• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

What this means ?

image.png.20a2ee64b0ac8f3e01541a7f1aaeee7b.png

In other games I have played - its what resolution your graphics card will render the scenes at as a percentage of your screen resolution (before then scaling it down to the display resolution). This should give a higher quality image. 

After having changed the in-game language from German (my computer's language) to English, all country names & league names are still in German. (Rest of the interface changed to English)

Anyone else experiencing this?

FIXED: the "data language" has been introduced - so now there are two language settings. Good to know!

Edited by eusebio1

40 minutes ago, unitedstian said:

Lisandro Martinez has a jumping reach of 13.... 

In FM, jumping reach = maximum height player can jump to rather their actual jumping ability. 

Martinez is only 1.75m so even with a good jump he won't be able to reach the same height as players 1.90m+. Based on this 13 feels fair, it's the upper end for someone of his height. 

This isn't the only determinant of aerial ability however; bravery, anticipation, determination, and strength all influence how likely they are to win a header.  

Edited by dannyfc

I haven't had much time to play the beta yet, and will certainly do so in the coming days. There's only one feedback I have to give right away, because it's extremely disappointing: The club expectations are still extremely unrealistic - and that just completely takes away the motivation, because you want to play the "reality" and not become an international succesful club with a mediocre club in the first season. I can show what I mean with a very simple example:

Placement of Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga - in reality:

2019/20: 10/18
2020/21: 14/18
2021/22: 16/18
This season only still Bundesliga, because they have won the relegation.
Current status 2022/23 after 10 matchdays: 15/18

Expectation of the club in FM 23: Qualify for the Europa League.

That just doesn't add up at all. I'm a big fan of this club and naturally want the greatest possible success. But where's the fun in the game if the expectations don't match reality at all? The only realistic goal for the season would be to stay in the league at all costs.

I really hope the expectations can be fixed for the final release, because realistically ranking your favorite club is more important than any feature.

2 minutes ago, cadeyrn said:

I haven't had much time to play the beta yet, and will certainly do so in the coming days. There's only one feedback I have to give right away, because it's extremely disappointing: The club expectations are still extremely unrealistic - and that just completely takes away the motivation, because you want to play the "reality" and not become an international succesful club with a mediocre club in the first season. I can show what I mean with a very simple example:

That just doesn't add up at all. I'm a big fan of this club and naturally want the greatest possible success. But where's the fun in the game if the expectations don't match reality at all? The only realistic goal for the season would be to stay in the league at all costs.

I really hope the expectations can be fixed for the final release, because realistically ranking your favorite club is more important than any feature.

That's something you can report and get fixed if it doesn't feel right :thup:

1 hour ago, kopfan1977 said:

Just did. Took control of all responsibilities on who to hire/fire/courses etc. I still cannot see who the 'Staff' are. I'm just about to save and reload to see if that works

Go into staff, overview, and down to "All". It will then show all your staff including youth staff 

1 hour ago, DementedHammer said:

Here we go!

image.thumb.png.99cf1e04c4d052b5eac88aa018def4ce.png

Many thanks to SI for getting this out in time for the NZ Labour Day three day weekend.

My first complaint.... Every year, I have to scroll down further and further to enter my birth year! :lol:

☠️☠️☠️🤣

53 minutes ago, M26HFC said:

Why does Tom Huddlestone have better passing than KDB?

Absolutely scandalous.

True story, but when I worked at Spurs years back, that guy was passing 30 to 40 yard passes to other players on a plate. That was a team that had Bale and Erikesen. He’s the best passer of the ball I ever witnessed. If he was just slimmer and more agile, he would’ve played longer in the Prem

Has anyone else had problems with lower league players (particularly in England) asking for way higher wages than you'd normally expect (Jerome Binnom-Williams who has a very low CA by National League North/South standards for example is asking National League clubs for £1.5k a week)? Understand it's something that's currently under review but just curious to know if it's something other people have noticed as well.

Edited by LewisRWalsh

hace 33 minutos, cadeyrn dijo:

Are you kidding? Hertha Berlin changes managers every six months or so because none of them deliver on the board's expectation of a top half team. If you can't deliver that, expect to be fired, just like the managers in real life. Expecting Europa League is realistic given the ambitions of the fairly new owner. This doesn't mean the board is being reasonable, just that the game is being realistic.

Edited by TokyoWanderer

1 hour ago, andu1 said:

Thank god you removed 4-2-3-1 Wide tactic from the AI and replaced with 4-2-3-1 with 2 DM's which is the realistic version used IRL

That is actually avery interesting addition. What about the AI keeping the ball easily with the 4231? Noticed unusually high possession numbers for the AI with 4231?

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, LewisRWalsh said:

Has anyone else had problems with lower league players (particularly in England) asking for way higher wages than you'd normally expect (Jerome Binnom-Williams who has a very low CA by National League North/South standards for example is asking National League clubs for £1.5k a week)? Understand it's something that's currently under review but just curious to know if it's something other people have noticed as well.

Yeah a known issue on our end which is being investigated. 

Disappointed you still can't pay for your own Coaching badges you have to ask the board and if they don't wanna lose you they usually reject. I just tested it with stoke I'm on £16k a week. A lot of managers do their courses before they join a club or whilst unemployed etc.  

• Administrators
1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

Disappointed you still can't pay for your own Coaching badges you have to ask the board and if they don't wanna lose you they usually reject. I just tested it with stoke I'm on £16k a week. A lot of managers do their courses before they join a club or whilst unemployed etc.  

This is something we've clarified before - your money isn't for spending in game as your 'balance' can never take into account real life finances (e.g., your mortgage, children, pets, car taxes, investments etc). Only if we added a 'sims' like function in game of spending could we do this, and there currently aren't plans to go in that direction. Would be the same if it was a percentage of the manager's wages too. 

The game runs smoothly as it was a full release, and I remember last year's beta was a bit laggy, so that's nice.

I've played only for 15 minutes so far and it feels just like FM 22 to be honest 😃 still love it though!

Edited by gggfunk

1 hour ago, decapitated said:

If anyone is interested here is a 17 and a half minute video of the match engine I took.

So all one on ones were either missed or the gk made a save...but the difficult shots went in....