be created for each year?

Just now, metallimuse said:

Without discussing where to get it but talking around it, does the real name fix work if I transfer it to the new game or does a new one need to be created for each year?

No idea.  I just get the new one each year.  The file size is tiny and it's always available pretty much immediately.

4 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

He says it's ready when it's ready

My point is, he doesn't actively engage about it, and in fact the last couple of years has quite publicly muted the word "beta" from his twitter so he doesn't even see posts about it.